Rejection Broke Her

By OfficiallyAmused

(COMPLETED) * "Look, Mavis, you're a beautiful girl with lots of potential and I'm so sorry about this bu... More

00; Full Description
01; Lost & Found
02; Panic in the Classroom
03; The Next Few Months
04; No Luck
05; An Alpha's Rejection
06; Realisation
07; Phone Call
08; Road Trip
09; The Royal Pack
10; A Cruel Empire
11; Another Missing Member
12; A Ball
13; The Alpha King
14; Rosie
15; Cowards
16; Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold
17; Bye Bye Rejection
18; Confrontation
19; The Returned Truth
20; New Plan
21; Tunnels
22; Olive and Ren
23; You Don't Have An Escape Plan?
24; Side Effects
25; Leave Me Alone
26; Roses are Red
27; Claribel Lupus
29; 'Ditching' Brett
30; Family Issues
31; Rekindle
32; Date...?
33; Date Without Fate
34; Stop
35; Right or Wrong
36; New Enemies
37; Brett's Warning
38; Mission
39; The Important Facts
40; The Calm
41; Before
42; The Storm
43; The End
Epilogue
Author's Note

28; We're Losing

66.8K 2.1K 117
By OfficiallyAmused

This book has hit 10K Reads which is absolutely surreal! Thank you so much! This chapter is longer in celebration of this!

Thanks youuuuuuuu! 💜💜💜

Also, I am extremely happy to read your works so post a comment or message me and I'll be sure to have a lot.

Do not expect an instant read though since I still have work and college!

Enjoy!

*

Mavis' POV

"You are not coming with me." I stated immediately. Brett rolled his eyes in response whilst continuting to tail behind me.

"You don't even know where you are going." Brett responded, snorting slightly.

"I am going this way which is the way to Jude's pack." I pointed in front of me whilst trying to increase my speed to avoid Brett.

"No-" Brett spoke coming up behind me in an almost run pace. He grabbed my hand and turned the rest of my body. "-It's this way."

I groaned and started to move in that direction. Once again, I was ignoring Brett.

I shouldn't be mad at Brett. I should be gracious that he actually came to help me. But I didn't actually trust him, especially after he was quite close with Sebastian's rogue pack. I also didn't especially trust him due to his mission to kill me.

Yes, I did not trust him.

"Are you just going to follow me?"

"Are you not going to trust me?"

"Why should I?" I questioned.

"I've given you more than enough reasons." Brett spoke and it was true. He knew actually what I needed to find my mother.

"Give me another reason."

"Because I'm in love with you." He spoke genuinely.

"You've said that already."

"Because it's true."

"Brett..."

"Mavis..."

"Stop this, it's just a childhood crush... an infatuation."

*

I'd - we'd - made it to the Golden Moon pack. They did not know of our arrival so we stood at the edge of the pack and waited for a warrior to come. Of course this was risking due to the fact that he could kill us on sight but it was better than not getting on at all.

"How long are they going to take? I could've infiltrated their pack by now." I shook my head at this.

"No, they are brilliant defense on the inside. Trust me, they have guards at every point around the house." I told him.

"Great." Brett spoke sarcastically. "I could still get through though."

"Okay." I spoke, my voice high pitched, a lie clear. "You could probably get through but could you get out?"

"Shut up Mavis."

"I am telling the truth."

We sat down next to a tree and I started to play with the grass in front of me, pulling it out and bunching it up together into a small knock before letting it go. Brett sat behind me, his head against the bark with his eyes closed.

I wondered what he was thinking. Did he care as much as he expressed? I wasn't sure. I wanted to trust him and I knew I would but it didn't mean that I wouldn't make him work for it.

Was he my childhood crush?

For sure.

Did I still have feelings for him?

Maybe somewhere deep, deep down in the depts of my being. Yeah maybe.

"Stop staring at me." I jumped back alerted by his voice.

I was about to respond when I heard a profound voice. "Hey! Rogues!" I swiftly stood up along with Brett.

"Wait-!" I spoke first.

"Listen-!" Brett continued.

But the man was far from listening, in fact I could sense his anger towards us and his posture. He was ready to attack but so was Brett. They were both growling at each other protectively. I stood quite still waiting for a distant figure to approach. Whoever it was, was sprinting in half-wolf, half-human form.

"Brett." I hissed quietly, trying to make him seem as though he was not a threat but Brett was far gone and already staring down his opponent.

The figure was now in front of us. He was in a similar position to his fellow warrior. "Alpha says to bring them in." He growled at his friend.

I sucked in a breath feeling ready. The Alpha was recognise me, definitely. But, the issue was Brett was not stepping down and as one of the warriors shifting into his human form, the other one matched Brett.

"Brett." I hissed again. My voice becoming more stern and more authoritive. His attitude childish as he ignored me.

Before I knew it, the warrior (the one in his wolf form) had approached Brett cautiously. Brett instantly detected this as a threat and attacked.

I felt helpless staring at the two men fight. My wolf all gone and my body empty. I had no strength and getting into the fight would only cause more issues rather than help. The other warrior just stared for a while before entering the fight.

His nails extended into claws and he dripped through the back of Brett's top. As Brett became weaker, I became angrier and something started to bubble inside of me. Then, claw were almost digging into Brett's neck.

Soon, I found my arms stretched out and my mind blank apart from one goal. Save Brett. Soon a light started to spark between the bundle causing them all to great their heads and turn away from the sight.

I didn't know what was happening but I knew what I was doing was working. It was helping Brett and that's what I wanted to happen.

"Mavis! Stop!" I turned to see the Alpha approaching. My hands instantly going down as realisation fully dawned on me. I become myself again. I looked down at my hands in slight shock and confusion.

"Shit."

*

"So you're a fugitive now?" The Alpha asked. I laughed - my awkward nature creeping up on me.

"Kind of. I'm a rogue." I mummered.

"But that's impossible since you're not a wolf." He spoke.

"Whatever I am regarded as, I need help." I told him. "I need to speak to Jude."

"How do I know that I can trust you?" He questioned.

"Because I wouldn't betray my brother." I stated strongly.

"Adopted brother." Brett pitched in.

"Shut up Brett, at least I didn't get my ass served to me." I snapped back at him.

"It was two against one." He defended. "Plus, you didn't even help."

"I didn't help!" I screeched at him. "I saved your life, you should be praising me right now."

"I said 'thank you'." Brett said and I let out a groan.

"Can he leave the room?" I asked the Alpha and he nodded.

"I'm not leaving."

"You need to get checked out anyway." I told him softly.

"By all the single girls?" He wiggled his eyebrow. A pang was felt throughout me. I ignored it.

"Yeah, sure, whatever." He seemed saddened by my reaction but left nonetheless. "See you later."

"Yeah see you." The tone seemed to have lowered immensley.

"Send for Jude." The Alpha commanded his Beta. The Beta squirmed at this.

"Alpha?" The Beta questioned, feeling protective over his Alpha.

I was never really protective of my Alpha. Primarily because I didn't respect him as a leader. He wasn't the best and made all the worst decisions. The thing that confused me the most was the fact that people still followed him.

When Ace becomes Alpha, I feel as though that pack is screwed. If he becomes Alpha.

"Just do it Eli."

"Right." He nodded walking out of the room quickly.

A phone went off in the room and the Alpha smiled at me as if excusing himself for a moment. He picked up the phone, not feeling the need to move as I couldn't hear the otherside of the call anyway.

"Hello?" Spoke the Alpha. His tone monotone. They had to get used to not having emotion in their voice as it can be seen as weak for Alpha which never made sense to me either. I guess if they are seen as weak, they can be seen as vunerable causing a war.

"Yeah, Alpha King Mason." My eyes exploded out of my head and so did the Alpha's, I don't think he has ever had a private phonecall from Mason before.

"Of course we'll keep an eye out for her." They were searching for me, my heart sunk.

"Alive?" Did he want to kill me himself?

"Okay, yes, I haven't seen her." I furrowed my eyes at this and stared at the Alpha who just gave me a dismissive look.

"Okay, okay, okay."

"Thank you, bye, bye, bye." There were a couple more 'bye's but soon the phonecall came to an end.

"Looks like you're wanted by the Royal pack." The Alpha commenced. "That's strange."

"He probably wants to finish what he started by killing me." I spoke. "Is there- Is there a warrant?"

He nodded. "There's also a reward."

"What is it?"

"A lot." Those simple words made my life ten times difficult. "A lot." He repeated.

*

I was laying on Jude and Layla's bed. I had no idea where Brett was but he was most likely flirting with some unmated female. I, however, was stressing out about this warrant for my arrest.

Currently, I was trying to help Jude and Layla understand what has happened the last few days. They didn't believe half of it and neither would I if they told me but it happened and now I am in a bad situation.

"So you're saying that you're not a wolf?" Jude questioned.

"That's exactly what I am saying." I spoke.

"When did it start again?" He then added. "When did you start losing your wolf?"

"When I turned eighteen, I think. It only really started a few weeks after but it must've been relating to age." I told him. "What was in the book you gave me?" I asked him.

"I did not completely understand it but it had your name in a couple of times." He told me.

"It had Mavis written in it?"

"No Claribel Lupus." I turned to him with shock.

"You knew?" I asked.

"Yeah, our parents told me before they died. They told me not to tell you though, they promised a friend." He admitted.

"Could that of been-?"

"Your mother?" Layla pitched. "We're not sure, it could've been the old Queen or the King."

"True." I spoke. "Do you have any idea of where she could be?"

"The old Queen? I am fairly sure you is deceased." Layla told me with a strange look on her face.

"No! My mother."

"I remember one pack name that you may want to try." Jude suggested.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"The Dark Sun Pack."

*

"Can we just hang out? Like we used to? Before all this mess?" Layla pestered. She'd been wanting to hand out for a while but I was busy plotting the easier route to The Dark Sun Pack.

Jude had already agreed to go to the Royal Pack to visit Alena but his real mission was to try get the book from my room. I remember leaving it on my bed in all its glory.

With a pen in my mouth, I spoke. "I am a little busy now." She let out a groan.

"If you take the country paths up South and then follow the road then you'll be there within one to two day depending on how much you travel per day." I stared at her slightly shocked before mapping out what she had said.

What she had suggested was the quicker and most effective route, there were no packs and there has been a lack of wolf sighting due to its plain land.

"You're a genius." I told her.

"Exactly. Mavis. You are not listening to me." She spoke. "We haven't spoke for ages and now you're here and then you're leaving."

"Can't we hang out another time? You know when I am not on the top of the most wanted list?" I questioned her.

"Did you know that I am pregnant again?" I looked at her, the pen dropping from my mouth.

"For real? Another? That's fantastic." Layla looked saddened though.

"See! You never asked to see what's up. You haven't even visited you niece yet." She told me.

"I know I was getting to that." I told her.

"No you weren't, you were just going to get up and leave again with your lover boy." Layla persisted.

"He's not my lover boy."

"Mavis! Stop. That's irrelevant." Layla groan. "I don't care if you hate him, love him or are married to him. I don't care. I just care that you're here and you seem like you don't care. You haven't even asked Jude what he's up to."

"What is he up to then?" I asked.

"He's a proffessor now Mavis. He teaches history and he loves it. He absoultely adores learning about it. It was probably why he was so determined to get to the origins of magic even though everything he learned was ruined."

"What?"

"His desk is next to a window and one night he left it open. In the morning, not only was his desk soaked but all his research too. That's probably why he was so eager to help out."

"That's terrible." I told her.

"Mavis, give me an hour or two to hang out with you before you. The pack is already packing your things. Please."

"Yes! Take me to my niece." I smiled gently before I was lead to the daycare.

*

[a/n]

Thank you for reading!

I WANT TO THANK YOU AGAIN WITH 10K READS!

THAT'S AMAZING!

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

I want to thank you all for reading this book even though it may be shit at times and it may not make sense at times and you may have got bored with it at sometimes and especially since my updates are all over the place but thank you for sticking through it!

You guys are so supportive and motivating, it's surreal.

💜💜💜

Byeeeee!

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 76 20
"I have a partner, you can't stay in the Power Axis pack." Alpha Oswald smirked "I think that's what rejection stands for." I retorted with a wince...
2.9M 103K 61
THEY REJECTED ME and I BECAME SACRED. If only that night didn't come, maybe my family will love me again, maybe I won't see hate and disgust in my p...
Lilith. By W

Werewolf

410K 10.1K 35
I, Alexander Stone, reject you..." he trailed off, he doesn't even know my name. " as my mate, my soul and the luna of this pack" as soon as those wo...
265K 7.2K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...