In Your Dreams // phan

By GypsyRover

Dan Howell never wanted dreams. Because dreams meant he met his soulmate, and meeting his soulmate meant doom... More

p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
e p i l o g u e
out now: Special Boy

s e v e n

4.9K 369 400
By GypsyRover

I swear to God I just saw someone eating cat food. I sent the message as I stepped out of my car, slamming the door, worry eating away at my thoughts as I considered why he wasn't texting me back. Am I annoying him? Does he really not want to talk to me? I should probably take a hint, but I couldn't bring myself to stop reaching out to him.

"Phil, buddy, how was your holiday?" PJ's voice came from behind me. I turned, getting out of the way of the rest of the flow of kids behind me, leaving the parking lot as quickly as they could and grouping up outside the locked school, reuniting after the long break.

"It was... eventful." I nodded after giving both him and my other good friend, Chris, fist bumps and high fives. PJ raised his eyebrows and Chris hit my shoulder.

"How so?" Chris asked. I felt a smile creep onto my face at the mere thought of Dan. I bit my lower lip.

"You'll never believe it." I mumbled, the thrum of the crowd shifting toward the newly opened doors of the school. We hiked our backpacks further up onto our shoulders and followed everyone in. "I got a new bike. Found an amazing new coffee shop. Oh," I added, stopping in line in front of the main office, waiting for our new timetables as Chris and PJ hung onto my every word. "I also met my soulmate." PJ and Chris were silent for a second, and I turned to them with a concerned look.

They enveloped me in a hug at the same time, excited squeals in each of my ears.

"That's amazing!" They said, patting me on my back and grinning, both squeezing me tight. I laughed and hugged them back.

"What're they like?" Chris asked, pulling away, clapping me on the shoulder. I thanked the woman who handed me my schedule and checked it against PJ's and Chris'.

"English, and Acting." PJ confirmed. Chris frowned.

"Only Calculus. Oh, and Creative Writing with you, PJ." We shuffled out of the office, pushing past the rest of the students eagerly chatting in line.

"Well?" Chris asked. I blinked, turning back to him from the crowd I was observing, searching for just a glimpse of brown hair or sparkling eyes or that dazzling smile.

"What?"

"What are they like?" Chris asked again, rolling his eyes.

"This is like, the biggest thing that's ever happened to you." PJ added, snapping his fingers in front of my face. I grinned apologetically.

"Yeah. He goes here. I was trying to find him." PJ nodded knowingly, dropping his backpack next to his locker. Chris and I stopped for him, our lockers being in a different hallway. He twiddled with the lock and yanked it open.

"Philip, please." PJ begged, pulling his book off the top shelf and slamming the door. "What does he look like?" The warning bell rang over the loudspeaker and I shrugged apologetically.

"I'll tell you later. I've got to get to History." I grasped my backpack and slung it over my shoulder, joining the river of students.

"We still on for tonight at yours?" PJ called.

"Of course!" He said something else but I couldn't hear him over the chatter of the students around me. I swept into my classroom as quickly as I could, and tried to sit still while the professor yammered on about something very unimportant.

Hey, they moved the time tables to the attendance office just in case you missed it. I texted Dan, taking a break from day dreaming after the secretary made the announcement. I shut off my phone and tucked it away, telling myself I could not text him any more. He obviously wasn't coming. He obviously hated me.

"Mr. Lester, if you're done texting, perhaps you'd like to participate?" Mrs. Campbell snapped, crossing her arms. I shut my eyes quickly, and looked up.

"Sorry, ma'am, what was the question?" She sighed.

History seemed to take thousands of years to pass, but it finally did, and the bell rang. My bags were packed in seconds and my textbook slammed shut.

"If you'd like to stay behind, Phil, I'd like to talk to you." Mrs. Campbell asked as I tried to hand her my book and sneak out. I cringed, but quickly turned to her with a smile as she set the stack of books on her desk, dragging the eraser across the whiteboard.

"You're one of my best students, Lester. You've always been so interested in history. Has something happened? Family trouble?" I pressed my lips into a tight line as I thought about what I should tell her.

"Well, I met my soulmate yesterday. And he goes to this school. And I wanted to see him." Mrs. Campbell nodded knowingly, gesturing in the small clump of students waiting outside of the door.

"Well, congratulations. This is a big moment for you." I mumbled a thank you and made to leave. "But no one is worth sacrificing your education for. Or your well being. Even your soulmate. Understand?" I nodded, not turning back to face her. "That's all. Congratulations, again." I said thank you again and jogged into the hallway, trying to make it to my next class on time.

"Dude, where were you?" PJ asked in relief as I took my seat behind him in English, out of breath and flustered.

"Campbell... gave me a talk." I told him, resting my head on my desk as the bell rang. I took one more deep breath as the professor got up and began to take roll.

"So? I'm on the edge of my seat." PJ leant backward to talk to me. I raised an eyebrow.

"About what?" I questioned, raising my hand and calling present! as the professor called my name.

"Your soulmate. What's he like?" PJ turned around in his seat now. "Here." He grumbled as his name was called.

"Well, he's gorgeous." I started, trying to remember everything about him. His face flashed into my mind, filling me with warmth. I grinned. "He has an amazing smile and the cutest dimples. And..." I looked up as the door slammed shut. "And he's right behind you." My heart was bursting as I saw Dan enter the classroom, schedule clutched in hand.

"Sorry I'm late." He mumbled to the teacher, running his hand through his hair nervously. He glanced up at me, a smile dawning on his face as though against his wishes. I was too happy to see him to notice the chorus of whispers around me.

"Is that..?"

"...Dan Howell..."

"I thought he moved..."

"I thought he was dead..."

"I'm sorry, I don't recognise you." The teacher raised his eyebrows. "Are you new?" Dan took a shaky breath.

"Not really. Not exactly." He quickly lowered his head and headed for the back of the classroom, the one open seat, passing by my desk. I reached out and took his hand. He tried not to look at me.

"Hey," I breathed. He grinned slightly.

"Hey." He whispered back, pulling away from my grip and taking his seat.

"Your soulmate is Dan Howell?" PJ asked, incredulously.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

870K 36.4K 77
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
584K 29.9K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
51.1K 992 8
Danganronpa FanFic After being trapped inside a school for almost 3 days and being forced to play a killing game, the stress and pressure is startin...