Burn in Water, Drown in Fire

By VersionTwoPointOh

Enhanced by a super-powered drug, an unknown love triangle (square, actually) turns into a game of life or de... More

~1~ My Guardian Angel
~2~ The Great Escape
~3~ Ignorance is Your [Same] Best Friend
~4~ When You Look Me in the Eyes
~5~ Let The Flames Begin
~6~ Speak Now
~7~ A Prophecy
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~8~ I Can't Take Back The Words I Never Said
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~9~ Business of Misery
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~10~ Look After You
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~11~ Turn Right
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~12~ Chemistry...but not the scientific kind
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~13~ We Didn't Start the Fire
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~15~ If the Weapon is Your Love...
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~16~ Who You Are Is Not Who You've Been
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~17~ World War III
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~18~ All at Once
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~19~ A Whisper and a Clamor
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~20~ Secrets
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~21~ Fly on the Wall
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~22~ Love Drunk or Drunk Love?
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~23~ Your Love
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~24~ We Are Life
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~25~ S.O.S
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~26~ Dead and Gone
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~27~ Mess I Made
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~28~ Falling Up
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~29~ Vienna
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~30~ Fly With Me
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~31~ Inseparable
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~32~ Ice-Ice Baby
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~33~ Give Me All Your Love
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~34~ Louder Than Thunder
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~35~ Believe
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~36~ Right Now
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~37~ Give Me Your Eyes
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~38~ Right Thru Me
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~39~ Catch Me
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~40~ Hurt Somebody
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~41~ The Cure
Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~42~ Heaven Forbid

Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~14~ An Escape, Not a Sin

589 14 0
By VersionTwoPointOh

~14~ An Escape, Not a Sin

The next day, I still wanted to escape, well, everything. My phone had been off since the call ended with Lulu and as this being the first time for me to turn it on, I only expected calls and texts from my sisters and Lulu. The late messages didn’t even all come in before someone was calling me.

“Hello—”

Are you okay?” Devin asked me.

“Yeah…” I mumbled, not really telling the truth on an emotional or mental state. All he cared about was me being his experiment.

He said he was okay,” he said. It was obvious that he was talking to someone else.

“Wait who are you—”

Where are you?” Angel’s heavenly—ironic—voice asked.

“At home. Why? What’s wrong?” I asked, urgently. She only started to laugh.

I called to ask how you were. Nothing’s wrong with me,” she laughed. I was taken aback by that response, but something in my body made me understand it. “Are you okay?”

“I will be,” I said to her, my brain making another plan in my head. Before my normal self could object, my lips already pronounced the two words to Angel: “Come over.”

“What?” she asked.

“Come over,” I sighed, knowing that I wanted her to come over.

To where? Your house?” she asked.

“No. My lair,” I corrected.

Hmm. Spawn of Satan’s lair…,” she contemplated. Should I be offended? No. Because this was the Angel that I knew. “I’m in.”

“I’ll pick you up,” I offered. She snorted and I knew that on the other side of the phone, she was harassing herself for even being that stupid as to embarrass herself like that, but I happened to think it was cute.

“I don’t need you to pick me up,” she muttered. I raised an eyebrow. “You live a block away from me. Just tell me your house number.”

“If you know where I live, then why do you need the number?” I asked, confused.

“Because I know the general area and street, but I never actually paid attention when…Lulu went there,” she told. I nodded, but for what? It’s not like she could see me…

I told her my house number and she hung up after saying that she’d be over in half an hour.

Wait.

Angel Hallow was coming to my house…

That only meant that I had to rush as fast as I could to clean up my messy room, but it only led to me stuffing everything under my bed and into my closet.

“Pathetic,” my older sister, Vanessa said as she leaned on the doorframe.

“Shut up,” I sneered.

“Lu’s been over here a bazillion times already. She doesn’t care about your room…unless you’re gonna…”

“Ew,” I commented with a shudder, knowing what she was perverted-ly suggesting. “And Lulu’s not coming over.”

She raised an eyebrow and smirked.

“Wow. You’re finally gonna have a new girlfriend,” she applauded. I rolled my eyes and sent her a glare.

“I don’t want one of those for a long time so just go away,” I growled and meant it.

“Fine, fine,” she smiled before leaving, but a second later she appeared again. “You might wanna move that condom into your dresser or something.”

“Go away!!” I yelled, snatching up the condom that somehow got there.

I didn’t want that again. And I surely didn’t want my sister to be hassling me about it…again.

***

“Do you drink?” I asked Angel when she arrived. She raised a confused eyebrow.

“Do I look like the type to drink?” she countered.

“Oh…” was all I said before she walked under my arm and into my house. She stood in the middle of the floor and looked around.

No, you look like an Angel. And Angels don’t drink.

 But drinking isn’t a sin; it’s an escape.

She turned back to me after checking out the first floor of my house and then I gave her a weak smile and held up a bottle that was set on the counter. She smirked back and I knew that she was just a bad girl that hadn’t gotten caught for her actions…yet.

***

“Where are your parents?” she asked.

“I don’t care,” I answered in a slur. A slur because I was more tired than drunk, but Angel? She was just drunk. “Where are yours?”

“I don’t even know,” she answered. She took another shot of liquor. Her face changed. “But why should I care right? I mean if I wasn’t good enough for them without Devin than what’s the point, you know?”

“No…” I whispered. “What do you mean?”

“Well I mean they’re the ones that found him and it’s not like they told me, cuz they were ashamed of me and only really wanted Devin cuz he’s perfect,” she slurred as her head rested on her arm as we both sat on either ends of the table.

“He’s not perfect,” I disagreed. “No one can be perfect.”

“Well he’s really close,” she said. She walked around the table and then rested her head on her propped up hand. “So are you.”

“No…no, Angel. I’m not perfect at all—”

“You’re perfect for me,” she smiled widely. What? She slid off the table and reached for the bottle, but I took it from her first.

“You’ve had enough,” I assured. Especially if she was talking craziness about me being perfect for her.

“I don’t think so,” she giggled and then fell into my lap. My hands fell around her waist as her eyes started to droop close.

“Sweetheart, don’t fall asleep,” I whispered, starting to feel fatigue myself. She started to giggle.

“You just called me sweetheart,” she recalled.

“Angels don’t drink, so why call you Angel in a term of endearment?” I figured.

“Cuz that’s my name,” she giggled, forcing her weight onto me. I turned her so that she was basically cradled in my chest. She looked drunk, along with her actions. “You’re a jerk.”

I raised an eyebrow. Me? What for?

“You made me drunk,” she accused.

“I’m sorry for twisting your arm to do so,” I joked.

“Why?” she groaned.

“Why what?”

“Did you want me to come over?” she asked.

“Cuz…I don’t know,” I told. “I like being around you…even when you’re drunk.”

“I’m not drunk!” she denied. I gave her a look.

“Sure you’re not,” I rolled my eyes. I started to stand, carrying her.

“Where are we going?” she whispered, but put her head in my chest as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

“My room,” I answered. She mumbled random things before I made it up the stairs and then placed her on my bed.

“It’s so soft…” she giggled as I started to pace around my room, sort of stumbling.

“Go to sleep,” I whispered.

“Make me,” she challenged. I walked over to the bed and laid right next to her, putting my hands on her waist. I also flipped myself on top of her.

“Go to sleep,” I whispered close to her face.

“Let’s play a game first,” she suggested. I rolled off of her, but my arms stayed around her waist.

“Oh yeah? Which one?”

“Truth or dare?” she asked.

“Truth,” I said.

“What’s your biggest secret?” she asked me.

What was it?

“I don’t know,” I said. There were a lot of secrets about me, but not one could be the biggest. But I didn’t really want to tell any of them. “Truth or dare?”

“Dare,” she answered.

“Yeah right,” I scoffed. Like she’d actually do it.

“I’m game,” she said as if sober.

“I dare you to fall asleep and then spend tomorrow with me,” I said without thinking. She didn’t respond for a while and then I realized that her angelic figure had fallen asleep in my arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Canti By Daniel

Science Fiction

5 1 1
In a world divided by war, the authoritarian Canti people relentlessly pursue control and dominance, while their rivals, the innovative Empus, seek t...
9 0 1
The year is 3024. Gen alpha never ended. Gen beta are few. Gen beta are the outlaws of this timeline. I am a Gen beta. Gen alpha found a way to be im...
5.1K 388 65
Madilyn is a nerd because she gets good grades and because she's socially awkward and in East blue high social status is everything, unfortunately fo...
860 15 8
The Island nation of Thyseria, home of the Amazons and the home to the most technologically advanced nation on the planet opens itself to the outsid...