The Claim ✔️ *Editing*

By felisidy901

Brinn has known Alpha Titus as a close family friend since she was ten years old. He was like a big brother t... More

Prologue
1. Change In Scenery
2. Missed Me?
3. Easy There Tiger
4. Off We Go
5. Second Home
6. Work Flow
7. You Call This A Party?
8. Betrayal
9. Truth
10. When Reality Hits
11. Adjustments
12. Mating Ceremony
13. Responsililities
14. Pack Run
15. Leaving So Soon?
16. Unexpected
17. Training
18. New Person, Same Old Mistakes
19. Just One Drink
20. Spill
22. Finally Home
23. Back To Normal
24. I Fall Apart
25. Today's the Day
26. Reunion*
27. Calm Before the Storm
28. Don't Get Too Comfortable
29. Coming To Terms
30. Judgment Day
31. Waiting Game
32. Don't Be Angry With Me
33. The Truth Always Comes Out
34. Flawed
35. It's Time
36. Certianty
37. Priorities
38. The Choices We Make
39. Vanished
40. Unspoken Words
41. New Home
42. Silence
43. All Seriousness
44. New Reality
45. Stand Still
46. New Beginnings
Epilogue

21. Walk Away

161K 4.1K 394
By felisidy901

Brinn POV

When I woke, I had a major headache. Sitting up, I ran my hands through my unruly hair. I looked out of the window and noticed that it was still night time. I couldn't have been asleep for too long, an hour at most.

Memories came flooding in my mind, of the previous events. I instantly knew I couldn't stay here anymore. Titus was different, he wasn't the same wolf I grew up with. It scared me.

I tore the bandage off of my neck, causing me to wince a little. I shuffled out of the bed and made my way into the closet. After throwing a bunch of my clothes into my Adidas duffle bag, I knew Titus would show up at any minute and I had to be quick about it.

When I was fully packed I crept down the stairs slowly, careful not to make any loud noises. Ryan was asleep on the couch with his hand over his head. I held my breath as I stepped off of the last step. After tip-toeing to the door, I swung it open and made a dash for it.

I mentally groaned when I realized my car was still parked at the pack house. I ran as fast as my feet would carry me, sighing in relief when the pack house came into view. I ran towards my car and pulled the door open. "Brinn?" I instantly froze.

I turned around to come face to face Seth. He shoved his hands in his pockets as he studied me quizzically. "Uh hi Seth."

"Where are you going?" He furrowed his brows.

I shrugged. "Just out." I said, lying through my teeth.

He pulled his hands out of his pockets. "Are you running away?" I sighed then nodded slowly, no point in lying anymore. I was holding a freaking duffle bag with my things in it. He reached his hands out. "Come on I'll take you."

My eyes widened. "R-really?" This seemed too good to be true so I eyed him suspiciously.

He nodded. "Get in before I change my mind." I pulled him into a hug. "Thank you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist. "You're welcome, now let's go before alpha finds out you're missing."

We both scrambled into the car, my heart beating fast in my chest.  Seth started the car then backed out of the pack house. I relaxed a little when we started driving down the road, although I wouldn't relax completely until we are off of pack lands. Better yet hours away.

A devilish roar erupted through the air that had Seth and I both looking at each other with wide eyes. He slammed on the gas, causing me to sink into my seat. This was bad.

BRINNLEY! I stilled as Titus's voice entered my head.

Where the f*ck are you?!

Seth noticed my long stares into the distance and spoke up. "He's talking to you through mind link isn't he?" Seth asked. I nodded slowly, confirming his suspicion.  He tightened his grip on the steering wheel and drove faster. "F*ck! Just block him out Brinn!" I bit my lip as my wolf and I held an internal battle with each other, neither of us wanting to give in.

I'm not doing this anymore Titus, just let me go...

Tears begin to stain my face as I took a deep breath and stared down at my lap. Because if you don't, I will never forgive you. I could feel Titus pain seeping through my bones, not being able to handle the overwhelming feeling of both of our emotions combined, I blocked him out.

A lone howl was heard off in the distance followed by many other howls.

Seth placed a hand on my back, causing me to snap my head in his direction. "We're no longer on pack land." I sighed, then rested my head against the window.

"So where are we going?" He asked.

"Red moon pack." He nodded.

I missed my family, and all I wanted right now was for my mom to hold me and tell me everything is going to be alright.

***

Seth and I took turns driving since it was a pretty lengthy drive. We had about two more hours left on the road when I started stealing glances at Seth. I still had a few questions up my sleeve. 

He eased his grip on the steering wheel then sighed. "What?"

"Why'd you volunteer to come with me?" He shrugged his shoulders. "You clearly needed help. I couldn't leave your scrawny a*s to fend for yourself."

I smacked his shoulder. "Hey." Our laughter filled the car.

When our laughter died down I shot him a stern look. "No seriously why'd you really come."

He stayed silent for a while, debating his answer. "I figured since we're in the same boat." I furrowed my brows in confusion.

He took a deep breath before he spoke his next words. "Lily is my mate...."

My eyes went wide. "The b*tch is your mate!?" I screeched.

He winced at the sound of my voice.

What the h*ll! She's like twenty-four and he's barely nineteen. Well...then again, Titus and I have a pretty big age gap as well. "Explain...now!" I demanded.

He sighed deeply. "I found out after my first shift. Lily was only twenty-two at the time. When she saw me her face fell. I knew she wanted nothing to do with me when she said she couldn't be mated to a...pup."

"That b*tch!" I hissed out.

He smiled reassuringly then continued. "She begged me not to tell anyone that we were mates. I don't know why I did, but I agreed. I knew about her and Titus's fling in the past. He didn't want her, but she kept chasing after him like a lost puppy. It infuriated me, but I knew there was nothing I could do. I couldn't compete with Titus, he's an alpha and I'm just..."He trailed off.

I placed my hand over his. "A warrior." He smiled.

"I started training to be a warrior, but that wasn't enough for her. She wanted to be a Luna and I couldn't give that to her." He said sadly.

Anger boils in my chest. What a b*tch!

She had a nice and caring mate right in front of her, but she chose to f*ck around with mine. I was furious with her. I was furious with Titus! He should've shut that down the moment she made advanced towards him. F*cking coward.

I slammed my fist against the dash. "You've got to be forceful! Show her who's boss! Put that b*tch in her place d*mnit!" Seth stared at me in shock.

"Eyes on the road." I muttered. "Right." He quickly snapped his head forward.

"The next time you see her you are going to show her who you really are. She thinks you're a little b*tch right now, but you're not." He nodded. "You're right."

"F*ck yeah I am!" We burst into a fit of laughter that caused me to hold my stomach. But in all seriousness,  I meant everything I said. Lily needed to be put in her place, if Seth didn't do it, then I sure wouldn't have a problem doing it.

My thoughts quickly shifted to Titus and how he was doing. Even after the things he did to me I still worried about him. It sucked. I felt the tears forming in my eyes, before I could stop myself I was in a full-on sobbing fit. Seth rubbed my back with his free hand. "Don't cry Brinn. I promise everything will work out." I hope he's right.

The sounds of my sniffles filled the car. "I just don't understand why." He sighed then shrugged his shoulders. "People do stupid sh*t, and it's always the good ones who end up getting hurt in the process."

I brought my knees to my chest and rested my head against the window, letting the tears fall as I slipped into darkness.

***

By the time we reached my old pack it was late. We had been on the road for about a day and my back hurt from sitting in the same position for so long.  But to see my old pack up ahead made me sigh in relief.

We pulled up at the pack's boarder's where Sanders, one of the guards approached the car. Seth let down the window. "State your name, rank, and your business here."

I rolled my eyes. "Chill Sander, it's me." Sanders looked further into the car until his eyes landed on me. "Brinn?"

"The one and only." Seth smirked.

"Everyone's been looking for you!" He exclaimed. My phone died a few hours into the trip so I'm sure my family was worried about my whereabouts.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sure they have. Can you let us by?" He nodded then shot the other guards a look to open the gates. They moved out of the way and gestured for us to come in.

Seth drove forward as I looked out the window as the familiar trees past by.

Seth cleared his throat after a while. "You're father will be cool with me being here right?"I shrugged. "Yup."

He eyed me warily. "How do you know?"

I smirked. "I just know."

Seth furrowed his brows. "Really?"

I eyed him, annoyed he kept questioning me. "Yeah."

He shook his head "Whatever you say."

I kept my gaze focused on the outside, watching as the familiar scenery passed by in a blur. By this point, all the trees were nothing but bark. The harsh winter air wiped out all life that was left. They were sure to come back in the spring.

I couldn't contain the smile that made its way onto my face when the pack house came into view.

I was finally home. The place where I should never have left.

***

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share! 💙

Song:
Walk away~ LANY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 54.5K 32
Sam was the lonely wallflower of her pack. She was the goodie two shoes that was as innocent as an angel; she never drank or smoked. But when she rea...
330K 8.5K 24
Evil. Dangerous. Monster. Those are all words to describe Brute. No one knows his name, but everyone knows about the rogues that are attacking innoce...
502K 17.9K 53
There are 12 werewolf packs in the United States: six of them are called peaceful and the other six are called bloodthirsty. In the six bloodthirsty...
403K 11K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...