Last Shot

By JovenSalvaje

Read to Find Out ;) More

Last Shot (Corahn Lockridge/August Alsina)
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Preview of Revenge
41
42
43
44
45
Coming Soon
August 1st

13

22.7K 718 47
By JovenSalvaje

The next morning, I'd waken up to only see Shawnie and I were the only ones in the room. I figured August was just downstairs or someshit.

Slowly walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth, shower, all that good shit. Which some bitches forget to do every morning. Afterwards, I eent downstairs, To see August wasn't there. I shrugged and decided to make my self a egg, ham, & cheese sandwich.

While scrambling my eggs, August dragged through the front door.

"When you get a key made?" I asked, realizing he just strolled through the door, when I know damn well I ain't give him a key.

"Shawnie used hers to make me a copy," He mumbled yawning walking in the kitchen. I noticed he still had on his clothes from lastnight. A black v neck, Some Levis, and some black vans. It was simple as hell, but he made it work. It looked nice on him to be honest. Just wait til he start pushin' that weight. He ain't gone even wanna wear a simple out fit like that again. I caught myself gawking at his looks, he was so handsome to me. But I didn't too much care for his attitude.

He gone be like the rest of us. I used to wear the same pair of chucks all the time. Shawnie used to wear her friend's shit, Corahn dressed well, Lets not forget he has a hard working mother, and a father who supports him in Cali.

I used to wear the same clothes, over and fucking over. When I turned thirteen or maybe even twelve, I started stealing my shit. I'd only take shit like black jeans, plain blue jeans and a couple hoodies. I didn't get picked on much though, because I quickly learned to stand up for myself, bitches knew that I'd make a house trip.

Yeah I was a bold lil girl. I'd actually walk on your porch, ring your doorbell and tell yo momma, daddy, brother, sister, grandma, grandad, aunt, uncle, whoever to tell you to come outside. Then tell you to square up.

It was a good feeling to whoop somebodys ass on they own property. That phase didn't last long though, Mama beat my ass for a time when I beat some girl ass, and punched her mama. I didn't mean to hit her, she just got in the way. Turns out, my mama knew the lady.

"Where was you?" I asked taking my eggs out the skillet.

"Na I gotta tell you whea' I been?" He said looking at me with his low, Sleepy eyes

"My fault" I laughed shaking my head.

"I start work tomorrow," He said looking at me smiling a little

"That's good, what he got you selling? weed, syrup, pills ..." I trailed off

"Nah. No selling." He furrowed his eye brows

"That's what all rookies do?" I said in Confused manner.

"Tank want me to be a Hitta," My eyes immediately widened.

That wasn't a job for August. A Hita' Is The ones that start off breaking in houses stealing valuables,robbing, Then they'll be killing and torturing people. When I got involved in this shit I made damn sure I stayed far away from that shit.

August wasn't a thief nor a killer. I may not have known him that long, But I know that aint a job for him.

"I don't think you wanna do that." I said shaking my head

"Why?" he asked

"Boy, do you see how you do Shawnie when she cries? You got too much of a heart for that job." I said shrugging

"I think of Shawnie as a friend. I could careless bout a random cryin female."

"Baby boy, so you can easily beat a females ass about a measly 50 bucks?" I asked

"I mea-"

"Or better yet, can you bust one right in a bitch head? Or anybody's head?" I asked throwing a few pieces of Ham in the skillet. He remained silent.

"Them niggas that's assigned as hittas show no mercy. If you in the way yous just a goner." I shook my head. "I'm trynna tell you, you don't want no parts with them niggas. Foreal. Gone fuck around and see some shit that'll make you wish you were blind."

"So what you do?" August asked me

"I drive outta town with Corahn to make trades," I Answered

"Das it?"

"We could be killed, robbed, or if we get pulled over with that type of Weight In the car, We looking at 10-15 years in prison. Unless of course its one of them dirty ass cops Tank be paying." I said taking my ham out the skillet.

"So its cops in the system that work fa tank too?" August asked

"Yeah.. if I was to get caught with weight on me. More than likely one of they dirty asses would get rid of evidence and clear my record. Most of them cops dirty any fucking way. With the law on our side we winning. It's sad but it's true." I said. August noddes

"I think I can handle bein' a hitta tho,"

I fixed my sandwich and took a bite.

"You remind me of a guy I knew named Isaiah. But everyody called him Zay," I smiled.

"And who was this Zay?" August questioned

"He was a bad ass. Always stealing shit, Car jacking, Whole lotta bullshit. He used to babysit me and shawnie when we was like eight and nine. He was about fifteen. Everybody in the hood knew him as a hoodlum. But he was so sweet to me and Shawnie." I smiled thinking of memories with him

August nodded for me to continue.

"He used to cook Ramon noodles for us if was hungry, I know it don't sound like much but, for us it was. He'd play connect 4 With us, Watch them dumb ass cartoons, and let us play in his hair. He took a lot off our bad asses, especially me." I laughed
August chuckled

"He'd only Get paid $5 for watching us while our mama was at work. But he didn't care. He loved us. Zay used to have bad habits though. He enjoyed fighting for some reason, like he used to fight just for fun. Had people placing bets on him and shit when he fought. I remember he sent a nigga to the hospital and was bugging the fuck out like it was seriously funny," I shook my head

"He got into this one fight, really messing this dudes face up. I mean he stomped this dude so bad, Infront if everybody. He went to juvenile for a few months. It seemed to get his act together, He started doing homework, cursing less, fighting rarely. He was doing real good. " I smiled

"What happened to him?" August asked.

"You ever seen menace to society? " I asked

"Yeah, Its a classic. " August nodded

"The dude that he stomped had his older brothers kill him. Atleast thats what everyone says. But Isaiah was a good guy. He was changing. When he seen the car coming and they had guns sticking out the window , He shielded a little girl riding her scooter. Zay caught nine bullets. He was changing, But his choices caught up with him. It was too late." The story always made me sad, because I hated how he was doing so well for himself finally, then he just gets killed ending his life so young.

"Im sorry ta hea' that. But how does he remind you of me?" August Asked

"Cause you have a good heart. You might be a little rough, But you not a killer. Zay wasn't willing to let a bullet hit someone when he knew it was meant for him. What im saying is, don't do it. Cause ya choices just might catch up to you like Zays did."

I took my sandwich and headed back upstairs, leaving August yo sit and think.

As I entered my room, I saw Shawnie rubbing her eyes, obviously just waking up. She said nothing to me. neither did I. I still wanna slap her ass for her being ignorant, but right now I just wanna know if Corahn still mad at me. Im bored, and I don't wanna stay here by myself. Shawnie gone most definitely leave. August will find somewhere to go. But I just don't feel like leaving the house. I called Corahn and it rung two times before his voicemail came through the phone.

"Sorry I couldn't get to the phone, leave a message or call back later. Beep " I rolled my eyes and groaned. This nigga sent me to voicemail.

"Bitch don't send me to voicemail. Call me when you off yo period." I said then hung up. Obviously he still mad. I scrolled pass CeCes Contact, she seems like a cool girl, But I don't know her enough to let her in my house. Next I thought of Anthony. It wouldn't hurt to chill. I was going to text him, But niggas see texts and reply too damn late. I decided to call him.

It rung a few times before he answered

"Poooookaaaa," He sung over the phone.

I smiled at his silliness.

"I ain't think you was gone hit a nigga up," He laughed

"Well I am,"

"What you doing?" He asked

"Just got done eating, laying in my bed bored as fuck. You?"

"Trynna find something to get into for the day. What you got up?" He asked

"Shit. Ima just chill at the house when August and Shawnie leave." I replied

"Yeah the rookie. He got some pussy last night in the basement," Anthony chuckled

"I don't care nigga," I laughed

"But anyways, can I slide through?" He said into the phone

"Yeah, we can chill." I said. I was hoping he'd ask anyways.

"Aight, Ill be over at like ... Its 12 so bout 2:30 or 3."

"alright,bye"

"Bye"

I looked at my PJ's and I definitely didn't wanna have them on when he was around. The basketball shorts, and old faded t shirt didn't look too good.

I decided to put on some nike fitted sweats, Nike tank top, and Nike elite socks. Putting my straight hair in a messy bun. I was starting to miss my big curly hair. After an hour, Shawnie was getting ready to go somewhere.

Ain't no telling where. All I know is a white range rover pulled up, and she got in. Approximately 40 minutes after she left, August left to I'm guessing Tanks house. Or maybe a broads house. I sat downstairs waiting on Anthony. I really wanted to catch up with him. At 2:27 I saw Anthony park in the drive way and get out his car. When I opened the door he gave me a nice warm smile and a hug. I instantly smelled his polo cologne.

"So you just chilling all by ya self? No corahn?" He smiled sitting on the couch

"Nah not today." I answered sitting at the other end of the couch

"He still pissed at you?"

"Shit, I guess." I shrugged

"Sounds like dude got feelings for you to me." Anthony said

"Nah, he loves me as a best friend only."

"I diagree."

"So? I don't care how yo ugly ass feel about me and his friendship." I shrugged

That's one thing that annoys me about his ass. He always think his opinion matters.

"Bring yo lil ass here, so I can pop you in ya mouth" he said laughing

I rolled my eyes and cracked a smile. He's probably the only one who isn't quick to get offended about my mouth, besides corahn.

"Anyways, if my nigga do got feelings for you, he better put em aside. Cause lil Ace is all mines." He smirked biting his lip

"shut yo cocky ass up." I said trying not to smile.

"where yo moms?" He asked.

"My Aunts house" I answered
I didn't feel like telling him about my mama.We sat silent for a while watching One of Rkellys performances on Vh1. He began to sing Slow dance

"Remember they played this at the school dance ? We danced to the whole song together" he smiled

"Yeah, I still love me some R kelly." I said

"Why you all the way down there, come sit on daddy's lap" he said patting his lap.

"I'm fine where I am" I said looking directly at the tv screen .

"If you do get yo ass down here, ima come down there."

I still sat still. He got up and blocked my view to the television.

"Move Anthony,"

He quickly picked me up from of the couch and dropped me on the floor, but not too hard. He got on top of me and pinned my hands above my head
I started laughing

"You know wassup. Say 'daddy it's yours' and I'll let you up. "

"Nah." I laughed

"Fine. I like this position anyway." I realized he was already between my legs.

"You nasty as hell," I groaned as My phone began to vibrate.

"Lemme get my phone ant ."

"They can wait."

"It's yours ant." I mumbled giving up.

"I'll accept that weak shit for now."
He got up and I quickly answered my phone , it was corahn

"Hello?" I answered

"You better chill out with that bitch word." He snarled
I got up and went to the kitchen to get myself a Mountain Dew.

"You shouldn't have sent me to voice mail." I said bending over to grab the can of soda.

"What did you want?"

Before I could answer a strong sting went through my ass. I turned around and glared at a cheering Anthony

"Ant will you fucking sit yo ass down somewhere! " I yelled

"Anthony over there?" Corahn asked

"Yeah. I wanted you to come over but-

"Yeah aight, I'm on my way."

Before I could respond he hung up. Well, let's see how this goes.

Comments & votes are appreciated

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 4.7K 26
READ TO FIND OUT
TRUTH By beautiful224

General Fiction

210 2 10
Read it and find out
14.9K 163 64
read to find out.
193K 4.3K 25
Read to find out