Naomi [Wattys 2017]

By HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 61

347 54 5
By HusseinaJafiya

Chapter 61

The table has been silent ever since we sat down with our order outside KFC. Grace and Hayley kept acting awkward and curious the whole time as they kept looking at me and Tyler who was just enjoying his meal the whole time.

Being the first to finish my meal from everyone, I sat back and stared at my single wasted nugget on the tray.

"You still eating that?" Tyler asked while glancing at my last nugget.

"Nah." I shook my head. "You wan-"

He snatched it immediately before I could finish my question. I stared at him in dismay.

"Thank you." He smirked before putting it to his mouth.

I turned to Grace and Hayley who were just looking blankly at me. I shrugged at them before Hayley turned to her phone and sent me a message.

'Why did you let him come :(' she wrote.

'Come on he's not bad. He's just keeping me company' I wrote back.

'We are your company silly :|'

'Says the one that couldn't help me with that awkward situation.' I wrote back defensively.

'Sorry I didn't have anything to say either:('

'It's cool.'

'Can you kick Tyler out now?'

'No' I snorted while clicking send before dropping my phone back on the table.

Hayley glared at me. I smirked at her in response.

Suddenly my bladder started acting up. Well this gives me the opportunity to leave this silent zone for a moment.

"I need to go to the bathroom." I told them before I stood up and walked away immediately. This was to avoid Hayley and Grace from suggesting to follow me to the bathroom, because that's what girls love to do all the time.

After getting to the ladies toilet and was done giving my bladder it's satisfaction, I stood in front of the sink and stared at myself in the mirror and sighed.

Hayley was right. I actually don't have the looks to ever date someone like Adam. I was too much of an underrated girl to date him.

If I were to fix the puzzles, Hayley is the one that could have actually been dating Adam.

I grunt at my silly thought. How could I think of such thing?

I immediately washed my hands and dried them before leaving the bathroom.

The hallway was quite full this time and people were just brushing past me. I couldn't even focus anymore and suddenly, I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I shrieked.

"It's alright." The person said and caught a glimpse of my face. "Oh it's you."

Okay this wasn't what I was expecting. I bump into Adam the second time in the past 40 minutes?

"Yhup." I shrugged and tried my best to get rid of the nervousness that was starting to get in my way.

I start making my way to leave when suddenly Adam grabbed my arm. I shut my eyes and groan.

"Look not this time Adam." I said the moment I turned back to face him.

"I just want to explain myself Naomi. You don't understand how terrible I feel about what happened at that wedding." He said.

There he goes again.

"You don't have to tell me anything about it okay? I've forgotten it and I've moved on." I crossed my arms. "Besides I have a boyfriend and I bet he wouldn't want to see us talking."

With that I was ready to leave but he rushed in front of immediately, causing me to stand on my spot.

"Look Naomi I am not stupid." He scoffed. "I know that boy isn't your boyfriend. After everything we've been through, you expect me to believe that you're seeing someone else over the course of two weeks?!"

"Tell me Adam." I glared at him. "After everything we've been through, you expect me to believe everything was fake?"

"That's what I want to talk to you about." He said. "We've not talked since my dad's wedding."

"That's because you knew what you did then. You hurt me Adam." I look at him, getting furious now.

"I didn't mean anything I said that day. I was drunk. Ask Kaleb, when I am drunk, I completely loose my brain and say very stupid things I don't mean."

"I knew 'being drunk' was the only excuse you could come up with." I rolled my eyes. "Couldn't you be any better?"

"You have to believe me Naomi."

"That's the last thing I will ever want to do." I snapped.

"I really want to be happy honest with you Naomi..." He looked at me unsettled and paused. "Those were my initial thoughts the first few times. Then later things change. Feelings came along and-"

"And what Adam?" I cut him, "play games like I'm a toy?"

"I fell in love." He finished. "With you."

I scoffed and looked at him with my annoyed self. "And you think I'll fall for that?"

"Think about this Naomi." He said while taking a step forward. "If I meant what I said that day about me just using you, wouldn't I have left you astray after we took the picture? Would I have asked you to be my girlfriend after the photoshoot?"

I stared at him speechlessly.

"Would I have even taken the guts to invite you to come for the result day? I didn't invite anyone except you and only you." He finished.

He got me this time. But there were more questions.

"Adam... what of the other girls you took pictures with? What of Keisha who is your friend that you also took naked pictures of? What's going to happen to them?" I shook my head and bit my lips. "This is what I don't like about you boys, you act like every girl doesn't have feelings. We all do. Even the boldest of us all cry."

"Look Naomi this is just about the two of us. Please leave the others out-"

"I bet this is what you say to the other girls too and also point me out as the 'others' right?" I folded my arms. "Look consider the other girls before coming to talk trash to me."

I turned around and made my way to walk away but suddenly he grabbed my elbow from behind.

"Leave me alone Adam." I shrugged off my arm away from him and continue to walk away.

"Naomi please just listen to me out-" he said pulling my elbow again.

"No!" I shrugged my elbow again, this time violently.

He should just go to hell and leave me alone.

He grabbed it again and this time I was going to completely loose it.

"Just leave the girl alone." A voice said in front of us.

I turned my head to see an annoyed Tyler standing there.

Immediately, I removed my elbow from Adam and walked to meet Tyler as Adam stood on his spot.

"She doesn't want you okay?" Tyler added as he glared at Adam. "You've messed up wimp, just admit it and leave her alone."

Adam glared back at Tyler as his veins pop out of his cheekbone.

I hope he doesn't start a fight.

"You're right." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "I will just let her go. For now."

With that he turned around and started walking away without looking back.

"And forever stupid!" Tyler shouted.

Adam doesn't respond as he continue walking away. I stared at Adam's retreating figure. For one moment I don't know why I feel bad for him. He deserves to be treated like this either ways.

"Thanks Tyler." I mumbled and turned my gaze to him.

"Anything for you." He looked at me and grinned. "Just checking to make sure you're okay."

"Tyler you've been making me curious these past few days." I fold my arms and looked at him. "What's going on?"

"I like you." He said straightforward.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Was this some kind of joke?

"I like you, that's it. Really don't know when these feelings came but it's been a while." He shrugged like it was the easiest thing he told me.

I shut my eyes and scoffed. "What of Jamie? Thought you liked her?"

"Never did. Just went to her house on Valentine's Day because I didn't know she was lj237 on that game we played." He said. "Besides she kicked me out of her house that valentine's night the moment I got to the door."

"But you told me you guys made out."

"I lied." He looked at me. "I just wanted to see your reaction."

"My reaction?" I frowned before rolling my eyes. "Why do boys lie?"

"Because that's the only thing we are good at." He replied.

I glared at him.

"Jokes." He snorted. "But if a boy truly cares about a girl, he's got to lie from time to time."

"You're not making sense." I scowled. "It makes it worse."

"I'm telling you the truth it doesn't." He patted his chest. "I'm a guy and I know these stuffs. You put her feelings first before yours and that's the rule."

"Then why did you have to lie about the whole make out thing when it wasn't necessary?"

"I just wanted to see if you'll get jealous."

I shook my head in disbelief. "There's no way I would get jealous when we were enemies."

"We were enemies?" He looked at me confused.

"Yes." I raised an eyebrow at him. Tell me all these while he didn't have any idea. "All those bullying and you think we were friends?"

"I wasn't bullying you because I hated you." He scoffed. "It's because I liked you. Wasn't it that obvious?"

"Not to me." I shook at him and stared at him in dismay. "Look Tyler I like how you're getting along with this but I don't think anything is going to happen between us. I still have quite some feelings for Adam."

He frowned this time and looked disturbed at my statement.

"After everything he did, you're still falling for that?"

"It's not that easy Tyler." I said, this time my throat getting dry.

"It is," He moved closer to me while still looking at me unsettled, "just give me a chance, I'll prove it right."

"Look you're a great guy but I barely know you that much and..." I sighed. "I just can't. Not with you Tyler."

"It's okay." He nodded his head slowly with a straight expression plastered on his face.

"I'm sorry." I looked at him. I was feeling really guilty this time.

I wish this had never happened. Why didn't I see it coming?

"I understand." He looked at me and smiled. "It's not like this is the first time this is happening to me."

"Look Ty-"

"Don't sweat it Naomi." He chuckled. "It's just a little crush, nothing more."

I nodded my head slowly. Yeah a very little crush.

"Come here." He opened his arms to me.

This kept getting weirder. Was he requesting for a hug? Like a whole Tyler Brooks asking for a hug?

I gave a small smile before moving closer to hug him with my arms around his body. Such a miracle it is that I was hugging a whole bully bag Tyler today. Who would have thought something like this would ever happen? I was about releasing myself from him when he held me back.

"Can I tell you one more thing?" He whispered.

I nodded curiously. I hope this was not something way out of the line.

"Forgive him." He said. "It will do you good."

"I can't-" I said getting all worked up.

"Just try." He cut me.

I nodded my head slowly. I hate that he thinks it's that easy for me.

My eyes looked up and gazed through the back of Tyler's shoulder. Someone was watching us from a distance from one of the shops, which was Topshop. It looked like they have been watching us all these while.

I strained my eyes to see who it was before the person quickly caught my eyes and turned into the shop immediately.

And I knew who that was.

It was Keisha.

"Tyler?" I said through his shoulders.

"Mhmm."

"I've got to go." I released myself from him this time. "I've got business to deal with."

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 61

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 385 33
savannah (you) and billie have been friends for as long as you can remember. you don't know this, but she has also been in love with you for as long...
73.2K 3.8K 41
When a laid back and rudely gorgeous city girl comes for her farmer's market crown, Sabina's dream of joining the family honey business is threatened...
3.7K 97 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
179 0 20
Start: May 11, 2024 It's August 10, 2007 the first day of school after summer. Autumn Kasprak and her best friend Kaliyah Doxon are not exactly excit...