Eccentric|| Yuri On Ice x rea...

By TranquilNinja

"The way she moves is astonishing!" "She's like a whimsical flower in the wind." "Her performance is truly... More

History Maker
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
You Only Live Once

Chapter 15

11.2K 367 315
By TranquilNinja

Moscow Russia

The airport was busy. Planes were taking off and landing. Yurio walked with his hands in his pockets through the airport with Lilia, Yakov, and Mila.

"Look! Yakov's team is here!" Someone exclaimed. Yurio's eyes widened. Several girls held up signs and wore cat ears.

"Yuratchka!"

"Yuri!"

"Mila, watch my luggage," Yurio said. He pulled his hood down more.

"Huh?" When she turned around, Yurio was gone. "Oh. Coach Yakov, Yuri's disappeared."

"Oh, yeah. His family in Moscow's coming to pick him up," Yakov explained.

~*~

Yurio walked out of the airport.

'My name is Yuri Plisetsky. In my senior debut, I'm aiming for number one in the world. I'm the ice tiger of Russia.' Yurio heard a car door shut.

"Oh, Yuri!" An older man called. Yurio ran toward him and wrapped his body around him giving the man a tight hug.

"Grandpa!" There was a crack then Yurio's grandfather was on the ground holding his back. "S-sorry," Yurio apologized. "I forgot you had a bad back."

~*~

"Yuri, I made my usual pirozhkis for you," his gradfather said. Yurio took a bite of the food.

"Grandpa, have you ever had a pork cutlet bowl?"

"Pork cutlet bowl?"

"I had them back in Japan. A girl I met made them and they're really tasty!" Yurio's grandfather didn't say anything for a minute, only focusing on the road as he drove.

"Are the pirozhkis not very good?"

"No, that's not what I meant."

"And who's this girl? Is she cute?"

"N-no. I-I mean yes. I mean, she friend."

"Our national hero, Viktor Nikiforov, has returned to Russia as a coach in the Figure Skating Grand Prix Series," said the person on the radio. Yurio took another bite of the pirozhki not saying anything.

~*~

At Star Hotel

"How do you feel about returning to Russia?" A reporter asked.

"When will you return to skating?"

"Until the Grand Prix Final is over, I won't comment on any future plans," Viktor answered. He wore a pair of black sunglasses and held a cup of coffee in his hand. "Right now, I see a lot of potential in Katsuki Yūri's skating." Yurio who was walking by stopped to listen. "I'd like you all to focus on Yūri at the Rostelecom Cup."

'I'm in it too!' Yurio thought angrily.

"If the skater Yūri has that much charisma, don't you want to face him as a fellow competitor?" A female reporter asked. Viktor didn't say anthing. He then pointed at Yurio.

"Hey, it's Yurio!"

Yurio tensed in fear. "He's right!"

"It's Yuri Plisetsky!"

Viktor took off his sunglasses and gave Yurio a side hug, much to the teen's dismay. "Did you all see the short progam I put together for Yurio?" Yurio smacked the coffee out of Viktor's hand. It spilled on the floor.

"Quit acting like you're still the top Russian figure skater. I'm the star of this event!" Viktor just smiled.

~*~

Yūri pressed the up button on the elevator. Another male walked up and waited as well. 'Oh, it's Seung Gil Lee from Korea. Unlike the Cup of China, there's no one here I'm friendly with...'

The elevator doors slid open with a ding. Three people were already inside.

"If you want to date my little sister, you'll have to beat me first!" A male shouted. He held a girl with black hair close to him. The other male leaned against the wall smiling.

"Sorry, sorry."

"Mickey. Stop, we're just going out for a bite," the girl said.

"Oh? Sara's leagues above any other woman, idiot!" Mickey stated. Sara looked over noticing Yūri and Seung Gil.

"Hi, Yūri." Sara smiled. "Hi Seung Gil. Do you want to come with-"

"No." Seung Gil headed for the elevator .

"Hey!" Sara exclaimed. "If you're turning a lady down, can't you be more considerate?"

"Do I get any benefit out of being friendly with you?" Seung Gil asked.

"What?"

"Hey!" Mickey shouted. "How do dare you speak that way to Sara?!" Yūri snuck off heading for a different elevator. Luckily, it opened quickly. "Want a smackdown?!"

"Could you step aside?"

"Huh?!"

Before the elevator could close completely, someone held it open with their foot. "Why are you sneaking around?" Yurio asked.

"Yurio...Good to see you again."

The two stood silently waiting for the elevator to arrive to their respective floors. "Um, good luck to both of us in the Rostelecom Cup," Yūri said awkwardly.

"Huh? You'll suffer a miserable defeat here in Moscow," Yurio stated with a glare. "I'm going to have Viktor stay in Russia." Yūri could only smile.

'Right...If I can't rank higher than fourth in this event, I won't make it to the Grand Prix Final. And if I don't, what will Viktor do? What will Y/n do as well? Wait, now that I think about it, where has she been?'

~*~

"Shit...I'm going to hell," Y/n thought scrolling through her phone. She curled up in the comforter of the hotel bed hiding under the sheets. "Note to self, next time Jimin sends you something, don't open it...Sangwoo, I hope your ass finds a jail cell real soon."

~*~

"The Men's Singles Short Program event is about to start here in Moscow. After the series fifth event, the Trophée de France, the current rankings are as follows

1 Otakbek Altin (qualifier for final)

2 Christophe Giacometti (qualifer for final)

3 Phichit Chulanot

4 Jean-Jacques Leroy

5 Yuri Plisetsky

6 Katsuki Yūri

7 Michele Crispino

8 Emil Nekola

9 Seung Gil Lee

"Only the top six skaters will compete in the Grand Prix Final. Currently, only two are confirmed qualifiers. One is Otabek Altin of Kazakstan, who placed second in Skate America, and then won the NHK Trophy as a dark horse. The other is Chrisophe Giacometti, who placed third in the Cup of China and first at the Trophée de France.

The last four spots in the Final will be fought over by the following skaters. Canada's Jean-Jacques Leroy, who's on a roll after winning on his home turf at Skate Canada.

Korea's Seung Gil Lee, a newcommer to the Grand Prix Series who made great strides by placing second in the NHK Trophy.

Michele Crispino of Italy, here today with his sister, Sara, after placing third in the NHK Trophy.

Emil Nekola, a rising star from the Czech Republic, who took third at Skate Canada.

Russia's own Yuri Plisetsky, who made a brilliant senior debut with a second-place finish at Skate Canada.

And finally, Japan's Katsuki Yūri, who placed second in the Cup of China. He'll be skating in the final group.

The Rostelecom Cup results will also determine whether Thailand's Phichit Chulanot will advance to the Grand Prix Final." Phichit sweated nervously as he watched the event live from his phone.

~*~

"Ugh, I'm getting disconnected from the livestream!" Minako complained. "I should've gone to Russia."

"You three, go to sleep already!" Yuko scolded.

"No!"

"I want to see it!

"I want to see it live!"

~*~

"Group One's six minute warm-up has ended."

"Seung Gil, are you listening to me?" His coach asked. "Everything you do is for Pyeongchang. What you should be focused on right now is..." Seung Gil turned around. "Seung Gil!"

"Seung Gil Lee of Korea, age 20."

"Ha Ha! He has to call me Noona!" Y/n exclaimed. Viktor and Yūri looked at her wierdly. Y/n laughed sheepishly. "Sorry. It's a Korean thing. I'm just kinda excited that another Korean skater is competing." Y/n instantly regreted it seeing the look on Yūri's face. "B-but d-don't worry Yūri. First and foremost, I'll cheer for you!"

"In his first event. the NHK Trophy, he drove the crowd ild by skating to this music, "Almavivo." Seung Gil's music was very fast and upbeat."The first jump will be a quad. So far in the world, only Seung Gil Lee has landed this jump in competition." Seung Gil did his first jump landing it flawlessly.

"A quadruple loop! Sucess! The base value is 12.0. Seung Gil Lee's theme this season is "greed." He said he'd like to approach the season with a different masculine sex appeal than before."

Minako finally got the event to connect on her computer. Her cheeks tinted pink. "His theme's similar to Yuuri's. Talk about sex appeal inflation."

"Overflowing..."

"...masculine..."

"...sex appeal!" The triplets whispered hiding under a blanket together while watching the event.

"Even with the quadruple loop under his belt, with the arsenal necessary to compete on the world stage, Seung Gil still wants to break new ground and personally requested to skate a mambo. A triple axel." Seung Gil couldn't land the jump. He quickly got back up. "Oh, he fell!"

'I had enough rotation. The jump was in the second half. So I get a 1.1 multiplier, which means a 9.35 with a deduction of 1.'

"A triple Lutz, triple toe loop. No mistakes there!" The audience cheered.

'With a 1.1 multiplier, that got me 11.11 points. Now the final element, a step sequence...'

"What a passionate step sequence! His polished execution should be well-recieved by the judges.'

Through the step-sequence, the upbeat music kept the audience drawn in. Seung Gil fit the moves to match the tone of the song.

"His face is expressionless, but his steps are out of this world," Minako stated.

"He's evolved even further sine the NHK Trophy!" Axel and Loop had take out their cellphones.

"Wow!"

Seung Gil finished the performance causing the audience to errupt into cheers.

"That's a hard act to follow..." Emil said. Sara smiled while her brother looked like he was about to hit Emil.

"Yeah right. I've never seen you nervous."

"That was hot!" Sara exclaimed.

Emil smiled. He held a thumbs up to the siblings. "Mickey! Sara! Let's all go to Barcelona!"

"Seung Gil Lee's score is 91.83, a personal best. He's currently in first place! Next up is Emil Nekola of the Czech Republic, age 18."

Several reporters gathered around Seung Gil for interviews. "Cheers from the crowd never affect my performance," the korean male said. His attention then turned hearning the audience's loud cheers for Emil who landed a jump.

"He sure can jump," Mickey said. "But if his performance is lackluster..."

"Is it?" Sara questioned. 'Once Mickey's done, it's almost time for Group Two.'

"Did you all hear that?" Jean-Jacques asked. "Emil landed a quadruple loop too. Applause!" Viktor stood with a blank expression arms crossed. Yūri took out his earbuds.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I didn't catch that."

"Viktor did the same jump in last year's exhibition." Jean walked over to Viktor. "I want to see that again!"

"I don't recall."

"Aww."

"Yurio...yurio...yuri... Yuratchka, don't ignore me," Y/n repeatedly tried to get the young boy's attention. She squeezed him in a suffocating hug. "Awe! Come on Yurio, don't be like that! I know you missed me. Who wouldn't?"

"Let go of me!"

"Awe! I'll just have to hug you tighter until you admit you missed me." Yurio kicked and trashed in her vice lock grasp. "I have an older brother who'll do stupid things. You'll have to try harder than that."

"Y/n, can I ask a question?" Yūri asked. 

"You just did but go ahead." Y/n shifted her hold on Yurio so he couldn't get away.

"Where did you get that cake and why do you have it?" Y/n almost forgot about the slices of cake she brought before the event.

"Oh yeah. This is my first time in Russia, and the first thing I do before going to a new country is look up restaurants a places for dessert. Yurio~ if you admit you missed me, I'll give you piece."

"I can't eat that before a performance!"

"Emil Nekola's score is 82.43." Emil waved eagerly to the crowd. "He's currently in second place."

"Mickey, you'll one-up me now, right?" Emil asked giving a thumbs up. Mickey gave Sara's hand a kiss before his performance. "Mickey, hey! Sara!"

"Next is Michele Crispino of Italy. His sister, Sara, is also here for support. He will skate to "L' Homme Armé" from the movie 'Destiny of Knights.'"

'See my chivalry, Sara!"

Mickey landed his first jump, a triple axel, flawlessly. "Mickey!" Sara cheered.

'I've defeated every single man who's tried to approach Sara so far. I want to skate with Sara forever! My love will take a back seat to no man!"

"A quadruple salchow." Mickey missed the jump. "Ah, he fell."

'Sara... I don't want you feeling down because of me when your short program is coming up! As your older brother, and as a man... only my love, the kind that doesn't rely on physical love, can protect Sara as a lady!'

"The next jump combination is a triple lutz, triple toe loop."

"Oh, no way..." Sara thought.

"The combination turned into a triple lutz, triple loop!" Sara covered her mouth in shock. "That combination has a very high difficulty. Among active skaters, only his sister, Sara Crispino, attempts this combination. Wow, what a surprise!"

'Sara... I'm sure you'll be able to jump that combination like I just did! Don't worry. We'll always be together.' The audience applauded loudly. The other skaters were watching.

"Mickey has to reach a place where he can win without my being around," Sara thought. Mickey skated over.

"Sara!" The two hugged.

"Mickey!" 'If someting doesn't change, both of us will go down.'

Viktor laced up Yūri's skates. Y/n messed with his hair until she was please with the way it looked. Yūri looked at the two with a determined look.

"Michele Crispino's score is 89.65. He's currently in second place."

Yurio waited by the entrance. "Grandpa, you're not coming?"

A/n
...
...
I realize now how long it takes for me to freaking make a chapter. My computer was fully charged, now it's almost dead. This took almost three hours. Where I live, it's almost 2 o' clock.

I want to update again really bad. I love writing this story and thank you all. This book has read 50k reads.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 4K 24
Your a ice skating prodigy, but no one really knows about you cause you live in a small not well known city in Russia. Out of the blue one day you ge...
156K 10.5K 59
Yuri Katsuki hated all of himself. From his weight to his uncontrollable embarrassment; he couldn't stand any of it. And no matter how many times his...
29.4K 1.7K 10
This is Part II of my other book, Comeback. I strongly recommend you read the first book, COMEBACK, before reading this one. ❄️ This story features y...
65.7K 1.9K 13
27 year-old (Y/N) was heartbroken when she heard Viktor Nikiforov was retireing. But what happens when she suddenly meets him?What happens when Vickt...