Hidden Truth

By xxNessa21xx

Lady-Lou was rejected by her mate, Alex at sixteen. Not only that her older brother and sister, seems to enjo... More

Prologue
~ 01 ~
~ 02 ~
~ 03 ~
~ 04 ~
~ 05 ~
~ 06 ~
~ 07 ~
~ 08 ~
~ 09 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 18 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ 24 ~
~ 25 ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 ~
~ 29 ~
~ 30 ~
~ 31 ~
~ 32 ~

~ 20 ~

26.7K 435 18
By xxNessa21xx

Happily I sign myself out after three hours of check up and x-rays. I sprint out of the hospital and inhale the fresh air, smiling foolishly.

I’m free! I screamed in my head.

Free from all those awful balance hospital foods, free from needles in my arm, free from being treated as a child and free from two idiots who argues all day long on who’s turn to look after me.

Yes, I was free to do whatever I want again and this time nothing will hold me back to fulfil what I was sent here to do.

“What do you want to do first?” Arvin asks.

I turn around grinning like an idiot and sent him a wink. “I’m going for a run.” Before they can even object, I turn around and sprint to the woods. “See you at the house!” I yelled.

Showing off, I jump the fence and shift to my wolf. Show off! Everyone said through the mind link except Brian and Arvin who I imagine is smiling and shaking their heads.

I dart through the forest, going deeper and deeper. I let myself go, pushing all my worries at the back of my head. It wasn’t the time to think or try to solve something.

My body was cramp and stiff from the lack of shifting for week straight. It wasn’t like me as well.

I dodge trees after trees until I reach a place I never seen before. It was a lake and a mile away was a waterfall. I stroll towards it, tails waging uncontrollably from excitement.

The waterfall was breath-taking as I stare at gawk on it. It was after all the most beautiful thing I ever seen for the pass week.

I sat at the edge of the pool it create and let my mind wonder to every problem I was facing.

My priority is to help my old pack, followed by my mates and lastly my family. The first one wasn’t really a problem but the second and third one was.

For four days, I had been thinking about those two, comparing them to one another which lead me to square one.

It seems like whatever I though of something good about Brian, Alex would have something better and vice versa. Even the rejection didn’t help me after knowing why Alex did it.

Did I really want to know why? I ask myself over and over again. Yes, I wanted to know why I wasn’t good enough but that wasn’t really the cast.

He rejected me because he was scared, scared that I would leave him to my mate.

I frown, staring at the waterfall with concentration.

The talk about second mate seems to echoes in my head. ‘Only the rejected one or the mate that died before they met them is the one who finds their second mate.’

Alex rejected me and Brian was my second mate. Is Alex my first mate?

A nagging feeling settles in as I rank my head for an answer. I was Alex second mate, only second mates whose fate is entangle together.

Only second mates!

My eyes widen as realisation hit me like a bullet. I jump to my paw and sprint back to the pack house.

The sight of the pack house pumps more adrenalines through my veins as I sprint to my room. I shift back to my human form and quickly put on some clothes.

Arvin, where are you? I ask through the mind link as I sprint down the stairs.

Having some lunch at the diner, why? He said, worried.

I’ll be there in a bit.

Arvin didn’t answer.

Ten minutes later, we found ourselves standing in the heart of the woods. “Mind telling me, why you suddenly decide to drag me all the way here?” Arvin asks playfully.

I stop pacing, not even knowing when I start pacing and look up to him. “I need answers and I don’t want anyone else to know.”

Arvin only nods while I check my walls for my mind link.

Good, they’re up. I thought and ask out loud, “Is the only way to get a second mate means the first mate rejected you?”

Arvin frowns and cleared his voice. “I think so, why?”

Ignoring his question and continue on with mine. “Is there any chance that Alex would be my first mate?”

Arvin seems to catch on as his eyes widen from shock before it was replace with confusion. “No. Fate only tied the ones that are rejected or their mate died before they even met.”

“That means Alex is my second mate.”

Arvin frowns. “Isn’t Brian your second mate?”

I groan and tilting my head backwards. He’s right. I thought before looking back at Arvin. “Is it possible to have to second mate?”

Arvin shakes his head. “No, once you found your second mate means you two are meant to be together, after all both of you know how it felt to be rejected.”

I groan once again. “This doesn’t make sense at all!” I yelled and start pacing. “If the only way to get second mate is to be rejected or the first mate died before meeting, that means Alex is my second mate but what about Brian? Also I don’t even remember being rejected!”

“Do you think fate made a mistake?”

I stop pacing and look at Arvin. We both knew the answer to that and we both know fate was never wrong.

“This is soo confusing.” I said sulking on a fallen tree.

Arvin made his way towards where I sat and sat next to me. “I think you should talk to your parents.” I look at him like he was crazy. “Think about it,” he continues on, “the only way you can’t remember about it is either you were too young or you had some kind of an accident that made you forget.”

“But why would my parent know?” I asks, confuse.

“It’s because I have a feeling that they would know.” Arvin said quietly and everyone in the Crescent pack knows that once Arvin had these weird feelings, it means it’s true.

I sigh and look at Arvin who looks up a second later. “I’m not ready to face them yet.”

“Not ready or scared?”

“Both.” I whispered.

“I can come with you if that helps.” He said with a shrug.

I couldn’t help but giggle and smile up to him. “That would be great.”

We stayed silent for a while, listening to birds chirping and crickets while time to time a frog would make a noise. But not until Arvin broke it and ask, “Are we going tonight or tomorrow?”

I sigh. I knew it was coming and I already knew the answer. “Tonight.” I whisper.

Arvin only nod before getting up and stretch. “Well, I don’t know about you but I don’t plan to waste my day off in the woods.” He teases.

I chuckle and got up. “What are you guys planning to do?”

Arvin shrugs and sent a mischief smile at me. “I don’t know about everyone else but I on the other hand got a hot steaming date with my mate on the phone.” He said wagging both of his eyebrows.

“Ew!” I said playfully, knowing full well what he was on about. “That’s gross.” I said and playfully push him away from me.

Arvin only chuckles as we make our way back to the others who patiently waiting for us at the edge of the woods.

“What took you two soo long?” Lee whined as soon as he saw us.

“If I didn’t know Arvin got a mate, I’ll definitely think you two did it there.” Tyler said playfully making Brian tense up. Tyler seems to notice this and sheepishly look at Brian. “Sorry man, I didn’t mean to…” Tyler trail off.

Brian looks at him and smile. “Its fine, I know what you mean but lately just thinking about Cherry without someone else seems to put me on the edge.”

I clench my hands into a fist, fighting a guilty feeling that starting to settle in. Arvin seems to realise this as he let out a huff of air, “Man, why is soo hot in here even though we’re in the middle of the forest surrounded by bloody trees for shades?” He whined like a baby.

Everyone laugh at this but it did take their mind off the subject as they start asking random question about the heat.

Arvin looks at me and wink while I mouthed a ‘thank you’.

The rest of the afternoon, Arvin ditches us for his mate while the rest of us played hockey with the other pack members.

Time seems to pass really quickly because the next thing I knew I was standing in front of my parent’s house.

My palms were sweating, my heart was pounding loud and quick, deafening me for other sound as I listen to my heart beat, unwillingly.

It was too late to chicken out and even though the thought cross my mind, I knew the sooner I done it the sooner I can get it done.

The sound of the door knob twisting because my heart beat to accelerate even more and the fear of having a heart attack were just around the corner of my mind.

Arvin places a reassuring hand around my waist while supporting me to stand up as well. “I got you.” He whispers just as the door open.

“Can I help you?” My mother asks looking between Arvin and me.

Every time she looks at me, her gaze lingers longer than when she looks at Arvin while she frowns.

I cleared my throat and look at Arvin on last time for reassurance. He nods his head and smile down at me. “I don’t know if you remember me but it’s me mum, it’s me, Lady-Lou.” I said quietly, looking at her straight in the eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 11.8K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...
529K 11.8K 24
Lucy Hale, your typical omega. Shy, nerdy, loner and anything her pack would like to punch and boss around. Her life was turned upside down after an...
1.1M 8.7K 28
Rebecca Hudson was a reject. She was abused, hated, unloved and weak. But all her life she was best friends with David Williams, the next Alpha. She...
1.3M 41.8K 31
[Rejection Series Book 2] "Me, your mate? As if. You're weak and the reason my parents are dead!" He scuffs at my face and then does the worst thing...