The Allen Twins (Glee and Fla...

By AlyceSeafire

Sebastian and Barry Allen are the twin sons of Henry and Nora Allen. After the incident, they were separated... More

Double the Trouble
The Incident
As The Years Go By... PART 1!
As The Years Go On...PART 2!
As the Years Go By...Part 3!
Family
Brothers and Sisters
The Flash
Confrontations
Secrets Revealed
Huntbastian Part 1
Huntbastian Part 2
Guilt
Redemption
Love
Mentors
Betrayal
Rescue
Struggle
Ohio
Awestruck?
Oh Brother
Long Live Bohemia
NYADA
Take Me Or Leave Me
Recovery
Without the Flash...
Change for the Better? Pt 1
Chapter 30: Change for the Good Pt. 2
Chapter 31: Interlude
Metapocalypse

Keep Calm, Warble On!

2.5K 59 7
By AlyceSeafire

Sebastian had a rather eventful long weekend in Ohio. It was just what he needed after midterms and he felt refreshed and ready for the rest of the semester. Watching his old brothers and new ones as well as spend some time with Rachel (without the curse of schoolwork and stuff looming over their heads) was relaxing.

He had to admit that he even enjoyed having Kurt around every now and then. Only he could truly understand the annoying traits of certain costume designers for school induced productions. But it was time to head back to New York.

It was early Saturday morning, Sebastian's adoptive mother continued to fuss over Sebastian to the amusement of both Sebastian and her husband. He was already good to go. But his mother wouldn't let go of him.

"Do you have everything? The new prescription for your glasses? Your contact lenses? Your books? Do you and Barry need us to come down..."

"We're okay, ma." Sebastian said wrapping his arms around his adoptive mother. "We're great thank you. It was a great trip back home."

"You should really come home more often. We miss having you around. You and Barry." Jennalyn Smythe said. "We might not be your parents. But we are proud to call you both part of our family."

"But like your mother said." Alexander said. "If you need anything just call."

"Of course." Sebastian said with a smile. "See you soon."

The Smythes were exchanging one last hug when Sebastian's phone started to vibrate.

They released from their hold enough for Sebastian to check who was calling.

Skylar Warbler

What is he doing awake?

"Sorry, I need to take this." His parents just nodded as he answered his phone.

"Sky, what's up? Isn't it a little early to be calling?"

"Sebastian are you still at home?" Skylar asked through the phone. It was noisy at his side slightly chaotic. Which was unusual for the usually uptight Warbler.

"I am I'm just about to go catch my plane. Where are you? Are you in any trouble? What's going on?"

Sebastian's parents started to look at him with worry.

"There's a fire." Skylar said in defeat. "The Academy is on fire!"

"What?" Sebastian exclaimed. "How? Is everyone alright?"

"There was an accident."

"I'm heading there right now." Sebastian said. "Be careful don't do anything stupid."

Before Skylar could respond Sebastian ended the call.

"What's going on, Seb?"

"Dalton's on fire." Sebastian said rushing to get his coat. "I have to go help them. The Warblers, the students...."

"We're coming with you." Jennalyn insisted.

"Ma..."

"The more time you argue with your mom the more time it takes to get there." Alex said grabbing his keys. "Let's go."

Dalton was a good fifteen minutes away from the Smythe residence. It took them less than ten minutes to reach the campus. Half a dozen fire trucks were already on the scene firemen running around trying to put out the large fire and helping students and staff out of the burning building.

Alex had barely stopped the car when Sebastian ran out in search for the Warblers.

It didn't take long to find a group of eighteen boys huddled together as they watched their home start to burn.

"Is everyone alright?" Sebastian asked an arm comfortably around his younger brothers.

"Yeah, just some minor bumps and bruises." Simon, one of the Warbler council memberes, replied. "We were in the common room when the fire started at the other side of the campus we heard the alarm and ran out before it reached the main stairway."

"What's going to happen now?" one of the freshman Warbler asked. Sebastian wrapped his around the young boy who leaned to his touch.

"I don't know." Sebastian admitted. "But I am going to be here till we figure things out."

~()~

Sebastian entered through the backdoor of the New Direction's auditorium. The New Direction kids were really good. They seemed a little pitchy but Sebastian couldn't find it in his heart to be snarky.

After their set Jane caught site of the veteran Warbler.

"Sebastian!"

The three coaches turned around and saw the Warbler who was smiling weakly.

Rachel got on her feet and wrapped her arms around her cousin.

"What are you doing here?" she demanded. "Why aren't you back in New York? Your flight was yesterday!"

Sebastian had a sad smile on his face.

"What's wrong?" Rachel asked. Leading Sebastian to the seats.

"There was a fire at Dalton. It burned to the ground." Sebastian said. He leaned his head on Rachel's shoulder with tears rolling down his face. Rachel wrapped her arms protectively around Sebastian as he start to cry silently in grief for his destroyed home.

"What's going to happen now?" Kurt asked softly.

"I don't know." Sebastian said slowly getting his bearing back. "Parents are being called. Some of the Warblers stayed over at my place last night. Trying to contact parents who are abroad. But they're all devastated. They worked so hard and it was all going to be for nothing."

"It doesn't have to be." Rachel said a brilliant idea running through her head. "There is a way for the Warblers to still perform."

~()~

Sebastian met with the Warblers at the New Direction auditorium. He wore a Navy Blue shirt with a red collar under his regular blazer and jeans. He had a bandage covering his neck which no one really noticed.

"Hey guys." Sebastian greeted sitting on the edge of the stage "How is life at McKinley?"

"It's...different." Skylar said.

"Are you kidding?" Simon asked. "It's horrible. The New Directions are as hypocritical as they get. And that Headmaster is out to get us."

"It's going to be okay." Sebastian insisted. "It's just a rough start I guess."

"With all due respect," Skylar said. "McKinley is behind. They haven't even gotten their setlist done yet. The students have no interaction but rather they just listen to the teachers and follow around even when they consciously know they are behind in planning for sectionals. Most of us question how they ever won Nationals. That and being tormented for the grief and loss doesn't really help us in any way."

"I know this is going to be hard." Sebastian said. "That is why I called some old friends."

The piano started playing and they all looked to find Blaine, who wore his Dalton Blazer, on the piano. The older Warblers came out from behind the curtains starting to harmonize with the song. All of them also wore blazers over their usual attire.

The younger Warblers were looking at Sebastian in shock. He gave them a sheepish smile and started to sing.

"Like a small boat

On the ocean

Sending big waves

Into motion"

The other Warblers started to go down the steps to greet their younger brothers. While Thad stood beside Sebastian and sang the next verse.

Like how a single word

Can make a heart open

I might only have one match

But I can make an explosion

Nick and Jeff both had an arm around one of the younger Warblers and started to sing the next verse. Which encouraged the younger Warblers to harmonize with their brothers.

And all those things I didn't say

Wrecking balls inside my brain

I will scream them loud tonight

Can you hear my voice this time?

All the Warblers sung loudly which caused the New Directions to check out what was going on inside their auditorium.

This is my fight song

Take back my life song

Prove I'm alright song

My power's turned on

Starting right now I'll be strong

I'll play my fight song

And I don't really care if nobody else believes

'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Blaine stood up from the piano and sang with his brothers. Wes and Trent, wrapped an arm around him as he sang.

Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep

Everybody's worried about me

In too deep

Say I'm in too deep (in too deep)

Trent took the next verse while wiping a tear off his eyes.

And it's been two years

I miss my home

But there's a fire burning in my bones

Still believe

Yeah, I still believe

Wes sang to his brothers with a smile on his face. The younger Warblers looked up at him in awe, remembering the stories their older brothers told them about the Head Warbler before their time.

And all those things I didn't say

Wrecking balls inside my brain

I will scream them loud tonight

Can you hear my voice this time?

Rachel and Kurt watched in awe from the back with some of the other New Direction kids watching the scene unravel. The Warblers were truly brothers. They just never realized how strong their bond was. Until now, when so many of them came home to look after their successors without a second thought.

This is my fight song

Take back my life song

Prove I'm alright song

My power's turned on

Starting right now I'll be strong

I'll play my fight song

And I don't really care if nobody else believes

'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

A lot of fight left in me

No I've still got a lot of fight left in me

The Warblers started to exchange hugs and greetings. Some reintroduced themselves to the younger Warblers.

"Dalton might be gone." Sebastian said. "But as Warblers, our brotherhood is eternal."

Sebastian slowly pulled the bandage off his neck.

The younger Warblers looked at him in shock. It was a tattoo. A small song bird that symbolized the Warblers with words that circled the bird. The other Warblers also looked at them with a smirk. Some rolled up their sleeves some took off their blazers. But most of the Warblers had a small tattoo as well.

"We may no longer be attending Dalton." Wes said. "But we are always going to be Warblers."

"You know what they say." Nick said. "Keep Calm,"

"And Warble On."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 669 54
What would happen if Glee's Sebastian Smythe ended up in said 'Earth 1' and met Barry Allen? I do not own any of the characters pulled from Glee or...
59K 1.1K 20
Barry Allen's life hasn't been easy at all, period. Adding the glee-verse in shouldn't make it worse, right? Best Rankings 6/6/2020 ~ #1 in MarleyRo...
64.5K 834 18
What happens when Barry is forced to go see the Warblers and New Directions perform. What happens when his friends find out? Read to find out(I suck...
3K 71 11
No one had seen it coming. No one. Not Barry Allen, Sebastian Smythe, or even Hal Jordan, for that matter. Except for one... (Glee x Flash with DCAU...