The Billionaire Playboy's Bri...

By Meghana_N_S

Can be read as a STAND ALONE BOOK! "Sign!" He demanded. A signature. Just a signature's gonna change both ou... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: First Meeting
Chapter 2: The Proposition
Chapter 3: Her Plot!
Chapter 4: Shock! Not a Surprise.
Chapter 5: The Contract!
Chapter 6: Wedding Shopping!
Chapter 7: Negotiation!
Chapter 8: Life with Him?
Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony & Reception!
Chapter 10: Wedding Night!
Chapter 11: Suspicions
Chapter 12: Intention?!
Chapter 13: Distance
Chapter 14: Him!
Chapter 15: Nowhere!
Chapter 16: New Entry
Chapter 17: Dinner & with Barbie
Chapter 18: Ex Bitch!
Chapter 19: Harsh Slap
Chapter 20: Affair with my Husband!
Chapter 21: Misunderstood Feelings
Chapter 23: Divorce & Kidnap?
Chapter 24: Clarified Confusion!
Chapter 25: Accidents!
Chapter 26: Away from him.
Chapter 27: New Doubts...
Chapter 28: Loud & Clear!
Chapter 29: Confirmations..
Chapter 30: Last Chance...
Chapter 31: Mystery
Chapter 32: Abducted?
Chapter 33: Hope.
Chapter 34: Escape?
Chapter 35: Runaway Again.
Chapter 36: A Missing Puzzle
Chapter 37: Partial?
Chapter 38: Questions.
Chapter 39: Answers.
Chapter 40: Get together
Chapter 41: Locked.
Chapter 42: Ours..
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2

Chapter 22: Past Revelations!

21.2K 872 42
By Meghana_N_S

Evelyn's POV

He held me to his chest as we moved together in between the crowd. He held me so close that no one could even touch a hair on my body. Drunk people around us everywhere. Some drunk. Some onto each other. And here I still have someone with me too. At times like this I feel so secure in his arms.

"Shit! I had called my driver to pick the car, and he's taken it now." He sounded frustrated.

"You were going to spend the night here?" I asked. But just the thought of him with a girl got me upset. Of course, which wife wouldn't be. I'm not in love so... no I am in love. What! I'm so confused.... I squeezed my eyes shut, as I buried my face in his chest.

"Yes, I was planning to actually stay the night here" He said carefully expecting some reaction from me. When I didn't reply he continued "But not with a girl... if that's what you're thinking." He finished as he pulled the jacket, he was wearing to cover me as well.

"Yes, I know. I heard Daniel" I mocked at him.

"Evelyn..." he growled into my ear warning me.

"What?!" I hissed back at him.

"Don't start again Evelyn. Please... We'll go home and then we can sit and talk" He said kissing my forehead.

"Do we take a cab now or wait for your car?" I asked.

"Yeah give me a minute, I'll call Mark" he said.

"No let it be... we'll catch a cab anyways it's too late, he might be sleeping.... Can we go to my house?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows at that but nodded anyway.

"Did you eat anything before you drank?" He asked sternly.

"You don't have to fake care about me. I too do know the reasons why we got married. Love was definitely not one." I said clutching his shirt tightly now.

"Yes, I do remember that. Love will never be the reason. But you are still my responsibility!" He said and pushed me away from him. I suddenly felt too cold, the warm husband I just knew had vanished instead of him was a cold monster who always hurt me. If not physically but verbally.

I just couldn't stand on my own without his support. I was leaning on to a streetlamp. He waved at a cab to stop but it didn't. He hardly waved at three cabs and he was already frustrated. Just then a familiar vehicle parked itself in front of him. And out came...

Nicholas's POV

"Mark? What are you doing here?" I questioned. He was in his usual stiff form.

"Sir, I think you should get in the car... and... your wife" he said breathing heavily.

"What's wrong?" I asked calmly. "Answer Mark" I said gruffly.

"Sir we have found the men following your wife. They were here before you entered the club. They are actually following only her" he said carefully.

Evelyn's POV

I saw Nick speaking to the driver who looked oddly familiar. Nick neared me and he pulled me into his arms as I was unable to stand on my own, swaying from here to there. "Come let's go home now" he said, his voice stiff.

"Who is this?" I whispered into his ear. I thought I was quiet but the man in front of me looked awkward listening to my questioning tone as I was probably looking at him with scrutiny.

"This is Mark" he replied.

"Mark? Mark! Mark... as in Mark?" I repeated. "Mark did you get done a surgery? That's what I thought you look oddly familiar" I slurred with a smile while he stood wide eyed with my confession.

"No ma'am, the Mark you know is my nephew. He works for Sir here while I work for Mr. Rochester. But I'm the head of his security team." The new Mark told me.

Uhm okaay. "Do we go home now? I want go back to my cozy house." I said snuggling into Nick's chest.

"Yes yes, we should get in the car soon" Mark II looked at Nick with strange expression on.

"Mark, take the root to Central Park" he ordered.

"Central Park Sir?" He asked confused.

"Yes, to Evelyn's house that's nearby" he replied. He was here but I know he was thinking something, his mind was somewhere else.
Other than the radio going on in the background there was complete silence. It wasn't awkward nor was it comforting, I'd rather say it was disturbing.

"We're here" Mark second's voice cut in through the thick silence surrounding us.

Nick lead me to the door and removed a key from his pocket. "You have a key to my house?" I asked feigning shock. He just looked amused at me with a growing smirk.

"Get in I'll be back soon" he said and turned around to speak to Mark. I just pretended to go inside to my room. But I know something's up with the kind of expressions they had on. Nick wasn't tensed, he was calm yet too stiff. Mark seemed a whole lot uncomfortable with my presence there. I slowly crept behind the door so that I could listen. Okay! Please don't mind me but I have this horrible habit of eavesdropping at others. What?! I'm curious ok!

I know I'm drunk. My steps might falter but I'm still very much sober.

"Mark! Before you leave arrange security for my sister. Shit! Isa's alone" he pulled on his hair.

"Sir security has been arranged here and with you sister as well. I will leave after few minutes as soon as our men arrive here. And your sister is not home. She has gone out to a club." I heard Mark say nervously.

"What the fvck is she doing in a club?! Couldn't you have told me before?" He screamed at him. I almost flinched when I heard his tone. "See to it that no one comes as close to even touching her" he said, and Mark nodded.

He turned around to come back inside and I quickly leapt into the sofa pretending as though I was sleeping all this while.

"Eve.... Eve..." he whispered into my ear and I fake groaned. "Room?" He asked when I slowly opened my eyes to which I nodded. He slowly crept his arm under my waist and the other around my legs and quickly caught me in his strong hold.

"Nick...." I whispered. He hummed in reply. " I want cry" I said and buried my nose in his neck.

He groaned heavily with a sigh. "Are trying to seduce me?" He asked in a heavy husky tone.

Well actually I wasn't but now I want to after hearing him groan... all I can imagine is how his eyes squeeze shut with his jaws clenched, mouth and lips open slightly with his heavy breathing, his body all hot and glistening with his sweat, the way I clench around him and I don't know how he manages to squeeze himself inside of me.

"Is it working?" I asked as I grazed my teeth on the skin on his neck.

"It is... but you're not in your right state of mind" he said, and I sighed back into his chest. "Now tell me why you want to cry?" He asked as he dropped me on bed and moved his hands to the back of my dress to open the zip. I looked at him with narrowed eyes questioning his actions. "Hmph... dirty mind!" He said and left me in my bra and panties. He stripped down to his boxers and jumped behind me covering us with a blanket.

"Excuse me! Did you forget we actually fought?! I screamed pushing him away.

"Babe..." he groaned again.

"Don't babe me! You wanted a divorce, didn't you?! You asshole! Fvcker! You're such a pervert! All you want is sex" I got up turning around to face him.

"Honeey...-" he started.

"Shut up! Let me complete... what were your two wh*res doing at my home?!" I screamed.

"My home?" He smirked.

"Nick I'm serious" I jumped out of bed. "And in the morning! You have no right to comment on my parents or my past. I was just trying to help your relationship with your parents. But all you did was insult me. That is all you do. All the time! If you think I'm not worthy of you why did you even marry me in the first place?!" I ranted continuously as Nick was now looking at me intently. Ok I think I'm still high on alcohol.

"I did not insult you, not every time, and we were in the privacy of our room" I said gruffly.

"Oh yes you did." I said crossing my arms over my chest. "You did take me to our room, but there was nothing private! With the kind of tone, you used! Everything was heard! Your mom even asked me stop calling them 'Mom-Dad' if that makes you happy" ok I shouldn't have blurted that out. But I just couldn't stop myself.

"She told you that?" He whispered with concern. I only rolled my eyes to that. "I knew it. That woman was always that conniving." Ugh! He started again.

"What were the two wh*res doing at my home?" I questioned them quickly added. "And yes, it is my home because as you suggested when we get a divorce I'm going to snatch every penny off you. At least that way I can get my revenge!" I spoke the last sentence to myself, loud enough for him to hear.

"Didn't you just drink yourself to death?" He asked with brows knitted together. And I glared back at him if that was the answer he was giving me. "Ok ok. I don't know how they entered... even I came there just a second before you arrived. And don't worry I have warned Isabella to not invite her ever again to your house. Happy? And I personally warned Melanie" he sighed with a hand covering his forehead.

What was answering that such a headache? "What do you mean by personally?" I asked mischievously and he gave a me a blank stare. "Hmph... Isabella will definitely do the opposite!" I grumbled to myself.

"Now what is the problem that you have with my sister?!" He glared at me.
I just crashed into bed pulling the blanket up to my neck as I suddenly remembered I was just in my bra and panties and threw back the same glare at him. He breathed loudly and sat next to me. His arm coming to hug my shoulder. I really want to talk about to him, like talk talk! I sighed.

Nicholas's POV

"Ok I will never talk about your past again" I said kissing her temple and pulled her waist closer to me.

"I don't like remembering how my parents treated me" she turned around and snuggled into my chest. "I feel scared, and I don't like that feeling very much. I feel very cold Nick... I feel very cold" I enclosed her within my arms pulling the blanket around her tightly. "I remember whenever I'd even get an appraisal in a party, they would lock me outside the house in the cold, sometimes in my balcony. I never tried to dress better than Rose. Because I knew that if I did, momma would starve me for days" she said, and I knew she was crying. Her sobs were heard loud and clear.

"Didn't you ever complain?" I asked like a fool. I wasn't good at comforting. I was straight forward and all I wanted to know now was that why was my Eve so weak then.

"I couldn't.... They sent me here to New York because there was some guy who was to live at our place, just so he'd notice Rose and not me. That is when I met Caroline. Uncle Roger knew everything." She sighed happily. "My life changed. I was suddenly so happy.... I never wished to come back, but I had to. And by the time I came home that guy had already left, leaving Rose behind! Aaaand.... they were planning my wedding with you, to you. Then I heard you that night.... I didn't know you were forced to marry me. And I didn't know how to go against them, so I just ran. I knew I'd never meet them again but.... you came and you just changed my fate" she said giggling to herself.

"Evelyn... you won't have to think about it now. They are never going to come back to your life!" I said trying to comfort her. It was on her who the pain was inflicted. But just imagining the things she went through had me reaching down to grab my pants to find my pistol.

"And I remember when I was twelve, daddy hit me to pulp. I was barely able to stand. Every pain I received was only if someone would appreciate me. They stopped taking me to parties or buying me clothes. I never dared to ask them for anything" her voice held so much anger but with that was lost hope.

"Evelyn stop. I can't-" I started but she cut me off quickly.

"Please listen to me! I want someone to listen to me... for once in my life... please..." she said, and I sighed holding her to my chest. I needed her protection. I felt my chest twisting with pain when she continued sobbing.
"And look... you were right that I got a shitty family...... but I expected something else from future. I thought life has thrown enough unhappy and unlucky scenes into my life, now is the time to be happy, but he sent me you. I don't even have anyone to tell my sob stories to... here I'm bawling my eyes out to my husband.... who doesn't even want me in the first place." She laughed bitterly.

Evelyn's POV

"-who doesn't even want me in the first place." It's true isn't it? I feel so unwanted. Not one person in my life actually wants me.
It felt good to have someone to speak to, to share with. But it was just as embarrassing.

"You're not unwanted Evelyn" he softly, caressing my hair. That's all I wanted. Something who'd want me. Who'd tell me everything will be alright. Who'd care for me.
I lifted my head to look at him, he looked scared and confused not knowing what to do with me. I know exactly what my husband's thinking, he was completely clueless.
When I said I want talk, this is not how I thought I'll talk. That damn well was a whole lot of past revelations!

I wiped the tears off my face, "Did you know? After I ran away from there, I'd purposely locked myself out in the cold or in the darkness of my room. So that I'd never get scared. They were my weakness. I couldn't afford to have one. After all I was a single woman, living all alone." I smiled looking into his eyes. There.... I'm back. I can't be weak!
"I'm tired.... I want sleep now" I closed my eyes as he pulled me up on his body. I went into a deep slumber not before pressing my lips on his chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 17.5K 28
Arranged marriage? In this day and age? Seriously? That's the proposition Elizabeth Westville, a young beautiful heiress, has to face in order to bri...
721K 25.1K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...
29.1M 997K 55
|#1 in Romance.| 15-5-17 Amelia Primrose. Your typical, carefree and bubbly girl who has been making through thick and thin to provide her sister and...
4.6M 108K 25
Join me in my penthouse suite. I will make you feel things you have never felt before... Sophia has always believed that she did not need a man in he...