(ATLANTIS) - haylor au

By haylorjpg

synopsis; harry and taylor have known each other since they were in diapers. they've gone through all the... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven (1/2)
chapter seven (2/2)
chapter eight (1/2)
chapter eight (2/2)
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty (1/2)
chapter twenty (2/2)
chapter twentyone
chapter twentytwo (1/3)
chapter twentytwo (2/3)
chapter twentytwo (3/3)
chapter twentythree (1/2)
chapter twentythree (2/2)
chapter twentyfour
chapter twentyfive
chapter twentysix
chapter twentyseven
chapter twentyeight
chapter twentynine
chapter thirty
chapter thirtyone
chapter thirtytwo (1/2)
chapter thirtytwo (2/2)
chapter thirtythree
chapter thirtyfour (1/2)
chapter thirtyfour (2/2)
chapter thirtyfive
chapter thirtysix (1/2)
chapter thirtysix (2/2)
chapter thirtyseven
chapter thirtyeight (1/2)
chapter thirtyeight (2/2)
chapter thirtynine
chapter forty
chapter forty one

chapter seventeen

279 13 2
By haylorjpg

(harry)

I'm back to being grounded again right after the homecoming dance so I'm hitching a ride from Niall again. We're both quiet in the car which is unusual. I know what he's thinking about and I'm just trying to forget about homecoming altogether.

"Do we have practices this week or not?" Niall asks suddenly.

"Yeah, till this week." I tell him. From next week onwards, we're expected to be preparing for our midterms in November. It goes quiet again and it's killing me. I don't care about what happened. Taylor and I went as friends and she'd been drunk. Shit happens. "Yeah, you guys don't have to feel bad for me." I look out the window. "Taylor and I are cool. We're just us." I say as if that should make sense to Niall. It barely makes any sense to me.

I get out of Niall's car and wait for him. "Thanks man." I wave him at him as I head to my locker. It's both painful and awkward as I see Taylor at her locker. I shake my head and go to mine. Every minute that is wordless feels painful to me. It's the thought that everyone pities me when it's really nothing. I feel like she's going to say something because I can feel her stealing glances at me like she did at homecoming. She doesn't and just leaves. If that's how she wants things to be, I guess I should too. I don't know how I could ever talk to her. I never know what to say to her.

When I look into my locker, I realise that there's another note left for me. This one says 'Congrats for winning homecoming king! It looks like I have a lot of girls to compete with thought ): -your secret admirer' I can now conclude that my secret admirer is a girl. This relieves me and I put away the note before heading to class.

There's nothing I'd want more than to forget homecoming but I keep getting congratulated for homecoming king. That's such a strange thing to congratulate someone on though because I barely worked for it. Nobody ever congratulates the team when we come back from winning a match and we work our asses for that. My thoughts are cut off by what my eyes accidentally catch. I stop to watch.

Gigi's looking annoyed and pushing Zack away. "Shut the fuck up." I can hear her say but no one else bats an eyes as they walk past the couple. Everyone's too busy and the hall itself is crowded. I see Zack trying to grab her hand and whisper something to her with a lazy smile. I could go there and stop it but I'm sure he wouldn't do anything. In case he does, I stand and watch the pair.

In the end, Zack doesn't do anything. But they were arguing as usual. I'd assumed that the two was over but I guess not. I bump into Gigi after Zack leaves. We both share a look and she gives me a sheepish smile with a shrug. "What are you doing, Gigi?" I ask her.

"Look, it's fine. I know." She pats my arm. "How you holding up?" She asks as we both walk to class. I open my mouth to talk but close it. I'm trying to think of a better strung sentence than what I had before. She's still looking at me and this is the first time I feel like no one's pitying me.

"I'm fine, you know?" I lamely reply to which she nods, rolling her eyes. "I mean, I don't know?" I admit to her. I can tell Gigi this because she's been a friend since forever. I can rely on her to not tell anyone. Especially Taylor. "It stung when I saw her do that but," I pause, glancing at Gigi. She's listening intently and nodding. "But, we went as friends and that's that. I guess I was jealous that my date was kissing someone else after I'd JUST won homecoming king, you know?"

She laughs quietly as I finish. "Okay, okay." Gigi drops the subject which relieves me. For the rest of time, we talk about Karlie's Halloween party. Karlie's normally not a party person but every year, without a fail, she's managed to throw a small bonfire party in her backyard. It's never a huge party but it's always Gigi, Selena, Taylor, Liam, Niall and I. Some years, we'd bring the people we were dating so Zack has come to a few but I doubt he's invited this year.

At lunch, I'm feeling hesitant on whether or not I'd want to go to the cafeteria to eat. In the end, I decide I'd rather stay at the library for today. Today will be too much. When I get to the library, I see Tay at the table where I'm heading towards. I freeze there for a couple of moments. She looks up right then. I'm staring at her and her face twists. When she waves for me to come, I melt. It's like all my worries go away and it's actually worrying how much she does this to me.

"Hey." I say, putting my backpack down. She taps her pen, watching me. I'm finally sitting down, facing her. I nod my head slowly with my eyes looking away. She does the same, licking her lips. I realise I'm staring at her lips now. I remember witnessing Trey and Taylor kissing and I slap myself awake from the memory. "Styles." Taylor finally speaks. Her eyes look focused. They look so intently at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
221K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.1M 38.2K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
962K 22K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.