The Game is on - BBC Sherlock...

De Krakens_Oculus

A fun read for all those 'obsessed' with BBC Sherlock Holmes. Have fun on your thrilling adventures with the... Mai multe

The Game is on - BBC Sherlock Holmes x Reader - Prologue
Chapter 1 - Observations
Chapter 3 - Confrontations
Chapter 4 - Shenanigans
Chapter 5 - Assumptions
Chapter 6 - Decisions
NOT AN UPDATE :c
Chapter 7 - Invitations

Chapter 2 - Harmonies

12.6K 219 137
De Krakens_Oculus

DISCLAIMER: I have not created and do not own the following characters mentioned within this writing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So this 'mind palace' what exactly is it?"

John spurted a small fit of muffled laughter due to his mouth being stuffed with chips, you waited as he finished his mouthful quicker than expected "To be honest? I don't really know much about his mind palace. I heard that it's a structural pigmentation within the mind which can hold an array of data, sounds weird but for Sherlock it works fantastically, he really has a gift. Even though it is usually showered by his immense ego and sarcasm.." You hallowed a giggle with your palm as a set of cold daggers poked from across the table.

"I am not shadowed by my ego. John." A deep frown merged onto his pale features causing the whole vibe of the room to stir

"Well, you seem to send off that message. Sherlock"

Sinking ever further into the plush seating your eyes darted between the two as they began to rant about each other's attributes, the tension almost choked you as they became more intense with each syllable.

"You can talk every bloody day is like thi- well that's not correct now is it!- you always d- oh just shut up- YOU SHUT UP- it's not that I mean to do tha- THAT'S IT- what, what is wrong now?!- IM LEAVING- FINE!"

As the argument settled you had realised that during the quarrel you had shut your eyes. Gradually reopening to reality you saw the pair staring across to one another, a startled cold gaze settled on their faces. There was a moment where everything seemed still, a pin drop would've been clearly heard.

"R-right, I'll be off then. (y/n). s-sherlock.." The emotion on John's face when he mentioned Sherlock's name drove pangs of aches through your interns, causing a hazy fog to blur your vision. He picked up his coat and left leaving no traces of existence except the few chips he hadn't eaten. 'What just happened?'

The silence continued since Johns sudden absence. It didn't feel natural to sit with Sherlock but no John to accompany, his warm smiles and silly clothes drowned out the hostile looks from those multicoloured optics.

"I apologize that you had to witness that..."

His whole composure had changed, his usual upright sitting position morphed over into a hunched one, while his facial features were lost in a trance of confusion.

"Sherlock?" Brushing a timid palm onto his balled fists he flinched. Your body froze as he moved his confused look onto your hand "Are you...are you okay"

His tangled curls formed a curtain of darkness over his temple, while a baritone response echoed from his hollow breath "Peachy"

"Sherlock." A stern look emitted from your once concerned features causing him to sigh heavily "I'm fine" Pushing his thin self upright, his pale hands pulled around his signature coat and scarf before pausing "Could you join me please, I-" before the detective could finish the sentence you had joined beside him, you didn't know why this was and weren't prepared to question it, all you knew was that this man needed some company, and you were probably the only person willing to give it.

Following long strides out of the welcoming building a gust of brittle air sunk around your form earning a sharp gasp, the months had really been showing their transformation of weather into the season of winter recently. The streets seemed to have emptied, just like that, leaving the two of you to wander down the ever chilling pavement. While walking you caught yourself watching Sherlock, he was such a mysterious person with his collar always pulled and face kept in a neutral state or emotionless at times, he was the sort of person who kept to himself unless you befriended him. If that was even possible. Maybe there was a small hint of hope to befriending this man, odd yes but his intelligence did astound you thoroughly especially his 'observations' from earlier. You had been gnawing at the puzzle of him finding this information out for a while now, how was it even possible to know about those things unless you were some sort of spy? Heh it wouldn't be surprising considering Sherlock's elusiveness.

A short laugh cut through you before looking up at Sherlock "What's so funny?"

"You seem to be deep in thought there (y/n)"

Raising a brow you walked ahead before stopping directly in Sherlock's path causing him to stop dead "What's so funny about me being deep in thought?"

He responded "Its funny seeing simple people trying to think, it looks as if their brains are about to implode" his tone deemed no specific tone to insult.

Quite bewildered by this arrogant statement you turned before continuing your walk and hailing a cab a glowing fury ignited within, the statement wasn't even that insulting but why such a deep reaction towards it? As you sat silently in the cab, Sherlock appeared his face holding that confused gaze once more, you remained frozen staring ahead only to speak when telling the cabby your wished destination.

"Baker Street, please" The cab took off with a stutter before zooming rather swiftly down the emptied roads, a heavy patter of water began to fall onto the windows forcing the driver to turn on his windscreen wipers. You listened intently to the small squeaks released from the cold rubber scrawling away droplets of rain while the radio blared white noise in the background, the rain only fell harder as the cab came round to Baker Street. Your eyes drew towards the meter as you came to a halt, only until now you had completely forgotten Sherlock was sitting opposite you back to back with the driver as he paid the fee and opened the door; you hastily followed thanking the driver as you went. The rain clung onto your thin fabricated tunic causing the flimsy attire to stick to your form irritably, ignoring this unfortunate happening you strode forward in a half jog to escape the downpour muttering

"Why is it always bloody raining.." The loud thought sounded more of a statement than question which received the response of Sherlock hinting a smile at the corner of his cupid's bow lips. A wave of Déjà vu struck as the memory of this morning reappeared, except this time you doubted that a friendly John would be standing behind the slick door with a crooked knocker, the attribute of its imperfection brought a private warmth of homely welcoming to your senses. You stood there just staring at the slightly angled gold handle in awe, such a simple thing brought so many old familiarity's back to life.

The clicking of the door startled your once again day dreaming self as Sherlock entered holding it to so you could follow, hopping awkwardly through the door a rush of warmth engulfed your features bringing a satisfied hum from your larynx. You quietly shut the door as Sherlock had already begun to ascend the creaking steps towards apartment 221B, it was without a doubt that John probably was not returning tonight, the argument seemed pretty serious even though it lasted a few seconds, but perhaps it had been going on a few days before your arrival, who knows. Heading to your green door a hint of pity stopped you from opening it, looking up towards Sherlock he paused by his door way as if he felt your gaze land on him; the silence returned.

Gradually turning, the consultant detective peered down the aging steps, his looming height seemed to overtake the small structured doorway.

"Would you like to come up for a cup of tea?"

A fluttering sensation flipped your stomach onto its side before feeling an itching heat paint your cheeks, you nodded not trusting your voice. His smile shot right through you causing that jittery feel to flip your stomach once more. You began to follow the path which Sherlock took into his apartment almost tripping the last step in the process, a sudden grip halted your awkward footing; glancing up to meet the saviours gaze a deeper red pulsed your pallid cheeks.

"T-thank you.."

Sherlock did not respond but you swore that a hint of pink tinted his perfected cheeks, those high cheek bones structured without fault, his technicolor irises flecked with golds and silvers and his lips. His lips. 'stop stop stop it, no fantasizing. STOP!'

The two of you entered without another word, just a peaceful quiet. Sherlock quickly disappeared into the kitchen to make the tea while you had time to ponder about. The apartment had a nice vibe to it, you glanced to and fro taking in all of its unique attributes noting the smiley face spray painted on the dark wall. 'Heh never saw that be- are those bullet holes?!' inspecting closely with prying fingers the signs of a firearm creating the penny sized holes seemed to match all the evidence. 'lets hope he doesn't do this with guests around...'

You turned your attention to the half opened window at the far side of the room, a small breeze nipped at a pile of papers resting upon a single stand. The papers seemed to have writing on them? pacing closer your eyes focused on the script printed finely on the cream paper, not writing but music. The hand written notes linked in beautifully laid black ink, fingering the delicate sheets with a curiosity far beyond resistance you began to read through the dancing notes, attempting to imagine what tune it would sound if played by an instrument.

"Would you like to hear a piece?" The sudden outburst caused you to jump almost knocking over the music stand, turning you saw Sherlock standing inches away, hands clasped behind his back. With a smug smile you nodded timidly before taking the warmed mug and collapsing onto a chair, it's thick material hugged away any feeling of cold while you settled.

Sherlock revealed a small case beside the fireplace and opened it- it's contents consisted of an aged violin with it's bow. Prying the two objects from their stationary spots he delicately rested the wood upon his shoulder pressing his cheek against the jet padding, his spare hand fiddled momentarily with the sheets of music until he found his wished piece. Within moments you became surrounded by the whimsical sounds of his playing, you watched intently as his fingers danced elegantly between strings pulling melodies and harmonious notes together as one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ello ello ello, apologies this chapter took longer to come out, again I do hope you enjoy reading it. I love to read comments and favourites always brighten my day. Hopefully the next chapter does not take as long to write but if so I shall at least attempt to make it that little bit longer. Thank you to all those lovely readers out there 

Laterz x

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

37.5K 1.6K 31
[Complete] Working as a consulting detective means that Sherlock, even though he doesn't want to, has to interact with lots of new people on every ca...
109K 3.6K 23
SHERLOCK HOLMES X READER STORY! You and Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes and the future Mrs. Holmes (you). What else do I need to say to lure you in...
1.7K 26 21
{SUMMARY: EDITED} Follow the exciting life of the consulting detective, Sherlock Holmes as him and his flatmate, John Watson, try to catch James Mori...
90.7K 1.8K 12
BBC Sherlock Preferences: ~Sherlock Holmes ~Greg Lestrade ~Mycroft Holmes ~Jim Moriarty ~John Watson