Change | Spruceworth 1

By 3dream_writer3

|Book 1 of the Spruceworth series| *shout out to harleenhollow for the cover!* Daniel Goldsworth has l... More

Spruceworth Series
Character Preview
Cast List
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 | Final Chapter
SEQUEL

Chapter 20

1.7K 137 62
By 3dream_writer3

Shout out to always__be_happy for the cover! (I kept forgetting to post it I'm so sorry. cx)

Chapter 20

       Today was one of my favorite times of the year. Since Spruceworth was a small village with such a close community, my grandpa always insisted on having celebrations throughout the year for holidays and events such as Halloween, Christmas, New Year's.

       Two of my favorites were definitely Halloween and Christmas. For Halloween, which was today, there was always a bunch of fun things to do; like a haunted house, buying a bunch of candy apples, mazes, costume contests, and a lot more.

       For the previous two years, I didn't get to go to the celebration in the main part of the village because Courtney refused to go, saying it was too 'childish'. It really wasn't, but I didn't bother arguing with her.

       I didn't even have to ask Destiny to know she would want to go. She was a sucker for candy and there were going to be a lot of candy there. 

       Well, I mean, I hoped she would want to go. Then again, even if she didn't, I knew she would be fine if I went. She never insisted us being by each other's side twenty-four seven. In fact, one time I asked if she wanted to hang out and she told me no because she wanted to nap.

       So I napped too.

       It was a good nap.

       I knocked on the door to Destiny's house and waited for a few moments before she opened it. "So, did your grandpa tell you about the celebration in the village?" I asked.

       Destiny shook her head. "No. What celebration?"

       I told her about the Halloween celebration every year and some of the events that were going to be there.

       "So....does that mean food?" Destiny asked.

       "Lots and lots of food," I said.

       "Then I'm totally in," she said. "Are costumes required?"

       "No, but most people dress up anyway," I said. "Want to do a costume together? We can go to the costume shop now and get one."

       "Sure," Destiny said. "Just let me put my shoes and a sweater on and grab my wallet."

       When she was ready, I led her to the costume shop so we could find a costume. Unfortunately, since it was Halloween, it was very crowded and there probably wasn't many costumes left.

       Luckily, we were able to find some costumes after all. After we paid for them,we went over to my house. "What time does the celebration usually start?" she asked.

       "Around six," I said. "That gives us a few hours to watch some movies or do something else?"

       "Like napping? I like napping."

       "....That isn't what I meant."

       "Eating?"

        "Yeah, or...." I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me before leaning down and pressing my lips on hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back.

       Well, only for a bit until she pulled away. "I am hungry, though."

       I sighed. "Of course you are."

       Destiny smiled and kissed my cheek before heading into the kitchen. I had a stash of sour gummy worms just for whenever she came over, so I wasn't surprised when that was where she headed.

       After she got some gummy worms, she sat on the couch and gestured for me to sit beside her, so I did. "Can we make out now?"

       "But movies...."

       "But kissing...."

       Destiny smiled and gave me one kiss before reaching for the remote and turning on the TV.

       We watched a movie before deciding to get into our costumes. We were going as Danny and Sandy from Grease, because you know. Danny. Dan. Made perfect sense.

       When we had our costumes on, it was a bit after six so we headed down to where the celebration was taking place. A lot of people were already there, in costume. And to make things better, the sun was just starting to set.

       I intertwined my hand in Destiny's as we started walking around. "Ooh, one thing you definitely need is a candy apple," I said. "They are the best thing to ever be on the planet. Well, besides me, of course."

       Destiny chuckled and went on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek. "You really are the best."

       "I know. That's why I said it. But you're the best too."

       "I technically can't be the best if you are because the best only applies to one person or thing, not two."

       "You're sarcastic, aren't you?"

       "Always."

       "And that is another reason why we are meant to be."

       "Aww, you think we're meant to be?"

       "But of course. I really like you, Destiny."

       Destiny smiled, something I noticed she has been doing a lot more recently. "I really like you, too. Now about those candy apples...."

       I chuckled and led her over to the table where the candy apples were --Grandpa was the one in charge of the table. I knew it wasn't going to last though. Soon enough, he would probably be in the haunted house or the bounce house.

       "There's my favorite couple," Grandpa said before handing both of us a candy apple. "You two have been using protection, right?"

       "Grandpa!"

       "What?"

       "Would you stop with that? We haven't....We don't....I swear, you better stop saying that. Now if you'll excuse us, we're going to go somewhere else. You know, anywhere else where you can't bug us."

       Destiny just laughed as I pulled her away from the table. "Come on, that was pretty funny," she said.

       "It's embarrassing."

       "And that's what makes it so funny. Come on, lighten up."

       I just rolled my eyes before taking a bite out of the candy apple. "Yeah, these are definitely the best things ever."

       "Is it even better than beef jerky?"

       "....Nothing is better than beef jerky."

       "Of course not," Destiny said before taking a bite out of her candy apple. "Wow, this really is good. But you know what's better?"

       "Beef jerky."

       "No, sour gummy worms."

       "I agree to disagree."

       "Fair enough."

       I looked forward, seeing Courtney and Alex standing nearby as they talked, which caused me to scoff. "Unbelievable."

       "What?"

       I gestured my head towards Courtney. "She refused to come here for the previous two years because she thinks this is childish."

       Destiny raised an eyebrow. "Seriously? There are a lot of teenagers and adults here. It's for everyone."

       "Exactly what I said. So I haven't been here for two years. I never really noticed how controlling she was until people started pointing it out. But, now I am really happy with you."

       Destiny smiled right as my parents walked up to us. "Daniel," Dad said. "What's this I've been hearing about you opening up a diner?"

       "Exactly that. I'll be opening up a 50's diner soon. We're already working on it."

       "So you quit The Gold Mine just to open your own diner?" Dad asked. "Are you trying to be competition for The Gold Mine?"

       "Well, that's not the only reason why I'm opening it, but yeah, I would say so."

       "You're unbelievable, Daniel."

       "Why? Because I ruined the deal between The Gold Mine and the Goodmans just for breaking up with Courtney when she wasn't making me happy? Because I don't want my parents babying me when I'm twenty? Because I found someone else who actually understands me and is making me a lot happier than Courtney ever did? Yeah, sure, I'm the unbelievable one." I then pulled Destiny away from my parents.

       "I'm sorry your parents are acting like that," Destiny said.

       "It's fine," I said. "They are annoying, but nothing they say is going to change anything about me. I'm really happy being with you, and I know opening up that diner is going to make me happy too. It will prove that I'm not this lazy guy who can't take anything seriously. I want to prove everyone wrong."

       "You will," Destiny said. "Trust me. I already know that you can take things seriously, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to nap four hours on end. I do it all the time. But, then again, people also think I'm lazy and can't be serious. I can be. Only if it's something worth being serious about."

       "Exactly. Why go through life all serious when you can smile? And you have such a beautiful smile."

       Which, of course, got Destiny smiling. "Thank you. Really, thank you for making me smile so much. I have never met someone as amazing as you."

       I smiled back and leaned down, pressing my lips on hers, but we pulled apart when someone suddenly bumped into us. "Oh, I'm so sorry," Courtney said. "I did not see you there."

       "Courtney, as mature as ever," I said. "Don't you have something better to do than to be at this childish celebration?"

       "I thought I'd give it a chance this year," Courtney said. "See what the big deal about it is."

       "Right," I said. "Well, it wasn't nice seeing you, and I hope I don't see you around."

       Courtney snorted. "Of course you're going to see me around. This is a village after all. You can't avoid me forever."

       "Yeah, unfortunately," I said. "But seriously, you should watch me try to avoid you. Which I am going to be doing now, so bye and I won't see you later."

_________________

Aww, my streak of 2000+ words for a chapter ended. cx This one was just short of 400 words lol.

And I can't wait for the drama to start. :D Dramaaaaaa (there might be a few time skips to get the drama started lol)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.6K 1K 25
{Book 2} After discovering that her whole life with Sebastian was nothing but a dream, Daniella slowly tries to get her life back together and move o...
104K 4.7K 23
OLD / COMPLETED You have been moved into a brand new flat in London. It just so happens that you now live opposite Dan and Phil. You start to develop...
4.4K 497 49
Things I knew about Derek Nash: He wasn't of this world. He would never belong here, no matter how hard he tried. Despite this, I was deeply obses...
165K 3.2K 28
Some one-shots for Elijah Mikaelson because I love him and I'm sure you do, too. Written for female! readers! Requests are closed. Thank you! Enjoy! ...