Chapter 36: A Missing Puzzle

Evelyn's POV

"Are you serious!" I gritted my teeth looking at that face.

"Who's that hottie..." Chrissy squealed next to me. And then he stood up with his hands-on hips pushing his suit jacket away which revealed his gun attached near the belt.
Chrissy next to me, gasped.

"Don't worry... he'll not hurt us." I whispered. I was sure. A day with him and I almost... already knew him. "What are you doing here Riccardo!?" I directed my question at him stepping inside the house.

"I've come here to get you. Why else do you think?" He sounded stern. Not ready to listen to anything I say. "Let's go." He gritted his teeth.

"Eve!" That was Nick's voice coming from behind, huffing. "Eve! Don't you understand! You've already been abducted; we haven't even had the time to-" he was ready to give me long lecture until he saw Riccardo behind me inside the house.

I turned around to see him looking behind me at Riccardo. Enough! "How did you both know where I was?" I turned my head from left to right looking at them both repeatedly. But I guess I still hadn't understood the seriousness of the situation until Nick pushed me out of the door and both of them pounced upon each other.

"NICK!!" I screamed trying to hold him back. "Nick! Stop." I pulled at his arm that forced Nick to endure a blow thrown at his face.

I quickly let go of his arm. Shit! I ran out to get someone to help me other than Chrissy.
"Mark! Mark!" I called standing near the door who was leaning on the car's deck, I shouted until he noticed. I ran back to hold them, but they only just kicked and punched each other. My living room was messy with their jacket thrown here and there and my vases thrown and furniture broken, all in a few minutes.

Mark came in holding a gun in his hand pointing at them but couldn't exactly point at them.

"Nick! Nick... Riccardo! Riccardo... Ric" I stopped myself before I'd get hurt. "Riccardo... I'll agree to come with you if you stop fighting." I shouted. But that did no good.

Both of them sent a glance at me, Riccardo smirked in response, and Nick... even more furious. My comment and his smirk only just irked him. But then I realised, that this fight was not over me. It was for something else. Mark gave me a stare, instructing me to stand in place and ran out determined. But I obviously didn't obey. I stood helpless, breathing heavily, only for a moment, because I quickly grabbed the gun Riccardo had near his waist.

"Both of you! Stop! Or I'm going to shoot." I said and stretched my arm pointing the gun at them to emphasise that I really would. There was no use, because that didn't affect them even a tiny bit. By now they had pushed my sofa, that had fallen backwards, and Nick had a gash on his head that was bleeding profusely. Riccardo had a bloody nose. But this couldn't continue, and I could definitely not lose a husband. Or a brother who I still hadn't gotten a chance to know.
"You both stop right now, or I shoot myself." There was moment of hesitance from but looking at me holding the gun to my head, they stopped.

"You wouldn't." Nick said gruffly.

"Try me." I replied and Riccardo let go of his collar. Nick knew me to an extent, but Riccardo didn't. I had the gun to my head, but I wouldn't harm my baby for these two idiots. But they didn't know that.

"Stop what you're doing... keep the gun aside! And stop interfering-"

"Don't order me around Nick!" I glared at him. "Now! Tell me how did you both know I'm here?!" I asked, only see them throwing glares at each other. "Howw...??" I emphasised and they finally acknowledged me by looking at me.