It Only Takes Once

By Its_Imani

Shakayln Smith, a 26 year old lawyer, goes out one night in three years and finds herself pregnant by kingpin... More

It Only Takes Once (Chapter 1)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 2)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 3)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 4)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 5)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 6)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 7)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 8)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 9)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 10)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 11)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 12)
Attention!!
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 13)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 14)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 15)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 16)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 17)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 18)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 19)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 20)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 21)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 22)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 23)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 24)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 25)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 26)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 27)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 28)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 29)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 30)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 32)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 33)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 34)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 35)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 36)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 37)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 38)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 39)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 40)
It Only Takes Once (Epilogue Part I)
It Only Takes Once (Epilogue Part II)
It Only Takes Once (Epilouge Part III)

It Only Takes Once (Chapter 31)

200K 4.1K 1.4K
By Its_Imani

"Good morning my love." I sang to Khadarious as he walked into the kitchen where I was cooking breakfast for us.

"Morning." He mumbled against my forehead before reaching down to rub my stomach.

"Breakfast is almost ready." I told him after he sat down at the table.

"You didn't have to cook babe, that's what the maids are for." He said leaning back into is seat.

"I know, I wanted to." I shrugged. I plated the food and poured him some coffee before pouring myself a glass of apple juice.

"Thanks." He said accepting the plate of food I handed him.

As soon as I sat down, blessed my food, and picked up my fork I was gone to work. I had finished all of my food and was still hungry.

"Can I have a piece of bacon?" I asked Khadarious.

"Nope." He smirked.

"Why not?" I asked after smacking my lips at him.

"Because I said so." He challenged.

"But the babies are hungry." I whined before rubbing my stomach.

"Mane, stop lying on my kids." He said smacking his lips and making me laugh.

He eventually broke down and let me have another piece of bacon. It took a lot of whining and begging but he finally gave in.

"What's on the agenda for today?" I asked while we stood side by side washing the dishes together.

"You're going to the spa while I get some work done and then I have something special planned for us later on tonight." He smirked.

"You're not coming with me?" I asked looking up at him.

"Nah, I have to get this work done." He said kissing the top of my head.

"Okay." I sighed. "Do you think we spend too much time together?"

"Why you ask that?" He asked raising his eyebrow at me.

"I just don't want to be clingy." I shrugged. "I don't know, it's like I can't get enough of you. I have to be around you, all the time and when I'm not I miss you all the time. Is that healthy?" I rambled on and on until Khadarious shut me up with his lips.

"I think it's cute." He mumbled against my lips before picking me up and placing me on the kitchen counter. His hands trailed all over my body, as did mine.

One thing led to another and you know how we do, so you know the rest of the story.

"Khadarious shut up, you are not all that." I said rolling my eyes.

"I had you speaking all them other languages though." He smirked.

"Shut up." I mumbled before rolling my eyes at him. "It was only one." I said making him laugh.

Since we'd had sex in the kitchen this morning he'd been gloating about how he made me 'tap out'.

"Alright I quit." He said throwing his hands up in surrender. "You better go shower, it's almost time for you to go."

"Help me up?' I asked holding my arms up.

"Needy ass." He mumbled before extending his hands to help me up.

"Thanks babe." I grinned before wrapping my arms around his waist and kissing his chest. My hands moved down lower until they were cupping his ass cheeks.

"Shakayln, how many times have I told yo ass. You can only touch my ass during sex." He stressed.

"But I like touching it, it's so big and firm." I laughed before groping him again.

"Get slapped." He threatened.

"It's not fair, how come you can touch my butt but I can't touch yours?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Because I'm a guy." He said in a duh tone of voice.

"You make no sense." I laughed before shaking my head.

"You love me though." He smirked before pulling me back into him as his hands made his way down to my backside.

"Unfortunately I do." I said rolling my eyes as I removed his hands.

"I'll remember that." He said mugging me. "Go shower." He said while pushing me into the direction of the bathroom.

"Yes Daddy." I winking at him before biting my bottom lip.

"Don't start something you can't finish lil mama." He smirked.

"Who says I can't finish?" I asked returning his smirk.

"Well I just assumed, you did tap out the last round." He laughed.

"Shut up, I did not." I argued.

"Daddy please, I can't, stop I can't. Khadarious stop, Ahhhhhh. Daddy slow down." He mimicked me making me blush.

"Fuck you." I mumbled

"You already did." He grinned before laughing.

"Goodbye." I said rolling my eyes before heading to the bathroom.

I sang my little heart out while I was in the shower and I continued while dressing and getting ready to go out. I was fully dressed in a Maxi dress, a denim jacket, and a pair of Givenchy sandals. I went into the den, where Khadarious was on his laptop with his glasses on looking sexy as hell.

"I'm about to head out babe." I told him before picking up my oversized bag that matched my shoes.

"Okay, have fun." He said kissing me. "Don't let none of them island niggas get beside themselves."

"I won't." I laughed before kissing him again.

"Bye babies, Daddy loves you." He said rubbing my stomach.

"We love you too Daddy. You better get all that work done while I'm gone because when I get back, you're all mine." I said as he kissed my nose.

"Yes ma'am." He laughed.

My day at the spa was so relaxing and peaceful. I had an island facial and body scrub, along with a full body massage and full body waxing. By the time I was headed back to the beach house I felt like I was weightless. I was so relaxed and calm, I felt like taking on the world.

When I entered the beach house, it was empty. I looked all around for Khadarious and he was no where to be found. After wondering aimlessly around the house like a little lost puppy, I ended up in the kitchen. Taped to the refrigerator door was a note.

There's a surprise for you in the bathroom. Love Daddy.

I smiled at the thought of calling him Daddy, I used to hate that but now I do it out of habit. Thinking the surprise was another bubble bath with my favorite foods and Beyoncé love songs, I went ahead and got undressed.

As I walked into the bathroom, I was given the surprise of my life. There was not a bubble bath with food or music, but standing there was my sisters and friends.

"Bitch, why are you naked?" Mika asked scrunching up her face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked them in confusion.

"Khadarious flew us out, he has a surprise for you tonight." Shalandra informed me.

"Could you like, cover those things up, they're freaking huge." Victoria complained while eyeing my boobs.

"Shut up, stop looking." I mumbled before cupping my breast in my hands to hide them.

"No wonder they're always fucking, look at her titties and her ass." Shakayla pointed out. "You're pregnant, you're supposed to be all saggy and have stretch marks all over the place." She complained.

"Thank God I don't." I sighed before putting on my robe and tying the sash around my waist to secure it.

"Okay, enough talking. We have to get you ready for tonight." Jayde said clapping her hands.

"What's tonight?" I asked looking at all of them.

"It's a surprise." Victoria sang.

"Ugh. You know I hate surprises." I complained.

"The lies, you love surprises. You just want to be nosey, but you can't." Shakayla said smacking her lips.

"Whatever." I laughed before rolling my eyes. It had to be a true statement because Khadarious said the exact same thing.

"Okay, you need to go get dressed. We're going out to lunch and then we have to come back and get you all glamorous for tonight." Jayde said grabbing my hand and leading me to the bedroom.

"Have a seat and I'll pick you out something to wear." Kamile said going to the closet that Khadarious and I had been sharing.

She handed me a simple outfit, a white Versace shirt I had stolen from Khadarious, a pair of denim shorts, and my Giuseppe Zanotti sandals. They all left the room while I dressed so I had some time to myself. I dressed and quickly applied my makeup so I wouldn't keep them waiting long, I decided to let my twists hang loose today. They came all the way down to the very top of my butt. I grabbed my white oversized Hermés bag and met the girls in the living room.

"So where's Khadarious?" I asked once we were all in the rental car and on our way to the restaurant.

"Don't worry about it, he's good." Tori said making me roll my eyes. I haven't seen him in almost four hours, shit I needed my man.

We rode through the island and I looked through the window the whole time, I was amazed at how beautiful everything was. The temperature was just right, despite the humidity. Thank the Lord my hair was twisted up.

Once we got to the restaurant, we were all seated and our waiter came to the table to introduce himself and show us the menu and explain what everything was.

I ordered a beef patty, callaloo fritters, black beans and rice, fried plantains, and a glass of coconut water. I really wanted to try their jerk chicken, but I knew that some of the spices and my heartburn would not agree.

Our waiter was a young Jamaican native. He was a handsome boy with a beautiful voice, I fell in love with his Jamaican accent the moment he opened his mouth, but then he started flirting with me and killed my vibe.

Like boy, I know you see this big ass pregnant belly and this damn wedding ring on my finger.

I'm clearly taken.

After explained to the poor young boy, that I was happily married and expecting not only one, but two babies he finally caught the hint and left me alone about making me his 'Jamaican Princess'.

After lunch, we headed back to the beach house and Khadarious was still no where to be found and the girls wouldn't tell me where he was. I tried to sneak and call him but Mika caught me so her and Kamile confiscated my phone.

"Shakayln, go to sleep so you can try and get a nap in, you have a very long night ahead of you." Shalandra instructed me.

"But- but I miss Khadarious, I haven't seen or heard from him in hours." I whined near tears.

"Are you seriously about to cry right now?" Victoria asked.

"Yes, I miss him." I cried on Jayde's shoulder as she patted my head.

"Maybe we should let her call him." Kamile suggested.

"Hell no, she needs to be able to be away from him, for more than five hours in a day without having a dramatic breakdown. That's unhealthy." Shalandra said.

"But I'm overly pregnant and he's my baby daddy. I'm supposed to miss him and plus you know I have separation anxiety." I cried.

"Fine." She huffed. "Big baby."

"Can I facetime him?" I asked after snatching the phone out of Kayla's hands and typing in the code, which was Khadarious's birthday.

"You're pushing it." Mika warned.

"Just two minutes, I swear." I said already dialing him on facetime.

"Babe, where are you?" I asked pouting, when his handsome ass face finally appeared on the screen.

"That's classified information, did you like your surprise?" He asked making me smile.

"I did, thank you." I said grinning from ear to ear.

"Well then just wait until tonight." He said making me smile wider.

"Can't wait." I said biting my bottom lip.

"I gotta go babe, I'll see you later on tonight." He said making me pout. I didn't even get my full two minutes with him.

"Okay, love you Daddy." I said before blowing him a kiss.

"Love you too baby." He told me before disconnecting the call.

After talking to my baby daddy, I felt so much better and I was able to take my nap. As a matter of fact, as soon as my head connected with my pillow I was out.

You wake up, flawless
Post up, flawless
Ride round in it, flawless
Flossin on that, flawless
This diamond, flawless
My diamond, flawless
This rock, flawless
My rock, flawless

I woke up like this
I woke up like this
We flawless, ladies tell 'em
I woke up like this
I woke up like this
We flawless, ladies tell 'em
Say I, look so good tonight
God damn, God damn
Say I, look so good tonight
God damn, God damn, God damn

Momma taught me good home training
My Daddy taught me how to love my haters
My sister taught me I should speak my mind
My man made me feel so God damn fine

You wake up, flawless
Post up, flawless
Ride round in it, flawless
Flossin on that, flawless
This diamond, flawless
My diamond, flawless
This rock, flawless
My rock, flawless
I woke up like this
I woke up like this
We flawless, ladies tell 'em
I woke up like this
I woke up like this
We flawless, ladies tell 'em
Say I, look so good tonight
God damn, God damn
Say I, look so good tonight
God damn, God damn, God damn I'm Flawless

"That's a damn shame!" Shalandra said shaking her head at me, as I automatically started dancing to the beat of the song, out of habit.

"What?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"We've been trying to wake you up for the past twenty minutes and as soon as we put on that damn song on, your ass wants to wake up all jolly and shit." Shakayla explained.

"Well Beyoncé is the queen." Mika said shrugging her shoulders.

"Hell yeah she is." Kamile agreed.

"I told y'all it would work." Tori sang making me laugh.

"Okay, so what do yall want?" I asked before looking at all of them.

"It's time for you to get dressed for tonight." Jayde said pulling me out of the bed.

"Now go shower and brush your teeth." Victoria said smacking my butt before pushing me into the direction of the bathroom.

While in the shower I took my time cleaning my body, I still felt relaxed from my full body massage earlier today. I made sure to use the body wash that Khadarious liked, cause he would definitely be getting some tonight. I guess I was taking a little longer than expected because Kamile came pounding on the door.

"I'm coming, just let me brush my teeth and wash my face." I called as I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist.

When I was finished in the bathroom I put on my silk robe and came out. As soon as I was out of the bathroom, they sat me in a chair and almost immediately went to working on my face.

Applying everything they could find: moisturizer, foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, eye shadow, lipstick, mascara, and eyeliner.

I sat in that chair for almost an hour, while they tried to figure out which look they should go with.

Blush or no blush.

Nude lip or red lip.

Smokey eye or bright eye.

Lashes or no lashes.

The only thing that kept me sane during this process was sucking on my ice chips and watching Beyoncé and Idris Elba in 'Obsessed'.

Once they all finally decided on doing a red lip, smokey eye, blush, and lashes. Victoria pinned my Senegalese Twists into a bun on the top of my head and added beaded crystals as accessories.

I wore the same exact diamond necklace, bracelet, and earring set Khadarious gave me when we went on our first date. I didn't even pack it with the rest of my things. The girls must've picked it up from the house before coming.

"Okay Shak, here's your dress." Mika said coming into the room with an all white dress that was hanging off of the hanger.

"Wait let me use the bathroom before I put it on." I said leaving and rushing to the toilet.

"Little bladder ass." Victoria joked making me flip her off with the middle finger.

"One of yall help me, I don't want to mess up my hair or get makeup all over the dress." I told them before dropping my robe and revealing my black strapless bra and thong set.

"Shakayln, is your ass real?" Kamile asked poking it while Shalandra and Victoria were helping me into the dress.

"Yes it's real Kamile." I said rolling my eyes at her as I shimmied my way into the dress.

I heard all the gasps and the 'awww's and 'oooooh's once I turned to face them.

The dress was simple, yet it was so beautiful. It almost reminded me of one of the wedding dresses I looked at a few months ago. It was an all white, short princess type dress, that was strapless and had a sweetheart neckline.

"Aw Shak." Shalandra exclaimed. "You look so beautiful.

"Thanks sister." I said hugging her as close as my belly would allow. I had given everyone a hug and they disappeared off to go get dresses also, I was guessing it was a group date type thing.

There was a knock at the door, but everyone else was so busy rushing around trying to get ready, so I got my pregnant butt up and answered the door.

I came face to face with literally, the last person I expected to see here in Jamaica.

Byron.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 9.5K 41
Sincerè is your average teen, she gets decent grades and plans on becoming a professional clothing designer/singer. She has a passion for designing c...
855 22 20
Candy Love 24 years old had had her fair share of relationships. She now understands why people say love hurts. Her ex and many other people in her l...
Blanks By Jen

Fanfiction

6.6K 894 18
Based off the one shot by the same title. Andy and Mel Barber have the perfect family life with Mel having her stepson Jacob and everything in their...
2.7K 330 40
Meet Kristal Jane Anderson. The girl that feels as though she was stripped from all the joys of life on one ungodly night. A night that changed her w...