Critical Thinking ✔

By KawaiiArtsy

Oakely here is just your average boy in the closet unknowingly. Literally, the closet is kind of his special... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47 [Final]

7

349 25 16
By KawaiiArtsy

I hummed as I emailed BookerBooker or Bookie, his nickname. A smile made it's way on my face as I giggled to myself typing away on my phone. Since I was having lunch we were allowed to be on our phones in the cafeteria.

"Who ya texting?" Victor said coming inches away from my face making me yelp and jump out of my seat with my face heating up.

"Don't do that," I said pouting as he rolled his eyes smiling and took the seat in front me with his tray.

"Are you gonna eat your food?" Victor asked pointing at my tray and I narrowed my eyes pulling my tray close to me making him laugh putting his hands up. "I was just asking," he said grinning and I smiled gently before sending the email plus the picture of the blue jay I spotted last night. Which got me a B on the assignment.

I smiled brightly. Bookie was going to love it! Well...I hope he would. I was about to turn off my phone-

"Is that a blue jay?" Victor asked his eyes widen and I swatted him away with warmth reaching my cheeks.

"Yeah..." I said squirming slightly as I put my phone away while he watched my every move, making me very uncomfortable.

"Sorry," he said laughing awkwardly and looked away as pink tinted his cheeks.

I tilt my head as Clyde sat next to me and Farley sat next to Victor which was across from me. Cory eventually strolled along and sat on the other side of me. Lunch was quiet for the most part well when someone wasn't arguing with Victor.

When lunch was over I walked to my English class and did my work. By the time I was finished I had some time left to myself. I was going to check my email to see if I got a reply back yet but Mr.Pearsing came out of nowhere almost making me scream and jump out of my chair.

"He-Hey," I said smiling weirdly as he quirked an eyebrow.

"Since your done Oakely, you can go to the library to check out a book for our next assignment," he said and I grumbled to myself but nodded standing up.

He wrote me a pass and I was on my way. I looked around the school as I walked. All the twists and turns would confuse anyone. Lucky me most of the people I knew were in my classes well except English and History. I finally found the library and strolled in. There were two librarians and they waved at me smiling. I waved back awkwardly before quickly heading to the aisles of books. I looked around humming and a book caught my eye.

The Lonely Wandering by Nicole Castaway. (XD I made the cover what do you guys think?)

She is one of my favorite authors plus this is one of my favorite books by her. I grinned and started to tug the book out only for it to be tugged back. I furrowed my eyebrows and tugged harder as it was let go making me stumble back and land on my butt.

"Ow," I said pouting and stood up as someone walked around the corner.

"Oakely?" Farley said with bewildered eyes.

"Oh, Farley," I said looking down at the book. "You like The Lonely Wandering too?" I asked and he smiled nodding.

"Yeah, but I never finished the book so it's okay you can have it since you seem to like it a lot that you tugged that hard," he said rolling his eyes smiling as my cheeks heated up.

"Uwa-Uwah I'm sorry I didn't mean to...well I did I mean- Gah I'm so sorry you can have the book," I said putting it out in his direction and he laughed pushing it back.

"You can have it," he said grinning and turned his back towards me about to walk away.

"U-Um maybe there's another copy," I said frowning slightly and he waved his hand.

"That was the last copy they had that wasn't checked out," he said as his voice got quieter as he went farther away into another aisle.

I huffed and looked down at the book.
Why did he have to be so nice? He could have just taken the book. I've read the book so many times I can't even count on my fingers and toes for the number of times. I sighed and began to walk back over to where the librarians were but stopped when something caught my eye.

(XD also made this cover what do you guys think? I like it. Oh if you want me to write those two stories I can eventually but it'll probably take a long time since I have many ideas for books already lol)

I hummed and pulled it out gently. I smiled gently and flipped it over to the back. My eyes trailed down the text.

Pablo is forced to go to the forest with his family all of winter break. It also happens that their not the only family spending their vacation in this misty forest. Pablo starts to get close to the other family's son and finds strange things in the forest. Pablo finds out their might have been a murder in this forest. Can him and Bailey put the clues together and figure out the mystery? Or will they find out something bigger and possibly worse?

"Hmm." I opened the book. Maybe I could give it a try. I am kinda interested.

"That's a pretty good book." a voice said making me jump and turn around.

A short girl with blonde hair and bright green eyes stood in front of me. She smiled apologetically.

"Sorry, didn't mean to frighten you," she said moving her hair behind her ear and I relaxed.

"It's fine...sooo this book is good?" I asked and she nodded smiling.

"Yeah, well in my opinion anyway," she said rolling her eyes smiling and I smiled back.

"I'll check out then, thanks," I said and she nodded as I walked to the librarians.

I saw Farley walking to them also. I ran up and hit him gently on the head with the book The Lonely Wandering. He turned around quirking an eyebrow as I shoved the book in his hands and went to the desk then checked out the book. I made my way out the library humming to myself smiling. Hopefully, that girl is right about this book.

By the time I made it back to class the bell rung and that period was over. I headed to band and Clyde was right behind me. Victor was talking to Ms.Housewright at the time we walked in. Farley glanced over at me and waved me over. I got my saxophone and walked over to be met by a hit on the forehead.

"Ow," I said pouting and rubbed my forehead as he held up The Lonely Wandering.

"That's for earlier," he said chuckling then quirked an eyebrow smirking as he waved the book slightly.

"Your really stubborn Oakely," he said and I huffed feeling my cheeks heat up.

"So are you, you wouldn't take the book after I said it was okay," I said sitting next to him, knowing I'd have to move when the bell rung since Ms.Housewright had a seating chart made for us.

"And I said it was okay since you liked it so much," he said moving his hair out of the way.

"But I've read it a million times," I said huffing and he rolled his eyes smiling.

"Well I checked out the book, happy now?" he asked as I felt someone tap my shoulder making me jump and I looked up.

Victor laughed then smiled. "May I have my seat?" Victor asked and my cheeks heated up as I nodded and got out of his seat moving out the way.

The bell rung right on time. We all got settled in our seats as Ms. Housewright begin to take the attendance. I cleaned my saxophone humming. After the attendance, we warmed up. I don't know why we had to sing in a band but we did since the teacher told us too. Once we were done Ms.Housewright told us we would be now working on a piece that would be in our concert.

One of the songs was a classic, Thriller by Michael Jackson and the other sing was This is Halloween from the Disney movie The Nightmare Before Christmas.

"The third song I'm going to let you guys pick but it must be school appropriate." Ms.Housewright lectured.

Of course, I knew some students were going to completely ignore that. Dad and mom always said there always a gas to be a rebel here and there. Papers were passed out and pens for people who didn't have a writing utensil.

How was this exactly gonna work? Most of us would probably write a completely different song. How was the teacher going to choose?
I wanted to choose a song that was Halloween themed like maybe the Ghost Buster theme song. Oh, I could do the version by Fall Out Boy....or maybe not. Some people don't like that song.

That's when the song Zombie hit me. Sure it wasn't really Halloween themed but the name was good and the song was pretty good to me. And most of the people in here probably don't even know the song. So less hate right? But sadly probably a low chance this song will be chosen.

Zombie by: Cranberries

I got up from my seat and said excuse me to get by people. I went up to Ms. Housewright's piano, which she mostly sat at a lot. I folded the piece of paper and placed it on her piano. She smiled up at me making me looked down with my face heating up slightly and I made my way back to my seat.

Eventually, we practiced Thriller and the bell rung when we were on our third round. I put my instrument away and quickly made my way to History. We watched a video and took notes. Well, we were supposed to take notes. I did of course, but some didn't. Mr.Grant paid close attention to the students who didn't and would write on his clipboard so I made sure to stay focused.

It felt like forever before that class ended. So when I was met with the cold air I felt a weight lift off my shoulders slightly. School can really be stressful. I looked for my dad's car but there was no sight of it. I mentally groaned and pulled out my phone to find an email. It was a reply from Bookie.

Reply now, or later? Now, later, now, later, now-

HONK! HONK!

I jumped at the certain noise almost dropping my phone which panicked me more. I scrambled for my phone sighing in relief that I didn't drop it and looked over to my right. Dad was waving at me and I made my way over.

"Sorry bug.," he said reaching up and ruffled my hair making me huff then pout as he chuckled. "Hop in," he said grinning.

I walked around to get on the right side, even though I could have gotten in on the left side since I'm sitting in the back. But I like the right side. And why sit in the back? I don't know, I like it there....maybe also because I'm used to someone sitting in that passenger seat.

"His mom called you?" I asked suddenly.

"No, she's most likely still at work," he answered as he drove off.

Dad drove us home and told me he was going to making pasta and salad tonight. It sounded pretty good to me and asked him if he wanted any help.

"Nah, I can handle it," he said rolling up his sleeves and washed his hands as I nodded.

I headed upstairs and went to my room. I dropped my back down next to my bed and flopped down on my bed. Homework or reply to Bookie? I want to at least read his email, since I'm at home I can just text him on Feather book. I pulled out my phone and went to my email.

from: bookerbooker2000@gmail.com
to: buttercup.king@gmail.com
Date: Sept 8 at 11: 53 a.m.
Subject: Re: GUESS WHAT

I grimaced at the subject I made and mentally facepalmed. I shook my head and read his email.

:) Thanks, it really means a lot. I'll keep the picture forever. Hopefully, I can see a blue jay one day as you said I would.

I smiled and felt my cheeks heat up as my heart did its weird little thing. The flip-flop and then something else...maybe a flutter?

Should I email or text him? Emails take a while to get I have heard....so maybe I should text him. I went to Feather book and text him. I quickly got a reply when I started pulling my binder out that held my work in it. I placed it next to me on my bed and checked my notifications.

BookerBooker: Hey

CyberGeek: Heyy, sorry I didn't reply to your email. School distracted me.

BookerBooker: It's fine, don't let me distract you from school lol. So how're things going?

CyberGeek: Pretty good I guess, you?

BookerBooker: Same, so I have been thinking that maybe I should write a storybook you know. What do you think?

What did I think? Um, that he should go for it. Yeah...that sounds lame though. I searched through my mind when an idea came to mind.

CyberGeek: JUST DO IT, DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS JUST DO IT!

And I wanted to crawl into a hole and die immediately. I regretted pressing send. I mentally facepalmed. That was probably cringed as people call it. I wanted to slam my face against a wall. No, no Oakely, you slammed your face against a door remember? And that was painful. I was afraid when my phone vibrated and clicked on his message quickly.

BookerBooker: Lol, thanks for the support.

CyberGeek: *winks pretending to be confident* No problem even though I think it was cringe

I slapped myself on my pillow. I felt heat creep up my neck as I buried my face in my pillow. I'm such an embarrassment. Why did I just do that?

BookerBooker: Lol maybe *pokes you* are you I don't know, gonna read my book since you're my biggest fan *grins*

I felt my face heat up. I twiddled with my thumbs a bit as my heart flip-flopped. But I couldn't stop the smile that played on my lips.

CyberGeek: I wouldn't say I'm your biggest since I'm still currently new to this app and I'm sure others love your book Heart Of Gold. But I shall read this lovely book of yours. What's it gonna be about?

BookerBooker: *bites my lip* Uhmmm...well

I felt my face heat up and my heart flip-flopped then pounced? I don't know, all these weird feelings are so new to me. But I don't know why but his action was making me feel weird. I bit down gently on my own lip.

CyberGeek: Uwa-Uwah you don't have to tell me

I sent at the same time he sent a message.

BookerBooker: It's a boyxboy book

CyberGeek: Oooh, I'll still read it :)

BookerBooker: :) Thanks....you don't have to if it makes you uncomfortable

CyberGeek: It doesn't

BookerBooker: Okay, so any plans for writing any books?

Nope, because I don't want to be criticized. What if I'm not good enough? Or someone steals my idea? I don't want that to happen.

CyberGeek: I hadn't made any plans *shrugs* I don't know, maybe in the future

BookerBooker: Tomorrow future or Future future

I giggled and smiled. I laid my head down on my pillows and played footsie with my own feet as I typed a reply.

CyberGeek: Future future

~ XD hey, sorry it's been a while since I updated. I was waiting for at least 20 reads on the sixth chapter. I've noticed that the reads have grown rather quickly. It makes me very happy so thank you all very much for your support. So I have a challenge for us which I think we can do. Let's try to get 300 or more reads before or after I publish the tenth chapter. Think we can do it my potatoes? I think we can! Any inferences? What do you think is gonna happen next? Well until next time my potatoes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 354 19
You're fifteen years old, but you've been isolated for as long as you can remember. Even when you weren't alone physically, you sure were socially. ...
2 0 10
Bryan is a normal teenage boy but with a secret that he keeps to himself. Until he told his best and only friend Taylor his secret. But with all colo...
1.5K 345 63
Why does life come with so many different possible answers to the same question? Which answer is the correct one and how do you know for sure? Findi...
1.3M 66.7K 37
We all have someone who is hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of him, we will always feel a little pain inside, but still we can't for...