You Only Ever Who You Were

By mika_freak_

First day of sophomore year hasn't gone well so far. Mika's just been humiliated by his worst enemy, Russell... More

Sophomore Year
Ariana <3
Perrie, Zayn, and Ariana
Russell
Oh Mika...
Ariana's house
Author's Note... (:
Want you to know what you mean to me
Popular one, the popular chick
Dinner Plans With Some Very Special Guests
Stardust
Tattooed Heart
Emotions
The Cute Little Blonde Boy
Mel
Call me Mum.
❄Christmas with Mika❄
She's Not Afraid
Jimmy Lovine
Our Song Is Popular
You'll Never Know
Popular Priscilla
Honeymoon Avenue
Ariana, the origin of love
Dyeing Inside
We Almost Knew What Love Was
Almost Is Never Enough

Picking on me like a Dinner Plate

207 7 5
By mika_freak_

Mika’s POV

Next Monday I wasn’t able to see Ariana before school like we arranged. She said she had a ride from her brother. It wasn’t like her to cancel on me. But I figured she may want to spend some time with him. I drove myself and Yasmine to school.

“Are you and Ariana still dating?” Yasmine asked.

“Yeah, why?”

“Because… she’s probably mad at you.” Mad at me?

“Why do you say that?”

“She cancelled on you Mika… she’s obviously trying to avoid for some reason. She’s trying to indirectly tell you that something is bothering her.” How does she know this stuff? I nodded letting it soak in. I thought about what I could’ve done.

 I drove into school and parked my car. I looked for Ariana. Couldn’t find her. I looked for Tori and Liz. I found them closing the janitor’s closet. What were they doing in there? When they looked up and saw me they jumped. They looked at each other and just looked at me awkwardly.

“Is Ariana here yet?” I asked.

“Uh.. ya I mean”  Liz jabbed Tori with her elbow.

“No. not yet. She’s gonna be here late.” Liz said with a very serious tone. She was definitely lying to me but I pretended to believe her. Ariana was here. Was she hiding from me? Why? If something was wrong would she want to talk to me about it?

…..

During lunch period I went to the janitor’s closet where I found Tori and Liz. I had a hunch that they were hiding something from me in there. I tried opening the door but it was locked. I took a look around to make sure no one was there. Nope. Everyone’s in the cafeteria. I took out a paper clip and bent it so I could pick the lock. Next thing I knew I felt a hand over my mouth and my hands being bound together by a pair of larger hands. My yells were reduced to muffles. The strangers dragged me into the bathroom where they let go of my mouth. I heard a male voice laugh. I’d have known that voice anywhere. Russell. It felt like forever since he bothered me. Ever since Ariana, he sort of left me alone. But now I had to face him. I turned around but he just spun me around again. I thought I saw Zayn and Harry in the reflection of one of the mirrors but I wasn’t sure since I felt Russell plunge my face into a toilet. He kept his foot on my back as I tried holding my breath. They all cackled and I thought I saw a flash of a camera.

“Wait till little Ari sees her pathetic gay boyfriend in this picture.” Zayn says. They all left. I felt so.. stupid. I hated myself. No wonder Ariana’s mad. She probably wants to break up.  That’s it. She probably realized what a fool I am. Ugh I just wanna die. I wanna die all alone in a deep dark hole right now. Who knows what they’ll do with that picture. My life is over. This day has been terrible. High school is back to its normal self again. Right when I thought I was smooth sailing with Ariana the best girlfriend in the world, an amazing new dog, and my approaching record deal with Jimmy; my life has taken a wrong turn. I hoped this would never happen again. I am pathetic. I’m a jacked up weirdo. How did Ariana ever cope with my oddness? I’m an utter failure.

….

Ariana’s POV

I woke up this morning and realized that Mika was going to pick me up. I really didn’t feel like talking to him though. I texted him saying that Frankie was driving me to school today. But Frankie was still messed up. I’ve never seen him like this.I decided to ask Liz and Tori for a ride. They said yes. I told what happened with Jimmy and Mika’s new friend Pricilla.

“And he didn’t tell you about this girl?” Liz asked annoyed. I shook my head.

“Gurrll he is so cheating on you.” Liz said

“Well maybe they’re just friends. And maybe he didn’t tell you because maybe he thought you might get jealous.” Tori added.

“Well, if he were really just friends with this Pricilla girl, then maybe he’d be honest with Ariana about it. He’s hiding something Ariana. Trust me.” Liz said looking me in the eye. But Mika would never do that.

“I don’t know you guys..I mean, I know Mika. I could never see him doing that. I guess I’m just mad because I was really hoping that we could sing Popular together. I don’t really want him to sing it with another girl who doesn’t even know what the song means to us. I mean..the song explains us perfectly and he chose to sing it with Pricilla” I said.

“Yeah, maybe the producer guy just suggested Pricilla and Mika took the collaboration to be polite. I bet he just doesn’t want to disappoint Jimmy. Especially when it’s just the beginning of his career with him.” Yeah. That’s true. That made more sense. The rest of the way there Liz went on about how Mika is betraying me. I guess she wants to protect me because her boyfriend hurt her. I could understand where she’s coming from but still…it’s Mika we’re talking about here. When we got to school Liz and tori said for me to hide in the janitor’s closet until third period. They thought the best way for Mika to get the message was for me to avoid him. I was also hoping that he might wonder where I was.

They closed me in the dark room and I pulled out my phone. The brightness was blinding me. They locked the door so no one could find me ditching class in a closet full of soap and paper towels. As soon as they locked it I heard Mika’s voice through the door. Oh no, did he catch them putting me in?

“Is Ariana here yet?” I heard him ask. Liz told him that I was going to be late. I slapped my forehead with my palm. Why on earth would she say that when Mika would never believe that? After that I only heard the rustle and bustle of teenagers. Soon it was quiet. All of sudden all I wanted to do was crawl out of the closet and sit next my boyfriend in Mr. Bowin’s class. I sat there all alone in that dark room with only my phone as a flashlight.

……

Third period came very slowly. Liz opened the door and the halls were empty. I quickly got up and my legs were sore from sitting cross-legged on the floor for too long. I went to fourth period which I didn’t have Mika with. No one really questioned about where I was the whole morning. This school was kind of stupid in that way. The teachers didn’t know your name and you could very easily slip under the radar. To be popular you needed to get at least 4500 kids to know your name. All the popular kids here anyway were really bitchy. All cheer girls who sang songs that no one ever knows. They are like plastic. Literally. All they know is how to look cool. That’s the only thing that they learn in school.

……..

Lunch came and went but I never saw Mika. Did he leave? I was looking frantically for him while Liz and Tori talked about how Mr. Whensel was all jittery in class today. I finally gave up. Maybe he did go home… but why? Suddenly three boys burst through the cafeteria doors and made a huge scene. It was Russell, Harry and Zayn. They all stood up on tables and yelled loud and clear, “EVERYBODY, CHECK YOUR INSTAGRAMS NOW!” Tori and Liz whipped out their phones as I just sat there. The entire room was soon laughing. The sounds were booming. I looked to Tori and Liz. They weren’t laughing. Tori was angry, and Liz looked thoughtfully confused or satisfied. I couldn’t ever tell her expression. She would make an amazing actress What was it that was so funny. Suddenly someone across from me yelled, “Isn’t that her boyfriend???”

All eyes were staring at me. They pointed and laughed. I checked my phone and saw that Zayn’s latest picture on Instagram was Mika sprawled out on the bathroom floor. His hair was wet and eyebrow was cut and bruised. I gasped. I didn’t even care what happened with Jimmy and Pricilla anymore. I just wanted to see my baby. I got up and moved through the laughing crowd. They all pointed and laughed as if they were watching Jim Carrey on SNL. I just wanted to cry. Zayn caught when I slipped on a French fry on the ground.

“Where are you going?” he asked amused.

“WHERE is he? Where is he you ass hole?” My mind was racing. I had never called anyone that before. The room went silent. I looked around and at all the faces. I felt my tears pour. I slapped Zayn and stomped out of there. Mika was somewhere. I had to find him. I ran up all the halls until I stopped in front of one of the boys’ bathroom. I heard someone say something in there. I leaned against the door it was definitely Mika. I took a deep breath and walked in. I didn’t care if anyone saw me in there. I just really had to see Mika. He was there on the floor and cursed under his breath. He heard my high heels click softly. He looked up and was shocked to see me.

“Hi” I whispered.

“Ariana?” he asked. I nodded I helped him stand up and he stood back from me as if trying to understand my mood.

“I’m… not mad at you anymore.” I said softly. He nods slowly. “I don’t understand.” was all he could say.

“You don’t need to.” I said walking up to him. I pressed my lips so hard against his. He tensed but then relaxed. He kissed me back. I felt so much love rush through me. It was something that you wouldn’t understand or feel unless you really really loved someone. And I really loved Mika. I felt like I could stay like this with him forever. I tugged at his hair and pulled him in closer. I felt his perfect tongue against mine.  I really wanted to pull at his shirt but resisted not wanting to ruin this perfect moment. Why do people have to be mean? Have to be such haters? Such bitches? The world is so lucky to have people like Mika. Yet God just had throw in asses like Russell and Zayn. But I suppose…maybe having them brought Mika and me closer. Maybe… that was God’s intension. Maybe. But we’ll never know. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 711 34
1 bully. 4 victims. Simple sad story right? Wrong. What will happen when the 4 victims, get pushed over the edge? Will the big bad bully himself, bec...
133 21 21
Niall Horan meets an amazing singer called Jayden. They soon become close friends but will someone or something get it the way of that?
198K 4.7K 39
Cassie Brooks. A normal teenage girl. She gets bullied. By the most popular boy in school, Louis Tomlinson. He has a crew. Their names are, Harry St...
6.3K 61 47
PLOT: Hey my name is Sara Cruz! I go too a private school and I am the head cheerleader! My best mates are Danielle and Liam. But Louis my ex just ta...