A Thousand Miles[Thorin Oaken...

By MiddleEarthGirl92

Alyndra is the only daughter of a dying race. Most of her family was whipped out by the vile creature; Azog t... More

[Chapter One]
[Chapter Two]
[Chapter Three]
[Chapter Four]
[Chapter Five]
[Chapter Six]
[Chapter Seven]
[Chapter Eight]
[Chapter Nine]
[Chapter Ten]
[Chapter Eleven]
[Chapter Twelve]
[Chapter Thirteen]
[Chapter Fourteen]
[Chapter Fifteen]
[Chapter Sixteen]
[Chapter Seventeen]
[Chapter Eighteen]
[Chapter Twenty]
[Chapter Twenty One]
[Chapter Twenty Two]
[Chapter Twenty Three]
[Chapter Twenty Four]
[Chapter Twenty Five]
[Chapter Twenty Six]
[Chapter Twenty Seven]
[Chapter Twenty Eight]
[Chapter Twenty Nine]
[Chapter Thirty]
[Chapter Thirty One]
[Chapter Thirty Two]
[Chapter Thirty Three]
[Chapter Thirty Four]
[Chapter Thirty Five]
[Chapter Thirty Six]
[Chapter Thirty Seven]
[Chapter Thirty Eight]
[Chapter Thirty Nine]
[Chapter Forty]
[Chapter Forty One]
[Chapter Forty Two]
[Chapter Forty Three]

[Chapter Nineteen]

2.8K 105 6
By MiddleEarthGirl92

The sun was already shinning through the windows. Alyndra woke up to find Thorin gone, along with the others and she looked around. She could hear chattering at the back door and she got up and walked over to where the others were. " Alyndra their you are... good." The wizard said, seeing the fresh marks on her face but didn't say anything. Thorin held her close, so she wouldn't disappear on him again.

" Well I say we should leg it. Slip out the back way." Nori insisted when he was grabbed by Dwalin.

" I'm not running from no one, beast or no beast." Dwalin snarled, catching a glance from Alyndra. The dwarves began to argue with each other when the wizard cut in.

" There is no point in arguing. We cannot pass through the woodland without Beorn's help. We'll be hunted down, before we ever reach the forest." The dwarves were silent and muttering their dislikes about this. Dwalin didn't show it but he was getting nervous. " Now i'll go out first. Bilbo you come with."

" No. I should be the one to talk to my father. I can get him relax before the dwarves reveal themselves. " Alyndra insisted. She didn't even get one step when she was yanked back.

" I don't want you to go out their alone." Thorin pressed.

" He's my father. He's not going to hurt me!" Alyndra snapped and Thorin backed off. She had kept herself calm when Thorin started getting all protective of her after Dwalin nearly killed her, but ever since he started, she was getting the impression that he thought she couldn't protect herself anymore and she didn't want him to see her as a useless woman. " You might as well come with me too wizard." She added and the wizard waved the frightened hobbit to come along. Gandalf told the dwarves to wait for the signal for when it was time for them to come out. " Hello father." Alyndra called out as she approached her father quickly. The giant man turned around at the sound of his daughters voice. He dropped his axe and ran over to her and hugged her tight.

" Alyndra! I was worried about you." Beorn exclaimed as he kissed his daughters forehead and caught the same scent as the other night and he cringed in disgust. " You have the stench of dwarf on you? You brought dwarves to the house." Beorn hissed at her.

" Good morning." Gandalf interrupted. Beorn snapped his direction at the wizard.

" Who are you?"

" I'm a wizard, I'm Gandalf. Gandalf the grey. Perhaps you've heard of my colleague Radagast the Brown. He resides on the borders of Mirkwood."

" What do you want." Beorn demanded, getting impatient and Alyndra scratched her head wondering how her father was going to take it when he meets the dwarves.

" To simply say thank you to you and your daughter Alyndra for your hospitality." The wizard began. and he started talking about their misfortunes in the misty mountains and then being captured by goblins. Her father was not impressed. The wizard had left out Alyndra's brutal attack, he felt it was his fault, convincing her to go back to them only to be on the receiving end of an arrow.

" Who's this little fellow?" Beorn grumbled, seeing the hobbit that was hiding behind Gandalf's form. The giant man's face was full of rage gripping his axe.

" This is Mr.Baggins from the Shire."

" He's not a dwarf is he?" Beorn asked.

" What no, he's a hobbit." The wizard reassured and the man relaxed. Suddenly the first two dwarves appeared and the man grabbed his axe and held it at the ready. Dwalin, was sweating, remembering what that other man said last night that her father would kill them. Eventually more dwarves came out to reveal themselves to the skin changer only to see him fuming more and more.

" Is that it?" Beorn asked. Alyndra looked and saw Thorin finally emerge from the house and noticed her father recognized not him but by his crest on his trousers, he then turned to his daughter. " Which one of them nearly killed you?" He asked. Alyndra quickly looked at Thorin, worried what her father was going to do. The skin changer saw her quick glance. " Was it him?" He asked heading towards Thorin with his axe in his hand.

" What! no father stop!" She yelled running in front of him and Thorin. The other dwarves had backed away leaving Dwalin in the middle. The skin changer turned his attention to the fearless looking warrior with anger.

" You tried to kill my daughter. " Dwalin looked neither sorry or guilty for what he had done and Beorn tossed his axe to the ground. Thorin pulled the woman to his side, not letting her get in the middle of this and the skin changer threw a harsh punch at the dwarf's face, knocking him to the ground and he felt his lip bleed. The dwarf got back up only to be knocked to the ground again with Beorn yelling words of hatred at the dwarf for attacking his child.

Alyndra couldn't watch anymore, she didn't like seeing her father become this person. She got out of Thorin's grasp and ran over to her father. " Father stop please!" She screamed at him and he looked up at her from nearly about to shove the dwarf's face into the ground again. Dwalin was covered in his own blood. Beorn had never seen his child look at him the way she was now. He tossed the dwarf back to the ground and stepped over him. Alyndra followed behind her father back into the house.

" She just saved your life, brother." Balin grumbled at him before following the others back into the house with Thorin. The skin changer had calmed down and offered the dwarves food. Beorn was now up to date on their quest and that Azog the Defiler was alive and tracking them and they need help to get to the gates of Mirkwood. He offered the dwarves and wizard to stay at his place for one more night and then he wanted them out.

" You care about him, don't you?" Beorn asked, coming up beside his daughter at the kitchen table. He had caught the way she looked at him and noticed how different she was, when she wasn't around him. The dwarves had left to pack the new supplies the skin changer had offered them to at least make it though the forest.

" I do care for him father." She admitted.

" I can see he cares very much for you as well. He can't seem to let you out of his sight for even a second. " Beorn stated and Alyndra looked over at the dwarves to see Thorin would ever so often look at them both. " What about Drakin?"

" I don't want to see Drakin again. He-he's different. He's not the same person he was before he disappeared. I never wanted to be with him. Things are different now. I have someone in my life now." She explained and her father nodded that he understood.

" If he's the one you choose, then i accept it." Beorn stated, and she smiled at her father." What happened to your face?" He asked, remembering he hadn't seen those fresh cuts when he saw her the other night.

" Umm....Drakin was at the house last night and I left with him into the woods alone to tell him that things were different that I was with Thorin and he attacked me." Alyndra swallowed remembering every blow to the face he gave her until she managed to escape.

" If I ever see him again. He'll be sorry. No one hurts my child." Beorn growled.

" Father please your not this person." She begged him, placing a hand on his. He nodded to her that he wouldn't do anything else. Alyndra went to go find Thorin, but as she searched amongst the dwarves he was no where to be seen. " Balin. Have you seen Thorin?" She asked him. The elder dwarf let out sigh.

" He said he had something he needed to take care of." Balin explained as he lifted a finger, pointing that the dwarf prince had left out the back door and she panicked. Alyndra realized he had gone after Drakin for what he had done. Not saying anything she ran out the back door. Thorin didn't know everything about Drakin, including what he was and she ran into the forest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 10.7K 64
Leona Baggins lives with her older brother Bilbo in the peaceful rolling hills of the Shire - that peace is short-lived when a wizard and a group of...
3.3K 162 12
There was once many of us, we were mighty and fierce. Now there are very, very few left. We are Skin Changers. This tale begins when she was living p...
48.5K 1K 15
Neera is Bard's younger sister and was sacrificed to Smaug. Every year Lake Town sacrificed one human from a family to the dragon to ensure their saf...
186K 5.4K 29
Once there was a Hobbit who set out on a quest to reclaim the homeland of the Erebor Dwarves of old. Never did he know where his journey would take h...