Devil May Cry ✔

By petra_the_first

She was the angel and I was the devil. I knew better than to fall for a good girl like her but something abo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
32Something Doesn't Feel Right
33A Talk In Private
34 Taking Decisions And Bossing The Boss
35 Maybe A Little Too Fast
36 Mysterious Vacation
37 Didn't Change
38 Morning Kisses
39 Let's Go
40 Why So Soon?
41 Quite A Night
42 Coffee Sounds Perfect
43 Do You Want Some Icecream?
44 Hiring The Best
45 Want You
46 Please Be Okay
47 Thank You
48 Promotions
49 Second Chances
50 Reunite
52 Here It Goes
53 Emergencies
54 Letting It Out
55 The Best Memories
56 Introducing
57 Why To Care Anymore?
58 Last Day's Events
59 Am I Crazy?
60 A Long Night Shift
61 Lunch And Dinner
62 Where Is He?
63 Well That's New
64 Mini-Feelings
65 It's About Time
66 Closer Together
67More Than Enough
68Three Am Confessions
69 Again
70 At The Airport
71And So It Begins
72 Not Over Yet
73 You Have My Word
74Wondering Minds
75 Breakouts
76 Reminisce
77 Please
78 Gone
79 Killed Twice
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
What The Characters Look Like
Other Books
Author's Note
Sneak Peak

51 Something More

280 14 0
By petra_the_first

Claire's POV:

Knock. Knock.

"Come in."

"Good morning Doctor Houston,how are you?"

"I'm good thank you for asking,Torin."

"And your ribs?"

"They're healing." I answered.

"It's so nice to have you back at the hospital."

"It's nice to be back."

"Your new assistant is here,I've already taught him everything he needs to now in the hospital."
"Thank you Torin."

"You're welcome,well I have to go and pack my things."

"Have a nice trip."

"Will do. Do I let the assistant in?"

"Yes,please."

Torin,my old assistant,is moving from Los Angeles to Washington DC to work for another hospital. It was kind of sad since he was my assistant ever since I got promoted but I guess it was for the best. It's Monday,and I finally got back to work. There were a lot of things that have changed and I had a lot of catching up to do,but Torin helped with these stuff and now my new assistant,which is the nurse that we met in the hospital in San Francisco,is outside my office door.

I still don't know what's his story but it seems that Dylan and him shared a past. When I asked Angy about him she said that they met by accident but I feel that there is something more to this story than she told me.

Torin came in again this time with a well dressed,african american. "Luca this is Doctor Houston,doctor this is your new assistant."

Luca seemed to be a little surprised but then nodded his head slowly and composed himself.

"Morning doc,I'm Luca." he extanded his hand and I shook it.
"Good morning Luca."

"I'm excited to work for you."

"Same here."

"Okay,Luca this is your schedule," Torin handed him a paper. "And everything conserning the patients' files are in the reception area,you can drop by and take them. You'll be working under Doctor Houston's surveillance,especially now,during surgeries,patients' check-ups and all of that."

"Don't worry about that." Luca answered.

"Now if we're done here,I must get going,same goes to you,Luca. You have to study the patients' files."

Both men left after excusing themselves. My new assistant,seems decent but I shouldn't judge too fast because whatever happened between him and Dylan,must have been serious.

I returned to work and.after thirty five minutes,I looked at the clock,time for.the patients' check-up with my new assistant.

Angela's POV:

"Goodmorning Ms Morr." Dennis greeted.

"Morning,Dennis." I replied as I stopped by her desk.

"Mr Hunter wants to see you."

"Okay,let me just put my stuff in the office." I said and then left. When I was done,I went to his office,knocked on the door,and when I heard I response I came in.

"Good morning." I smiled at the guy who's sitting on an office chair.

"Morning." Mr Hunter smiled.

"Dennis told me you wanted to see me."

"Yeah I wanted to talk to you about a contract,and I need to see you after work."

"You can drop by at my house,anytime you want."

"No,I need to talk to you,alone, about something important. Can I pick you up at five?"

"Okay?" It was more of a question than an answer.

"Great. Now the contract." I went over to Dylan and sat the opposite of him so we can get down to work. I wonder what does he want from me.

Claire's POV:

"Okay Gloria I'll take your blood pressure now." he said with a smile. Luca,who was now in nurse clothes, wrapped the cloth around her arm and started squeezing the tool. "Your blood pressure is good,and everything else seems fine. You should be out soon."

"Oh thank you handsome," the old lady joked. "But I didn't catch your name."

"It's Luca."

"Well Luca I don't mind staying here all day long as long as you are going to check on me." she hit on him. Yeah Gloria is an old woman,who's husband died a long time ago,now she hits on our male nurses occasionlly,but everybody loves her. She's really sweet and loves to laugh and her jokes are hilarious even though they can be inappropriate.

"Well,I'll keep checking on you more often if that keeps you here." Luca joked and Gloria laughed.

"Doctor Houston,why haven't I seen this fine man before?" she looked at Luca.

"He's my new assistant,it's his first day." I smiled. I was watching Luca as he worked and so far he was doing a good job and the paitents like him.

"You are very lucky to have him as your assistant,he's way better than the last." the old widow spoke while looking at Luca with dreamy eyes.

"I thought you liked Torin." I said disbelieved,just last month when she came for her regular check up she was all googy-eyes for Torin.

"Torin doesn't have strong bisceps like this one." and she started touching his forearm.

Luca looked at me for help and I looked at what the horny woman is doing.

"Well Luca,we don't have all day. Come on we have other patients to check on." I said.

"Gloria you heard the doc,we have to go now,bye." he said and quickly hurried outside.

"I'll see you later!" she yelled as he went outside and I followed.

We walked together to the other room.

"Getting hit on by an old lady,on the first day," Luca chuckled. "What a wonderful way to start your new job."

I didn't answer. I usually don't interact with men,especially at work. Some people call me rude or mean but I honestly don't care,this is my social life and that is how I want it to be. Men-Free.

We entered another room. This was the room of a little boy called Rafael.

"Hello,Rafael," I smiled at the boy who was sitting on the bed. "Hello Mrs Helen." I greeted his mother who was also in the room.

"Good morning Doctor Houston." she smiled.

"How's my strong patient doing?"
"Good and getting better." Rafael spoke enthusiastically.

"That's great," I chuckled. "Now I'm going to check your heart beats."

I held his chest and placed the metel on his heart. Rafael has lung and problems,he came today because of waking up with trouble in breathing.

"Breathe." I said. He took a deep breath and exhaled as I listened. "Again." Rafael breathed again. "Okay everything seems fine." I told his mother and then told her the name of the medicine her son should take.

Luca checked the machines as I watched him.

"Okay doc,we're done here," Luca said. "Get well soon little man." he ruffled Rafael's hair and the little boy giggled.

We exited the room and checked on other patients.

"Okay Luca that was the last one." I informed the assistant.

"So what do you think?" he asked.

"About what?"

"My work."

"It was accepted." I said dryly.

"You mean great." he smiled.

"I mean accepted." I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Okay..."

"Anything else?"

"No."

"I'm going to be at my office."

"Catch you later,doc." he said before I left.

Angela's POV:

I opened the front door and stepped inside the mansion. I was really hungry so I headed straight to the kitchen and checked the fridge. Claire usually prepares sandwiches and salads and puts them there incase Adam got hungry and no-one was in the house to cook for him or if somebody is in a hurry and skips a meal they can pack those and go instead of buying fast food on the way. Doctors.

I grabbed the salad because I didn't want to eat a lot since Dylan and I are going to have lunch together.

I took a fork,went to the table located in the kitchen,and began eating.

Kathy came in after having my third fork.

"Hello Ms Morr,I didn't hear you coming in." she said.

"I came straight to the kitchen because I was hungry."

"Do you want me to prepare you anything?"

"No thank you,I want to eat something light because I'm going out for lunch,later. Where's Adam?"

"He's in his room. He ate an early lunch so I decided to make him a snack."

"Angy!" I heard Claire's voice yell before closing the front door.

"In the kitchen!" I yelled back. She came in looking tired.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey Ang,hey Kathy."

"Hello Ms Houston."

"Where's Adam?" Claire asked.

"In his room." Kathy replied.

"Did he eat?"

"Yes,I'm preparing a snack for him right now."

"Good."

Kathy went to the fridge to get the fruits for Adam's snack.

"How was your day?" I asked Claire.

"Exhausting. I forgot how it felt to work in the hospital,especially when your injured."

Claire grabbed a cup and filled it with water then opened the cupboard and took a box of pills out,which is probably the painkillers.

"You?" she asked and then took the pill.

"It was fine,I'm going out for lunch with Dylan today."

Claire frowned,"Didn't you go out on a date,yesterday?"

"There isn't any apples left and carrots." Kathy announced.

"I'll add that to the the groccery list,I'm going shopping tomorrow." Claire said.

Kathy nodded,placed two plates full of fruits on a tray and then left. I finished my salad and placed my plate in the dishwasher.

"He said he needed to talk to me about something important." I told Claire as I closed it.

"Hmm." Claire said.

"Today was Luca's first day,right?" I said.

"Yeah,he did a good job for a first day."

"That's good. I'm going to get prepared."

"Have fun."

I went upstair and took off my high heels that were killing my legs and suit and took a shower. When I was done with my make-up and hair and wore my clothes,I went downstairs to wait. I still had ten minutes to spare so I sat on the couch and watched TV with Adam and Claire after greeting the little boy.

After sometime,Dylan texted me that he was near my house so I grabbed my purse and as I opened the front door he was parking the car. I walked to it,opened the door,and got in.

"Hey,beautiful." Dylan greeted making me blush lightly. I'll never get used to his comments.

"Hey." I said.

"Ready?"

"Yup."

"Put this on your eyes." he handed me a blindfold.

"Why?"

"I'll tell you later."

I took the blindfold and placed it on my eyes,I felt the car move as I finished tying it. Seems like it will be more than a talk over lunch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 1K 20
"Why did you do it?" he asked. "What are you talking about" I replied nervously I knew what he was talking about. I just had hope that it would've b...
418K 13.7K 46
WARNING: My book is literally filled with mistakes. It's everywhere, I am fixing it, even if it is at a slow pace. So please bear with me until all o...
2.5K 237 23
"Arabella step down from there!" I yelled, reaching for her. I was ready to jump over the rail to grab her if I needed to. I was willing to do anythi...
2.9K 138 29
Have you been so beaten down that suicide is the only way you feel that it will all end? I guess your not the only one out there who feels the same...