From the Future? Elvis Presle...

By GabbyPresley

A 20 year old randomly travels back in time and finds herself being one of the most interesting people the me... More

From the Future? Elvis Presly love story
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 / Author's Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 8

10.4K 179 62
By GabbyPresley

*** Marie's POV ***

He smirks his favorite smirk. I couldn't believe he was on time. I back away from the door, trying to get a good view of Mr. Pelvis. He looked mighty stylish. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Sheepishly, E walks inside to get closer to me. He started wrapping his arms around my waist when a toy car hit our feet.

His lips were right by my ear when I hear him chuckle quietly. He let's go of me and we turn to see Russell pushing his cars out of Judy's room. He looks up as a smile grew on his tiny face. He ran over to E and I with enthusiasm shinning all over his face. E held out his arms and grabs him off the floor and tossing him into the air.

"Whatcha doin' there sport!" E exclaimed tickling Russell. The little boy couldn't sustain his joy fullness so he laughed his most loudest cackle making me laugh. Judy joins us in the living room and smiles.

Russell's laugh soon deteriorates. He looks at E innocently while E smiles sweetly.

"Did Marie tell ya I want a play date at your house yet?" Russell asked innocently.

E looks at me with another grin and lets out a chuckle.

"Not yet but once I get back from singin' around the states I'll let you play with me and Marie at my house. I'll even get some toys for ya! How's that sound youngin'!"

Once Russell heard the word toys he was over joyed. I laugh joining in the conversation.

"Those toys he's getting you are only for Christmas and your birthday ya hear?"

E sneers as Russell's happy grin falls. Judy and I couldn't keep in our amusement. E tries pinching his nose in an attempt to make him smile. He cups his hand on his ear and pretends to whisper to Russell. His smile returns.

"I'll give ya more toys for your birthday and Christmas later."

I smile as Russell nods sneaking in a shush. E lets him down and grabs my hand. Judy holds Russell's hand just in case he doesn't do anymore mischief.

"Sorry 'bout that Elvis. You kids enjoy your little get together."

Judy kindly smiles at us as she stood at the door while E and I got in his pink caddy. We wave at her and Russell. Couldn't there be another random setback that'll keep us away for Graceland alittle longer? I started getting nervous when suddenly E curses quietly.

"Lucky caddy needs gas. Mind if I stop to get some girly?"

He looks at me with hopeful eyes as he parks in front of a gas station. Laughing, I push him out the car.

"Please go."

He turned to me with a serious, gangster face and a lifted brow.

"You look stunning by the way."

I smirk trying to fight the giggles as he kept at his gangster face.

"Gas, remember?"

I put my hand in his view of me as I turn away. E unexpectedly grabs it and kisses it, sweetly as can be. I turn to him smiling.

"I'll be back, honey."

Sheepishly I grin as he walked in the gas station store. He kept looking back at me as if I was going to dash out the car, I probably would if this wasn't real. I ended up laughing when he finally made it inside since I saw his face go from a loving smile to a serious, mature one in a matter of seconds. Then as I waited I observe my surroundings. E's pink caddy was gorgeous filled with leather and bright pink. We were only up the street from Judy's house but everything looked more, luxurious. I could see enormous mansions from afar. Even the rich places looked a thousand times prettier than the future.

I hear E's big, heavy steps coming toward the caddy. I turn to him, he threw me a Pepsi glass bottle. Amazed, I stare at it. It's long, heavy and skinny with the name Pepsi engraved around it. E probably noticed my amazement at it and got my attention. He opened his slowly then slurping half of it. He lets out a refreshed gasp as I watch intently. He cracks up as I struggle to open mine. He yanks it out of my hand and opens it for me.

"You lucky you got a strong man to open it for ya girly."

"Ooooooh. I'll forever be indebted to man power and all those who consider themselves a man."

He lets out a howl as he finally fills the caddy with gas. I take a sip of my Pepsi and I fell in love. Even the Pepsi's better. Out of the corner of my eye, I see E freeze. I look to what he was staring at and it was a man. A man with a photographer running behind him. The man stares at E for a moment, then at me. An evil smile grows on his face. I turn to E anxiously waiting for a plan and he quickly gets in the car.

All I remember next were reporters and photographers swarming the caddy- from the back all the way to the front. I tried shutting the questions and the flash away but I felt my hand within someone else's. Overwhelmed, I felt my hands shake. The Pepsi I was drinking ended up being thrown in front of the caddy. The caddy sped away almost frantically leaving the photographers and the reporters at the gas station.

I snapped back into reality with Elvis holding me tight. We were still in the caddy but we were parked in Graceland's driveway. I blink a few times as I stare at Elvis. His eyes light up. He kisses my cheek.

"Honey- you alright?"
He asks with concern. I scoot away from him confused.

"Damn reporters found us darlin'"
He said disappointed making my head drop.

"Ah, let the public know. Ain't no difference. As long as you're ok.", E angrily exclaims as he lifts my chin up.

"Ya'lright?" E asks again with more concern.

I nod slowly trying to remember what happened. E caresses my cheek, consoling me.

"I promise I'll try my hardest to keep ya away from them sonsabitches." He whispered.

His head drops low. "I'll drive you home .. I'm sorry Marie."

I put my hand on his chest.

"I want to meet your parents first, E."

E's eyes light up once again. He has a warm smile growing. He pulls me in close and kisses me. The kiss sure did the trick, my mind went completely blank as usual. I felt better.

"Let's meet my parents," he whispers as he kisses my neck.

He looks up at me and I smile small.

"Alright."

E grins and runs out to open my door for me. I get out and look around taking in Graceland's wonders. E leads me to the front door and rings the door bell.

The door slowly opens. Or so it seems to me since my heart starts racing. E holds on to my hand. I squeeze it tight nervously. Finally, the lovely face of Gladys Love Presley appears. I smile small as she welcomes us inside. I try keeping her future status in the back of my head and act normal. It was pretty difficult. But as E leads me inside I was awestruck. Bright colors surrounded me and beautiful furniture decorated each room.

"This is breathtaking.." I accidentally say out loud making E chuckle.

"Welcome to my humble home darlin'."

I turn to admire E's smile. Nervously, he introduces me to his mother.

"Marie, I uh- I'd like you to meet my mother ..."

"Momma...this-this is Marie..."

I kindly intervene, "Marie Herrara ma'am."

I smile sweetly. She moves E away as she welcomes me with a hug.

"Oh babygirl I've heard so much about ya! Glad to finally meet you! You's mighty beautiful too sweetheart. "

I blush and smile sheepishly.

"Thank you Mrs. Presley."

She stands back and pats my shoulder.

"Honey call me Gladys. Now come on you two. I made dinner, you're favorite son. Extra deep fried chicken, mashed potatos with gravy, and biscuits."

E's eyes went wide. He nearly ran to the other room. So much for hosting me. I laugh as Gladys wraps her arm around my shoulder to lead me in to the dinning room.

"I'm sorry sweetie. He gets a little too excited when he hears anythin' bout food."

"I can tell." I quietly said.

She pats my back while giggling. As we enter the dinning room Vernon looks up from the table. E comes back from the kitchen and glances at me. Shy, I stood there with his mother.

"Oh! Pa this is well, Marie."

"Marie, I'd like ya to meet my old man."

I smile wide as Vernon stands up to give me a tight hug.

"Welcome, sweetheart. Honor to finally meet ya."

Vernon sweetly smiles as he sat down. He gestures me to sit next to him. I oblige as Elvis pulls the seat out for me. Excitedly, E sits next to my right side. Gladys quickly disappears but joins us again with plates in her hands.

"Oh I'll help you ma'am." I say trying to get up.

"Sweetie it's fine. You're the guest. I'm only feeding the bottomless stomach ova' here first."

I turn to E as he sheepishly grins. She puts his plate on the table and within seconds he has his mouth full of mashed potatoes. Next, she sets down my plate and Vernon's.

"Thank you, Gladys."

She smiles, "you're quite welcome sweetheart."

She leaves to the kitchen once again comes back balancing her plate and four Pepsis. She gives one to each of us and once again, I say "thank you". She sweetly smiles and looks at E a bit annoyed.

"Well, let's start eatin' shall we?"

E just chuckles as I eat the mashed potatoes and biscuits. Vernon looks up from his plate to me.

"So darlin' is it true you're from the future?" He said curiously asks.

I was expecting that question and grin.

"I am actually. I'm from the year 2013 as insane that sounds."

Vernon whistles shocked.

"How is it?" Gladys adds.

My expression was blank and they already sort of knew I disliked it.

"Let's just say, Vegas 1957 sounds a lot better."

Gladys' eyes grew curious.

"You're from that city sweety??"

I nod as Vernon got interested in the conversation.
"Did ya work over there sweetheart?"

"Yes sir. I'm- was a psychologist at a hospital."

All three Presley's put their forks down. All I could hear were forks hitting the ceramic plates.

I look at all three Presley's confused.

"Is something the matter?" I finally spit out embarrassed.

"Sweety that's a mighty fine career you have." Gladys spoke out.

I turn to her still confused.

"It's not usual for a woman to be so high in the medical field, let alone work." She sweetly said.

Dumbfounded, all I ended up saying was "oh, I see."

I look down beginning to eat again.

"The food is delicious Gladys."

Gladys beams, "thank you sweetie! I try."

We all continued to eat and enjoy Gladys amazing home cooked meal with Elvis getting up for another plate over and over again. We chatted and laughed all through dinner.

~~~~~

I decide to help Gladys pick up the table. She refused in the beginning but I insisted.

"Sweetheart, you're the guest. You ain't sposed to do the dirty work."

I began drying the dishes as she finished washing the last dishes.

"I don't mind helping you Gladys. You made an amazing dinner and I'd like to thank you by helping you clean up."

She laughs quietly.

"Well thank you babygirl. It's nice to have some more femininity in this house. Even if it's for the evening."

She finishes washing the last dish.

"It balances out with the testosterone doesn't it?"

Finally, we finish washing and drying the dishes. She grabs my hand and smiles.

"Exactly."

As we made our way to join the guys outside by the pool, Gladys slows down her pace.

"You know sweetheart, I haven't seen my baby this happy since he was discovered by Sun Records..you're doin' mighty fine with my boy. I'd like to thank you is all. And say he's been head over heels over your cute self."

I was completely caught off gaurd. I still manage to smile wide. I stop dead in my tracks though, I glance at Gladys. She was pouring her heart out.

"Oh ma'am.. I don't know what to say.,, Thank you. And believe me. He's been making me feel the same way since I met him too."

She heartily smiles.

"I know you'll stay with him for a long time sweetie. Maybe even forever, I hope."

"I truly believe you. And let me say I wouldn't mind that at all."

She gives me a tight hug. I have yet to see her worried face. I've seen nothing but smiles and positivity from this lovely woman. After our little talk we finally joined the guys by the pool. They look at up from their beers. I sat next to E while Gladys sat next to Vernon. He wraps his arm around Gladys and smirks at us.

"Y'all look like a fine couple."

E chuckles nervously which makes me blush.

"Come on, Pop. What were we talking about before?"

Vernon chuckles.

~~~~~~
All night I got to know the Presley's a lot more. I had a great evening with them. From laughing to serious talks it was all very joyous. Just like they're son, Vernon and Gladys were humble sweet parents that love their only child to bits. They even rejoiced when I said I was an only child as well. I wouldn't trade this moment for the world.

As we said our goodbyes, Gladys gave me a peck on the cheek and so did Vernon.
"I can't wait to see ya again sweetheart."
Gladys kindly says.

"Likewise Gladys."

The Presley's wave from the front door as E led me to the passenger side of the car. He got in and quickly turns to me.

"Well?"

"Well what?"
E glares at me with a serious face.

"I love them E." I say with a small smile.

E's big grin returns, relieved.

"Ready to go home?" he sweetly asks.

I shake my head no and he chuckles. He holds my hand the whole way home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 927 22
Elvis Presley finds himself stationed in a quaint little German town, where he meets Rosemarie, a local teacher who swore to herself that she would n...
766 26 17
Twenty-two-year-old Elvis Presley, after just purchasing Graceland, goes back in time seventy-seven years to the year 1880 and sees what the Gracelan...
43.8K 658 29
When does a girl ever get the opportunity to meet her idol in person, even when they have passed away almost thirty years before she was born? Well...
68.6K 1.4K 62
In 1955, 13-year old Lillian Preston is focused on becoming a professional dancer. Her world changes after she befriends rising star, Elvis Presley...