Camp Albanica | Complete

By 123itsmeee

[wattys shortlist 2018] Colton has always hated Alexis. It's as simple as that. Alexis has never hated Colt... More

BEFORE YOU READ🔜
C O N T E N T S
PROLOGUE
~•~PART ONE~•~
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
~•~PART TWO~•~
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
~•~PART THREE~•~
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
~•~PART FOUR~•~
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
| FINALE |
| EXTRAS |
| MY OTHER BOOKS |
| COVERS |
| CAST |
im shook to the core
i swear this is a dream
just a little (but important) note
im kinda gobsmacked

CHAPTER FIVE

14.1K 1K 1.1K
By 123itsmeee

"Well, if it ain't ma favorit' person!"

"You're only saying that because I come bearing cookies." I laugh, handing the package of delightful goodies over the counter.

Al rips open the wrapper as soon as it's in his hand, taking a large bite out of the treat. "Po-t-ae-t-o, p-a-tato!" he says, or rather spews, crumbs flying everywhere. "What brings ya here today, doll?"

"I just needed a breather." I sigh, today's conversation with the girls still brews on my mind as well as the drama in the Dinner Hall. It's all just becoming a little too confusing.

Al frowns. "Lexi, what's botherin' ya?"

My eyes cast downwards, avoiding his gaze. But this is Al, I tell him everything and I'm not stopping. Today; I need his advice especially.

"There was a certain incident today regarding Colton and I can't make up my mind if he intentionally tried to hurt me or not? The girls say it couldn't have been an accident and are strongly urging me to fight back?" Without my consent, my toe draws circles on the ground slowly. "I just don't know, Al?"

The Dining Hall is quiet for a moment, Al watching me cautiously. "Ya wanna know what a think?"

"Well... yeah?"

"A think that if this persists, ya should fight back."

"Really?" I blink in surprise.

"Ye'. Lexi, ya've come far ta far ta give up now. All them mountains ya climbed, all them battles ya fought? But most importantly, ya've grown so strong. A don't wanna see ya so weak evar again!" Al's brow crumples while his eyes become almost droopy. It's time like these when I truly realise how much I can count on Al.

"I'm not defenceless anymore, Al. I understand the world a lot better now but mostly I understand that I'm never going to allow Colton to take advantage of me ever again. And that's a promise."

"A know, a know." He cracks a small smile. "But if he does one more thing, a wan' ya ta hit him harder than he's evar hit ya? Ya hear me?"

"Okay, Al. I will." And I would. Because I wasn't going to allow Colton to get let off so easily next time.

Bidding goodbye to Al, I walk through the desolate indoor area of the hall and out through the outside eating area where only few still linger. Ignoring their looks I carry on, making my way to my cabin where I had left the girls shortly for some bonding. The vast, open fields and peaceful, blue sky are my only companion and I enjoy the serenity of the afternoon walk.

Or ending serenity of the afternoon because when I'm only a matter of metres away from the cabin, Colton clouds my vison. Thinking nothing of it, I give him a small 'neighbourly' smile moving past him.

"Alexis?" I turn around, inwardly sighing. So close, so, so close.

"Yes?" I ask, trying my hardest to spare another grin.

He scratches his neck, a wince appearing on his face. Whatever he's about to say is certainly a painful statement. "Just want to reiterate that I meant no harm earlier, it was an honest mistake... and yeah, I'm sorry?"

I lift my hand to my ear, absentmindedly twisting my earing. Good-naturally, I offer another of my finest smiles. "This apologising thing new to you? Because you keep asking me questions."

"Well... yeah, so, I'd better be–" Mid-sentence he stops, confusion featuring on his expression.

Turning around it's not hard to miss what he's looking at, I clench my fists. Two steps forward, one step back.

"Colton, I really hope those are not your boys I can see spray painting on my groups cabin?"

Sure enough, it is. Armed with various neon cans, little boys run amok, spraying equally bright colours onto the wooden exterior of the cabin. Little, might I add, furious girls stand with their arms crossed at the top of the log stairs, paint covering them.

Colton's eyes widen and mine narrow, targeting him. "I swear Alexis, I had no idea they were going to do that."

Lunch and now this? It's hard not to be doubtful.

Returning my stare back to the melee that run riot, anger boils within me. Colton's not the one who's going to clean up this mess. Just like every mess before, I'm going to be left to deal with it all by myself. Especially the mess he created that night. Broken pieces left scattered and no Colton insight. This is going to be remarkably like every other time.

"Just go." Grabbing at my brow, I pull it back, weaving my fingers through my hair. He needs to leave before I do something I will regret – I'm too annoyed, but hurt mostly, to think straight.

"But Alexis–"

"Go. Please."

"No."

My eyes snap to his, daring him to continue. "Colton, seriously, please leave. I'm too angry at you to talk properly now."

"That's the thing though Alexis, you have absolutely no reason to be mad at me. I didn't do anything," he growls, he too slowly seething.

"What do you mean? How could it possibly not be your fault!" I blow, finally unable to keep it together.

"How could it possibly be? I was speaking to you!"

"So? There's no way you were the distraction?" Breathing deeply, I try to regain my cool, this is only going to end one way if I didn't.

"I am not a distraction. This was not my fault." Each word draws out slowly, spotting the inward battle taking place inside of him, I pale. He's restraining himself, or trying to, but from what? And how isn't he connected to this? He's their counsellor after all!

"Look, let's just leave it okay? We're only going to end up fighting. It's not worth it – I need to clean up your boys' mess." The little dig just slipped, I couldn't help it.

"But. It. Wasn't. My. Fault." He breathes through his teeth. "Crap! You just, you just need to believe me."

"Look, right now, I can't deal with this, let's talk about this later?" Once again, I try to end the conversation. Sweat lines my forehead – Colton looks like he's about to burst but clearly is trying his upmost not to.

"No! No. I didn't do it," he barks, finally losing it, "but why would I expect you to understand? You're just a naïve, little girl who doesn't know nothing. You're a fool! But then again, you've always been."

"What? Colton, I said to leave it!" I cry out in shock, staring at him with apprehension.

Apprehension, a too familiar feeling around Colton. Crap. Crap. Crap!

No. No, Colton isn't allowed to treat me like this anymore. "Colton, I was hoping never to see you again, but you came back. Subsequently, we'll need to learn to work together this summer, so, grow some balls and get over whatever it is that is bothering you and let's just handle this maturely. Okay?"

Crap. Crap. Crap! I can't believe I just said that! What was I thinking?

Momentarily, Colton is in shock but slowly he regains anger, leaving his lasts words ringing in the air, "Whatever, Alexis, just watch your back, this isn't over."

Shouting his boys, he turns and leaves with them not before I notice one little boy push Briella on his way over to him.

Not on my watch. I make a mental note to speak to Briella later, I have too much to deal with just now. Heading over to my girls, I heave a large sigh. Time to clean the unicorn puke off the cabin.

"Okay it's true you normally lose to me but never this bad? I mean this is a whole new level of sucking you're doing!" Braden says.

I blink. "Huh?"

Braden repeats what he's saying but all I catch is a string of incoherent words – I'm too busy thinking. I have been ever since yesterday after my encounter with the 'devil'. Children screaming and birds chirping, are not enough to snap me out of it this morning. Nothing was.

Or it wasn't, because the next thing I know my hand flies to my head in surprise while I see a rolling volleyball flying away from me.

"Did you just hit me?" I gape.

"Nope..."

"Braden?"

"Okay, maybe?"

"I can't believe you. I was trying to think over here."

"And I was trying to play a one man volleying game," he deadpans.

"Fine, whatever," I say, picking up the volleyball and serving it to him with as much friendly power as I could muster, "what were you saying?"

Braden shakes his head laughing, lobbing the ball back. "I was saying, you're sucking majorly today... and not in the good way..."

"Braden! Little ears everywhere!"

"That got your attention huh? So, all I need to do is suggest remotely sexual innuendos and boom you're back?"

"Oh my god, Braden! What is wrong with you today?" I shout, trying to cover my grin. What it was funny!

"Nothing, actually, I'm beating you about twenty-one to nil, I couldn't be more perfect if I tried." He smirks passing the ball back.

"Oh, really? Then how come Little Miss Perfect can't land a date with Brooklynn, mhmm?" I tease, having to dive across the sandy court for the ball when Braden serves a rather angry shot. His face has turned beetroot at the mere mention of Brooklynn's name and it feels good to be on the opposite end of the mocking now.

"Shut-up. That's not what we were talking about. We were talking about why you were suddenly so quiet. And why is that?"

"Oh, um, no reason."

"Sure."

"Yep!" I squeak.

"Alexis?" he questions.

"Can we just drop it? I don't really want to talk about it."

"It's about Colton then, isn't it?" He frowns, catching the ball I had returned to him and walking over to me.

"No." He stares at me while I try to ignore him, choosing to watch the boys versus girls match on the next court where the ball is on the ground longer than it is in the air.

Eventually, I can no longer pretend he isn't there. "Okay, yes, but I don't want to talk about it."

"He exploded, didn't he?" he asks.

"Well, yeah. How... how did you know?" I quirk my eyebrow.

"No, reason." He glares at the ground. "Damn it! He said he had it under control!"

Shoving the ball into my arms he storms off in the direction of the cabins. "Wait, where are you going? What about your group?"

"Just watch them for me, please? I've got something I need to do!" he shouts, running off further.

I'm about to reply when I realise it's useless, I can barely see him anymore let alone hear him. He's disappeared into the crowded trail where camp counsellor colours and respective group colours litter the horizon in coloured t-shirts.

What on earth just happened? And why did he know Colton would explode? He couldn't possibly have guessed that, anything could've happened! Why was that his first guess?

Colton? You just keep getting more and more confusing.   

i updated again on schedule! virtual high five anybody? (^-^/)

i'm so happy people are enjoying my work, I honestly never expected this response but i'm still a little miffy, should i continue? sorry writers anxiety haha!

are my noted too long at the end? i just love to connect with ya'll! but i'm no longer doing the cotc anymore, i do appreciate all your comments but... idek?

(A cringey poem i wrote lol)

We breathe,

We sleep,

We talk,

We walk.

We move,

We run,

We skip,

WE LIVE.

But do we?

Are we alive or are we only living?
______

Qotc: What do you guys think of her thoughts in italics.

______

fan at multimedia by... i cant remember! pls pm me your username if its yours! (thats where they'll be from now on!)

______

see you next Friday and not a minute later! remember if you like the book don't be a stranger! 

xoxo,

jessie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7M 1.5M 57
|| Highest Rank - #1 in Teen Fiction || Ever broken into Disney World at three in the morning? Ever pranked the police and almost gotten arrested f...
249K 11.6K 35
[2021 WATTYS SHORTLIST] A year ago, Natasha packed her bags and hopped on the first train out of her hometown in Hampshire, England, leaving behind a...
7K 882 16
First love is hard enough. It's new and exciting and absolutely terrifying and maybe even unrequited. When it's difficult for Skyler to move on from...
790K 1.6K 6
Finding relationships is easy... Keeping them is the real game. That's what I'm learning in my first one. It's not easy. Our rival schools are an hou...