Devil May Cry ✔

By petra_the_first

She was the angel and I was the devil. I knew better than to fall for a good girl like her but something abo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
32Something Doesn't Feel Right
33A Talk In Private
34 Taking Decisions And Bossing The Boss
35 Maybe A Little Too Fast
36 Mysterious Vacation
37 Didn't Change
38 Morning Kisses
39 Let's Go
40 Why So Soon?
41 Quite A Night
42 Coffee Sounds Perfect
43 Do You Want Some Icecream?
44 Hiring The Best
45 Want You
46 Please Be Okay
47 Thank You
48 Promotions
49 Second Chances
50 Reunite
51 Something More
52 Here It Goes
53 Emergencies
54 Letting It Out
55 The Best Memories
56 Introducing
57 Why To Care Anymore?
58 Last Day's Events
59 Am I Crazy?
60 A Long Night Shift
62 Where Is He?
63 Well That's New
64 Mini-Feelings
65 It's About Time
66 Closer Together
67More Than Enough
68Three Am Confessions
69 Again
70 At The Airport
71And So It Begins
72 Not Over Yet
73 You Have My Word
74Wondering Minds
75 Breakouts
76 Reminisce
77 Please
78 Gone
79 Killed Twice
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
What The Characters Look Like
Other Books
Author's Note
Sneak Peak

61 Lunch And Dinner

229 10 5
By petra_the_first

Angela's POV:

I woke up today feeling like I'm walking in the moon. Dylan and I made-up and everything is going perfectly fine between us. I guessed that Claire won't wake up before twelve o'clock because of her night shift so Adam and I had breakfast without her. Kathy went out a while later because it's her day off.

After breakfast,I took a shower and wore my casual clothes. Dylan called later that morning. We spoke for a while,I invited him to have lunch with him and then I hung up. Adam was in the living room,reading a story while I was surfing the internet.

"Morning." tired Claire came in yawning while scratching her head.

"Morning." I looked up to her.

"Mommy!" Adam cheered and then ran to hug her.

"Hey baby," the mother smiled at her son. "What time is it?" she asked me.

"Twelve thirty five."

"Did you eat?" Claire asked Adam and me.

"Yeah."

"I'm going to shower."

"Dylan is going to have lunch with us." I informed her.

"Okay."

Claire left and Adam came to me.

"I'm bored." he stated.

"Me too," I closed my laptop and let out a breath that made my cheeks inflate. "Let's go out somewhere."

"Where?"

"I don't know,we'll improvise."

"Okay." Adam agreed happily.

"Come on." I got off the couch and yelled to Claire that Adam and me are going out and wrote her a note just incase she didn't hear me.

"Buckle up." I spoke looking at Adam through the rear view mirror. I turned on the engine and started driving around. We eventually ended up in a park. Adam hopped up and down happily and played with the children that were there.

After two hours in the park,we went back to the house.

"Did you have fun?" I asked Adam as we entered through the front door.

"Yes!"

"That's good," I chuckled. "Come on go and take a shower."

It was almost two o'clock. Time to start cooking lunch. Claire helped me out with preparing the meal and at three twenty the door bell rang. I opened it and greeted Dylan,the weather was really nice today,so we decided to eat outside in the garden.

"So Dylan I wanted to speak to you about something." Claire said. We all looked at her.

"Sure,go ahead."

"Luca was asking me about you."

There was a little tension when she mentioned him.

"What does he want?" my fiancé asked calmly.

"He wanted to see you."

Dylan took his time to answer. And after this long pause he said something I didn't expect him to say. He agreed on meeting him and actually gave Claire a resturant's name to meet Luca there on Tuesday.

"I'll tell him that. Are you sure you want to meet him? I can tell him that you're busy." she offered.

Dylan looked at me for a second and gave me a smile.

"No,I want to meet him." he answered.

"Okay."

"How's Luca?" Adam suddenly asked.

"Just an old friend." Dylan answered him with a smile.

"Are you going to meet him again?"

"Yes,we stopped seeing each other for a while and now we're going to meet again."

"Why did you stop seeing each other?"

"Adam what did I say about exessive questions?" Claire warned her son.

"Sorry." he mumbled.

Claire shook her head slightly and then we continued to eat passing around conversations and laughing. So Dylan is going to meet Luca and talk to him. I wonder how it will go.

***

Claire's POV:

"Morning,doc." Luca cheered as I walked in the hallway.

"Goodmorning." I greeted dryly. I was hoping that Monday won't be such a pain in the ass but I forgot that I have Luca working with me.

"Seems like you're having a bad day,you know what can make it better?"

"You leaving me alone." I answered tiredly.

"Nope," he just doesn't take the hint. "A knock-knock joke." Oh God please no.

"Luca I really don't have time for this."

"Knock-knock." and he's going to say it anyway.

"Leave me alone."

"Come on it's fun. One joke I promise."

I sighed. "Fine."

"Knock-knock."

"Who's there?"

"Cow."

"Cow who?" I crossed my hands and rolled my eyes.

"Cows don't hoo,cow's moo." he started to chuckle. I looked at him as he did repeating the joke in my head.

"I can't believe you're allowed to vote." I said and then walked to my office. When I sat the chair I stopped for a moment and repeated the punchline in my head,one more time.

Cows don't hoo,cows moo.

"Cows." I mumbled and shook my head as I opened my laptop. I let out a small chuckle and smiled. Wait what is wrong with me? I shouldn't laugh at his lame jokes! No,Claire get a grip!

***

Mr Gabe is going to do just fine," I assured the worried wife. "His surgery was successful."

"Thank you doctor. I can't thank you enough."

"Don't thank me,I was only doing my job."

"Still,thank you."

I smiled at her and then walked away.

"Nice work in the surgery." Luca popped out of no where.

"Thank you. You did a pretty good job,yourself."

"Really?!"

"I said good,not great."

"Hearing good from you,is an achievement for me."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"So have you talk to Dylan for me?" Luca's eyes were filled with hope.

"Yes."

"And what did he say?"

"He agreed on seeing you."

"Really?!"

"Yes."

"Where?!" he was talking as if he found a diamond in his cereal. I've never seen a guy getting this excited. They seemed like they were closer than I thought. I gave him the resturant's name.

"Thank you,doc! You're amazing!" and what Luca did next took me by surprise. He actually wrapped his hands around squeezing them gently over my body. In other words,he hugged me. I was too shocked to react,and my body froze. I would probably have my skin crawling by now and I start shaking but I didn't. On the contrary,I felt as if there was something that zapped me,like electricity going through me body.

Luca quickly noticed what he had done,so he let go and took two steps backwards.

"I'm so sorry,doc. I didn't mean to do so. I didn't mean to touch you." he apologized.

I was staring at him wide eyes but then remembered I should yell at him for hugging me. I opened my mouth to let out the anger that should be building inside of me but nothing came out.

"Just make sure it doesn't happen again and go back to work." I spoke quietly.

Luca slowly nodded his head and I walked back to my office.

He hugged me and I didn't do anything about it. Even though the hug only lasted for like two seconds but I felt it like an hour. I can't believe this happened. Luca hugged me. A guy actually touched me and I didn't panic. What is he doing to me?

***

Angela's POV:

Finally the day was over. I'm not a Tuesday morning and so far it was nothing but a tiring day.

The elevator's door finally opened and I walked into the lobby.

"Hey Ang." a very familiar voice that I hadn't heard in a while.

"Mr Sparks,I really prefer you don't call me by my first name." I tried to sound as calm as possible as I spoke to Harry.

"But I don't like being formal. Especially with you."

"You have to be."

"Fine whatever."

"Hello Harry." Mr Hunter appeared from behind me. Thank God.

"Hey Lewis." Harry smiled at him.

"Long time no see. What are you doing here?"

"I was driving around with my new car and decided to drop by and say hello."

"This is a company Harry,not a café."

Harry looked at Mr Hunter for a while.

"Do all businessman say the same thing? Whatever I'll go now."

"Bye and say hi for me to your father."

"Whatever. Bye Ms Morr."

"Bye Mr Sparks."

I turned to Mr Hunter.

"If he annoys you again,tell me."

"It's okay,I can handle him."

"If we weren't in the lobby now,I would have kissed you."

"Talk about bad luck."

Mr Hunter smirked. "I'm going now to meet Luca."

"Okay,take care and call me when you're done."

"Okay. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

Mr Hunter left. I exited the company and headed to my car. I hope everything goes well between them.

***

Dylan called me hours after he went to meet Luca. My first thought was that things went better than I thought and I was right. Even though Dylan was casual and told me that they talked about stuff and things happened I knew that he was happy and everything went just fine.

On Thursday Claire informed me that Luca had invited her,Dylan,and me to his house for dinner on Saturday. She tried to decline and turn down the invitation but he kept insisting and annoying her until she finally gave up and accepted to go. I felt kinda nervous for dining with Luca but Dylan will be there and nothing bad can possibly happen.

***

"Claire! Dylan will be here any second!" I shouted as I walked down the stairs.

"I'm done!" she shouted back.

I went to check my clothes one more time in the mirror that was in the hallway. I was wearing a short,grey dress with no shoulders. It was tight from above and flows freely from the bottom. The dress was simple the only decoration it had were the fabric that appeared to give a pattern.

"Done." Claire said as she walked to her purse and checked it. She was wear a beautiful beige dress. Her dress was plain,it had fabric hugging the upper part of it but was absolutaly beautiful.

Both our make-up were simple,Claire's hair was extra curled while my hair was left in its natural waves making sure it was neat.

A car honked outside.

"That's Dylan." I said.

Kathy appeared as we headed to the front door.

"Kathy take good care of Adam and get him to sleep on time and if anything happens call us." Claire ordered the nanny.

"Don't worry Ms Houston,you go and have fun." Kathy smiled.

I went to the parked car and greeted Dylan while Claire hopped in the backseat.

"Everyone ready?" he asked.

"Yeah." we both answered.

The car started moving to Luca's house.

***

Dylan ran the door bell as we all waited for it to open. The house was nice,it wasn't as big as ours but it was beautiful and the street was lovely.

Once it was opened Luca came into the view.

"Dylan!" he cheered once he saw his best friend.

"Hey Luca." Dylan smiled and then they hugged. It's nice to see him happy.

"Hi doc." Luca looked over to Claire.

"Hello Luca." she answered strictly.

"You look beautiful."

She raised an eyebrow at him.

"You don't like compliments too?! Well good thing you like jokes,because I have plenty of them." he stated. Now I know why Claire finds him unbearable and annoying,he's outgoing and friendly. I can't believe he isn't afraid of speaking to her in such way. Most men I know that know her try to avoid joking as much as possible.

"How about we go inside." Dylan suggested.

"Yes,of course come in."

Luca moved from the doorframe so we can walk inside.

"You can put your things over here." he pointed to a closet. Claire and I placed our purses inside.

I turned to Luca and Dylan.

"Hello." Luca seemed nervous and embarassed to talk to me.

"Hello Luca." I smiled.

"I never got the chance to apologize for what happened a long time ago. I didn't mean to I swear-"

"What happened a long time ago was in the past. Nothing bad was cause and you've changed,that's what's important."

He looked at me in silence. "Dylan you are one lucky bastard."

"I know." Dylan smiled. I blushed slightly at his comment.
"I never catched your name."

"It's Angelica but you can call me Angy or Ang."

"Well nice to meet you Ang." he held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you too,Luca." I shook it delightly.

"Now that everything's settled lets eat!"

I chuckled at how natural he is.

"You never change." Dylan smiled as we walked to the dining table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2K 75
I've always had a feeling that I would die young. Ever since I started pondering on deaths door I've had this feeling. I could care less about the he...
90.4K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
74.9K 3.5K 45
"Won't you join the bath with me?" I tilt my head feigning innocence. He raises a brow coming closer leaning into me. "And why should I?" "Because...
11.9K 1K 20
"Why did you do it?" he asked. "What are you talking about" I replied nervously I knew what he was talking about. I just had hope that it would've b...