Underneath (Completed)#Unedit...

By Daisyinks

"You haven't seen how dirty I play Emerald try not to unleash that bastard in me" ... More

NOTE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Translucent
Epilouge

Chapter 5

6.9K 283 33
By Daisyinks

I wasn't being judgemental, but sometimes I did doubt what was I heading at. Its very shitty having no grip on situations you currently are abiding at. There is some sense of being arrested, feeling anonymous in pretence of misty sense of reality or drunken conclusions. Because, the lowly feeling I was experiencing is immeasurable. The one thing I despise the most is being precarious on untamed theories. As such is a million doubts about my mother, and maybe there is just one reason I have decided to marry my worst nightmare.

Somehow though ,in the catch of few hours I have spent with this man I have concluded that he is someone we better not trifle with. But the question was why was I committing myself to a future with a monster as such? Maybe... It's the protection I want from him , now that Rose's condition should be acknowledged as well.

I know I was sinking , but how deep is still a mystery.

I take in deep breaths and look ahead to see a set of tall buildings in a row. Why am I even marrying him? He is the one person I hate—no loathe. But agreeing to impossible things just for selfish reasons , seemed wrong...

Am I mocking the rules of the universe, the purity of love? I don't believe myself! Yet for reasons, I have gone to a extent where I feel i fell so low. It's a shame, that I cant help but think that I am so cheap. Its hard knowing your dignity and pride is crushed, and that something I cannot justify either. Because I am very practical on what I want and that is 'what was happening!'

The life I had lived had been set up on a lie, and that's unfortunate. I nervously fiddle with my fingers. Its been two hours since we landed in this place I vowed to never step in and its quite frankly exhausting. Its holds past and currently a dense future, I really don't know how to get out of it.

But until I have accomplished my goal, I am not backing down. And that's unrevealing the truth. Truth behind who my father was, behind the actual reason of leaving New Orleans , about living isolated, about being insane!!

My gaze returns back to the leather seat in front of me. Its cold and empty just like the man sitting beside me. I still cant understand his reasons for asking marriage, his original motive. I have tried my level best to analyse his thinking, his next moment but that's all vain. He just doesn't give in!

How can someone be so rude? So stiff! Its humanly impossible, there again he isn't a human. I felt like watching Disney, the abnormal stuff happens there alone...it's a fantasy.

Which is too toxic to take in. but what if he wants to kill me, gets attracted to my blood and stuff? Isn't that vampire? Forget it.

I swallow a little and try to sit in a relaxed posture. I am always alert around him because god knows what he wants to do with me. He speaks alien language like Luna, mate, pack and jazz! And I am entering into the devils kingdom. playing his games, following his rules.

"Rose's van has reached the destination, we would be there by fifteen minutes."

I nod in response, Alberto hired a medically equipped van for her as she is still not stable. I bite my lip and try to think of placing my questions in a patient way, and that's completely out of my league. I turn around and eye him. but at least I could try. I keep my gaze limited to his face and nose but they unconsciously travel down and land on his wide chest. He was tall. So very tall that his limousine looked like a Barbie's play door.

"stop that"

"stop what" I ask being taken aback by his sudden remark. He looks up from his laptop which was plastered with a white apple on it,

"stop biting your lip"

I check in my lips and realise that they were trapped between my teeth and being thoroughly devoured, I instantly release them

"that's my business!" stupid. Idiot. I just have to open my big mouth.

He looks at me with cold brown eyes, they were calm but ruthless.

"I am not used to be spoken back , there would be no excuse next time." he sharply replies back.
I raise my eye brows,

Ah there such a gentleman...

"I hope you left that pathetic job of yours ." I hear the momentary taps of the keys on his laptop while continuing to keep my gaze on him. I have grown a bone.

"yes.." I reply.

"your things have been moved in here, hopefully you have completed your tasks back in Washington."

"Particularly"

I suddenly become aware that my knee was brushing his. I felt like detaching the bloody thing of my body. What touches him becomes tainted somehow.

"Once we reach home, I like you to behave decent. I hate when someone disrespects me, and you being my mate will serve no exception"

I wasn't expecting any though.

"I like to know more about the story you have devised regarding my mother."

A low growl erupts from his throat.

"I do not lie."

"sure"

I roll my eyes and look out. It wasn't that easy, packing my bags and resigning my job while moving in with a ghost who plans to make you his bride. Thinking to myself it felt like a horror story we share with kids, just to scare them off. But in my case there are neither kids nor a story made. It was as real as my existence.

"How many men have you been with"

Did I hear it right? There was a sort of envy coaxed with irritation in his tone.

"Nothing that should concern you."

"what's mine, should be mine alone"

"that's a misconception sir"

"I do not precisely care, answer me."
my brows furrow catching him impatient. I thought he is marrying me for some sick business but his reaction tells otherwise.

"I do not understand—

"Answer the damn question Emerald. Your body is mine, and I hate it when people touch what is mine."

"um..um"

He anger was scaring me. I couldn't utter a word. The car was now enclosed in dead silence.

What was he up to?

"NO"

That seem to irk him even more,

"I asked how many."

"Maybe...one"

Uh-uh not the correct answer to propose. Okay the fact is nil. I haven't been with a single man and thanks to my very fucked up life. I know better than to look for myself than screw a night with an arse.

But Alberto here doesn't need to know this. I am too vulnerable in front of him. if he gets to know that I am a virgin...I just cant imagine its outcome

I look into his gold-brown eyes and remind myself not to be weak. I swallow hard seeing  his body shake with anger. My throat becomes dry and trust me, I could have given anything to die right this moment.

The car stops suddenly abruptly, making me accustomed to the tensed atmosphere. It's a sin angering  him. he could have strangled me.

He gets off the car and close the door with a loud thud and that is the end of the poor door. Its breaks, and the windows shattered glass falls right on the ground. I cringe hearing the reverberating sound in a silent  neighbourhood.

Why cannot I act mature? Why was I so interested in dragging  him beyond the extent? Why am I so impulsive? I shake my head in disgust.

Collecting myself, I step out of the limousine and for the first time look around.

Awestruck.

I was standing in front of a massive palace. It looked like a seven rated hotel misspelled as home. It was extravagant and look absolutely regal. It was surrounded with trees and forests for miles. I close my mouth and try my level best to be a bit more dignified. The house had me enchanted. It was elegant in every prospect. It looked grand,

And undoubtedly rich.

I  take in the picture and my neck craned to capture more of the vast house I am standing in front of. I have never seen something like this structure in my entire twenty four years existence!

I turn around to see a metal gate probably a few metres away. It was tall and strong. It stood rigid and like an armour protecting the beautiful house inside.

I felt a pang of jealousy shoot through me, what wouldn't I have done just to make this place mine. Everything expect marry the master of this palace.

Without giving a second thought I head towards the entrance, it had huge white pillars and flush greenery surrounding it. In the middle stood a  wide fountain exhibiting a cultural significance of Italy.

Strange.

I try my best not to embarrass myself in any sort, ad I had people looking at me with their eye balls  bulging off their sockets. I felt like waving at them, then again wouldn't they misunderstand me for a mere cleaner. I looked down at my dress and sent a silent prayer to the god. I have worn best of what I had. But that's not it. My hair was rough and wild, while my fingers and face were pale and hard due to immense negligence.

My hands hang on my sides weakly and I proceed forward to avoid the burning stares of people around. They were in uniform, probably guards.

I swallow hard. I hate attention. I FREAKING HATE ATTENTION!

Suddenly I  lost my balance. Stepping on the shattered glass pieces. When my body was above to kiss the ground, I feel two strong arms wrap themselves around my waist.

I could have nearly cut my body. Taken aback by the shock of the situation I take a few moments to try and collect my breathing. I was close. I was very close

I feel the tight grip of arms wrapped and look up being grateful.

My eyes meet bright honey coloured ones. They were deep and scary, it sent sudden shrills down my spine. Realising the sudden position I was caught in, I straighten my back.

I tuck my blonde strands behind my ear and rub my palms trying the ease cold nerves.

"Sorry...you are?" I ask in my sweetest tone. Who knew, this dude could kill my right away

He looks at me with a cold glare. In the meantime my eyes make their way in assessing his attire. We wore black trousers and a grey blazer with a brown neck tie. That combination was odd, but somehow though it fit him perfectly. He was muscular in  a lean way. He wasn't like Alberto who had his muscles bulging off his shirt rather his body was elegant. However both of them were incredibly tall, standing 6'3

I hear him clear his throat and my gaze returns back on his face.

"Vincent" before I can return his gesture and introduce my name, he comes down on his knees. That left me perplexed. He bows his head and looks down at my feet instead of making an eye contact, he keeps his right hand exactly on his heart and speaks out something I surely wasn't expecting,

"Luna" my mouth opens and then closes.

"I am not a goddess!" I put out a quick reply.

He looks up trying to control his smile, he is treating me like I have taken a bullet for his family. What have I seriously done?

"you are much more than just a goddess, you are our saviour. I pledge you my loyalty and utter devotion. I  promise to work under you for the betterment of our community and oblige my commitment with sincerity" I was taken aback by this sudden change. His eyes held immense admiration and pride. I felt...pleased!?

Like a reflex action, people around get on their knees and together howl.

I was a step away from peeing my pants. What was happening? I observe the crushed pieces of glass under Vincent's knees. I bring my hands closer to my chest and try my best to utter a word, well that was a failure.

"I!?"

Vincent gets off his knees, his black hair was very attractive at the moment.

"Please..."

He gestured his hands towards the mansion, indicating me to follow him. taking the chance I try and leap off the scary situation. I haven't won an Oscar, neither fought against any kind of social upsurge! Then why were they honouring me? Really? Trust me I am a lunatic.

"Your clothes and things have been accommodated in the Alpha's room"

Shit! Shit! Shit! I forget the important deed of a marriage. I have to think something over to prevent Alberto from claiming his rights as a husband. Vincent takes in strong and long paces, his presence dictated power but not as strong and alluring as Alberto.

"I like to meet Rose first, could you guide me there" I add on.

"Sure Luna"

I cringe hearing the new title. It was odd. It was new.

It just was hard to digest.

I observe the royalty I was thrown into. it was divine. Tall pillared walls, and exotic paintings of the same depth of spirituality, it just was over whelming.

" Its quite deep in here" I mutter to myself

"Its our heritage." I  nod at his comment.

"—and Luna

I look in his direction

"— I would rather prefer to die than let any one harm you. I pledged you my life, and I am not backing down"

The atmosphere thickened, I was speechless. His sincerity scared me but I could be more grateful. It felt nice...that your existence mattered to someone, your presence had a tiny bit of impact on your fellow being, it makes you feel human—

Wait...

How did he know about my insecurities initially? That being that fear of being killed by him? they were my thoughts! I am positive I did not blurt them out.

I stop dead in my tracks, he turns around with a comforting grin. Its scared the hell out of me.

"Soon Luna, your existence will become our prime goal. You are much more than a fellow individual"

Oh

My

God!

He could freaking read minds!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 1.5K 12
A mediocre human isn't exactly a likely protagonist, or so he thinks until something decidedly not average happens to him - an alpha werewolf way out...
6K 362 13
True love. Mates. The very backbone of the werewolf species. But what happens when your Alpha mate rejects you? --------- Eden Cross is a Beta wo...
3.9M 131K 58
Never speak unless spoken to. Never look into his eyes. Never step out of line. Never speak his name. Never turn your back to him. And most of a...
554K 13.7K 28
"I dont want a weak pathetic and fat ugly mate like you. I will find another well deserving mate and Luna . Whats your full name?" "Emerald Hazen" i...