Normal Isn't In My Dictionary...

By MyoneG

{Book 1 & 2 of the Redfield Series} Definition of normal; Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expe... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Nine

601 15 2
By MyoneG

Waking up with a wretching headache, really hurts. I slapped my head to my forehead and groaned, it was hot and sticky with sweat. I snapped my eyes closed, the pain was going to drive me insane and then every image of what happened last night came flooding back to me, in a massive wave.

Oh my god Ryan!

I remember the sound of when his neck snapped, the crunching of bones grinding together and popping out of their sockets, the memory was heart wrenching. A small tear found it's way to escape my eye and trickle down to the base of my chin as I kept in a quiet sob about to escape my lips.

A couple of gentle knocks, hit the door and I snapped my eyes and body over to the sound, the door creaked open, revealing a very dazzling James. His muscles easily ridging in his tee and making out a very sexy six pack-avert your eyes Eliza, it's awkward, my brain told me.

I looked up, and he was shutting the door, looking at me, forcing on a smile. I groped my head once again and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Eliza...Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes, James, I'm fine!" I snapped, a bit more fiercely than I had anticipated.

"Sorry." I apologised "Where's Ryan?"

"He's downstairs..." James paused for a moment as if thinking, I couldn't help but feel absolutely relived, Ryan was alive, but I heard it, the snapping sound it echoed in my ears. Was I underestimating the people I lived with?

"eating." James finished.

I felt something twist inside my stomach and instantly, James face looked at me worried, he was over in a flash, bending down to check me. I felt my heart rate, speed up rapidly, and James rested his arm on my back comfortingly.

"James, I feel..." before I could finish the words, I was on my knees coughing violently upon the carpet. James jumped back.

I was on all fours, blood spurted out from my mouth and I heard James yell something, but my hearing became muffled and more blood travelled from my pit towards my mouth before splattering itself upon the floor.

I was shaking, I fell onto my back and tried to calm my breathing. All boys now, towered over me, all rushing to help, but I didn't know what help was. What could they do?

"Eliza!" A frantic voice yelled, my brain wouldn't process any of it. I was dazed and couldn't feel my bones. It felt as if they were snapping and stretching inside me. It was unbearable.

I collapsed onto the floor resting on my stomach, but sleep wouldn't come near, it was like my body wanted me to feel the pain, I groaned and twisted.

"Eliza, breathe!" a frantic voice yelled from above me, I attached my eyes towards the noise and it was Adam, but all he could stare at was the carpet, which was now stained red

I tried choking out some words, but only gurgles came out.

I felt the pain slowly go, it became more bearable and my body relaxed more and I steadied my breathing and I saw the boys let out a sigh of relief.

"Eliza, are you alright now?" James voice asked quavering.

"Yeah." I breathed quietly, casually continuing to lay on the floor in fear more pain was to come.

I was slowly lifted off the ground and my head drooped off the end of someone's arm, which when I looked up was Ryan, I blinked and I was laying on my bed. Fast much?

"You do realise Eliza, that if you keep fainting and passing out, and nearly dying, like that, your going to be scaring us to death a lot!" Ryan said sarcastically.

"haha." I replied in the same tone

"Eliza, do you do that often?" Adam asked , eyeing the blood carpet. I looked at him carefully, noticing for any hints that he was going to lose it, but it looked like he was fine.

"Never." I told him "It's a new hobby!"

They didn't see the amusement

"Well, I might look up to see what happened then, because I'm going to be honest, thats not normal in my dictionary.." Adam said running a hand through his short hair, I smiled- well forced a smile, because he was right, that isn't normal.

"Ok."

"and..." James cut in, "Your staying off school for at least a week!"

"YES!" I cheered happily and relaxed for a bit.

"You don't like school?" Adam said more as a question than statement.

"Hell No! Why? do you?" I said, sitting, up almost bashing my head against the hard wall.

"Why? Schools great!" James said, and he wasn't being sarcastic

"No it fricking isnt! I don't know when your from but, this isn't the stone age!" I stated

"Yep! She needs to go to school." Ryan said to the boys before walking out to room shaking his head.

"Eliza, 1. We are not from the stone age, school can work on your history, 2. When we were at school they still had the cane, and that is abolished now, so really, school isn't bad." Adam explained.

"The cane!" I said "God, how old are you lot!"

"Old enough, to be your grandfathers, grandfather." James said

"Shit, your like grannies!" I said, forgetting that I should have kept that statement in my head. At this stage they all walked out rolling their eyes.

"Get some rest Eliza, you keep on passing out." Peter shouted, before the door shut.

"Rest, my ass!" I mumbled jumping off the bed, and I became a bit dizzy, I got up too fast, but I soon became normal again.

I yawned and stretched my arms out then sat on my vanity table in the corner of the room. I looked in the mirror and gasped, I looked like a total wreck! That has been hit by a bulldozer!

I tidied myself up and I had to admit, I had done a good job! Then my stomach made a loud grumble in complaint.

I stepped out of my room and walked down the stairs two at a time then found the living room empty, eh, who cares! As long as I find food, I didn't care if they didn't come back for months, but then I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, and Ryan came down the stairs wiping the corners off his mouth with his fingers, before the bottom of the stairs towards me, he smiled.

"What part of rest, don't you understand?" Ryan asked

"umm....rest." I replied

"Okay, you asked for it!" he said cockily, and in a flash he was gone from sight, my eyes widened. Oh no!

I felt arms wrap around my waist and in an instant I was cradled in Ryans arms like a baby, I looked around only to see the wind pass my face and a blur, but the second it began it ended and then I was released, but this wasn't my bedroom, in fact this wasn't even a room, the sky above me had already become dark as the stars came out, it was beautiful, but I saw Ryan was no where to be seen and I looked down.

I was on a roof!

"Ryan, you get me down, this instant!" I said angrily, hiding the fear I had of heights, in fact it was more of a phobia.

"What's the matter, you didn't want to rest, so let's do the opposite." he said, now he stood beside me causally as if this was a normal to him,I, however did not see the fun in this and I toppled over, but every time Ryan would catch me in his arms, and I would be steadied.

He sat on the roof, legs bent slightly apart and his arms wrapped around loosely, I sat beside him, making sure that I was not going to fall back or forward, we were only on the small ridge that made the top of the roof, it was a balancing beam to me, and I was never any good at them.

"Ryan..." I said calm as possibly but it was through gritted teeth.

"I come up here to think... it's beautiful isn't it, but sometimes you tend to get tired of them, the stars, they stay the same, and I can compare them to me, I'm going to stay the same forever, Eliza, and forever is a long time." he said glumly

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked curiously, it seemed to just Come out of the blue.

"Eliza, you wanted answers didn't you? Well, I think it's about time I gave you some." he told me, turning his head towards the stars.

"Wait, your going to stay like that forever? Like forever, forever?" I said feeling a bit strange.

"Eliza, do you seriously not know anything, even in movies, they have some facts right." Ryan sighed.

"No, I've never really thought about it." I said, maybe I have spent my 15 years doing nothing, I never really paid attention at school, movies and games weren't my thing, I kind of just wasted away my time.

"Well, Yes, I am damned to be 18 forever." he said, twisting his gaze towards me, at this point he did look like a young boy, even if he is a sophisticated old man, I had kind of forgotten that we were sat on a roof, and my fear of heights was slowly being pushed away.

"Oh, but you have all these cool powers!" I said cheerfully.

"Yeah, but they don't half come for a price" he replied grimly. "We survive on human essence, and in return we get the predatory skills, but sometimes bloodlust can let the beast within in you out, just like what Adam let happen." he spoke as if he was a wise owl and I was a student, paying deep attention, savouring every word, remembering it all in my head.

"So, it wasn't actually Adams fault?" I asked, feeling a bit upset if it wasn't, because I would have blamed him for something he had no power over.

"Partly." he said simply.

"Anyway, Eliza, You had a rough night, we're really sorry we weren't there to protect you from Alexander." Ryan said sincerely and he didn't cross me to be a 'sincere' person as much as the others.

"Alexander?" I said to myself, quickly hovering over the events.

"You don't remember?" Ryan asked confused, then once again everything came flooding back to me, what I had done, what happened to me, was that what happened to me when I angry?

I brought my hand to my mouth and gasped.

"Oh, god!" I whispered turning to face Ryan, a tear trickled down my cheek, my breathing became unsteady and I started to feel sick again, I grabbed my stomach, feeling a wave of sick start up my chest, but as I steadied myself, it flowed back down to the pit of my stomach.

"Eliza?" Ryan started worried

I jumped up panicked and looked for any way off the roof, I even looked up to the dark sky for an answer that never came, I panted, but I felt a soft hand on my arm, comforting me.

"Eliza, look at me." Ryan demanded, my gaze fixed itself upon him.

"Just calm down, it's all ok, I promise." Suddenly I heard my mothers voice in place of Ryan's and immediately reacted. Closing my eyes and sitting back down, the soft moss beneath me and my feet resting on the slope of the roof.

"Ok." I whispered, opening my eyes.

"Who was he?" I asked as calm as possible, the thump of the head hitting the floor replayed in my mind and the excruciating pain that followed.

"He wasn't a nice person Eliza, don't work yourself up about it, you did the world a favour." Ryan explained.

"Ryan, I ended someone's life! Even if they were what the were!" I said stronger than I had anticipated.

"What's your point? You should be happy, you saved our lives, without our help! Although you did pass out afterwards, which wasn't so great..." Ryan mumbled

"Ryan, seriously who was he?"

"He was a leader of a Very powerful group, we owed him a favour and he came to collect, only you killed him, and if you hadn't we would have, because if he had left alive, your secret would have got out, and I can guess a lot of people would want you as a weapon, there are more dangerous people than us out there, be careful." Ryan explained keeping eye contact with me the whole time.

"Sometimes, I really don't like you and you all seem to have this depressingly long speech." I groaned

"Right back at you."

Then I heard him chuckle.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Oh, just something the guys are talking about downstairs." he said casually. I looked around.

"You can hear them from the roof?" I gasped.

"Mmhmm.."

"Another one of your cool superpowers?"

"Yep, along with the million of downsides they comes with."

"Like what? Except of course the blood thing."

Ryan sighed thinking, he picked at the moss, and crumbled it in his hands for a minute or so before replying.

"There are so many to name, but I'll tell you the worst one, when you become a vampire, the vampire blood twists you around backwards, so you can tell if a vampire had a good or bad human life, for example, like Alexander, he had a good human life, so life got back at him and twisted him around so he was an evil vampire, and if you were a bad kid on the block as a human, you would become more of a good person, and the worst bit, usually the good hearted people are born to become vampires. Typical right?" Ryan tried to make a joke about it.

"Wait, so you were a horrible human?" I stated.

"No, I was pretty good, I was in the middle, so life didn't know what to do with me, so I'm in the middle, depends what mood I'm in. Adam was the mummy's boy as a human, Peter was daddy's boy, James was the badass."

"Oh, I get it, so James became nice, but Adam and Peter didn't, I get this feeling that Peter doesn't like me much." I said quietly.

"Just for a reminder, they can hear every word we say." Ryan whispered to me. I widened my eyebrows, and mouthed 'What' he replied, 'Vampire powers', I rolled my eyes. He smiled, he lay carefully along the bar of wood of roof. I shifted in my seat.

"So how do you become a...a...vampire?" I asked quavering my words, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to say. I was curious.

"Why?"

"Well, You all got overprotective when I was going through whatever the freaky cross thing was." I looked down to my hand, resting on the moss covered roof, stained green.

I saw Ryan's eyes narrow for a second before becoming soft again. Sometimes I worry being stuck on a roof, with the only way off to be a vampire.

"Not anyone can just become Vampires, you must be of Vampire origin and even then you must be put into transition, only then do you become someone of the night." Ryan mumbled, I could only just make out his words.

"How do you, get put into transition?" I asked biting my lip.

"You have to drink blood from another vampire."

"Wait, if I had your blood, what is the difference between the cross over and transition?" I asked, now confused.

"Drinking blood puts you into a sleep known as the cross over, but your dead throughout and you sleep off most of the pain, once you reawaken then you're in transition, but you were alive throughout the cross process so it reversed." Ryan said

"a-and how do you complete a transition into a vampire?" I asked spinning on my bum

"you must take the life of a human." he groaned.

"So that was why Adam was worried when you gave me your blood, that I would turn into a vampire, because I'm from a vampire family." I said, processing it as I spoke.

"Yes." Ryan said simply.

"You took that risk!" I gasped

Ryan shot up quickly using his inhuman speak and glared into my eyes, but they remained soft and gentle and they told me to not fear him.

"Eliza, How many times can we all say we're sorry?" he sighed, I rubbed my face, this was all crazy, I can't be living with a bunch of vampires that I'm related to, I just can't!

"I'm-I'm sorry." I trembled, scared of Ryan.

"Eliza-"

"Don't."

"You are so complicated!" Ryan moaned. I started to tap the tune of a song, but I couldn't remember the name, just the tune. I turned to smile at Ryan as an apology. As I continued to tap, I got carried away in the song, I hadn't noticed Ryan's change of body language either.

"Eliza, listen very carefully. Where have you heard that song?" Ryan said, he was now in a crouch position, he had put my in an awkward position and I didn't work well under pressure. Ryan waited impatiently in his predator position and I was getting nervous.

"I can't remember,it's just a song, I remember from childhood, Ryan please stop your scaring me." I panted, Ryan didn't move. He walked closer and I had no where to go. except to fall, I had a gut feeling Ryan wouldn't catch me either, but he didn't go for me, he turned and looked as if he was about to jump.

I stopped the tune and wailed.

"Help!"

Straight away three vampire boys landed on the roof behind Ryan, who had now frozen in his tracks.

"Ryan? What are you doing?" Peter questioned, yanking him back to the ground and landing smoothly. Adam jumped off the roof smoothly in a dainty vampire way. James held out his hand and he carried me off the roof. Once we hit the grass below Ryan seemed about normal again, and he stood, rubbing his head.

"What was going on?" James asked me.

"I don't know, one minute we were talking and another he looked crazy and about to kill me." I whined,

"What happened between those two events?" Adam asked, I thought about it, I started the tune and he became weird.

"The song." I whispered, I replayed the event in my head, yes, he asked me as I started tapping.

"Eliza? What song." Peter asked slightly worried, I tried to remember the song until it popped into my head, in knew now, my parents had said.

'in any danger,tap the Hell's Call and you shall be safe'

"Hell's Call." I mumbled, I started a memory lane track and remembered everything my parents, I knew exactly what happened.

"Eliza, you know the song." James stated confused.

"You used it on me?" Ryan coughed rubbing his face,

"I didn't think, I didn't know, it just popped into my head, I'm so sorry Ryan." this time it was my time to apologise.

"Eliza, you're the Aphraver, if anyone finds out, you'll be supernaturals most wanted. Every dark lurker will be after you." Peter told me, the what, I didn't want to be known or wanted or any of it.

------------------------------------------ 

Still hate me? Ryan isn't dead!! It's amazing what vampires can live through! :O Eliza is the Aphraver! You might not know what that is until a few chapters later, then your question will be answered :) aww...I thought their little conversation on the roof was cute, I'm regretting putting them as family now :/

Well thanks for reading this chapter, if you did and, also sorry if you didn't understand parts if this chapter, any questions or queries don't hesitate to ask, I won't bite :)

Please vote and comment, I really love to hear your feedback

P.s.....SPOILER ALERT!

Im getting annoyed that Eliza is getting no cute romance, so later just for my benefit and maybe some of yours, a really cute character is going to be added, but I haven't decided whether it's a human, vampire or any other thing :)

If you read this and didn't want to be spoiled, I warned you! so tough luck :)

Luv you all!! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 83 29
When Camillia Bates's family moves from California to Indiana, Camillia wonders why she has start her life all over in the country. And just when she...
728 53 37
**Sequel to 'Blonde Wolf of the Brown Haired Beauty'** **Book 2 in the Beauty Series** Normal- adj.- conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or exp...
38.8K 1.6K 24
Lia just moved into a new neighborhood with her dad. Everything seems perfect. The house, the school, her neighbors. But when she sees something she...
40K 1.5K 29
Charity Raven Hunter's last minutes of being 'normal' ended one her seventeenth birthday. --- Book two of the Demonic Family series. --- She was pre...