His Darling

By _nessiex3

[SLOW UPDATES] "That's what I'm best at--running. I will always run." I spat. But the beating of my heart ele... More

His Darling
Preview.
His Darling | 1
His Darling | 2
His Darling | 3
His Darling | 4
His Darling | 5
His Darling | 6
His Darling | 7
His Darling | 8
His Darling | 9
His Darling | 10
His Darling | 11
His Darling | 12
His Darling | 13
His Darling | 14
His Darling | 16
His Darling | 17
His Darling | 18
His Darling | 19
His Darling | 20
His Darling | 21
His Darling | 22

His Darling | 15

4.3K 214 39
By _nessiex3

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

I did not know what to expect. If I felt hopeless before, nothing compared to the utter emptiness and distance I felt inside my chest. With Xander, I had something to cling to. He knew of my parents. I knew what to expect from him...for the most part. But this. It was like being kidnapped all over again.

My nerves and something else inside of me twisted. I refused to accept the fact that we were in some type of castle or old church when I looked around the humongous living room. Its brick walls were gray and dying. I clutched the knife hidden in my thigh, under my dress, for a quick second.

I could slit my own throat, I thought. or wrists, or pierce my heart. I could--

"Come," the pale man pulled my arm roughly and eagerly. I didn't like it. I didn't like anything about this.

My parents clogged my thoughts--my mother's round, brown face and short, curly hair. Her chocolate eyes and soothing voice. She always knew what to say, even when she was tired of my behavior. Even when I hurt her feelings and slammed the door in her face.

And dad. Tall and serious. His complexion was slightly lighter than mom's, only because of his dad's side of the family. He always talked about how I was meant to be a boy.

My two closest friends. Max and Melanie. I loved and hated them with a passion, because a part of me blamed them all for everything, but I didn't care.

Then Xander.

Lord...

As much as I despised him, I wanted his arms around me. One last time, before coming here. I don't know why. For reassurance maybe.

I had thought about it back in the road. Running back to him after I'd realize the strange man had come to pick me up, but I couldn't possibly do that. The man would've noticed and probably killed Xander. And I didn't want that...right?

Right?

But what if the plan backfired? What if Cole already knew of my intentions--their intentions? What if he could sense the knife hidden somewhere in me, ready to taste his blood?

I drew in a shaky breath, noticing we had stopped walking and now we were in front of a tall dark door. The man squeezed my arm and I looked at him, longing to peel his hand away and break it.

"You should smile, he likes that." He said, smiling.

And I care because?

I stared at him, unresponsive.

He seemed unbothered and turned to knock on the door. He didn't wait for a response to open it, pulling me inside with him.

How did I know this was Cole's chamber--Study? I just knew. I could sense it. All of it. Like a ton of bricks falling from the sky. This was his space.

I tensed up immediately. The man pulled me harder when I fought his grip until I was in the middle of the room. Then finally let go of me.

Then I saw him.

His back was facing me. He was looking out the window.

"Thank you, Moses." He said without looking back. "You can leave now."

I looked at the man, who went by Moses. No. Don't leave me.

My eyes followed as he left without a sound.

A cold washed over me.

I stole a glance at his desk. The were maps and drawings all scattered around. Books, large and old were piled in a corner. I caught sight of a folder with a picture of me sticking out the side.

"Raven," he said my name, and my head snapped in his direction.

He turned and looked at me. "Kneel."

I felt a strange, dark pull to grant his command. But I did not. I would not.

Instead, I scoffed. "You must be out of your mind."

I need to get out of here. Now.

Something sparked in his coal-black eyes.

I wanted to run.

He started to make his way toward me and as he did so, he took me in. His eyes traveling from my feet, up to my exposed legs, my hips, waist, arms, breasts, neck, and last...face.

He looked young, older than Xander, but still young. Yet I could see age in his eyes.

I couldn't tell if he was attractive or not.

The Ruler of the Underworld was wearing a black t-shirt and dark jeans.

One thing was certain. Cole looked like a beast. He was covered in muscles and scars. Except for his face, it was impeccable, but--

"I'm going to tell you again," he said, his words slow and menacing. His eyes bore into mine."Kneel."

My left leg gave out. "Fück," I gasped, and quickly fought the urge to bring down my other knee. A searing pain started bubbling in my stubborn leg, but I didn't mind it. I was not kneeling to Cole.

He stared at me.

"You're tough." He said, "tougher than I thought," again, that glint in his eyes came back. 

"Fück you." I spat at his feet, sweat dripping down the back of my neck.

He brought his arm back, slapping me hard across the face. The world spun and my eyes immediately welled up with tears. It hurt, but I didn't make a sound.

I tasted blood in my mouth, and swallowed it.

Clyma's words echoed in my head, Don't fight him. He'll only make your stay unbearable.

Suddenly, he grabbed me by the waist and stood me up. Right away, I felt my legs loosen up and gain back their strength--just like that.

That's when I saw a girl making her way towards Cole. She was naked, her wavy, brown hair cascading down around her shoulders. I noticed how she kept her gaze downward. Had she been here the whole time?

I tried to compose myself, stepping back and bringing my hand up to touch my stinging cheek.

Maybe she could help me?

My eyes followed the girl. But even when Cole grabbed her chin, she didn't make eye contact.

"Look at me," he told her. She quickly looked up. Her eyes were blue, just like Xander's, only a little darker. My heart squeezed. She slid her hand up his chest then stopped when she reached the back of his neck, snaking closer to him. She was slow and quiet, her attention solely on Cole.

She breathed something in his ear.

Cole put his arms around her naked body. Her back was facing me. I began to feel uncomfortable. The knife hidden under my dress itched.

I could make a run for it. I could just slip out the door.

But Cole was staring at me. Even as he inhaled the scent of her hair and ran his hands down her body, his dark eyes didn't leave mine.

I still ran out the door, because truthfully, I didn't care. I knew I wasn't going to survive this. The plan was trash.

I yanked the door open and sprang out, only to be grabbed and slammed against the wall.

Deja vu, sharp and awful, seeped through my veins.

I screamed.

And screamed and screamed.

What was I thinking?

It was Moses, smiling at me and pushing me back into the room. I stumbled and fell into Cole's arms.

I didn't move. He held me possessively close. And all I could feel was Cole. Cole's smell, Cole's touch, Cole's presence--all of it, suffocating me. I trembled. He caressed my curls. Tears streamed down my face and, for the first time in a very long time, I let them.

"We meet at last, Raven."

____________________

A/N: sorry for the wait!!! Hope you guys are enjoying the story 😁

Also, ignore any mistakes, this is not edited.

Have a happy Saturday!

nessie xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 1.1K 34
Warning: This book contains mature content. "Your scent is driving me crazy, mate. You're so ready for me," he said darkly, inhaling deeply, intoxica...
5.6K 323 42
"Mine" ..he growled... l was rooted to my that spot...he was admitting that we were mates...all he had said was mine..okay he growled..so what..he wa...
2K 90 14
"You can run from death but can never escape..." A collection of short horror stories written by me. All rights are reserved.😊
2.3K 139 27
Everything seemed like a dream, and everybody thought so too. But, everything was practically real. Everything she heard, felt and saw was real. She...