Her Eyes

By UrbanQueen

Texas born twins Cilia and Iris Hunter were brought to Brooklyn, New York and given up for adoption at the ag... More

1 - "Ditmas Park"
2 - "Basement Brawls"
3 - "A New Life"
4 - "Street Rats"
5 - "Back Home"
6 - "Their Unhappy Family Reunion"
7 - "Breeze"
8 - "Money Impossible"
9 - "Friends...Or Not."
10 - "An Agonizing Night Of Passion"
11 - "A Mission Failed"
12 - "This Is An Emergency"
13 - "No Turning Back"
14 - "We Meet Again"
15 - "His Wife"
16 - "The Other Dime & Partners In Crime"
17 - "Their Family History"
18 - "Bonnie & Clyde"
19 - "First Interrogations Are Everything"
20 - "Close Calls"
21 - "Revelations"
22 - "When The Walls Are Closing In"
23 - "Dead It"
24 - "Lines In the Sand"
26 - "Crossing The Line For Dollar Signs"
27 - "The Breakup"
28 - "The Connect"
29 - "I love you, Cilia"
30 - "The Meeting"
31 - "Mission Complete"
32 - "Caught"
33 - "She Snaps"
34 - "Her True Colors"
35 - "One Step Ahead"
36 - "One Step Back"
37 - "Epilogue"

25 - "Gold Ice Casino"

22.9K 996 3K
By UrbanQueen

Cilia and Allele looked out the tinted windows of the coach bus, as it pulled into the parking lot of Gold Ice Casino. It had to be over hundreds and hundreds of cars parked in the lot, most of them expensive and luxurious. None of the two had ever left Brooklyn, so even though they were right next door to New York City; Little Silver, New Jersey was like another planet for them right now.

The windows to the Casino building were so long and so clear, it almost made the entire building seem like it was made of glass. People could even be seen walking around in the building. Splashes of bright gold paint decorated the perimeter wherever the long windows didn't cover. Cilia finally realized why it was called Gold Ice Casino. The gold paint represented the gold part and the glass represented the ice.

A huge sign written in cursive gold read: Gold Ice Casino. Cilia was willing to bet it lit up at night, but it wasn't dark enough yet. It was only 5:30PM in the evening and the event started 9:00PM tonight. The bus started to get loud with chatter as all the other people on board started to get excited and talk about the place amongst themselves and the people they came with. Because Allele and Cilia didn't have a ride of their own, they had to use the free coach bus that transported the customers to the site.

Allele smiled as the bus slowly drove through the lot, careful not to hit anyone's car as it approached the building. He rubbed his hands together, leaning back in the soft fuzzy seat. "I can't wait to get up in here. I bet the bitches are bad as hell."

Cilia's excitement suddenly diminished like a lit flame as she turned her attention on him. Dressed in a gray Nike hoodie, his hair was done in one long French braid with a black Nike cap over his head, his teeth gleaming harder than the diamond earrings in his ear.

"Don't play with me bitch." Cilia snarled, "If you ever cheat on my sister—"

"What the fuck you gon' do?" Allele laughed.

Cilia's hand raised up from her side, but Allele quickly grabbed her hands, laughing. "C'mon chill, you always playing."

The bus pulled up to the front of the building and the engine cut off. The doors opened at the front and everyone began to file off. Cilia and Allele followed suit, thanking the bus driver for a safe trip like everyone else before stepping off and going to the side of the bus to retrieve their bags. The side doors to the bus opened and everyone began to get their belongings.

Cilia and Allele who didn't have much, spotted their duffel bags quickly. Cilia grabbed her gray duffel and Allele grabbed his black one as they made their way into the Casino. Cilia thought about metal detectors and damn near tripped on her feet when she remembered they were both packing, but she quickly realized there were none when they walked straight into the building and everyone was freely walking about.

The inside was huge, everything gold. The ceiling, the porcelain floors, the staircases. They were both amazed. The stairs were built at the corners of the building but wrapped around going up and up, seeming endless.

Locating the front desk, the two made their way over. There were about fifteen people standing in front of them with bags in their hands. The first thing they noticed was that there were two people standing side by side in line which reminded them it was a couple's event. Allele dug into his pocket, pulling out a shiny silver wedding ring.

"Here, you gotta put this on." He said, low key passing it to Cilia.

Cilia's mouth opened as she stared at him. "Dude is that Iris's wedding ring? Are you crazy? Why did you take it from her?"

"I slipped it off her finger last night when she was sleeping. We need it, we gotta pretend we're a couple." He reminded.

"Yeah, a couple, doesn't mean we have to be a married couple. Now what happens when she calls looking for it? She's gonna know you took it, she has it on all the time."

Allele cut his eyes at her. "Calm down. She'll probably just think she lost it or something."

Cilia sucked her teeth, snatching the ring from him as she put it on. "You do too much."

"Shut up." He mumbled.

"Excuse me, ma'am, sir."

Allele and Cilia looked up to absolutely no one in front of them, still standing in line ten feet away from the reception desk. Both dumbfounded they quickly walked up.

The woman smiled. "Okay, I need to see your wedding rings, your ID's, your names and your keycards."

The two looked at each other in confusion, having no clue what the woman was talking about.

"Our what?" He asked.

"Proof of marriage, your room key cards to get into your rooms, your names and your ID's." She said a little slower as if they were retarded.

Allele furrowed his eyebrows but lifted Cilia's hand. "Ah...we didn't exactly bring our marriage certificate or anything but we have on our rings," he said holding up his own hand to show the plain silver band on his ring finger while the other ring gleamed on Cilia's finger.

"Okay," the girl said again more chirpier. "that was all I needed, just need to make sure your married. This is only a married couple's event ya know." She wrote something down making Allele sneak glare at Cilia with a look that said 'I told you so' and quickly looked back at the woman.

"So, what do you mean key cards? Don't we check in first and then get our keys or whatever?" Cilia questioned.

The girl laughed so hard she put a hand on her chest as she doubled over. Cilia and Allele gave each other a look but shrugged as they turned back to her.

"What's so funny?" Cilia questioned with a straight face.

"What you just said was. Come on, you guys already know every member of the Gold Ice Casino always has their key card on them. It's part of your membership."

Membership? Cilia thought, "What is this a damn Planet Fitness gym? Membership for what?"

Allele nudged her, whispering harshly. "Chill out."

"Maybe you guys haven't been here in a long time, but you pay a fee every month, remember? It automatically comes off your credit card as a member. Which means your room, food fees, and everything in the Casino is in access to you because you already paid for it. Which is why we only need your ID's to swipe into the system. And your last names to see if you're part of the event tonight...unless you guys just came to spend some time."

"Yeah, we're part of the event but we've never been here before." Cilia answered nervously.

"Oh, so your new. That's fine, do you guys want to join the Gold Ice Casino as members, or is this a one time thing for you?" The woman chirped from behind the desk.

Allele ran a hand over his face with a sigh. He had no idea how underprepared they had been. They were probably one year underaged to even be here and knew nothing about how fancy and sophisticated this place ran.

"One time thing." Cilia answered. "Our last name is Denver...Eddie and Jane Denver."

The lady nodded and began signing them in. Allele damn sure hoped he had enough money. He only had five thousand on him, all saved up from drug money. They were only staying for one night so it should have been enough. Or at least he was hoping so.

They paid for the cheapest room which one was one grand. Allele pulled out his money and began to count it since he was paying in cash. It took a couple of minutes, but once he was done he passed it over the desk to the receptionist. She then zoomed through the bills herself, her fingers a blur as she was finished counting in under two minutes. She then dipped behind the counter and handed them each a green key card and smiled. "Have fun at the event tonight."

Allele and Cilia turned around, seeing another worker staring at them with wide eyes and a smile. He was a male, he seemed Mexican or Chinese, he had some weird facial features that couldn't really decipher his race. He was the only one dressed in a green colored uniform.

"What?" Cilia snarled at the man, sizing him up.

Allele glared at her and she cut her eyes at him. He couldn't stand how she had that habit of getting ready to pop on everyone, as if he wasn't the same way sometimes.

"You're bags." The woman behind the desk clarified for them. "He's going to escort you up to your room and take your bags for you."

They followed the bellboy to the section of the Casino where the hotel rooms were and got into the glass elevator. Once up to their rooms, Allele pulled out his keycard and swiped it, allowing the bellboy to walk into the room. He disappeared to rest their bags in their room before coming back out five seconds later. He just stood there however, as if hesitant to walk out. Allele already getting with the program, dipped into his pocket and handed the boy $100. The young man bowed gracefully and walked out, closing the door behind him.

"You gave him a hundred bucks for that? He only had two bags in his hand." Cilia said angrily, that could have bought them three nights of dinner. If not from here, then at least from some place else.

"I know how this place goes, their probably ridiculously expensive here so we have to keep up that image."

"Whatever, just make sure you have enough money for me to eat since you wanna be superstar Jack." Cilia said smartly, walking into the room with folded arms.

Allele chuckled, his eyes catching sight of her ass for half a second before they met the back of her head.

When Cilia walked in she was amazed, if it was even the right word to use in this criteria. The room could almost compare to Breeze's condo. She couldn't believe this was just a hotel room. The living room was grand. There was a 60' inch touch screen TV. The couch set was creme white, equipped with one recliner, a sofa and a love seat, all sitting on top of a plush white rug. There was also a fireplace underneath the TV.

Allele stood behind Cilia with his hands in his pockets, envying the people who could afford this on a regular basis. He wished it could be him. He peeked at Cilia, noticing how hard she was swooning over the place and it low key made him feel ashamed. He should be able to take care of the twins like this.

"Do you see the kitchen?" Cilia said, racing over like a kid in a candy store. There was an actual fridge and not one of those cheap, warm mini refrigerators like the ones from a dirty motel. The kitchen sink, stove and counter top were all attached and they had a white island table, with a clear bowl of all kinds of strong, juicy looking fruits that sat in the middle.

Cilia then raced to the bathroom, Allele following behind her much slower as she ran around like an energizer bunny. As depressed as this turned around to make him on the inside, part of him was still happy seeing Cilia so happy. They got to the bathroom and everything was all white. It was so perfect Cilia almost didn't want to step inside.

The floors were marble white, and so were the walls and the tub. The mirror was large, hanging over the sink and stretching across wide enough to fit two other sinks under it. The shower was large, more than three shower heads inside so the water could come from more than one angle. It could also just be used as a jacuzzi tub. The toilet was a little bigger than most, having three different buttons.

"Hey, isn't that the thing people use to wash their ass?" Cilia questioned, noticing the other built in part of the toilet.

"A bidet." Allele confirmed.

Cilia bit her bottom lip. "Are you gonna use it?" She asked excitedly.

Allele screwed his face up. "Hell nah."

"You dirty."

"I'll wash my ass the regular way. I don't play them type of games." Allele said walking out the bathroom. "You could let things fly up ya ass. I'm good."

Cilia followed him out, racing past him to get to the bedroom. She busted open a door across the room which only turned out to be a closet. It was huge though. A walk in closet. A little much for only a hotel Cilia thought. The purpose was for someone to stay a few nights, not forever.

She opened up another door in the luxury suite which was another bathroom, although that one only happened to be a bathroom with a toilet and a sink.

"Where the hell is the damn bedroom?" Cilia asked.

"Right here." Allele answered, back over by the main bathroom. He thought it would make more sense for the master bathroom and bedroom to be attached to each other. It was the point.

Cilia walked into the bathroom and saw a door she hadn't noticed in the bathroom before. She walked in and gasped at the bedroom, taking in how beautiful it was. The carpet was a plush white, so soft her sneakers sank into it. There was also another 60' inch TV built into the wall. They had an incredible view of all of Little Silver, New Jersey since the gold curtains were pulled back. There was only one bed, an abundance of white fluffy pillows lining the mattress which were decorated with white linen sheets. Cilia wondered why there was only one bed in a room so expensive, then remembered they were suppose to be married so this was the type of rooms the Casino probably offered only to the couples.

A complimentary box of chocolates in a gold heart shaped box sat on the bed with a small white card written in script: old Ice Casino is proud to have you as our guest once again. Please feel free to help yourselves and if anything isn't to your liking, do not hesitate to let any of our staff know.

Allele travelled over to the white creme love seat couch in the bedroom over by one of the windows. He stood beside it, peeking outside. In the distance he could even see a beach. The buildings were tall, all lit up advertising something or the other so your eyesight had to be really good to see the dark blue water and grainy brown sand a mile or two away.

"These muthafuckas lit up here." Cilia said, stuffing a milk chocolate truffle into her mouth as she sat on the edge of the bed.

Allele turned from the window, coming back over to his duffel bag. He pulled his towel out and his own soap he brought then looked at Cilia. "Imma hit the shower then take a nap. You can wake me up like a hour early before this shit start to get dressed and everything."

Cilia pulled her head back, "What? You going to sleep? I thought we would walk around and go to the pool or something. This place is huge and has a bunch of things and stuff we can do."

"Exactly, which is why we ain't going nowhere. We staying as low as possible. We only came here to complete a mission. That's why you always in something."

Cilia rolled her eyes. "Whatever Allele." She mumbled.

Allele pulled his shirt off making Cilia immediately look away. She stared across the room, but out the corner of her eye she still saw him sling the towel over his shoulder as he headed for the bathroom. He opened the door and closed it behind him, turning the bedroom quiet.

Cilia flopped down on the bed, digging out another chocolate before she turned the TV on. She found a good drama program on TNT and let it sit on the channel while she stuffed her face with chocolates. She wasn't into sweets like that so it wasn't a big deal she was indulging for once. The show must have been on for at least fourteen minutes and it was already juicy. It was a scripted drama show about some woman having an affair with her neighbor. It was a little weird but intriguing.

Cilia felt relaxed and happy for once. She was in a luxurious suite. She didn't have to worry about where to sleep tonight or what she was gonna eat. Even though she was not in the best situation, she was still good. Just as she started getting comfortable, her program was cut short by a news station to put on breaking news. Live footage of SWAT rushing into a mall in Syracuse, New York after a terrorist had slaughtered hundreds of people with a machine gun was shown. The man was missing but they began to talk about the same attack happening just days ago in Ohio.

Wow, that's fucked up. Cilia thought, she sat up in search of the box of chocolates, her eyes still on the TV. The bathroom door opened and Cilia glanced at Allele only to tell him to pass the chocolate which was closer to him since it was at the edge of the bed, but her words fell back down her throat, when she saw him standing in nothing but a light brown towel around his waist.

His natural thick and extremely long hair was soaking wet. Unlike her's and Iris's that curled up when water touched it, Allele's own just got flat, sticking to his back and parts of his shoulder. Even long strands sticking to the sides of his smooth chocolate face. Beads of water raced down his chest, having a rocky travel past the deep crevices of his abs. He was breathing so hard his chest was heaving up and down. The hot steam from the shower rushed out behind him, lighting up the room with the pleasant scent of the minty and slight citrus gel he showered with. The towel wasn't even properly secured around him because he was using his right hand to hold it together at the side. In fact, it was hanging so low, she got a glance at his sharp V shape.

Cilia's sparkling amber eyes travelled upward noticing he was holding a cellphone, staring at the screen with narrowed eyes. Then all of a sudden his eyes made a sharp movement toward her. Even the way his eyes moved from the phone screen to her made her feel like the universe was suddenly unbalanced. Cilia saw his lips moving but she wasn't hearing anything. She could remember so many times she told him he was skinny and scrawny. And even though now he still wasn't the biggest guy around, but it was very apparent that there wasn't anything skinny on him. Not a thing.

"Cilia!" Allele yelled, startling her.

Suddenly she could hear again. Yellow taxis obnoxiously honking on the busy streets outside, the faucet in the shower dropping one droplet of water into the tub at a time, she could hear the room service lady out in the hall rolling her metal cart to a room that was close by.

"Yeah, what." she mumbled, swallowing the huge lump in her throat.

Allele narrowed his eyes, turning the phone to her which finally made her realize it was her phone. "Who the fuck is Dion?"

Cilia looked at the name and number on the screen, watching the snarl on Allele's face. Now really snapped out if it, she got up and rushed over to him; trying to grab her phone but Allele put it over his head. He was only taller than her by two inches But he was still much stronger and had longer arms.

"Allele give me my phone, why you picking up my shit!" Cilia shouted, irritated that she hadn't even noticed it was her phone ringing in the first place.

"Yo' this the same nigga that I told you to break it off with since last week?" Allele said putting two and two together. He knew Cilia wasn't the type to have a bunch of dudes in her phone so it had to be the one bitch nigga she was talking too. And Allele knew it wasn't uncommon for people to call back for a while after a relationship was ended; but something was telling him Cilia never ended anything. "Why is he still calling?"

"Give me my phone Allele!" Cilia said jumping for it.

"You didn't end it did you?" He questioned. Receiving no answer, he firmly pushed her back with one hand. "Did you!"

"No!" Cilia screamed back, grilling him just as hard as he was doing her.

Allele stared at her with fire in his eyes. He pulled in a deep breath then let it out through his nose. The phone stopped ringing and he tossed it back to her. It nearly hit her in the mouth but her hands luckily caught it instead. Allele chuckled, scratching the side of his face. "So if I call you a dumb bitch right now I would be wrong, right?"

"Yes you would because I would punch you dead in your face if you do. What you need to do is understand that I heard you. But I don't have to move on Allele's time. I'll end things when I decide to. It's only been a week, relax."

"Well you need to do things on my time because you taking too long." He then abruptly narrowed his eyes to slits, talking in a much calmer tone. "Like why do you really think I won't find out who this nigga is and smoke him Cilia?"

Cilia's palms became sweaty at the threat because she knew he would do it. "Because if you do, I'll never talk to you again."

"Over a nigga?" Allele asked, dumbfounded and amused at the same time.

"Yes." Cilia said back with attitude. She wasn't going to cry but she started blinking profusely like she was going to. "You need to leave it alone Allele. I said I'll do it, damn!"

She then sucked her teeth as she walked past him to head to the living room. She didn't want to be near him right now. All of a sudden Allele snatched her arm, stopping her. He spun her around to face him but she looked past him instead. She could tell he was looking at her though.

"Just so you know, I'll take the risk of you not fucking with me anymore. We can do it your way or mines. Choose wisely."

Cilia snatched her arm back and walked out the room, slamming the bedroom door behind her.

*******

Keshawn tapped the steering wheel with one hand, driving calmly as Grayson sat in the passenger seat of the cruiser, eating a breakfast sandwich from McDonald's.

"Are you sure this is legal?" Grayson asked, noticing people watching him strangely at the red light since he was in the passenger seat and not in the backseat. He clearly didn't have on uniform so it was easy to see that he wasn't an officer.

Keshawn looked at his little brother and smirked. "Stop acting like a twat, Grayson. Is this legal..." Keshawn mumbled shaking his head. "Your with me, I'm as legal as it's gonna get, that's all there is too it."

Grayson sighed and used a napkin to wipe his mouth. He was always dressed to impress. In a pair of Burberry distressed acid wash jeans, a long dark mint green turtle neck shirt and his DNKY leather designer boots. He had a very strange way of dressing but Keshawn let him express himself however he wanted.

"How is them grades looking youngin'? Don't lemme find out I'm paying for your tuition and you out there at Columbia University looking crazy."

Keshawn and Breeze paid for all of Grayson's expenses. His clothes, college fees, transportation money and all. He didn't work, all they wanted him to do was go to school and become something. He lived with their grandmother, his only chores being to help clean the house or babysit their fraternal niece and nephew, Nina and Nathaniel when they came over sometimes.

"My grades are great. All A's, even just got an A plus in biology." He answered proudly, his pearly whites highlighting his smooth chocolate complexion.

Keshawn nodded his head, pulling up behind traffic. "Good, that's whassup. Keep them grades up. You need me to pick you up after school?"

"That's okay. I'll take the bus back."

Keshawn went into his glove compartment and pulled out a hundred dollars and handed it to him.

Grayson smiled, opening his wallet to show it to his brother, "Thanks Shawn but I still have fifty bucks left from last week."

Keshawn folded the hundred and stuffed it in his wallet anyway, rubbing the top of Grayson's head. Grayson was his baby and everyone knew it. He was the baby of everyone in the family. Keshawn took better care of Grayson since he was the youngest of the brothers. When De'marcus died, he became the eldest brother and had to take care of everyone else.

"Just so you know...I know about your fight with Dion. Over him and that girl, Cilia, right? You guys are not talking because of her?"

Keshawn pulled his head back, looking at Grayson. "Who told you that?"

"Well grandma did...you told her and she told me."

Keshawn sighed, even though Grayson was nineteen Keshawn still felt he was a kid and somethings weren't suppose to be discussed with him. Especially when he and Breeze beefed. The two always butted heads but tried to keep it on the low. Because of the life that they had as kids, it was important it always seemed they stuck together.

Keshawn sighed and honked his horn. He was heading to the bus stop to drop Grayson off. "Damn traffic...you late man?"

"No, still have two hours before class starts. It doesn't take that long to get there. Probably like thirty minutes on the bus."

Keshawn nodded. The car was quiet as he kept side eyeing Grayson. Fuck it, he thought. It was already out in the open. "What do you think about it...the situation with me and ya brother."

Ya brother, Grayson thought, he was so childish. He cleared his throat, pushing his glasses higher up on the bridge of his nose. He made a mental note to pack his contact lenses next time. "Well honestly I do feel that Dion is wrong, not just because we're family. I mean...if she's some sort of suspected criminal, he should stay away from her until everything is clear. And it's messing with your job. Then I know it's kinda weird for you at the station, people must be talking huh?"

Keshawn was glad that finally someone saw his point of view. "Talking? People don't even talk to me anymore unless they have too. My brother is dating an alleged murderer and I'm the police officer working on the damn case. I look crazy."

Breeze dating a suspected criminal wasn't illegal even though his brother was a police officer. Keshawn just wished that it was because it was weird.

"Plus it's harder for me to work on her case when she's dating Dion."

Grayson smiled, thinking he was starting to feel a soft spot for Breeze since he claimed he was in love with the girl. "Aww, does that mean you don't wanna hurt Dee knowing you might have to incarcerate Cilia?"

Keshawn didn't even look at Grayson as he inched his car up some behind the traffic that started moving up a little. "Fuck Cilia! I'll make that girl suck my dick and send her home to kiss Dion on his mouth. I could give a fuck about him right now. This is not about him."

Oh my gosh...Grayson said to himself, taking his glasses off to run a hand down his face. His brothers were definitely crazy.

"Fuck Dion."

"Shawn don't say that."

"Nah, he ain't have my back so why would I have his? I told this dude this case can make me become a detective. If I break it I'll be the youngest detective in the state and in my department. You know what he told me? There's other cases. So nah I don't care if he gets heart broken if she goes to prison. He wants to protect her then let him do it. But imma still do my job and try to make sure she goes to prison. Your brother is too fucking soft..." Keshawn ranted.

"Yeah I know..." Grayson sighed. Even when they were children he had always been like that. Someone could tease him for the entire school year and all they had to say was sorry and they'd easily be forgiven and become his best friend. Breeze was soft and sensitive, but that had always been his personality.

"And I know that girl sees that shit, that's probably why she all over his bitch ass. Because she knows she can manipulate him. He doesn't fucking listen, but he'll see. And when he does and he realizes I was right about her, I don't wanna hear shit about how he was sorry because he costed me an opportunity to make history for myself."

Grayson understood where Keshawn was coming from honestly. He understood Breeze really liked this girl, but that didn't matter when his brother's career was on the line over it and his love was too. It shouldn't even have been a thought who Breeze chose.

Keshawn pulled up in front of the bus stop, pointing to let Grayson know they were here. He could even see the bus coming up in his side mirror. "It's aight, I'll get her though...but let me not bore you with this. Hurry up, the bus is coming." Keshawn quickly kissed Grayson's forehead and ushered him out the car. "Do good, and love you lil' man!"

"Love you too!" Grayson replied, shutting the car door. Keshawn pulled off just as the bus pulled up.

Fifteen minutes later, the cop car pulled up to a housing projects in the nineties. Keshawn saw all the drug dealers scatter away from across the street.

He shook his head and got out, cutting the engine off. Walking toward the front of the designated building he was going to, Keshawn watched a few men standing out front, boldly eyeing him down.

He stared back at each one of them, not caring that he didn't have backup. He had a mug on his face, not really having been in the mood the last couple of days. Most of the guys looked away once he approached, but one stood in front of the doorway as if he was waiting for Keshawn to say excuse me.

Keshawn had both hands in his pockets, just staring the young dude down. They were about the same height but the man was more beefy.

"Yes?" Ron asked, sizing the officer up.

Keshawn noticeably pulled in a breath then let it out loudly. He clenched his jaws as he began looking around the place, then out of nowhere he reared his head back and head butt Ron, sending him crashing to the floor.

"Ooo shit!" One dude who had been standing next to him hollered, backing up with both hands in the air, seeing his boy sleeping on the ground.

Everyone stared at the cop as he continued his way into the building. Keshawn quickly made his way up the four flights of stairs. He had good stamina and a good body so he wasn't tired by time he got to the apartment door. He knocked heavily then stepped back.

Seconds later he heard someone approaching the door sounding alarmed. "Hello?"

"Police, can you open the door for me?"

Immediately he heard the lock being unlocked before the door swung open. As soon as his eyes landed on her amber ones, Keshawn's eyes glazed over with hatred. He wanted to just strangle her. He would if he could get away with it.

"May I ask for you're badge name sir?" Iris asked, her eyes darting all over his face. "I can't see."

Oh, Keshawn thought, it's the blind one. He extended his hand, "Officer Gray. I was here last time. When your sister was missing?"

"Oh, yes, right." Iris said opening the door a little wider. She still didn't exactly know which one it was. There were two officers there that day, but she knew he was one of them in the apartment. "Please come in, make yourself at home."

Keshawn continued to stand near the door, though. He wasn't planning on staying long. He looked around, the place was small but it was kept really clean. He watched Iris's ass as she moved around the kitchen. She had a nice little behind on her, but he's seen bigger.

"Is your sister home?" He asked.

"Uh, no actually," Iris said as she opened the cupboard above the sink to take out a tea cup. "She left this afternoon on a little trip with my husband. Their participating in a game show."

"Oh, is that so..." Keshawn mumbled, pulling a pen out and his square notepad as he began writing notes down. "So your husband's not here either?"

"Nope, just me."

Keshawn smirked. How ironic, the same two people he seemed to think we're partnered up suddenly disappeared together. "You know what game show? What is it about? Where is it?"

Iris turned around looking toward the door when she caught his voice over there instead of by the living room where she thought he was. She shrugged. "Oh, I don't know. I didn't really think to ask. But I do know it's somewhere in Little Silver, New Jersey."

Keshawn nodded and wrote that down; he sighed, placing his pen back in his breast pocket. "You mind if I have a look around?" Usually a warrant would need to be permitted, but not unless he got permission from one of the tenants of the household.

Iris furrowed her eyebrows, now becoming concerned. "S-sure...is something the matter?"

"No, no, just making sure everything is fine." Keshawn said.

"Everything like what?" Iris replied, turning off the kettle once it started to whistle. "Is my husband and sister in some sort of trouble? Police usually don't want to look around unless something happened."

Keshawn glared at the girl, knowing she couldn't see it. "Mrs. Coleman is it? Nothing is wrong. I said I just want to take a look around, there's some suspicious activity across the street so I want to see if I could catch it from here, okay?" He said condescendingly.

Keshawn knew he could have gave her some bullshit excuse to why he wanted to inspect and that would be all he needed, but honestly he didn't feel like it. She looked just like her damn sister so fuck her. He didn't like none of the people associated with Cilia so she was on his shit list as well by default.

Iris gulped, "Okay, no problem." She was alone and she was blind so she was not about to upset anyone. She heard Keshawn walk off toward the back and now she was a little uncomfortable knowing she was alone with him. He was a cop but cops were still people in uniform. Didn't mean he couldn't decide to do something bad.

Iris continued to stand in the kitchen, listening desperately for any noises. She heard a few, sounding like some things were being moved around here and there. But other than that he wasn't really making a commotion.

After ten minutes Keshawn emerged from the back. He hadn't found anything. No weapons, no evidence, nothing. They must have taken it with them, he told himself, referring to the guns.

"Okay, I'll be going now." He announced, walking toward the door. "thank you for your time."

Little Silver, New Jersey. He thought. He wasn't even gonna track them down. He would put out alerts and descriptions for them and make sure every camera in Little Silver was turned on. Whether it be on private property or business property. That part of town was very rich and snobby, so he knew if he got the right information, they would turn up somewhere. They stood out like sore thumbs.

Keshawn was gonna step back and allow them to fuck up. His little Bonnie & Clyde killers were about to strike again, and it would undoubtedly close his case, once and for all.

*******

Both fully dressed, Cilia stood behind Allele, brushing his hair in silence. The tension was so thick not even the sharpest butcher knife could cut through it. But at the end of the day, they still had work to do. This was mostly about Iris, so they had to put their differences aside for now and put their game faces on.

It took no time for the hours to go by before the event was already starting. After chilling out in the living room while Allele slept in the bedroom, there was an interruption about eight o' clock at night by an employee sent to remind the guests that the event was starting in the next hour and that everyone should be on time. Cilia thought it was a fashionably late thing, but it was stressed that everyone arrived on time.

"Done." Cilia mumbled, putting the brush down and running her fingers through Allele's long hair that fell down to the middle of his back. It shun a little bit from the Olive oil hair spray she put in it, but she made sure not to put too much so it wasn't overdone.

Allele stood up in his navy blue Ralph Lauren two button up pant suit. He turned around to face Cilia, his bleach white teeth shining more than the two diamond earrings in his ears. "Should I put my hair up or leave it down?" He asked.

"Leave it down, looks better that way." Cilia mumbled.

Allele nodded his head, his smile faltering a little bit when she didn't return his. He could tell she was still in her feelings about earlier. After he slept he was over it, but it was just like Cilia to hold onto shit. Which in this case was very dumb shit if you asked him. Clearing his throat, Allele took in Cilia's outfit. "You look very...adult like." He said.

He did like her outfit, but it was a little too revealing, even if the gathering was sexy and adult themed. Her dress was a long grape purple novelty maxi dress. But honestly all Allele saw was a long sleeve dress with a deep V neck that showcased her breasts. She seemed to have a lot of dresses like that. A band was around the waist on the dress and the back of the dress came down fine, looking like an actual dress from behind; but from the front it was only like a long piece of cloth between her legs. Displaying her bare legs and making it appear as if she was completely naked. It was too damn sexy to Allele. She had her hair up in a bun, and a huge crystal link choker around her neck with diamond stud earrings in her ear.

Allele looked her over once again, the sparkly silver shoes only adding to her sex appeal. "You have on something under that right?" He asked. It looked like from the way the dress was designed it looked like she was literally naked.

"Yes, a thong." Cilia said, walking toward the door.

Surprised by her confession, Allele cleared his throat, shaking his head to clear the image of that when it popped into his mind as he followed behind her. It took no time for Allele and Cilia to find their way to where the event was being held. Others in the hotel who were obviously dressed just as sexy and making small talk about it led the way as the two just followed.

Cilia and Allele couldn't help but be impressed when they walked into the room. Everything was gold. There were hundreds of people everywhere. Chatter, food, drinks, men and women. Almost all the men were in suits and just like Cilia, sexy outfits on the women. Some even made her outfit look like child's play. Gold balloons and decorations circulated the ballroom. Finger food and hors d'oeuvres were laid out. It was amazing.

"Welcome to Gold Ice Casino's fifth annual Swingers Saturday ball!"

Clapping erupted from everyone in the room sounding like synchronized gunshots. Some people hollered out and shouted with cheers as the announcer continued to say how glad he was they could host their five year anniversary swinger's ball.

"What the fuck..." Allele mumbled, he had no clue this is what this was.

"What?" Cilia asked, "what the heck is swingers?"

"Swinger's are couples—usually married couples but not always, who like to switch partners to have sex with."

Cilia screwed her face up. "What?"

"Yeah," Allele said, then he nudged her, pointing her in the direction of an Indian couple five feet ahead. "See them, like let's assume their married and they come up to us and think we're married. Swinging would be if homeboy wants to fuck you and I fuck his wife. We switch partners."

The disgust was clearly on Cilia's face as she heard what was said. Allele as well swiped his face in irritation. He had no clue this is what this was. He had read the flyer a couple times and he did see it was something about a couples Saturday, which is why he stole the ring, but he saw nothing about swinger's. Either he was blind or it was never on the flyer.

"So we came here for no reason." Cilia said more to herself.

"Basically..."

"Swingers, you know what the rules are! You approach a couple your into and tell them a price. You see if their down and if both parties come to an agreement, you get to swinging! Remember please don't fight or cause any altercations. Employees are dressed in green and blue so please don't hesitate to ask for anything. Enjoy yourselves."

Allele looked at the announcer when he really realized what the purpose of the event was. It just made him realize there were no slot machines around, no poker games going or anything. It must have been removed tonight because this is how the money was being made. Money was being offered to have sex with other people. The shit was twisted and he wondered if they stumbled into some secret organization because he highly doubted this shit was legal.

Aaliyah's "At Your Best" came on, giving the place a heavenly feel as people started to rush to the floor to slow dance.

"Let's just go back upstairs. I'm ready to go home." Cilia uttered under her breath.

Allele chuckled, scratching the back of his head. "Man I agree...but I mean we got dressed and everything and came down here for no reason. Wanna just sit and look around at least for a few minutes?"

"No." Cilia spat, her bottom lip damn near hanging on the ground.

"Then let's dance." Allele said putting his hand out with a big smile on his face. He never slow danced before and he didn't want too, but there was nothing better to do.

Cilia peeked up from the floor. "You don't even know how to dance Allele."

"So."

She sucked her teeth and slapped her hand in his, allowing him to pull her through the crowd. They found an empty space and quickly fell in sync. Cilia placed her left hand on his shoulder and Allele put one arm around her waist as they gracefully swayed to the lyrics.

Allele tried to smile at her but he saw she was still staring at the ground. He sighed, "Cilia look at me."

She did but when she looked up at him with that frown on her face, it pissed him off and made him want to snap at her, but he couldn't. Because more than his anger, he was truly frustrated that she was hurt over some random nigga. All that energy and emotion should be over her day ones.

"You still hung up about this nigga, Cil? Why you care about him so much?" He asked, he knew there was no other reason she could be mad right now.

Cilia looked up to him as they continued to gently sway back and forth. "What are you talking about Allele?"

"You know what I'm talking about. You still frowning over this Anus guy or whatever his name is."

"His name is Dion and it's because I really like him. And you know what, you would too if you give him a chance. Why are you always so hostile toward him? You never even met him and yet everything out your mouth is fuck him and I don't care about him and all of that. Do you know he actually wants to meet you? He's so excited to see you and Iris and you treat him like garbage!"

"Because who the fuck is this nigga? Why does he deserve to have you?" Allele snapped harder than he meant to.

"Because I said he does!" Cilia replied back in the same tone. She loved how overprotective Allele was of her and how he thought nobody was good enough for her, but it was overbearing and she could handle herself.

"Yeah aight, Cilia." He sighed, then he suddenly smiled, looking down at her. "You know, you look really pretty."

Cilia cut her eyes at him. "Whatever. I know you just want me to be safe but you need to calm down, Allele. You really starting to sound like a crazy ass ex-boy—"

Cilia was caught off guard when he suddenly pulled her further into his body. He wrapped both hands around her and rested his chin on top her head. Cilia could feel his heart beating. The sudden feeling of being in his arms was indescribable. Her insides felt like someone was lighting a candle in her. She didn't know if it was the music, the atmosphere or what. She just felt so loved and safe. It was a warmth so pure nothing could compare to it. She wondered if this is how it felt to feel protected by somebody.

"I'm sorry, let's stop arguing. I'm not gonna bring him up for the rest of the night. I just wanna chill with you." Allele said in a low tone, knowing she could hear him over the music still.

Cilia didn't say anything, she was just wide eyed with the side of her face pressed against his chest, listening to the sound of his heart beat so rhythmically and beautifully, as Aaliyah's angel like voice soothed the room.

But at your best, you are loved,

your a positive motivating force within

my life. Should you ever feel the need to

wonder why, let me know...let me know...

She stared out at the other couples on the dance floor, everyone else smiling, intimately whispering things in their partners ears. Cilia smiled, closing her eyes as her mind became blank. Even though she was on her feet, she felt so relaxed. Like she was in another zone or something.

Heavy thoughts overcrowded twenty year old Allele's mind. On the outside he looked so passive and calm but he was anything but. His heart was heavy as he held Cilia in his arms. Her hair smelled of pomegranate shampoo, and he could smell that same intoxicating fragrance she showered with the night they did the bank robbery. The night he smelled it, it became his favorite scent.

"You smell so good...what is that?" He whispered, closing his eyes. It smelled like pears and some type of fresh flower petals.

"Japanese Cherry Blossom..." She uttered back. Cilia honestly felt like she was drifting off to another world.

Even when the song ended and Robin Thicke "Lost Without You U" came on they never lost their rhythm. It was a slow paced song and had a nice tempo but it really wasn't even a song meant for slow dancing. But they still were doing it. Hell, everyone was. Some people even raised their champagne glasses in the air to praise how much they loved the song.

As soon as the words came on, Cilia lazily looked up at Allele, playfully singing along. "I'm lost without you...can't help myself. How does it feel, to know that I love you baby. Lost without you, can't help myself. How does it feel, to know that I love you baby..."

Allele smiled as she giggled then buried her face in his chest. "I love this song." Her muffled voice said into his chest.

"Yeah, me too."

After about a minute later, Cilia randomly picked her head up off his chest. "Hey this is like our first brother and sister dance, right?"

Allele didn't say anything, he just stared with a lingering smirk protecting so many words behind his mouth he wanted to release.

"What?" Cilia smiled, biting her bottom lip. She was getting ready for him to say something slick.

Allele clenched his jaws, running his index finger along her jaw. "Remember when we were small I told you who I was in love with? We were like ten."

Cilia bit her bottom lip and narrowed her eyes doing a fast spin of her memory. It came to her quickly as did most of her childhood. They were homeless children on the streets for years. Even though bad, she could never forget any of those times because it defined so much of who they were.

"You guys I'm scared! What if a snake bites me or something?" Iris complained, too scared to go into the creepy looking alley to urinate.

Allele sighed with his hands in his pockets. It was three o' clock in the morning, pitch black and not a soul was out. They were trying to find a place to sleep and so far they had no succession. Most of the parks had been closed for the night and they went into three subway stations only to get tossed out of all three.

"Iris what snakes? This is Brooklyn baby girl, not Australia or some shit." Allele informed. He was tired and wanted to go to sleep. And he was willing to fall asleep right on the sidewalk to be honest.

"Iris just hurry, we're right here." Cilia said, yawning right after.

"Fine." Iris squeaked, clutching the tissue in her hand as she silently walked through the dark alley.

Allele watched her until she disappeared then turned toward Cilia, staring out at the empty street. "Man I can't wait till' tomorrow."

"Go 'head and ask me if I care...just go 'head, go 'head and let's see what I say. I dare you." Cilia said.

Allele sucked his teeth. "Man forreal."

Cilia folded her arms, damn near falling over even though she was leaning against the brick wall building. Her eyes burned and all she wanted was to sleep too. "What's happening tomorrow?"

"That girl that passes us on her way from school. The one that always waves to me?" Allele reminded.

Cilia sucked her teeth. They frequented this area a lot and there was always some high school girl around the age of fifteen or sixteen that smiled at them when she passed on her way home from school. But not only did she just smile at Allele, she also waved at him so he felt special. Cilia knew she probably just realized he was a little boy that liked her so she was just being extra nice.

"That girl is a teenager, what would she want with you? Your ten, Allele."

He sucked his teeth, skinning his face up. "What? Nah, she's cute an' all but I don't like her that much. I already got a girl I love."

"Love huh?" Cilia mumbled, looking at him. "Wow, look at you. Natural born lover boy over here, you're so deep."

"What about you? I see the way you look at them little boys sometimes that be coming from school. Don't you have somebody you like?"

Cilia turned her nose up. "Maybe...but I'm not telling you!"

Allele waved her off, "Fine, I'll tell you...my future girl, she's really skinny and tall, but that's okay because I like that. She's brown skin and has even lighter brown hair, it's like a caramel color...I think that's so cool, to have real brown hair I mean...and her eyes, she has the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen. There like three different colors. Green, brown and this like honey yellow...I love her so much. She's everything to me."

Cilia looked up at him for a split second before closing her eyes again and resting it against his chest. "Oh, yeah, you were talking about Iris."

Cilia felt Allele's body get stiff, but it was only when he stopped moving, ruining the dance mood did he catch her attention. His index finger slid under her chin and gently lifted her face back up until they were staring each other in the eyes. He had a blank look on his face. So expressionless it almost came off like he was serious.

When he leaned down in her space Cilia instinctively gasped, clutching the shoulder blades of his suit, the fabric getting jumbled up between her fingertips as his peppermint breath in her ear sent specs of fire flowing through her body.

"Who said that I was talking about Iris, baby girl..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

565K 25K 117
The Many Dates of Indigo is now published as a Paperback, and E-book with W by Wattpad Books! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Wattpad Or...