Devil May Cry ✔

Von petra_the_first

She was the angel and I was the devil. I knew better than to fall for a good girl like her but something abo... Mehr

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
32Something Doesn't Feel Right
33A Talk In Private
34 Taking Decisions And Bossing The Boss
35 Maybe A Little Too Fast
36 Mysterious Vacation
37 Didn't Change
38 Morning Kisses
39 Let's Go
40 Why So Soon?
41 Quite A Night
42 Coffee Sounds Perfect
43 Do You Want Some Icecream?
44 Hiring The Best
45 Want You
46 Please Be Okay
47 Thank You
48 Promotions
49 Second Chances
50 Reunite
51 Something More
52 Here It Goes
53 Emergencies
54 Letting It Out
55 The Best Memories
56 Introducing
57 Why To Care Anymore?
58 Last Day's Events
59 Am I Crazy?
60 A Long Night Shift
61 Lunch And Dinner
62 Where Is He?
64 Mini-Feelings
65 It's About Time
66 Closer Together
67More Than Enough
68Three Am Confessions
69 Again
70 At The Airport
71And So It Begins
72 Not Over Yet
73 You Have My Word
74Wondering Minds
75 Breakouts
76 Reminisce
77 Please
78 Gone
79 Killed Twice
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
What The Characters Look Like
Other Books
Author's Note
Sneak Peak

63 Well That's New

215 13 5
Von petra_the_first

"I'm so excited to meet Dylan's family." Claire said.

"You'll love them,they're amazing." I replied keeping my eyes on the road as I drove to the location Dylan and I agreed to meet with his family.

"They seem like it."

"I'm sure you'll have a lot of things to talk to with Ivy,she's a dietitian. You can both sit down and annoy the heck out of us with your health facts."

"Har har." she replied sarcastically.

"Adam stop kicking my seat." Claire ordered her child who was sitting in the backseat.

"But I'm so bored." Adam whined.

"We're almost there." I said.

I made a turn and after two minutes we finally arrived to the resturant. Claire,Adam,and I went to find Dylan and his family. We found them sitting in the outdoor section where there was a beautiful view that over looked it.

Dylan stood up and smiled when he saw me. "Hey." he greeted and kissed me.

"Hi." I smiled back and then greeted the rest of the family.

"This is Claire," I introduced them. "She's my best friend well I consider her as my sister."

"Hello." Claire smiled. They all said their hello's to her and shook hands.

"Who's this adorable boy over here?" Ivy smiled looking down at Adam.

"This is Adam,my son." the mother answered.

"Hello Adam. I'm Ivy."

"Nice to meet you." the eight year old replied politely. Ivy knelt down and kissed his cheek. We all sat down after that and chatted. The waiter came afterwards and took our order.

"Anything else?" the waiter asked.

"Yes,I'll have a hamburger with a coke,please." Luca appeared suddenly. Crap. I forgot to tell Claire that he's coming too. I looked at her to find that her eyeballs are going to pop out of her skull.

"What is he doing here?" she whispered angrily.

"I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that he's coming too." I whispered back.

She closed her eyes a little bit and inhaled deeply then exhaled slowly.

"Hey Luca." Dylan stood up and shook his hand,friendly.

"Hey Dylan. Sup everyone?" Luca smiled.

He sat beside Claire at the end of the table.

"Hi doc." he smiled at her.

"Hello." she answered stiffly not looking at him. Luca looked over Claire and his eyes landes on Adam.

"Wha-is this your son?" he asked, surprised. Her breathing suddenly became uneven.

"Yes." the words came out of her,hardly.

"Awesome! Hi Adam!"

"Hello." Adam answered.

"So Luca how are you?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"I'm great. How about you?"

"Great."

The food was served after minutes and we all digged in. Luca like always started cracking lame jokes and to my surprise Adam loved them. He was laughing at every single one of them. He and Luca got along pretty well and they kept messing around like small children.

After our early dinner it was already six o'clock so we decided to go back to Dylan's mansion. Claire,Adam,Ivy,and I piled in my car. Luca and Ivon went by the assistant's car. While Dylan and his parents drove back in Dylan's car.

We all arrived to the mansion and headed inside. The living room was filled with amazing people,talking,laughing,arguing,and remembering the old days.

Dylan was hugging me from the side as I rested my head on his chest listening to the family as they told their stories.

"Want to go outside for a sec?" Dylan whispered. I nodded my head and then got up and walked with him to the garden. The sky was starry and there was a soft breezing blowing. It was a quiet night. We walked around the garden no need to talk,or say anything. The silence was beautiful.

"Thank you." he suddenly said. I stopped walking and looked at him frowing in confusion.

"For what?" I asked.

"For finding my family,for changing my life,for loving me with all my flaws and mistakes,for giving me a chance. Thank you."

Everytime he speaks it makes me speechless but sometimes there's no need to talk,no need to speak,sometimes it is better to stay silent and let the eyes talk instead of your tongues. And that's exactly what was happening now. Dylan and I stared in each others eyes. We didn't speak we just looked.

I was looking at those bullet like eyes but all I was seeing is my future in them. I saw myself,I saw us,I saw our lives. It is ironic how an angel and a devil can be so alike,how bad can fall for the good,and how good can affect the bad.

All my thoughts were pushed aside as Dylan began leaning in. My lips reached out for his and soon they met and started moving in perfect sync.

"I love you,devil." I said when I pulled away.

He smiled and then replied,"I love you too,angel." These words,to me,were the price of all the gold in the world.

***

"Ms Morr,Mr Hunter told me to give you these." Ivon said handing me the papers.

"Thank you Ivon. Anything else?" I smiled.

"Not at all."

"Okay." my smile turned into a small chuckle. For the past three days Dylan was bringing Ivon with him to the company so he can help him. He taught him everything and gave him all kinds of advices in the business field. Ivon was so happy with everything and handled every task given to him perfectly and with full responsibility.

I loved how they were able to bond with such flexibility. They made a good time too.

Dylan's family is going to fly back to their house this Friday which mean they still have two days here in Los Angeles. I was sad that they're leaving. I really grew attached to them but they have to go and besides we can visit anytime.

I went back to my office and proceeded with work.

Claire's POV:

"Just take these pills and you'll do just fine." I smiled at the old man.

"Okay,thank you doctor." his horsed voiced said.

"You're welcome."

I left the room and walked through the hallway it was about to be lunch time and I could use some break.

"Hi doc." Luca popped. I swear this dude is like a ninja.

"Hello Luca." I answered and as always dryly.

"Want to catch lunch with me?"

"Of course not."

"Oh come on. Why do you keep turning me down?"

"Because you're annoying and I don't like you."

"Just one lunch. I promise."

"No."

"I won't say any jokes for the rest of the day."

I stopped walking and thought for a moment,a day without Luca's jokes. Seems tempting.

"Fine. But you can't say a single joke."

"Okay! I won't," he said enthusiatically. "See you on the break." and then he hurried away. I smiled and shook my head as I watched him leave. Smiling? Why am I smiling? Stop it Claire! Don't let your gaurds down.

Apparently,Luca didn't want to have lunch in the hospital's caféteria but outside. We changed out clothes and headed outside. There was a small snack shop around the corner so we walked there and ordered fast food.

"So," he began and then swallowed. "Why do you hate men that much?"

"That doesn't concern you."

"I don't get it. Guys aren't that bad."

"Yes,they are. You're all selfish bastards."

"That's not what you think of Dylan."

"Dylan is a different case."

"Okay,ouch. I'm different too!"

"Sure you are." I agreed sarcastically.

"You know it doesn't kill you to be nice."

"I am nice!"

"Sure you are." he copied me.

"Copycat."

"Copycat? What are you five?" Luca chuckled.

"Shut up." I spoke trying to hide my smile.

"Is that a smile?! The great Doctor Claire Houston smiled?!" Luca spoke with a fake shock.

"And you wonder why I hate you." I took a bit of my food as I mentally rolled my eyes.

"We both know you don't like me."

"No,I'm pretty sure I do."

"You love me."

"Yeah and the sky's color is red." I chuckled sarcastically.

"It can be if you used your imagintion. Anything is possible."

"You're quite a dreamer,Luca."

"You say it like it's a bad thing."

"Sometimes it is. Big dreams,and false hopes sometimes are bad for the person."

"If I didn't have big dreams,I would have never left the gang,got into college,and had lunch with you."

I looked at him for a short while and then continued eating.

"Will you go out with me?"

I choked on the food as I heard his words and coughed.

"Shit,I didn't mean to do that." Luca said as I managed to swallow my food again. He handed me some coke and I drank it.

"I should go." I said as I cleaned my mouth and hands with the napkin. I exited the place as fast as possible and began walking back to the hospital.

"Doc,wait up! Claire!" Luca stopped me by grabbing my forearm,as soon as his hand made contact with mine I felt that zap again and my heart skipped a beat.

"Luca please let me go." I spoke trying to calm myself.

"Listen,I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you off."

"Our relationship should be formal and professional."

"But I don't want it to be this way."

I was shocked when he said that.

"Claire,when I saw you back in San Francisco I found you very attractive and I honestly had a crush on you. I thought it was stupid and would probably fade away but it didn't. I couldn't get you out of my head. Maybe what I feel for you is just a crush and it wouldn't last long but I can't help not to feel it. I asked you out because I want to know what my feelings towards you are."

"And then what throw me like I'm a used toy when you're done?" I asked bitterly.

"No of course not! Claire I really like you and I want do anything that would hurt you. I swear."

"Isn't it funny that you all say that and then do exactly the opposite of it?"

"I don't know what happened to you that made you hate guys so much or who is this asshole that affected you but know that I'm not like him. Let me prove that to you. Let me prove you that I'm not like the guys you've known."

"Luca you don't understand-"

"Because you never explain anything to me!"

"Because I can't!" I yelled. "I can't." I whispered.

Luca placed his hands on both of my forearms. "Go out with me on a date. I promise you want regret it. And you can leave anytime you want if you don't like it and I promise I won't bug you again. Please just give me a chance."

I thought for a while. "Give me time to think."

"Okay,take as much time as you."

I didn't know what to say afterwards.

"Lunch break is almost over." Luca mentioned.

"Let's go back." We didn't utter another word when we walked back to the hospital,but the silence wasn't that awkward.

***

Dylan's family left Los Angeles an hour ago,I'm going to miss them. They're very sweet people. Angy went back with Dylan to his house while I came back home. I was sitting in the living room debating whether or not call him or not. Should I go out with Luca? Am I ready for this? What about Adam? This has been on my mind ever since he asked me about,on Wednesday.

I sighed and looked at my phone. Fuck it.

I dialed Luca's number and with a hammering heart waited for him to pick up. To my surprise he answered quickly.

"Hello?" his voice came out loud and clear.

"Hi,umm Luca this is Doctor Hou-Claire."

"I know. I got your number saved."

"How did you-forget it I didn't call for that."

"Why did you call then?"

"I was thinking about what you said and..."

"And?"

"And I thought that why not?"

"So is this a yes?"

"It's a maybe."

"Great. I'll pick you up tomorrow at eleven am."

"Wait,what?!"

"Tomorrow eleven am,be ready."

"Why this early?"

"Because it's a surprise. See you tomorrow."

"Bu-" I was cut my him hanging up. I sat staring at nothing in particular. What just happened?

You called Luca and know you have a date with him. The voice in my head answered. No shit Sherlock. I thought sarcastically.

Guess I have a date tomorrow.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

571 165 21
The teenage period is usually not always easy. You make mistakes, you learn from them. It's like a moulding phase towards adulthood, which tends to b...
I'm Drowning Von Cas

Jugendliteratur

37 0 7
Dan is suffering. Torn apart from the stress of his father and school, he tries to take his life. The feeling of freedom is foreign to him being forc...
Detachable Von Dina Parks

Mystery / Thriller

205 14 25
Losing someone or something is not a choice or something it's predicted. It just happens. You cannot know when it will happen. The worst part of it a...