First Love

Galing kay brionnadenise

"Walls down," I say softly. He looks at me intently, I move my hand away from his, never losing eye contact... Higit pa

Introducing Maria
Chapter 1. We Had Plans
Chapter 2. Bestfriend Test
Chapter 3. Family & Naps
Chapter 4. Delusion & Secret Kisses
Chapter 5. Karaoke Fun & Movie Nights
Chapter 6. Secret Plans & Surprises
Chapter 7. Fun & Dance
Chapter 8. New Pictures & Remaining Friends
Chapter 9. Feelings (Being Honest)
Chapter 10. Serendipity
Chapter 11. Goodbyes & Hellos
Chapter 12. New Best Friends
Chapter 13. Counting Stars
Chapter 14. Wake Me Up & Tease Me
Chapter 15. First Dates & Simple Crushes
Chapter 16. It's Unfair but I Don't Mind.
Chapter 18. Those Days
Chapter 19. Waiting Game
Chapter 20. The Date
Chapter 21. I've Been Missing You
Chapter 22. Thoughts (Lawrence Ray POV)
Chapter 23. Friends, Lovers or Nothing
Chapter 24. Friends
Chapter 25. Lovers
Chapter 26. Meet the Salvatinos
Chapter 27. You'll Never Know
Chapter 28. C'est Si Bon
Chapter 29. Summer Nights
Chapter 30. And We're Back
Chapter 31. Fireplaces & Live Music
Chapter 32. Give it Up
Chapter 33. Skinny Love
Chapter 34. Almost Is Never Enough
Chapter 35. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Chapter 36. (500 Miles) Lawrence Ray POV
Chapter 37. Be My Forever
Epilogue: How Long Will I Love You
a love letter to my maria

Chapter 17. Home... forever

101 5 0
Galing kay brionnadenise

Chapter 17. Home (Is Wherever I'm with You)

"Mr. Big Stuff who do you think you are? Mr. Big Stuff you're never gonna get my love," I sang softly while making pancakes and biting a piece of my bacon. I spin around singing still and see Ray grinning at me.

"Great, just great! You're trying to give me a heartache, I'm so young I haven't lived a full life yet. Could you wait 'til my eighties dear," I say hand on my chest. His grin only turns into a laugh.

"That little scene there was cute. Even your rambling just a second ago," He tease and stick my tongue out at him.

"Shut it, or there'll be no pancakes for you mister. Beer tease the chef," I say sternly, he smirks.

"Yes ma'am. Chef Mare," He says taking a piece of bacon and sitting down at the table.

"So what's on the agenda today my young friend," He ask looking at the newspaper dramatically, I swat his arm.

"Quit it oldie," I giggle and he raise his hand in surrender.

"Today we will... quote on quote... go with the flow," I say dramatically.

"Gasp! There will be no such... flowing," Ray jokes with me.

"But ahh, indeed there will be." I say checking the pancakes.

"It'll be nice just hanging out, us two. We haven't done much of just hanging out with no plans since my little hang out with Drew and his friends. Seeing that, that was two weeks ago I think we've got some catching up to do,"

"I like your thinking Mare. It's a day then," He says.

4Hours Later

"So we've been wine and dined by your wonderful parents, we played football games at my place with my dad, we've did some errands for my mom and we caught up with Days life for an hour and a half. We went to the racing track again. We went to get you some more vintage tees and Polaroid film for us. Now we're eating sherbet. What's next Mare? It's your turn to lead us," Ray says.

"Hey! You didn't mention the location of which we are eating our sherbet at darling! You can't skip facts, you have to state them all if we are going to be thorough. We are eating sherbet... are our favorite part, on Days favorite slide. Then we're gonna. . . um, go hang out with the guys. If that's alright with you and them," I say taking a little spoon of his strawberry-lemon sherbet.

"Fine with me. I'll call them and keep your spoon to your sherbet Ms. Salvatino," Ray says.

___________________________________________________________

(With the Boys)

"Salvy," Tyler yells and I run into his arms.

"Ty!" I laugh when he spins me around.

"Well, I've never got this type of greeting! From any of you," Ray laughs as I move on to Joseph. I run and jump in Rays arms and hug him tightly.

"Ray! I missed you even though it's been two seconds and this whole act is fake," I say sarcastically and the boys laugh at me whilst Ray ruffles my hair and I slap his hand.

"How've you been kids. Mama missed y'all," I say smiling at them

"If it isn't that southern coming out in our little Mare," Joseph says and I curtsy.

"We're doing good. Ray hasn't been on a leash in a while so the real question is where've you been and why haven't we seen you? How you been," Tyler says nudging Rays arm.

"Hanging out with the newbies in my life and my family. I'm sorry I haven't put Ray on a leash that's really Days job. That right Mr. Ray? I like you to have your freedom," I say looking over at Ray and he nods.

"But nothing much has been happening in my life. I'm spending the day catching up with Ray so I decided. . why not go see the guys? Y'know?" I grab both Ty and Joe shoulders and they lift me up, each carrying me by one leg.

"To the band room," Ray says and they carry me to the room with Ray in lead.

"Thanks guy. Such gentlemen," I say as they sit me on the couch.

We begin to play guitar hero, while Ray plays with the piano quietly.

"Bullshit! How'd you beat my high score!? No one has been able to score higher than me in five months. What the hell Mare," Tyler says looking at the screen in shock, meanwhile I hold my guitar speechless.

"Well. . . first, I'd like to thank the rock gods and guitar hero for teaching me unhealthy lifestyle decisions with a toy guitar and tv, practice makes perfect. . and takes time. Ray for supporting me through crappy score, Joe for coaching me, and also Ty & Daya for being so competitive. Otherwise I don't know how I beat you Ty. I seriously have no idea what I did. But... in your face sucka," I say jumping around excitedly. Ray and Joseph laugh at my hyper mood.

"You kicked my ass. I'd kiss you if I didn't know that Ray would kill me. But then what would be the fun in that? No me equals no happy anyone. Y'all need me. It's obvious," Tyler says.

"Big head or," I mumble to Joe and he laughs. Tyler stalks upon me slowly.

"Ty, if your fingers dare touch my stomach I will kill you in 36 of my most creative ways kid!" I threaten him.

"Don't do it Ty," Ray yells, laughing.

Unfortunately Tyler pinky did touch me and I ended up tackling him on the ground and punching him playfully. Okay I got a good few hard punches in, just so he knew I meant business, nothing that could hurt him.

We play other X-Box and Play Station One games until my fingers feel numb and then I rest on Rays lap.

"Wakey! Wakey! Maria," I hear Ray say softly in my ear and then kiss my forehead. I open my eyes slowly and yawn, stretching.

"Hey. I didn't mean to K.O," I say softly as I look at the guys.

"It's all good, you looked swamped. Besides you looked peaceful on Ray, we weren't going to bother you if you're anything like Day when she wakes up. We weren't taking our chances. Besides Ray wouldn't let us even if we tried," Joe said and I giggled softly.

"I don't even mess with Daya in her sleep, I learned to let her wake up on her own or use an alarm clock. Otherwise no, no. Glad we all know better," I say lowly and they laugh at me.

"Well, Mare I have the next plan ready for us so when you're ready to get up, tell me. I'm ready when you are," Ray says.

"How you enjoying your day with Lawrence so far Ms. Salvy," Tyler asks.

"It's been good so far," I say smiling at Ty.

"He knows about our situation Mare," Ray whispers to me.

"Oh! Okay. Ty you don't have to put any good words in for Ray or get me to confess anything. I enjoy spending time with Ray he knows that. In a best friend way or not, I enjoy spending time with him. No worries kid," I smile at Tyler. He's such a good and caring friend for Ray.

"Team Mare and Ray," Joe says trying to imitate a girl, failing miserably and I laugh.

"Jos! Stop it," I laugh.

"Aww man I'm Jos again. I'm sorry I won't do it anymore! Call me Joe again," He pleads, I laugh and nod.

"Okay, I'm ready Ray," I say getting up and the boys follow my lead.

"I love you guys and I'll spend more time with y'all very soon. Matter fact just text me when y'all wajna hang. Rather it's all of us or just two of us," I say hugging them.

"Love you too Mare. Bye," Ty and Jo wave goodbye.

"Bye," Ray and I say together.

"I don't even understand how we ended up here. Out of all the places we've been to today this might be the most unusual or out of the ordinary for us my friend," I say to Ray and he laughs.

"What we've sung so many times together recently I figure we might as well go to a karaoke bar and watch some performances, maybe do one ourselves," He says putting a emphasis on so.

Sighing, "Well I suppose we can and while we're at it we can get some hot wings with ranch and celery and artichoke dip on me. No ifs, an's or buts darling," I smirk when I see the hint of disapproval in his eyes.

"You know I never let you or Daya pay for us when we go out to eat. You're pushing it little one. I'll pay," Lawrence says and I shake my head no.

"You don't have to Ray. You can pay for yours and I'll pay for mine," I say softly.

"You know I'm not suggesting I pay because I grew up with my father teaching me that or because I think it's the man job to do right? I'm not sexist or anything if that's what you're thinking. I just like doing things for my friends if I have the ability and money to do so. I even offer paying for my male friends too," He begins to ramble on and I smile.

"Ray, I know you. I believe you're just honestly a gentlemen and nice guy when it comes to your friends. No need to explain yourself. But as you know I like to treat myself and I don't depend on nothing or no one. So I'll pay for myself," I smile.

"Miss independent. Strong minded girl. Don't need or want anyone," He say smiling at me proudly.

"Correct. Got it from my momma. Plus why would anybody want to need someone. It's like saying 'I need someone in order to live'. It shouldn't be like that. I like when people are like 'see I could live without you but I don't want to' it's so much better like that. Depending on someone or needing someone could be dangerous. If anything I want to want someone that much. You get me," I say quickly as we sit at a booth and wait for a random waiter to come by.

"I get you 100%. I really want you to be in my forever, but I don't need you to be in my life. As long as I knew you that's good with me. An example would be 'I want you to love me' and 'I need you to love me' doesn't sit well with me. ," He says.

"The only time need could possible work is in lust. So many people when they're getting 'hot and heavy' they say 'I need you' because they probably are over powered with need for that person. In my opinion," I say before the waiter come to our table.

"Are you ready to order," She ask cheerily.

"Yes," Ray and I say together.

"Drinks," She asks.

"Sprite and Sierra Mist," Ray answers for the both of us not even surprising me that he knew what drink I wanted.

"Okay and what are you ordering this evening?" She says.

"Hot wings with ranch and celery and artichoke dip. Please," I say politely.

"Okay it'll be thirty mins or less. I'll be back with your drinks in just a moment," She says before she walks off.

I begin to hum to the sound of a man playing a guitar and singing Ed Sheeran 'Lego House'.

I'm gonna pick up the pieces,

And build a Lego house

Couples begin to dance in the center of the karaoke bar and I smile softly at the romantic scene.

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm

If you're broken I will mend you and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now

"Earth to Mare," Ray says getting my attention.

"Oh! I'm sorry Ray. That man is setting a mood," I say gesturing over to the man singing, Lawrence nods smiling.

"He is. It seems every time we hang out there's bound to be a Ed Sheeran song sung or heard. Maybe he's our mood setter," Ray shrugs.

"Our guy. Or the man that made the music our friendship soundtrack revolves around," I laugh.

"Buddy ol' Ed. I say we meet him and thank him. One day in the future," Ray jokes.

"Hey! Who said I'll be sticking with you for that long? That there'll be a future for us kid," I lean forward on the table with my chin in the palm of my hand.

"I say so. I have a firm belief that you're a forever kind of girl. I doubt when you make friends you think 'this is my for now friend'. Nope. As My Maria, I declare it. You're a forever type of girl Mare," He says leaning in on his forearms. He says as though he dares me to deny, to go against his word.

And it's so hard to say it but I've been here before

Now I'll surrender up my heart

And swap it for yours

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love

I'll pick you up when you're getting down

"Firm believer indeed. I won't go against you declaration. Our friendship shall be a forever type of thing. Deal," I say reaching my fist out to fist bump his.

And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

Don't hold me down

I think my braces are breaking, and it's more than I can take

"Of course. Deal. We're Mare and Ray. Lawrence and Maria forever," He smiles fist bumping me.

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love

I'll pick you up when you're getting down

And out of all these things I've done I will love you better now

I turn to the performer and applaud him as the rest of the house does.

"That was a very good cover of that song," I turn back to Ray and he nods.

The waiter sits our meal down in front us and politely tells us to enjoy, we thank her.

"Ahhh! This is amazing," I say as I taste the hot artichoke dip. Lawrence laughs at me.

"Shut up. I'm a big food lover! Don't judge me," I pout, digging in.

"It just gets me all the time. The way your so active with your dancing and track, overall stay fit, be healthy personality. But how you can smash so much food rather it be healthy or junk food. It always gets a laugh from me," he says grinning.

"Whatever! It's a balance. A great balance in my opinion," I say defending my honor.

"Well your balanced lifestyle is doing you just fine. I say," He compliments me.

I grin, shaking my head.

We eat in a peacefully silence, small talking randomly otherwise we paid attention to the performers.

"Hey! I think we should go up now. It's getting later and people are starting to leave. Let's get up there and give our table up," I say standing when we're both finished with our meal. Ray grins and gets up, stretching.

"Let's pay first and then we'll go up," He says waving over our waiter.

"Ready to pay," She asks.

"Yes," I say.

"Together," She asks.

"Yes," Ray says.

"I'll be right back," She says going to get a receipt.

"You do have money on you? Not just a card," Ray asks.

"Yes sir. I suppose we're splitting the check," I say and he nods just as the waiter comes back.

We split the check and give her the pay book back.

"Hi. I'm Maria and he's Lawrence. We just wanted to sing something for you all before they close up," I say as Lawrence chooses a song.

"So here goes," Ray comes up to me with a smile on his face. I look at him suspiciously and the song start, with whistling.

*if you want to, you can start playing the song now*

Alabama, Arkansas,

I do love my Ma and Pa

Not the way that I do love you

I sing, smiling towards Ray.

Well, holy moly me oh my

You're the apple of my eye

Girl, I've never loved one like you

Lawrence sings towards the crowd, grabbing my hand and spinning me around and I giggle.

Man, oh, man, you're my best friend

I scream it to the nothingness

There ain't nothing that I need

I sing swaying.

Well, hot and heavy pumpkin pie

Chocolate candy, Jesus Christ

Ain't nothing please me more than you

Ray sing before we sing together, seeing a bunch of watchers join in and having fun.

Moats and boats, and waterfalls,

Alleyways, and payphone calls

I been everywhere with you (that's true)

Laugh until we think we'll die,

Barefoot on a summer night

Never could be sweeter than with you

By now everyone's up and dancing and laughing, rather it's at our silly antics or just because of the lightness of the song I don't care, because the moment is beautiful.

La la la la

Take me home

Mama, I'm coming home

Jade?

Alexander?

Do you remember that day you fell outta my window?

I sure doyou came jumping out after me.

Well, you fell on the concrete, nearly broke your ass, and you were bleeding all over the place, and I rushed you out to the hospital, you remember that?

Yes, I do.

Well, there's something I never told you about that night.

What didn't you tell me?

Well, while you were sitting in the back seat smoking a cigarette you thought was gonna be your last, I was falling deep, deeply in love with you, and I never told you 'til just now!

Home, let me come home,

Home is wherever I'm with you

Our home, yes, I am home,

Home is when I'm alone with you

"Thank you everyone. It was fun," I say as we leave the stage hand in hand. Ray pulls me into him tickling my sides and I giggle trying to get away.

"That was a beautiful performance you two did. No ones everyone really gave off that much energy. But no couple or couple in love has been on that stage either from what I've seen coming here for the past few months," An elderly man says to us.

"Oh we're just bestfriends! But thank you. We enjoy singing with each other," I smile at the man.

"Sweetheart you two may be bestfriends. But even a blind fool could tell that y'all are in love. It's nice, humbling really to see young people in love these days and not just in lust. Ain't it dear," An women that looks about the same age as the man. I blush at the women's comment, avoiding eye contact with Ray.

"It is. Although I think you made the poor girl go mute with that comment of yours Jadey," The man says. I giggle, shaking my head.

"A shout into the void," I mumble.

"Love," Ray mumbles back to me and I nudge him.

"We've been married 27 years. Met when we were 17. You two look at each other like you've known each other hearts and souls like your lungs knows when it should inhale air. Like it's a unquestionable or understandable familiarity to want to hold each other or behave as a couple," The man says.

"I'm sorry what's your name," I asks softly.

"It's a bit scary because of the song you two sang but as you know she's Jade and I'm Alex. Or as I call her My Jadey and I'm Alexander," He smiles.

"My Alexander," She smiles.

"Pleasure to meet you Jade and Alexander. You probably already know our names," Ray says shaking their hands.

"Yes the lovely Maria and Lawrence," Jade says.

"My Maria, her Ray. Best friends," Ray says and I realize I'm still in his arms.

"Mare and Ray," I add softly as I unwrap my arms from around him but stay in his arms.

"Y'all keep saying best friends. But then hold a possessiveness of each other. I know y'all are young. You don't feel a need to rush anything or jump into the oblivion. You want to learn about things with and without each other. You probably want to fall in love with other people before even trying to imagine loving each other that intimately. But if there's anything I can tell you two, it'll be to never deny yourself the pleasure of being loved, knowing love and giving it because it's a truly amazing thing and it may pass you up if you allow it," Alexander says.

"But if your friendship is a forever type of thing like that performance just showed me. Then allow it to be, because somewhere in that forever that friendship won't only be a friendship it'll be a partnership, it'll be love. It'll be a home," Jade says.

"My home being in Jadey and hers unfathomably being in my heart," Alex says.

"He is a familiarity," I say nodded.

"And she is a home. A comfort zone and a vacation. But we are best friends. And we have acknowledge that there is some feelings involved. But," Ray said but was cut off when the older couple looked at each other smiling.

"You two are in love. Y'all are very stubborn too. It reminds me of us. But I wasn't friends nor bestfriends with Jadey when I asked her out. We were strangers but she caught my eye and made my heart do a weird jump so I dived head in. Then eventually we became each other nightmares, friend, best friend, confidant, comforter, bed, cover, and lover, but I was her soulmate the night I saw her," Alexander said.

"I in fact think the only difference between you two is that you've known each other but never took the time to know each other. Probably because you have a mutual friend and you both never thought of anything happen between each other because you knew each other for awhile," Jade says.

"This is scaring me," I say to Ray.

"It's like they're reading our story to us. Daya would love this," He says to me and I laugh at the image of our best friend excitedly jumping at the couples revelation about us.

"She would. Too bad she's in Miami. Yay us though," I smile up at him.

"Daya isn't in the middle of you two any more. That gave y'all the opportunity to fill in the void. Since she left that allowed y'all to really know each other," Jade says and I nod.

"You're in love dear," Jade smiles softly at me and my heart jumps.

"I've just now started to date," I blurt.

"Ah!! I get why they're trying to fight it now," Alexander says to Jade as though we're not here.

"Darling you want to date, fall in love, become heartbroken and then go to your true love. I get it," Jade giggles.

"Are y'all a forever type of thing," Jade asks.

"We actually just had this talk and we have a agreed that we are the forever type of people. We want a forever type of friendship," Ray says confidently.

"I'd love for y'all to have a forever kind of relationship too. The chemistry on that stage was... well it was beautiful. I can't get passed it," Jade says.

"She's always been a romantic hasn't she," I ask Alexander and he smiles big.

"Of course. I was always the hopeless romantic, sonnet, poetry writing guy. Saps we are," He jokes.

"That's actually really cute. Sonnets guy, huh? I'll have to check out your work sometime. You should teach some of the jerks, I mean boys of the world something about vulnerability and love. Maybe they'd learn that-" I begin.

"That being vulnerable and not afraid of love, commitment is something brave and confidence boosting," Ray finishes, raising a eyebrow to ask if he was right.

"Right indeed. You could teach them something as well Ray," I nudge him.

"I'd be glad to hang out with you kids and show you my work Maria. I know that suggestion was a sly way of telling us you're dying to hang out with such cool kids as ourselves," Alexander says and Jade laughs at him.

"Sure they are Alex," She smiles at her husband.

"We really are," Ray and I say together, causing all of us to laugh.

"Well we'll leave you two with some food for your thoughts. You say you're best friends, we know you love each other rather it be platonic or not, you want a forever with each other and you like each other. So why wait to be together," Alexander asks. We all exchange numbers and hug goodbye but not before Jade gives me the address of their home.

"Tonight has been amazing Ray. A great day with great company," I say hugging him by my house door.

"I agree. We also had great fun, great food, great music and along with the great company we made new friends. They really gave us some things to think about," Lawrence hugs me tighter.

"Yeah. But lets not stress it, at least not right now. We'll sleep on it for a couple of days and then we can talk about it when we both have our thoughts together. But for now I think I've been spoiled and I don't want you to leave. You've literally became my second Daya, although Daya and I don't cuddle. She keeps me company at night and sing with me sometimes like you do. I also share my bed with her so you've got that too. I mean I haven't really seen you in two weeks and-," I say rambling on.

"Mare? Your point," Lawrence smiles softly at me, arms still wrapped around me.

"My point is I haven't had either of my best friends sleep over in a while and I miss waking up to one of y'all faces so, stay the night? Watch a movie with me and then we can go to sleep. Please," I ask.

"I have to call Daya we've created a monster. Spoiled you are. But I wouldn't think you'd mind not having me around at night since it mostly Daya with you but... yeah. I'll stay," Lawrence says and lets me get on his back. We ask and tell my mom our plans for the night and tell her goodnight, then we tell Darren goodnight and then we peacefully watch our movies, closing out our night.

____________________________________________________________

Thank xxo ;) Bri

Chapter Song -

Home x Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

Alexander ‒ Well, there's something I never told you about that night.

Jade ‒ What didn't you tell me?

‒ Well, while you were sitting in the back seat smoking a cigarette you thought was gonna be your last, I was falling deep, deeply in love with you, and I never told you 'til just now!

Home is when I'm alone with you!"

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

502 100 31
It's my first story. Story about two families becoming one. Life. Love. Friendship. They were together in high school, but lives them apart! After 20...
14.3K 452 32
Life was so simple. So much more carefree and just generally free to do as you please and not have to worry about every little thing. Key word bein...
81.4K 1.6K 27
Complete✔️ *** "Everything I said yesterday was true. You drive me crazy Adrian." Our lips are inches apart. He pulls my head up exposing my neck. "D...
2.2K 121 31
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...