Apartment No.4

By shortycharlotte

#1 Teen Fiction - 25.04.18 {Completed} "No one has ever spoken to me like that." "And why is that? Because yo... More

Introduction
Part 1: Moving In
Part 2: Rough With Words
Part 3: Frustrations
Part 4: Goody Two Shoes
Part 5: Ditch Woman
Part 6: Wicked Mates and Bad Boy Dates
Part 7: Stanley, is that you?
Part 8: Comedy gone Horror
Part 9: Just Friends?
Part 10: Well, You're New.
Part 11: Keys and Kisses
Part 12: Dark Shadows
Part 13: Morning Outings
Part 14: Vulnerable State of Mind
Part 15: Words
Part 16: Invitations
Part 17: Masquerade Hell
Part 18: A Whole New Person
Part 19: Drunken Accidents
Part 20: Headaches with no Hangovers
Part 21: Awkward Kissing
Part 22: Splotchy Purple Mark
Part 23: You're giving me a Heartattack
Part 24: Macy
Part 25: Claire Murphy
Part 26: Returning Home
Part 28: Apologies
Part 29: Caught in the Rain
Part 30: Untimely Happy Memories
Part 31: Party Rockers
Part 32: I Hate People
Part 33: You're... You're... An idiot
Part 34: Phlegm Street £30k
Part 35: Doctor Doctor
Part 36: Working Class Man
Part 37: Piles of Files
Part 38: Or worse, expelled.
Part 39: I love you
Part 40: Pregnant
Part 41: Confessions
Part 42: You said
Note
Part 44: You love me; it's the rules.
Part 45: Back again.
Twitter Account
Part 46: A very important question
Part 47: Bombshell bang!
Part 48: Big Boy Toys
Part 49: Engagements
Part 50: Dramatics
Soon Soon!
Part 51: BODMAS
1 MILLION READERS
Part 52: Travis
Part 53: Plan of Attack
Part 54: Fool me once
Part 55: Choc Chip Panic-cakes
Part 56: The Answer
Part 57: Sticks and Stones
Part 58: Lack of Judgement
Bit of Fun
Part 59: Hi, You've Reached...
Part 60: Uhh yes?
Part 61: Flash Flash - 1
Part 62: Flash Flash - 2
Part 63: Ooh baby baby!
Part 64: Disco Dancing
Part 65: Complications
Teen Fiction #1
Part 66: If I Told You I Missed You
Part 67: Strings of my Heart
Part 68: All It Takes
Part 69: At Last
Epilogue
Q&A Part 1
Q&A part 2
The Fiction Awards
Sequel
ALL IT SEEMS
BLACK LIVES MATTER
Stop saying all lives matter

Part 27: Miss Wealthy

213K 7.5K 2K
By shortycharlotte

Hey guys! We've nearly hit 1K in readers!!! Can you believe it!? I can't!!
Thank you all so much for your support and I hope you enjoy!!! Woohoo!!!

Thank you Imperfect_beautyy for the fabulous cover!!!

Uni break was finally here and Mason and I were packing to go see dad back home.

Luckily for me, my ribs were almost healed and I could move around much easier now. My fractured elbow had also healed well meaning I could move it but my forearm was still on the mend.

"Bring a few jumpers; it gets cold up there." I repeated for the fifth time as I sat on Masons bed and pointed at things in his wardrobe.

"I think one'll be fine." He rolled his eyes and I scoffed. Alright then, suit yourself but when your ass turns blue I'm not helping.

"Where is this place anyway?" He asked, passing things for me to fold and put in his gym bag.

"About an hour and half drive from here, in the mountains." I kept the part about it being a two story six bedroom mini mansion to myself.

"So we're gonna roast marshmallows by the fire and sing camp songs?" He said sarcastically as he bent down to kiss me.

"No, you idiot." I laughed.

It had been a few weeks since we'd seen Lucas at the store and luckily he hadn't come looking at the apartment for me.

Mel helped me catch up with uni work and Mason surprisingly did most of the cooking rather than ordering takeout.

"Dad ordered a taxi service to pick us up and take us there seeing as it's such a long drive and you don't know where you're going." He nodded with pursed lips as he continued to shove his shoes down the side of the bag, squishing them in.

"Be ready in twenty," I called as I padded out of his room and into the bathroom to get my makeup bag and both of our toothbrushes, recalling the time he left his at Cameron's and begged to use mine like it was nothing. It was weird, thinking about how Mason and I used to argue, we hated each other, ironic how things turn out.

By the time the taxi had pulled up out the front, Mason and I were waiting at the door impatiently.

He carried his bag and my little bag downstairs while I trailed behind thinking of anything we could've possibly left in the apartment.

Luckily, I left some of my winter clothes at home so I only had to pack essentials. Mason, however, did not have a stocked wardrobe up there.

The two of us got in the back seat and made small talk with the drive for the first thirty minutes. After that, I snuggled into Mason's side and he wrapped his arm around me protectively, kissing my forehead.

Despite the heater in the car being on, I was still quite cold, and if anyone else was sitting in the car with us they would probably have told us to get a room.

I had my legs draped over his right knee and my hands up his jumper resting on the contours of his stomach to keep them warm. He got a fright from how cold my fingers were when they touched his stomach and jumped causing me to giggle.

Not gonna lie, it was not only a benefit of having my hands kept warm, but I also got to trace Mason's abs with my fingers. Ahh, the perks of being cold.

The drive went quickly despite Mason being fidgety from sitting for so long, and when we got out of the car in front of dads place, he was gobsmacked.

"Okay, I knew you and your dad were well off, but this is a freaking mansion, Ash." I laughed and tangled my fingers with his.

"It looks bigger from the outside." Yes it was a big house, yes dad had a cook and a housekeeper but I couldn't help but think about how lonely he was. Sometimes I felt bad for leaving him all alone and as much as this was my home, I wouldn't be able to live there by myself.

I mean, sure, he was always doing business. He had that little earpiece phone thing in his ear every hour of the day, and I can remember countless dinners where he excused himself to continue his call.

We made our way in and dad met us, jogging down the staircase in his grey suit and blue tie.

"Ashley bear!" He exclaimed and I heard Mason chuckle.

"Hmhm Ashley bear." He muttered and I stepped on his toe, watching his eyes widen in pain and feeling his foot move from under mine.

"Hey dad, how are you?"

"Oh fine, fine." He waved me off and turned to Mason.

"Mason, lad. How are you?" He asked, shaking Masons hand firmly.

"I'm very well sir." He smiled and I thought of his gay act at the hospital. I hoped to god that dad had forgotten so I could actually tell him he was my boyfriend.

"So, uh, Mase, how's uh, dating life treating you?" My stomach dropped at Dad's words, and Mason held a quizzical stare. There was no way Mason, was going to remember the person he was 'supposed to be'.

"You know. Gay life." Dad said as cooly as possible. I strategically bounced to Dads side and into Masons view where he darts his eyes with an alarmed look.

I reach my hand up, flicking my hair across my head with a shake to my neck. pointing like an idiot for Mason to do the same.

He double taked before standing a little straighter, his hands coming to his hair, while he flicked it to the side.

"Great." I shot him a look and his voice became higher. "I mean the dating sites are really getting some hits."

My Dad smiled awkwardly, clearly not convinced, but he seemingly brushed it off.

"Ashley will show you to your rooms, I'm afraid I have to run princess, business calls." He said as he hurried out the door. Mason sighed in relief, his usual posture coming back to play.

Well, a greeting and a goodbye all in three minutes.

"Come on." I pulled Mason by the hand up the stairs.

"Coming Ashley bear." I shot him a playful glare.

"We have a joined bathroom, my room is on the other door." I said, as I showed Mason his room. He looked around the grey room with long windows that showed every inch of the forest below.

I opened the door to the bathroom and continued through until I reached my door and pushed it open.

My room was exactly how I'd remembered it: beige carpet with my three shades of grey bedspread and my desk in the corner opposite my bed. The windows lined the far wall and much like Masons room had an expanse of the forest.

Mason hovered at the door way. Staring at the edge of the carpet and tile as though he was waiting for it to catch on fire.

"What are you doing?" I looked quizzically at him as he held onto the door frame.

"Well, it's your room."

"Yeah, obviously." I shook my head in confusion at him.

"You need to invite me in if you want me to come in. I'm not about to barge in on your bedroom." I have a short laugh before realising he was very serious.

I felt my heart swell. He was being so considerate and I was laughing at him. I knew it. The first day I met him, I knew it. Under that whole layer of dark, tough, mystery there is a considerate and gentle loving boy.

I walked over to him and stood on my toes, he had to lean down a little but I rested my forehead against his.

"I love you, you know that?"

He didn't say anything, just closed the gap between us and pressed his lips to mine. I started to walk back, bringing him with me until my knees hit the be and I fell back.

He hovered over me, pushing my hair from my forehead and smiling.

We hurried down the staircase to the dining room where dinner was already waiting for us and dad was on the phone standing at the window.

I smoothed my hair and looked warily up at Mason who returned my gaze biting his lip to stop laughing.

We took our seats next to each other and dad waved his hand for us to start eating.

When he finally got off the phone, he sat down to eat with us.

"So, have you both settled in?" He asked, picking up his fork and digging in.

"Yes sir, thank you for inviting me to come with your daughter." This was so weird. I had no idea Mason event knew how to be proper.

"There's no need for all that, Mason. Just call me Arthur." Jeez the way everything is going dad's gonna love Mason more than me.

We made small talk through dinner and dessert, laughing away and chitchatting about school. We made sure not to bring up the past months extremities, this weekend was about having fun and forgetting the rest of the world.

"Well, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go have a shower." Declared Mason as he stood and nodded at dad. I watched him walk away, and realised how much I liked his toosh in those black jeans.

"Ashley, im afraid I have to tell you something," I felt my stomach drop a little. I didn't even know what was coming but I still had that dreadful feeling.

He pulled my hands into his on top of the table and is watched him warily.

"Ashley, I don't think Mason is gay." I bit my lip. Oh god this is too funny.

"I know dad." His brows furrowed. "I'm sorry but I lied to you. I just didn't know what you'd do if you knew I was living with a guy." He laughed and I joined in awkwardly.

"It's fine Ashley, he seems nice enough. But just promise me that you're both being safe."

"Oh dad, we haven't-"

"I don't want to know. Just please." Well this was awkward. We just sat there for a little while longer before I cleared my throats and stood up.

"Well, uh, I'm gonna get ready for bed and do some homework..." he nodded and gestured for me to pleave.

His phone rang as I sprinted up the stairs.

When I opened the door and closed it firmly behind me I was met with the bare back of Mason standing in in front of the bed on the phone in his gym shorts that he tended to sleep in when it was cold.

He turned around and gave me a nod to tell me he knew I was there.

"Yeah, alright well just keep me in the loop in case anything happens." Then he hung up.

"I thought we were gonna forget the world." I said wrapping my arm around and reaching up to kiss his chin.

"Yeah we are, that was just Cam, I asked him to keep an eye on Claire."

"Oh. How is she?"

"Yeah she's doing much better." He smiled down at me and kissed the tip on my nose and wandered across the room to rummage through his bag.

"I was actually thinking about that today," I said, turning to watch him as he pulled a tshirt from his bag.

"How much is the surgery she needs?" I asked, scratching my arm above the cast.

"Seven grand, how come?" He had is arms through the shirt sleeves and held it ready to put his head through as he watched me warily.

"Well, I thought maybe I could help... you know, with the money." His face went blank and he didn't say anything.

I stood there awkwardly just watching him for the longest ten seconds ever.

"I don't think so." He said, slipping his head through the shirt.

"Why not? I mean it's no trouble at all-"

"I don't need your charity." I was taken aback.

"It's not charity Mason. I'm trying to help." I stepped forward towards him but he moved around me.

"It is! Yeah, I know I'm not exactly well off like miss wealthy here but I don't need your help."

I blinked. Miss wealthy? Is that what he really thought about me?

"Miss wealthy?" I asked, mirroring my thoughts.

"I've done pretty well so far, I'll figure out the money some how." I could see that his pride was getting in the way of my offer to help but I wanted to help either way.

"Mason, I'm not trying to insult you-"

"No?"

"No. Why are you being so proud? Why can't you just accept that I want to help you and Claire!"

I threw my arms in the air and winced at the pain but he didn't break his stoic expression.

He Marched fright up to my face and I could feel my heart flutter from him being so close but I kept my lips pursed and my yes strong.

"I spent eight years of my life taking care of my sister while my parents were off god knows where and I don't need help from a girl who I haven't even known for a year." I could feel it sting in my heart and the sting behind my eyes.

I pulled back a little and opened my mouth to say something but no words came out.

We stood there staring at each other for possibly minutes, I don't know but as each second passed I could feel something wash over me.

His breathing slowed and he turned on his heel starting towards his room through the bathroom and slammed his door behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 117K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...
3.1K 522 35
"I'm really tired of fighting and showing you how much I love and care for you, I know I don't deserve you, you deserve someone who'll always be ther...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
1.2M 18.7K 60
Amara Brady, the schools nerd, her name unknown to any normal persons ears. Straight A's and perfect homework, but what if it's just a coverup? Ou...