The Geek and The Girl ➸ Baekh...

By sangsterswag

"I'm the geek, and you're the girl. It could never work." Byun Baekhyun; the schools geek. Y/L/N Y/N; the sc... More

||Prolouge||
||One||
||Two||
||Three||
||Four||
||Five||
||Six||
||Eight||
||Nine||
||Ten||
||Eleven||
||Twelve||
||Thirteen||
||Fourteen||
||Fifteen||
||Sixteen||
||Seventeen||
||Eighteen||
||Nineteen||
||Twenty||
||Twenty One||
||Twenty Two||
||Twenty Three||
||Twenty Four||
||Twenty Five||
100k
Continuing?

||Seven||

12.1K 475 513
By sangsterswag

|Y/N Y/L/N|

"So how are we gonna do this?" I asked Baekhyun, staring at his handsome face. Why do I keep saying these things?

Gosh, I can't believe we used to be best friends. I wonder if I thought he was cute back then...

"Our project." He started saying. "I'm going to show who you really are through our project."

"You mean the partner research one?"

"Well what other one." He snorted.

"Yea yea ok. But how? Just writing stuff isn't gonna show people.." I frowned.

"That's why, we are going to do video tapes." He smiled.

"So we video tape each other? Like an everyday kind of thing, or-?"

"Precisely. I guess your gonna be stuck hanging out with me for a few weeks."

Maybe...this was a chance to help build our friendship we apparently had when we were younger. This was a chance to show people the real me, a chance to show Baekhyun.

I smiled happily, and suddenly did something I didn't expect myself to do.

I hugged him.

~

|Byun Baekhyun|

Y/N smiled widely, and suddenly she wrapped her arms around me, placing her head on my shoulder.

"Thank you." She said softly, and I felt heat spread to my cheeks at the sudden contact, but slowly wrapped my arms around her as well.

Someone coughed and I immediately let go of her.

"Well we should get going. Catch ya later Y/N/N." Namjoon said, giving
Y/N a side hug.  The other boy's did aswell, and all walked off leaving Y/N and I alone.

"So...what's your number?" I asked shyly, and coughed. "Only because I need it for you know to contact you about the project."

And because I want to talk to you more.

She laughed. "I gave it to you at the café remember? I wrote it on your hand."

Oh right. I am an idiot.

"Aha right." I scratched the back of my hand.

"You washed your hand didn't you? and forgot about it?"

I shook my head. "No..I just never texted you."

"Oh. Why not?" Y/N pouted, and god damn was it adorable.

Wait...I didn't just say she was adorable right?

I don't like her.

Yes I do.

I hate her.

No I cant.

She forgot about me.

It wasn't her fault.

She didn't try hard enough to remember me.

She was blinded by Ying.

"Baekhyun?" Y/N's soft voice brought me back to reality.

"Oh uh sorry." I shook my head, running my fingers through my hair. "I guess I didn't think I needed to text you then."

Actually I was just too shy.

"Oh well its fine." She said smiling softly, then handed me her phone, leaving it open on the 'add a contact' page.

I gave it back to her.

"The geek?" She raised an eyebrow at the contact name I put for myself. "I thought we were going to get rid of those status'."

I shrugged. "Its true."

I felt my phone buzz, and saw a text from an unknown number.

'Hey geek.'

I looked at her, rolling my eyes, mimicking her. "I thought we were going to get rid of those status'."

"Whatever." She flicked my forehead.

"Ow!" I placed both my hands on my forehead, breathing dramatically.

I hear a small ping, and when I looked over at Y/N she had her phone camera facing me.

"This is Byun Baekhyun. The red headed geek of the school, who has a very low pain tolerance." She said while laughing.

I started doing jazz hands. "The one and only."

She turned the video off, shoving the phone in her pocket.

We stood there in awkward silence.

"Well did you want to go somewhere?" I asked scratching the back of my neck.

"L-like a date?" Her eyes widened.

"No! No." I breathed out fast. "Like as uh acquaintances."

I saw her face sink slightly.

Why?

"Haha yea I guess we are acquaintances." She did a breathy laugh, then nodded. "Sure..how about the park?"

"Yea that will be fun."

--------

I pulled out my phone, following behind Y/N as she led us towards the park.

"Uh, day one of getting to know Y/N Y/L/N." I said, facing the camera at the back of Y/N's head.

Technically I did know her, but I mean its been since grade seven since I've actually hung out with her.

She turned around, surprised at me holding the camera.

"Hello!" her face flushed. Adorable.

Gah! Why do I keep thinking these things? Is there something wrong with me?

Its been years since I've felt these feelings towards Y/N; but I suppose they were covered by the feeling of hate and anger towards her memory loss, and Ying.

I shook my head. I can't believe I actually hated Y/N, all up until now. It wasn't her fault she forgot. I'm just so stupid.

"Wakey wakey egg's 'n' Baekkie." Y/N laughed.

"Sorry I keep zoning out." I laughed then glared at her for the nick name.

"Maybe some ice cream will help you? My treat." She asked, and then grabbed my arm, dragging me down a path to the park. I was still recording.

"So Miss. Y/L/N." I put on a silly news broadcaster voice. "What is your favourite thing to do in your free time?"

She turned so she was walking backwards while I recorded her.

"Hm... I really like to read, listen and create music, play video games, and roller blade."

"Roller blade?!"

"Yea!" She giggled. "I used to compete in roller derby when I was younger, about eighth grade."

"Seriously? What was your roller derby name?"

She bit her lip. "I'll tell you but you have to promise not to laugh."

I nodded.

"Flo Shizzle."

I covered my mouth, trying not to laugh, but I started laughing anyway.

Y/N crossed crossed her arms pouting. "Hey you said you wouldn't laAAAAH-" Y/N landed on the ground with a thud.

She just tripped over a stick.

I turned the camera towards me, laughing harder. "And that ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't walk backwards."

I extended my arm, and her hand wrapped around mine- again I felt tingles at the skin ship.

"Are you ok?" I asked, now concerned.

"Yes I'm perfectly fine." She smiled laughing while I pulled her up. "At least you caught it on film so my fall wasn't for nothing!"

I laughed along with her. This afternoon was going to be great.

--------
|Y/N Y/L/N|

Baekhyun and I sat on a bench in the park, just talking and eating our ice cream. I have been secretly taking videos of him for our project throughout the afternoon and it's quite funny, the things I catch.

"So." I licked my (Fav flavour) ice cream. "What was I like when I was younger? When we were best friends?"

"Well, you were very hyper, you always stuck your tongue out when concentrating on things." He looked out at the park in thought. "You always laughed at my stupid jokes. We would always do random things with Namjoon, Jongin and Sehun, and you were very beautiful." He blushed. "Not that you aren't now- like wow you're still flawless."

I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Oh- t-thanks."

"Not like that's a compliment or anything." He said in a monotone, suddenly very interested in his ice cream cone.

"Right." I said softly, staring at mine as well.

"What? Did I hurt your feelings?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No!" I shouted a little loud. "No."  I repeated quieter.

"If anything, I like that you said that."

His eyes widened slightly. "Why you get called pretty all the time it shouldn't matter that I say it." He leaned back, slouching on the bench.

I rolled my eyes. "I do not."

"Do to."

"Do not!"

"Do to!"

"I do not Byun Baekhyun!"

"Whatever you say princess."

My palms started sweating at that nickname.

"Why do you keep calling me that."

"Calling you what? Princess?" Baekhyun looked at me.

"Yea." I gave him a look.

"Because I can." He said blankly.

"That's not a very good excuse."

"I don't care."

"Fine, Baekhyun Oppa." I licked my ice cream, staring at him.

Baekhyun shifted in his seat, and I started laughing.

I pulled out my phone- "Hello Baekhyun oppa!"

I turned the camera to me, smiling.

"How was our day Oppa?" I winked, and a blush formed on his face, then turned it back to him.

"Fine." He mumbled. I poked his cheek.

"Don't be like that Oppa."

"Stop calling me that." The red head turned to face me.

"Oh yea? Or what." I stuck my tongue out."

"Or-or I'll...." he looked away then back at me. "I'll kiss you!"

I felt myself blush again.

I wouldn't mind.

"You don't have the guts, geek."

"Wanna find out?" He smiled smugly, then stood up.

My breath hitched in my throat.

"I gotta go, see ya tomorrow princess." Baekhyun did a salute wave, and I watched him walk away backwards, and when he turned around he walked right into a stroller.

I burst out laughing, and I looked over at him, seeing him apologize and run off.

~

ELLO ELLO this is lowkey cute? Idk~ 😂 high key fail~ if you guys want you can comment suggestions for you and Baek to do, to add some pizazz!

~Hailey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 10.6K 22
We all know the story of Cinderella. Besides the fact that she lived a pretty unlucky life full of evil stepsisters and a cat that's practically the...
46.6K 1.2K 21
"Why are you always so cold?" "Because." "If there is a problem with you or your family, you can tell me. I won't judge you." - Haeun is always col...
478K 7.2K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
6.5K 483 39
Y/n Avery, a 6th year pure-blood Slytherin, holds prejudices against the half-bloods and muggleborns. However, she couldn't escape being unwillingly...