Beyond The Soul: Kai

By Theodore21

The World...has being lost. Thanks to world-spread contamination, the earth has been polluted and ravaged. Ma... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Lone Heart
Chapter 2: Open Wounds
Chapter 3: To Reclaim The Lost Light
Chapter 4: The Tournament Begins
Chapter 5: The City on the Sea
Chapter 6: The Fragile Youth
Chapter 7: A New Bond
Chapter 8: Innocent Strength...and Pure Resolve
Chapter 9: A Heartless Fate
Chapter 10: Strength of Heart
Chapter 11: New Feelings
Chapter 12: Worries And Fears
Chapter 13: Heartfelt Ties
Chapter 14: The Origins Of Us - Part 1
Chapter 15: The Origins of Us - Part 2
Chapter 16: The World of...Yesterday
Chapter 17: Past Shadows
Chapter 18: Divine Union
Chapter 19: Humanity's Bliss
Chapter 20: A Promise to be Fulfilled
Chapter 21: Honest Goal, Conflicting Drive
Chapter 22: One's Pain, is Another's Sorrow
Chapter 23: Cryptic Clues, Certain Prediction
Chapter 24: A Cold land...and Warm Emotion
Chapter 25: Lurking Suspicions
Chapter 26: Meeting...and Departing
Chapter 27: Tears of a Loved One
Chapter 28: The Fated Awakening
Chapter 29: Divine Fury
Chapter 30: A Story and a Last Request
Chapter 32: The Call of Another
Chapter 33: A Curious Offer and Question
Chapter 34: A Demon's True Nature
Final Chapter: The Power of Unity
Epilogue

Chapter 31: True Feelings

3.2K 107 10
By Theodore21

A lone luxury craft was flying through the night, on board were five passengers...two with much awkwardness. Tema and Eve were on the craft both with slightly red faces and nervous expression. Eve had used her one favour over Tema...a date in Solemn Town. Tema was very nervous, as was Eve for the trip back hadn't really spoken to each other.

Kairi with Eve and Aurora, were going to make sure things would go smoothly for the two as it sailed through the night. Tema and Eve were on opposite sides of the craft while Kairi spoke to Aurora and Yumi in the middle "todays mission is to get those two all close and comfortable"

"they nearly did it, last time in solemn town" said Yumi

"well today, or tomorrow, we make sure they have their romantic moment. They been skirting round each other all throughout the journey, and this time they are confessing"

"why do you sound more enthusiastic then they do?" said Aurora "I mean, isn't it important that they have fun"

"Well...yes I suppose" said Yumi "but we want to see those two admit their feelings for each other. You know confess"

Aurora thought for a moment "Soooo...you're expecting them to kiss?" they both frantically shushed her

"not so loud Aurora" said Kairi "look those two are as close as you can get. However with everything that has gone off, they haven't had the chance to really just spend time with one another"

"So we're using this favour to really push them close together" said Yumi "So the plan is this, we'll be creating as many opportunities' as possible for those two to get closer"

"wouldn't it be better if they did that themselves?" said Aurora

"No...they both a bit useless at this Aurora" said Kairi "I mean Tema is as nervous as a mouse going into a shelter for cats. And Eve...doesn't really know how to respond"

"I still think they can do it themselves" Aurora then turned to Tema "I'm going to go talk to him. It might ease his nervousness a bit"

"don't say anything Aurora" said Yumi

when Aurora stepped up to him "hey Tema, how are you feeling?"

"hmm...nervous" said Tema admittedly "I've never gone out with a girl in my life. I mean..."

"well you've travelled around with her before. And you won't nervous back then"

"that was went we were just travelling as friends, for some reason...this feels much different"

"then why not just pretend it's a friendly outing"

Tema turned to her "I mean...that way you get to enjoy just a good time with her. And not have to worry about anything else" Tema thought about this

"Well...yeah" said Tema "I guess we could do that. I mean it'll mean we can actually look at each other. But what about those two?" he gestured to Yumi and Kairi who were whispering to each other "I've got the feeling they aren't going to let it go as smooth as I think"

"Yes...they are pretty conniving" said Aurora "which is why...I've got a simple plan of my own"

"You...you do?"

"I just want you two to have a good time, without having anything to worry about. Most of all two girls trying to spice things up. You leave things to me" Aurora winked at Tema to which he felt his nervousness leave him

"Okay...thank you"

Tema then looked out "You know Aurora...despite everything that happened...two things are on my mind"

"really...what are they?" asked Aurora curiously

"Well one is Eve. When Damos launched that Double OB device, only she could resist it. It was only after I...you know got...lost that Yumi and Viola found the resolve to do it yourselves"

"Yes...Zephina told me everything. She said since he didn't command hybrids you were fine and unharmed"

Tema looked to up "Zephina...spoke to you?"

"Mine and Zephina's spirit, stirred when you awoke to your sentinel power" said Aurora "but Zephina wanted to see your resolve more than anything"

"oh...so...you heard everything I said then?" Tema had a red face but Aurora just leaned down and kissed his fore head

"indeed I did" she said with a genuine smile "and I never felt happier in my life"

Tema found great satisfaction in her smile "I'm glad you're back you know, I really am"

"I know Tema" said Aurora happily "so what was the second thing on your mind?"

"Oddly...it's Kaos" Tema looked to the distance "For some reason...he's been in my mind. He's called the demon sentinel by everyone...but was he truly like that? Was he truly as evil as everyone says? It doesn't bother me...I mean it could all be true but it does make you wonder"

"well I'll let you think. I'm going to go talk to Eve"

Aurora stepped over to Eve, who looked rather quiet "Eve..." she jumped mildly "oh sorry I didn't mean to scare you"

"no...it's okay" said Eve "I just...can't stop worrying. Kairi keeps telling me a date is a romantic day, where our inner feelings come out. Well...I don't know how to act...or say" Aurora sighed a little

"Eve listen to me" Aurora checked to make sure Yumi and Kairi were out of earshot "I want you to think of this date...as a fun day out"

"just a...fun day out?"

"yes exactly. I want you just to relax and be yourself. And should 'anything' happen it'll be all natural and not expected"

Eve thought about this "are you sure...that'll be fine?"

"Of course" said Aurora a little determined "if you ask me, true feelings come much easier when it's natural. Trust me okay? I want you to enjoy yourself, without worrying about anything. Who knows, the whole romantic thing could go more smoothly"

"So...just a fun day out? That does sound...better. But what about..." gesturing to Kairi and Yumi

"As I told Tema. You leave those two to me" just then a white blinding light began to shine "and...we're now here at Solemn town"

Back in Nova Aerris Tema's friends and Viola, were in Lower Aerris. Everyone except Lea waited outside as a doctor checked Lea over. Lea was on a clinic chair being checked over a man. The man had slightly grey hair and moustache with glasses wearing a grey shirt and grey trousers. On his shirt was a name tag Daniel Rivere. He was checking her legs and feet.

 Lea looked worriedly at him "well...Dad? How are they?" Daniel then itched her foot "hey stop...that tickles" Daniel then just sighed

"In all my years as the doctor here...I've never known a phenomenon such as this" said Daniel "your legs...are completely and 100% functional"

"What...really!?" said Lea completely surprised

"Really Lea. It'll take a few days for the nerves in your legs to fully function, and due to lack of use you'll need therapy to build the muscles in your legs, but given time" Daniel put a hand on her shoulder "you'll be walking like the rest of us"

Waiting eagerly outside the tent was everyone else. Then to their relief was Lea...walking on her own with her only support being crutches. Seje, Noa and Jo ran up to her. Martha then stepped up to Daniel "Well...how is she?" Daniel took off his glasses and smiled

"it's beyond...my greatest dream" said Daniel "all the nerves in her legs...have now fully awoken. She can now sense things through her legs, such as cold, warmth and touch"

"but...but how did this...happen?" said Martha

"It was...my brother Tema" said Viola overhearing them "he used this blue lightning on her legs. Then afterwards...she found herself stood on her own two feet"

Daniel then thought "the only I can think of is the lightning must have sparked the nerves in her legs. The brains sends out signals, akin to electricity, to the different parts of the body. So I can only surmise the lightning...jump started the nerves. Anyway...Tema is human right? How was he capable of such a feat?"

"Tema...is a special case" said Viola "if you believe me...he is the child of a sentinel and human" this shocked them both

"this is fully true" this came from Atlas who appeared out of nowhere "Tema is the child of a human father and sentinel mother. The blood of a divine sentinel runs through his veins, thus granting him her strength"

Daniel looked mighty intrigued "an organism of both human and sentinel biology. What a fascinating subject of research"

"but...how would he heal Lea?" asked Martha "I mean...no specialist sentinel, not even of a divine nature, can repair...what isn't there. I mean Lea practically had no legs"

"humans by nature" said Atlas "can bring out the true potential of sentinels. Zephina, Tema's mother, had a unique healing power where she could restore the person's heart. These two qualities have performed a synergist effect on Tema. Although he technically can't heal injuries, he can restore or even enhance those, be they sentinel or human, to the best they can be"

Viola then remembered "that would explain several things. Starting with Noa. As you know she can morph into different animals. Before when she took on the form of a bird, Black raven like wings would appear"

"and now they are white and all angel like" said Martha

"This might also explain how Yumi ascended to the rank of divine sentinel" Viola then smiled "but then again those might just be the result of Tema's kindness and strong heart"

Viola then turned to Atlas "you know, compared to the others Atlas'...you appear more human than they are" Atlas then smirked

"Even I don't know when it began" said Atlas "this place...is a true utopia of humanity. A place where sentinel and humans live together, with no ignorance or ego even existing. I guess one day...I was just curious. And came down to see" Rafiel and Nick were coming towards Viola "I'll bid you farewell...you are wanted"

"Viola...Viola you need to come with us" said Rafiel looking surprised "you need to see this. It's about Blizz"

"why...what's wrong with him?" asked Viola

"just...just come with us"

Viola was taken to Nick's 'house' where a great surprise was in store for her as she saw Blizz "but...but how?" Blizz was there and well but what surprised Viola was...he was eating and drinking. Blizz was munching on some sandwiches  and taking drinking from a cup "but...I thought" said Viola a little stunned "...Blizz didn't need to..."

"That's the not the only strange thing" said Nick "hey Blizz...how are you feeling?" Blizz looking

"oh Nick, I'm feeling great. These sandwiches are great, hey Rafiel and Viola...would you like some?" Viola nearly went backwards

"no...no it's okay Blizz" Viola minorly recovered "You keep going"

"thanks Viola. Nick tells me Eve is currently travelling elsewhere"

Blizz then looked a bit sad "I wanted to apologize to her for what I did to Tema and her during the trip"

"Don't worry Blizz" said Rafiel "I'm sure they'll forgive you if you apologize sincerely. Just continue with your meal" Blizz nodded "Blizz's memory is now fully intact"

"Not only that" said Nick "he's been eating, drinking, yawning, in-fact he's even gone to the toilet and even bled a little. Blizz...show Viola your hand" Blizz displayed his palm to show a diagonal cut along it

"I was feeling Rafiel's axe" said Blizz "but I pressed a little too hard on it"

Nick then turned to Viola "the only thing that hasn't changed, is his biology is still mostly comprised of metal...but now it's almost as if he's now part organic. Like...what did people used to call them...Cyborgs"

"is that...really the power of Tema's ability?" said Viola "Atlas told me as a result of being both a human with Zephina's power...he said Tema could restore someone to the best they can be. No-one can replace what isn't there...so Blizz must had this functionality all along. And Tema must have restored Blizz's body completely"

"So...Tema really is this senti-human that I heard about" said Nick "well regardless...I owe him a great deal. He...gave me...more than a cure...he gave me...my friend back"

Nick then looked at his hands "Blizz was a sort of typical guy, like he is now. But after the accident, struck by a bolt of lightning, his memory was completely ruined. Being made of metal...I was surprised his memory was the only thing ruined"

"yes he promised a cure for his memory" said Rafiel

"But look at him now" Blizz then covered a quiet burp "I mean his memory is now fully intact...but more than that...he's...human. In every sense minus his metal skeleton. And if Tema is the reason he's like this...I need to thank him"

"then once he returns for the Nova Aerris finals...you can do it then" said Viola

"Hey guys..." called Blizz within the room "would you two like some? I feel a bit greedy having all of them to myself" with smiles and nods they joined him in the meal.

Tema became aware he was lying down on a nice comfy bed. Tema felt a gentle touch to his side "Tema...Tema...come on...wake up" Tema saw Aurora to his directly "come on...wake up" she whispered

"Au...Auro-" Aurora quietly shushed him and directed him to Yumi and Kairi still asleep

"Come...this way" Tema let off a quiet yawn and crept out the room to the foyer of the inn from Solemn town "just...wait here now" Tema nodded as Aurora went into an opposite room.

Aurora came out shortly later with a somewhat sleepy Eve "oh...morning Tema" she said sleepily "Or...afternoon. There's no clock in this place"

"Aurora...what's the matter?" asked Tema

"Just...Just look outside the both of you" said Aurora "it's still all covered in that snow...but there's all sorts of new things happening out there. Go on and see" Tema and Eve looked between...then to the door.

The hinges were frost-covered with the faintest sound of singing. Tema and Eve pulled on the handles, tugging at the door and as they looked out "this town has surprised me twice already" said Tema "and this makes three. First it was a town of the past, then it was snow covered"

"Well it still is snow covered..." said Eve "but it's...all colourful and bright. With people singing" the plaza was covered in about foot of snow.

The populace were all wearing woolly and warm clothes, and walking around happily and peaceful like. It was early afternoon as the clock in the distance read 1:30PM. The sky was a plain white, and the weather was fine. What really struck them...was the vast array of colours that greeted them and the sounds that gently carried through the town.

 In the centre of the plaza was the large tree but it was covered in many different coloured lights. Hung off the branches were small ornaments and glass sphere while a large silver star sat on top of the tree. Several windows of the buildings were covered in what looked like green, red or blue fuzzy looking ropes, like feather boas. Several people in the park, were singing gentle songs while looking at pieces of paper.

Tema looked round "I wonder...what's going on? There's all these colours...and people singing" he then spotted the familiar man in the porter hat "excuse me...sir?"

"Hey there young man..." he said with a polite bow "have you come to ask for the paper?"

"Yes sir. Sorry where we come from, it's different timezones you see"

"Think nothing of it my boy" the man handed him the paper "you know it's strange. I always this urge to buy an additional paper whenever you need it...it's rather strange" Tema nervously laughed "well good day my boy...and Merry Christmas"

These words struck a chord within Tema's head "Merry...Christmas?" Eve looked at his face

"Tema...what's the matter?" said Eve "do you know those two words?" Tema then checked the paper

"Merry Christmas...I remember. Those were two words spoken during a certain time of year...every year. 1989...December...the 25th! This is...Christmas"

"Christmas...I haven't heard of this holiday" said Aurora

"it was...a holiday usually associated with the birth of a religious god or something. Over time...it just became a holiday. Christmas means families and friends would gather together, and spread happiness and joy to everyone"

Aurora, nodded to herself, then put a hand on both Tema and Eve's shoulder "right you two. Do you remember what I told you both?"

"You mean...just to think of the date as a fun day out?" said Eve

"and the simple plan you said you were going to do" said Tema

"Well the simple plan is this...go!" she gestured out to the plaza "just...go and have fun! Just the two of you"

Eve turned to Aurora looking a bit puzzled "really...just the both of us?" said Eve "so...no Yumi or Kairi?"

"well...isn't a date where the two enjoy each other's company...without anyone else around?" said Aurora to which Eve and Tema just exchanged looks

"Well...yeah I suppose" said Tema a bit unsure

"So with that, I want you two to go off and have fun. And you leave the two meddlers to me"

"Well...okay but when do we...meet back?" asked Eve

"Do you see the clock?"

 Aurora pointed to the large clock in a building on the plaza "just come back here at 9PM then we can head back to Nova Aerris for the finals tomorrow" Aurora then smiled and gestured outwards "now...go. Have fun and without those two" Tema turned to Eve with a smile

"Well...Eve?" said Tema gesturing a hand "shall we go have fun?...And have more fun watching those two trying to find us" Eve chuckled a little and took his hand

"yes...let's go" they then began to run but Tema stopped

"One second Eve" Tema ran back and hugged Aurora "thanks Aurora" Aurora rubbed his head

"Now off you go" said Aurora and with that Tema took Eve's hand and they ran into the town.

Aurora watched them go and then quietly closed the door. Aurora then heard noises in the background "hey...hey where are they?" said Kairi. Aurora then quickly ran into the other room just as Yumi

"I'll check the other room" said Yumi to which she came to see Aurora stretching while sat on her bed "No...No they are not here. Aurora have you see Eve and Tema?"

"No...sorry" said Aurora yawning "maybe they left early" Yumi ran back out

"Bad news Kairi" said Yumi  "those two aren't in here Kairi" Aurora then secretly smiled

"have fun...you two"

Tema and Eve, after being tugged along by a couple, went into a store to rent some woolly clothes. Tema came out in a white woolly jumper and gloves, while Eve came out in a red, pink, striped woolly hat. A dark cardigan and gloves. Tema then sighed "that was...a bit of drag...literally"

"I know what you mean" said Eve "well...we're here now. Where should we go first?"

"well...the couple suggested something about an ice-skating rink. So let's go see"

Tema and Eve after some finding found an outdoor skating rink. Family and friends were gliding and skating in an anti-clockwise fashion. Eve took quite quickly to the ice but Tema was a little shaky "just keep your legs straight Tema" he was a bit wobbly

"Easy for you to say" said Tema "this is harder that you make it look" Tema then fell forward, almost into Eve

"whoa...easy Tema"

The two were rather close to one another and both were slightly red-faced "sorry...about that" said Tema a little embarrassed

"it's...okay. Up you come" said Eve helping him stand up straight "here...just hold my hand" Tema took her hand "now just let your feet glide on the ice" Eve helped guide Tema along the ice, to which he found it now easier "there you go"

"thanks Eve. Hey...do you think...I can keep hold...in-case I fall again?" Eve smiled

"of course" with that the two then just skated nicely along the ice.

The rest of the afternoon the two just enjoyed themselves on this winter day. They sampled a nice hot chocolate within a café. The hot chocolate was piled high with cream and with some difficulty they both took a drink...both with cream moustaches. Next they joined in with some the children in making a snowman. Then out of nowhere Tema pelted Eve with a snowball thus triggering a great snow fight.

The two were dodging and weaving throwing balls of snow at one another, until eventually they just collapsed exhausted but laughing from the experience. Then as a third activity, as the night time began to sink in, they spent time together looking at the shops and stands selling all kinds of manner of things. For the first time, the two were just enjoying each-others company, without anything interrupting them.

The day drew on with the clock reading 8:30. Tema and Eve were now sat on a bench in the plaza. The town was quiet with most of populace having gone home. The only ones out were a moderate group of people singing a gentle song around the large tree.

It was gently snowing, adding already to the white blanket coating the land. Tema then looked out to the town "well...I have to say...I really enjoyed today" Eve looked quite happy herself

"I...have too. Being able...just to look round and enjoy life" said Eve happily "no fighting, no evil to stop...just going around and being ourselves"

"Eve...I've been thinking. When all this over...I'd like to come and live with me...at Alana's house" Eve turned to him

"you...want me...to stay with you?"

Tema turned to her "well...you don't exactly have a home to go to. And...I enjoy it...your company. I always feel...happy when you're around" Eve moved a little closer

"Tema..." said Eve "I feel...the same way. Tema...how do you...feel about me?" Tema reacted a little "no sorry...I meant, No I just meant..."

"that...you are...greatly important to me" Tema looked to the tree "I've...enjoyed every moment that I've spent with you over the last several days. The reason...I felt so strong...was because of my friends...and you" Eve was listening to him "What I mean to say Eve...is I...Is I"

Tema looked to be struggling but then he felt an almost faint touch to his shoulder followed by the faint sound of his mothers' voice "Go on...tell her...Tema"  Tema took a deep breath turned to Eve

"Eve...I love you" Eve just looked at Tema

"Could you...say that again?" said Eve in disbelief to which Tema put his hands on her shoulder

"I care about you. You mean so much to me. I want to...stay by your side, and continue to feel this happiness I feel around you. Eve I love you..." Eve felt a vast and overwhelming joy spread throughout her  body.

The joy filled Eve with a great warmth...and peace. Her heart was beating quickly...and powerfully. Her eyes twinkling with tears of joy, that began to treacle down her face, leaving a wet smudgy path as they dropped on her lap. Eve then looked at Tema, her hands on her heart...with a wide smile on her face "so...you don't care...that I'm a sentinel?"

"Why should I care your a sentinel?" said Tema putting a hand on her face, which Eve put her hand on "my father didn't to my Mom" Eve then laughed a little

"I...love you too" the two then drew closer...and shared a blissful moment...in the gentle fall of the snow.

Tema and Eve just enjoyed the moment, as both were filled with peace...and joy. From behind the tree, hidden a little from view were Yumi and Kairi jumping for joy "they did it...they actually did it" said Kairi

"they really did do it" said Yumi "I can't believe it...they really kissed" said Yumi. Aurora was just smiling, as she watched. Then she faintly saw the image of Zephina above them with a vast smile

"Zephina..." said Aurora "goodbye" Zephina smiled at her and ascended to the sky.

Tema and Eve pulled back a little both with red face and great smiles upon their faces. Eve then spoke "Tema...Thank you...for accepting me. I've never felt happier...than I have at this moment"

"Thank you likewise" said Tema smiling "for making me happy" just then Eve peered to her right

"Tema...do you know if you listen to the snow fall? Sometimes you can hear the cries of girls" Tema looked to his left

"I think I do too" Tema breathed in and changed to his sentinel form "let's see shall we?" Tema thrust his hand out, shooting a small current of wind at the Tree.

The Tree shook in its place, causing all the snow on the branches to fall off. As they did " ahhhhhh" called the voice of Yumi "what happened?"

"ahhh...it's going all down my back and dress" called Kairi

"well...what do you know?" said Tema "what they say is correct" the two laughed...and shared another kiss. Tema gestured a thumbs up outward...to which Aurora, who had avoided the snowfall, saw and nodded with a smile.

A little later as the clock struck 9, Tema and Eve waited by the bus station. Aurora was the first to arrive "hey there you two...did you both have a good time?" they looked between each and both wore genuine smiles

"yeah...you could say that" said Tema "where's Kairi and Yumi?"

"Present" they turned to see Yumi and Kairi somewhat snow covered and wet "sorry we're a bit late" said Yumi a bit quietly

"What happened to you two?" said Eve "did you fall in the snow or something?"

"hmm...yeah...yeah we did" said Yumi lying "we just...slipped and got covered"

"Such a shame about that" said Aurora winking to Tema "you'll be able to dry off on the bus or craft back to Nova Aerris" the bus then, as if by magic, just appeared

"Well everyone. Let's go back to Nova Aerris" said Tema "Eve..." he held out a hand to her "let's go" Eve nodded and took his hand.

Back in Nova Aerris, during the late afternoon. It was now only a few hours before the grand tournament of the world. However on a large hexagon platform...was Damos looking out onto the world. Damos was now wearing a new lab-coat, but nothing underneath with smart looking grey trousers "This world...is tainted...and poisoned. Not just this town...but the whole of Skyworld. Full of ego, ignorance and evil" behind him a metal column that began to rise up "Without a guiding hand, the remainder of what used to be Mother Earth...will rot and decay"

The tower went high into the sky, about thirty foot in height, and seemed to resemble a guardian pillar. It was glowing a sort of red colour "Both Humans and Sentinels are flawed beings...doomed to vanish from existence. Humans are weak hearted creatures. They crave the company another in an effort to push the loneliness away. Then when they get the company...they simply throw it away like a unwanted tool

Damos then looked down "Sentinels, artificial humans, are strong and powerful but without the leadership of another...are doomed to simply slip away into nothingness. They are those that speak of peace and kindness...but can they truly be relied on to save the world. No...they can't. They are weak...and too few. Only someone with a strong heart an vision...can see this world to its grand future"

Damos then spread out his arm...his golden blonde hair flapping in the breeze "With my strength and spirit...I will create a new world. Free of suffering and darkness" the pillar shone more brightly "Now...I will save my brethren and those of my creators from their pain and suffering" aboard the luxury craft back to Nova Aerris were Tema and friends "NOW...MY BRETHERN...AND SISTERS HEAR MY VOICE" All but Kairi heard his voice

"Guys...can you hear that?" said Yumi

"yeah...it's Damos!" said Eve holding her head "I can hear him...in my head"

All four held their eyes as the voice continued "YOU HAVE ALL LIVED IN THE DARK TOO LONG. I DAMOS WILL NOW SET YOU FREE. BUT I NEED YOUR HELP TO DO SO, NOW...LEND YOUR POWER...TO ME!" Tema didn't feel any response...but suddenly Aurora, and Eve felt immense pain

"Eve...Aurora...what's wrong?" said Tema while Yumi just fell to the floor "Yumi"

"Something...inside me..." said Aurora painfully "wants to...leave...badly"

"I can...feel it...too" said Eve to which Tema saw a faint light begin to emerge from their chests.

Tema felt helpless as the light continued edging its way out "Tema...Tema!" called Kairi "look...at the sky" Tema looked up...and felt a chill of fear run through his body. He saw vast amount of different colours of lights, shoot like stars...all one direction

"What...what are they?" said Tema looking at them

"They..." said Eve putting her hand over the light "are...sentinel...cores!" Tema and Kairi both shared a same look of fear

"Sentinel...cores!?" said Kairi before noticing "Tema! Yumi's core is..." Tema turned round to see a red light emerge from her chest

"No...YUMI!" shouted Tema but ignoring his great call the light rose up and joined the rest of them with Yumi collapsing.

Tema looked shocked by what he saw and turned to Eve and Aurora still struggling "no...no" said Tema panicking "Come on!" he went to Eve putting a hand on her back "you can't leave me too. Stay with me Eve" Eve slowly started regaining her composure

"the feeling...it's lessening" said Eve as the light went back into her body "I'm...fine" Tema then went to Aurora

"Aurora...come on...you can do it. Stay with me" as he put a hand on her back, Aurora too looked to be improving

"Tema...it's okay" Aurora said as the light went back into her body "I'm...okay now"

Tema felt a little relieved but then he turned to Yumi and picked her up "Yumi...Yumi...come on...wake up" Yumi only reacted with slack movement...like a doll "no...No...Yumi"

"Tema...Tema...look" said Kairi pointing to the distance. Tema looked up to see Nova Aerris in view...but what attracted his attention were four paths of coloured lights all gathered at the same place "are they all...sentinel cores?"

"Damos..." said Tema slowly "he's spoken to all of skyworld!" Damos' voice rung his head again, and Kairi's too

"MY BREATHERN, REJOICE. WITH THE POWER OF YOUR SPIRITS, NEW WORLD ORDER WILL BE MADE. NOW THAT I SAVED MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS...I MUST SAVE MY CREATORS TOO" Eve and Aurora shared panicked looks "HUMANITY...LEND ME...YOUR POWER TOO"at that instant Tema and Kairi became almost screaming out in pain.

Eve went to Tema, and Aurora to Kairi. Both were just crying out "Tema...Tema!" said Eve very scared

"kairi...Kairi what's wrong!?" said Aurora just as scared but then to really add to their worry...something began emerging out their back. From their backs, an almost ethereal white substance began to come out. 

"Tema...Tema! You have to hang in there...please!" Tema couldn't hear her voice, as if the sheer pain dulled his hearing. Then within his head a voice sounded

"Tema...use...your sentinel power" it sounded like Atlas, a weak one "use...your power...and save you...and Kairi"

Tema searched for any strength he had, then with an amazing effort he changed to his sentinel form. Instantly he felt the pain leave his body, but the pain had left his spirit tired. The white substance then went back into his body "ahh...ahh...ahh" Tema then turned to Kairi "Kairi...!" Tema then ran over to Kairi and put held her "I've got you now Kairi" Kairi then felt the pain leave her body "You aren't going anywhere...you're staying here" and soon like Tema he saw the substance go back into hers.

Both of them then fell to their knees, the pain leaving them both immensely tired "Tema...Kairi" said Aurora kneeling down "hold still...I'll help you out a bit" she began bathing them both in a green light "this'll help you

"Are you both...alright?" asked Eve

"I...think so" said Tema as his sentinel form wore off "I've never felt...anything that painful...in my life" then he felt a sensation...that made his body feel it was covered in ice. As Tema looked to the sky with Kairi

"What...what are those?" asked Kairi

"They are...human souls" said Tema weakly.

As the trail of lights stopped...it was replaced by a 'river' of cloudy white. Eve looked to see four 'river' of white "he's...taken the souls of everyone in the world" Eve then turned to the windows leading cockpit "oh no..." Eve quickly took out her aura hammer and smashed the glass...to feel relief "phew...its automated" inside were no people just machines.

Tema and Kairi felt their energy return, and their bodies relieves, as Aurora continued to heal them "Are you both okay now?"

"Yeah...we're fine" said Kairi "but...what's going to happen now? Everyone except us four...has been taken"

"I don't know" said Tema "but I've got the feeling...we're all that's left...to save this world"

"We have to stop Damos" said Eve determined "he has all our friends...and everyone"

"we will" said Aurora "we will stop him"

"and if push comes to shove" said Tema clenching his hand "I plan to finish what I started" the four of them looked on to Nova Aerris as the craft silently went through the darkening sky. 

If you like what you read please leave a comment and/or vote and have a good day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 50 56
It's based on 100% true real life story between Not an own sister and brother. They're working in the same showroom. And thinking to do some drama fo...
22.9K 1.1K 67
After a mysterious illness rapidly spreads across the globe, it seems as if the end of humanity has finally arrived. However, two teens find themsel...
4.8K 405 73
A band of survivors always fleeing from the dead, always running from danger, and always fighting for their lives will do anything to survive the end...
92.4K 2.4K 39
The world, has been destroyed. Buildings lay in rubble, houses lay abandoned and the roads and green fields, now a wasteland. An event only known as...