Critical Thinking ✔

By KawaiiArtsy

Oakely here is just your average boy in the closet unknowingly. Literally, the closet is kind of his special... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47 [Final]

6

371 28 28
By KawaiiArtsy

CyberGeek: Morning Bookie

I closed my eyes chewing my lip. Should I send it? Or maybe just send morning? Or...maybe nothing at all? I sighed and just clicked the button. Then groaned mentally slapping myself. I just sent that with his nickname that I made but never called him. He's going to think I'm weird or that I text the wrong person. But it's almost been a week since we've known each other...so it's not too bad....is it?

"Hey your shaking, are you okay?" Victor asked tilting my head up making my face heat up.

"Uwa-Uwah I-I um..." I felt my head spinning then I felt someone pushing me to the table.

I glanced back seeing Farley. He smiled and I looked up feeling my face heat up more. Once I was at the table I got on the stool.

"Does Biology scare you a lot?" Farley asked laughing softly and I huffed.

"Yes but that's not what's bothering me," I said as the teacher passed out some packets.

"What's bothering you then?" Clyde asked before covering his mouth and nose with his arm sneezing.

"Bless shoo," I said and he grinned.

"Why thank you," he said and I smiled.

"Yeah, but what is bothering you?" Farley said glancing from Clyde back to me and I shifted in my seat.

"Oh um just text someone and stuff," I said waving it off feeling my cheeks get warm slightly.

"Ooooh, who's the girl?" Victor asked coming over to our table making me jump slightly then squirm.

"Ooh yeah, who is it?" Clyde asked grinning.

I looked down squirming. Maybe I should have made something up.

"He's not a girl," I said softly and looked up to find ocean blue eyes staring at me before coughing as he got up.

"Okay, Victor get back to your table. Your not wanted." Farley said grinning and Victor scoffed before rolling his eyes and glanced at me smiling before walking away.

My face heated up and I covered it with my hands. Then I felt someone pull my hands away.

"You get flustered easily don't you," Farley asked as our eyes met.

I gulped feeling my face heat up more. I put my arms on my side nodding slowly. I hated it, but I do get flustered easily.

"Don't worry we're all friends here," Clyde said smiling and I nodded relaxing before smiling back.

Biology finally ended and I walked with Farley to my Photography class. Farley was mostly quiet around Me when we 're alone. Did I say something wrong? Maybe he doesn't like me? He's helped me a lot though....maybe because it's the nice thing to d-

SLAM!

"Oh, my gosh are you okay?" Farley's wide ocean blue eyes stared down at me.

I just walked in the door. Smart move Oakely. I groaned rubbing my face. Farley put his hand out and I grabbed it. He lifts me up back on my feet moving my hands from my face.

"Does your nose feel broken?" he asked and I scrunched up my nose.

No pain so far.

"No," I said shaking my head and he nodded before poking my forehead which I immediately covered up.

"Ow..." I said frowning.

"Your bleeding there now," he said and I frowned more.

I do bruise easily most of the time. He opened the door closing it when I was about to walk in. He came back out with a pass and dragged me to the nurse who was on the first floor.

"You can go head to your class." the nurse said and Farley nodded before glancing at me.

"See you later," he said and I nodded before wincing as he left.

The nurse rubbed a puff ball thing on my head with something on it and I hissed. She frowned and got a towel wetting it then wiped it. She put a band-aid on my head making me pout.

"Your all good to go," she said and pass writing a pass for me.

I looked in the mirror and huffed. I look dumb with it on my forehead. I made my bangs cover it and grinned. She passed me my pass and I thanked her before heading my way to class.

I came in as the teacher was talking. Mr. Jackstein glanced at me slightly glaring. I waved my pass and he put his hand out for it.

"Nurse?" he asked and I lift my bangs slightly making him nod before pointing to my table.

I walked over and looked for Farley which wasn't too hard. Nobody had his hair and this class was small. He was sitting at a table next to the window. I was in the back kinda to myself. Which I didn't mind too much. Sadly I was also kind of in the middle of the classroom so the focus could easily be on me.

"I have an assignment for you guys to do, this will become a regular thing," he said walking around. "This school provides enough camera for all of you to use. Repeat, use not have. You break it or lose it. You replace it, simple as that. Or you can order a camera to have as your own. If you want to do that come up here at the end of class to get a form." he said and  I nodded glancing around the class to notice some were paying attention like Farley and me while others were sleeping or on their phone.

I got an order form at the end of class but took a camera too since I needed to do the assignment. Farley didn't take either and I followed him curiously as I stuffed the form into my backpack and gently put the strap over my head attached to the camera.

"Aren't you going to do the assignment?" I asked as we walked to head to the cafeteria.

"Yeah I have my own camera at home," he said and I nodded as Clyde ran towards us bumping into me making me fall over.

"Sorry, Oakely," Clyde said frowning as he tried helping me up only to almost fall down himself.

"Why are you in a rush?" I asked and he sighed.

"My camera broke and I need pictures for my Intro to Media class," he said.

"You could get a camera from our Photography class," Farley said and Clyde shook his head gulping.

"This camera is from that class. He let our class borrow them." Clyde said hanging his head down as we walked.

"Try to use your phone if you have one," I said and he nodded slowly.

I felt bad that I couldn't really help Clyde. I didn't know what to do. I would have said he could use mine but I need it for my assignment. When we came to the table with our trays Cory and Victor were already at the table.

"Oh thank god you guys are here," Victor said and we all quirked an eyebrow as he pointed at Cory. "He's being mean, he says I look like a girl and couldn't get a girl or guy if I tried," he said and Cory smirked as Farley laughed sitting next to him.

"Sounds about right," Farley said and Victor huffed as I sat next to Victor as well.

"I'm sure you can," I said and Victor smiled at me moving his hair out the way.

"Well could I get you?" he asked and everyone froze what they were doing as I quirked an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I asked tilting my head.

"Yes, Victor, what do you mean?" Cory asked rolling his eyes.

"Would you let me in your heart?" Victor asked and I blinked as heat slowly crept up to my face.

"Uwa-Uwah I'm hungry," I said taking a huge bite out of my taco making Victor pout as Cory laughed at him.

Farley ate his taco slowly glancing at Victor and I. Clyde glanced at us also before drinking his milk.

Eventually, English came and went when I was heading to the band. English was an easy class for me since I liked to read and write. I wanted it to be long but it always ended fast.

I sat behind Victor and between Clyde and a girl. Farley sat next to Victor and they were arguing about things like usual. Clyde and I finally got our saxophones. Mine was purple and I loved it. Maybe loved it a bit too much. (Looks like that, sorry it's not a full image)

I didn't use playing it though. Clyde was better at it than me. I tried to keep up which I think I did pretty decent at. But we would be having a concert in October so I needed to work hard.

Soon that class ended and I went to my advanced history class that always takes the longest to end. I took notes, trying my best to pay attention until the bell rung.

Today I walked home since dad would be working late today. I made a pizza to eat for dinner. I knew mom would yell at me about eating something healthy so I made some salad. I went up to my room and my phone vibrated then started to ring.  I couldn't see who text me since the call got in the way. It was mom calling. I laid back against the wall with my plate in my lap and legs crossed.

"Hey, mom," I said before taking a bite out of my slice of pizza.

"Hey dear, how was school?" she asked and I chewed then swallowed.

"It was okay, oh I have the assignment to do." I groaned almost completely forgetting and mentally facepalmed.

"Well you better get to doing that," she said in a stern voice and I nodded even though she couldn't see me as I sighed softly.

"Yes mom, I'll just finish dinner first," I said.

"Okay, I just wanted to check up on you and tell you I love you," she said and I'm sure she was smiling.

"I love you to mom," I said grinning.

"Sleep well honey, night," she said.

"Night mom," I said hanging up and took another bite of my pizza as I looked to see who text me.

Happiness swelled through me. I was smiling and hummed to myself clicking on his message.

BookerBooker: Sorry I was at school and I don't usually be on my phone at school.

CyberGeek: It's okay I was at school too lol

BookerBooker: It's okay, also Bookie?

My face heated up as I chewed slowly. I knew it was a bad idea. Gaaah ugh why me?

CyberGeek: Uwa-Uwah it's a nickname....do you not like it?

I sighed softly hanging my head down after finishing off my pizza. I regret sending that message. I felt my phone vibrate and I chewed my lip as I turned it on then quickly cocking the message.

BookerBooker: Haha no it's not that I was a bit surprised. I like it :)

I felt my face heat up. I buried my face slightly in my knees as my heart flip-flopped. Doing its little weird thing. But I couldn't help the smile from coming to my face.

CyberGeek: Yaaaay! *celebrates by dancing*

BookerBooker: Haha, oh well if you want to contact me while I'm at school it's best to email me. Since my school is trying to be hip -_- ya know, have all the technology to do things lol.

I felt my hands get sweaty. My face was heating up more. He wants to exchange emails or something? With me of all people. I mean it would be nice to send emails sometimes in class so I wouldn't get my phone taken away if I ever wanted to text him.

CyberGeek: Lol okay soooo do you want me to email oorrrr what?

BookerBooker: I'll just give you mine and you can email me whenever. I'll most likely know it's you since I don't really email people. Well here is meh email
bookerbooker2000@gmail.com (XD you guys may send things to this email as long as it's not mean, it's a Gmail I made just in case you guys actually wanted to email one of the emails on here which you sadly can't do with Oakely's)

I wrote it down in my notebook quickly. I'll probably just email him tomorrow.

CyberGeek: Okay I got it down

BookerBooker: Okay so how's your day been?

CyberGeek: It's been okay

I finished my salad and took my phone with me to head downstairs. I push the plate in the sink and went to the fridge. I felt my phone vibrate and quickly poured myself a cup of apple juice. He went up the steps then paused to drink some of the juice then went back to his room. He sat criss-cross applesauce on his bed placing the cup on his nightstand then checked his notifications.

BookerBooker: That's good, I'm beaten.

CyberGeek: Lol why?

BookerBooker: School, dog, life. Just the norms for me.

CyberGeek: Dog? Did he do something?

BookerBooker: Actually the little rascal did do something. He tore up the house while we were all gone. My aunt was pissed lol. So I had to clean up everything.

CyberGeek: Aww I'm sorry and you live with your aunt? I don't think I could stand living with my aunt for even two hours.

BookerBooker: Haha yeah I do.

I chewed my lip. I wanted to ask about his parents but wasn't sure if I should. I thought of maybe changing the subject.

CyberGeek: That's cool, I live with my dad.

BookerBooker: Oh I use to live with my dad too.

CyberGeek: Really? Cool, well I have homework to do so maybe talk later?

BookerBooker: Mm, yeah sure I have homework to do too. I'll try to talk later if I can. See ya

CyberGeek: See ya *waves*.....that was just weird. I'm so awkward.

I huffed pouting. Why does everything I try to do is weird and awkward?

BookerBooker: Lol no what's really weird is this *clears throat* Night my brother from another mother lol

I laughed and grinned. He was right about that. That seemed like something Victor would probably say.

CyberGeek: Lol true, well see ya Bookie

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly as I pressed send. He likes the nickname... so why am I acting like this?

BookerBooker: :) See ya

My cheeks heated up more. I smiled softly resting my chin on my knees.

"Who is ya talking to?"

I jumped off my bed screaming and rolled off my bed. I groaned sitting up then stood up rubbing my back. Dad was grinning as he leaned against my doorway.

"Dad." I huffed as he chuckled.

"Sorry bug, too tempting when a team is so focused on their screen," he said walking in as I grumbled getting back onto my bed.

"I made pizza, there's some left for you," I said pulling one of my legs to my chest leaving the other stretched out.

"I know thank you," he said ruffling my hair making me huff as he smiled.

"So your mother called as I headed out of work," he said as his smile still was plastered on his face.

I couldn't tell if it was an actual smile or a fake one. I tilt my head listening.

"Sooo..maybe during this weekend she'll be coming over," he said and his smile got bigger.

"She didn't tell me anything about that," I said huffing and he rolled his eyes smiling.

"But I'm going to talk to your mother okay so I was going to ask if you had anywhere to go until maybe eightish," he said and I quirked an eyebrow.

"Not exactly but I guess I could figure something out," I said and dad nodded as he stood up.

"I hope I can fix things with your mother," he said smiling sadly and I frowned nodding before he left the room.

After taking a shower and getting into my pajamas I took the camera out of my backpack. I looked around my room to see if there was anything I wanted to take a picture of. Mr.Jackstein wanted us to take a picture of something that interested us. I opened the window looking out resting my elbows on ledge part and leaned out a bit to look around.

My eyes flickered down to a noise below me on the ground. My eyes widen and I instantly pressed the button to take a picture. The picture came out and I pulled my head back.  I took the picture out then fanned it as it cleared up making me grin.

~ What could the picture be of? Anything you guys are looking forward to this story? What do you like? What do you not like? Any who's until next time my lovely potatoes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2 0 10
Bryan is a normal teenage boy but with a secret that he keeps to himself. Until he told his best and only friend Taylor his secret. But with all colo...
7.5K 1.2K 47
Seventeen-year-old Apollo Reyes-Perez is struggling to understand two things: his identity and his best friend's suicide. But when Amory Hartmann, th...
504 42 13
Jeff was going home to Nevada for Thanksgiving with Lucy, his best friend from LA. He expected the dry weather. The boring people. The same faces tha...
7.5K 642 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...