The Allen Twins (Glee and Fla...

By AlyceSeafire

Sebastian and Barry Allen are the twin sons of Henry and Nora Allen. After the incident, they were separated... More

Double the Trouble
The Incident
As The Years Go On...PART 2!
As the Years Go By...Part 3!
Family
Brothers and Sisters
The Flash
Confrontations
Secrets Revealed
Huntbastian Part 1
Huntbastian Part 2
Guilt
Redemption
Love
Mentors
Keep Calm, Warble On!
Betrayal
Rescue
Struggle
Ohio
Awestruck?
Oh Brother
Long Live Bohemia
NYADA
Take Me Or Leave Me
Recovery
Without the Flash...
Change for the Better? Pt 1
Chapter 30: Change for the Good Pt. 2
Chapter 31: Interlude
Metapocalypse

As The Years Go By... PART 1!

6.3K 129 57
By AlyceSeafire

13 years old

It's been two years since the two brothers saw each other face to face. They called each other and texted as soon as both brothers got their phones when they were twelve.

But to both boys, it wasn't the same.

So how's your project been? Sebastian asked from the other side of the phone. He was at his mother's parent's house in the room he was assigned to. While his mother went with her friends did their 'adult things', which Sebastian assumed mean drinking till morning.

"It's fine." Barry said. "I'm nervous, Seb."

You'll do great! Sebastian encouraged. I am certain you'll win that science fair.

"It's not that." Barry said. "There are people from ECAS who'd be looking for students for a scholarship. And I really want to go."

Wait, Edwin Croft's Academy of Science? Sebastian asked. The big fancy science University uptown Central City?

"Yes!" Barry said. "Now you see why I'm so nervous? What if I don't get in? What if the fuel tank leaks again? What if the magnetic field doesn't last? What if..."

Barry! I Sebastian interrupted That is not going to happen. Knowing you, you've double checked it right?

"Yes."

And you're going to test it before the Science fair?

"Yes, but."

But nothing. Sebastian said. It's going to work out as planned. And if these science nerds don't accept you into their fancy school, then they don't see talent that is right in front of them. So no more worrying, okay? You're going to get yourself worked up for nothing.

"Fine." Barry said. "So what about you? Where in the world are you this time?"

California, I think. Sebastian said. There's some sort of fancy smancy wedding that mother and father have to attend. And since my father is in the middle of a case, I went here with my mother. We're at one of my mother's parent's house.

"One of her parents or one of the houses."

One of the houses.

"Wait, I'm going to assume that your foster grandparents are like Iris'" Barry said "How aren't you with them or they're telling you that you need to go to bed?"

That would work, if they were actually here.

"So you're at your foster grandparents' house with your Aunt Jen?" Barry asked. "Isn't Aunt Jen's family like super wealthy living in big mansions and stuff."

No and Yes, Sebastian said Aunt Jen went to hang out with some of her friends who came in around seven. So under the promise that I won't leave the house and not to break anything, I was allowed to stay in here alone.

"They left you in a big house, alone?" Barry demanded "Where there are people that know that inside the house is probably a lot of jewelry and other riches which people can go in and try to steal?"

It's a gated community. Sebastian said I'll be fine.

"Does that happen often?" Barry asked "Them leaving you alone at home?"

Not too much, but it does happen every now and then. Sebastian said. Why do you think I'm so grateful you were at home.

"It's the middle of the school year." Barry said. "Why are you all the way in California?"

Mother has been tutoring me instead of going to school. Sebastian said Makes me miss having actual friends though.

"Couldn't you just go to a school nearby?"

They travel too much. Sebastian said Though according to papa, we might settle down sometime next year, I don't know where though, but it might be enough for me to go to a year or two of high school.

"Just in time." Barry said. "You might miss the, I quote 'BEST FOUR YEARS OF YOUR LIFE!'"

Sebastian chuckled Yeah I wouldn't want to miss that. Anyways I need to get to bed, And I know you need to get some sleep too,

Barry sighed. "I guess, I'm just a bit nervous. The Science Fair is next week!"

You'll do great! Sebastian said, Now go get some sleep

"Good Night, Bazzy"

Good Night, Barry.

~()~

Iris was just about to leave the house the Saturday of the science fair to head to see Barry, when the doorbell rang.

She opened the door to see Barry.

"Barry, what are you doing here, I thought you were at school already."

"Wow, I was gone for two years and you forget me already?" he asked

"Wait, Sebastian?"

"The one and only." He said smugly as Iris hugged the older Allen twin.

"What are you doing here?" Iris asked. Looking over Sebastian she notice that there was a distinct difference that she missed she just couldn't point her finger at it.

"Moral Support." He said with a big smile. "So, are you headed towards the school, as well? I know that Barry is at school."

"I'm heading there in a minute, come on in." she said Sebastian wandered into the West household, taking everything in as if it were his first time.

"You have no idea how much I miss living in the simplicity of Central City life." Sebastian said plucking a picture from the table. It was taken at the park; Iris was on one side of Barry while Sebastian was on the other. He had an arm around each of their shoulders pulling them both close. They all had a goofy smile in their face.

His eyes wandered to the piano that stood at one side of the living room.

"You guys kept the piano." Sebastian noted.

"Barry didn't want it to go to storage." Iris said. "Dad was fine with keeping it there."

Sebastian gently touched the keys of the old piano. "This was our great grandfather's. He carved his initials on the cover."

Iris came closer as Sebastian pointed to the carving. There was a small H.A. on the cover.

"Dad once said he wanted to continue carving the initials." Sebastian said. "and he'd name us with the initials H. A."

"Why?"

Sebastian shrugged. "He was weird. Where do you think Barry and I got it. He was weird. But damn he was brilliant."

Sebastian sighed then looked at Iris. "So are we headed to the school yet?"

~()~

Barry was nervously toying with the set up around his project.

"Where the hell is the asshole who made this piece of work."

Barry turned to talk whoever it is off, when he saw who it was talking. Sebastian gave him a patented smirk with his arms open.

"Miss me?"

"Bazzy!" Barry practically launched himself on to the older twin. "What are you doing here?"

"What you don't miss me? Not even a how are you? Or I miss you?"

Barry looked at Sebastian with an eyebrow raised like how Sebastian would do.

"Wow, that look almost made me feel question myself." Sebastian said. "I taught you well."

"But seriously, I miss you." Barry said with a smile. "I can't believe you can all the way here to see me."

"Well, I can't miss my best twin's big break."

"I'm your only twin." Barry pointed out.

"Of course, because if we had another, we'd be triplets."

"Of course." Barry said the judges were calling for the contestants' attention so they can start their judging.

"I guess this is it." Sebastian said. "Good luck, Bear."

"Thanks, Bas." Barry said. "I'm going to need it."

Sebastian lightly tapped his cheek. "No, out with the bad thoughts. You're going to do great. Do you need anything?"

"No I think I'm good."

"Great." Sebastian said. "Because here comes the judges."

The judges were over and looking at Barry's design. It was like a train but it was floating on a piece of metal.

"So Mr. Allen." Mr. Barner, one of the sixth grade Science teachers said. He looked at Sebastian and Barry and was momentarily confused. "Uh, Mr. Bartholomew Allen."

"Good luck bro." Sebastian said patting his brother on the shoulder. then stepped back as Barry started his explination.

"Sorry, I'm Barry Allen." He said "And here is my project..."

~()~

Iris and Sebastian were both waiting on the side while the contestants were called near the stage for the announcement of winners.

"So Seb, you look...different." Iris said. "And what's with the sharp get up? I admit it looks good on you, but you know, it just didn't seem like you."

Sebastian shrugged. "My foster dad is a lawyer, and foster mom is a socialite. I can't exactly go around in my usual jeans and t-shirt get up, as much as I want to that is. Though I have to admit, it's more comfortable than it looks. After a while, it doesn't bother you. Well it also works better since I don't really have to change that much. One of the friends I met in a party said she had to wear skirts and dresses almost every day just so she doesn't embarrass her parents."

"That bad?"

"Yeah."

They announced the winners of the science fair. Barry got second place. Iris and I cheered as loud as we could never the less.

Barry was smiling as he went to get his ribbon and medal from the stage. But I could see through that smile.

He took a picture with the first placer and the third placer then came over to where Iris and I stood.

"Great job, Barry." Iris said hugging Barry.

I looked at him with a serious look and he just smiled a small smile.

"I didn't get it." he said. "I thought I would, I worked so hard..."

"Barry." I said holding his shoulders steadying him. "Just because you didn't get it now, doesn't mean you won't."

"But..."

"Mr. Allen." A man said. He had a full head of white hair, he wore a grey pinstriped suit and held himself in a respectable way.

"May we help you." Sebastian asked the man.

"Are you Mr. Bartholomew Allen."

"Barry." Barry corrected. "That's me."

"I must say, young man. I am very impressed by your work." He said. "I am Mr. Jenkins from ECAS, and our academy keeps an eye on outstanding talent in the field of science such as yourself."

"Me?" Barry stammered

"Yes, you." Mr. Jenkins said with a smile noticing the nervous young man. "And we would like to extend an invitation for a scholarship to attend our school this upcoming Fall."

"He'd love to." Sebastian said noting that Barry has frozen in shock.

"That's great." Mr. Jenkins said handing the still dumbfounded Barry an envelope. "I look forward to seeing you in ECAS, Mr. Allen."

Mr. Jenkins then left the school, and as soon as he was out of site, Sebastian and Iris hugged Barry who was still slightly in shock over what happened.

"I got in." Barry whispered.

"You got in!" Iris and Sebastian exclaimed as Barry started to finally respond to what just happened.

~()~

The group went to celebrate at the West household. Seeing as Sebastian was only going to be in Central City until the day after next, the twins spent almost every waking moment with each other.

"I told you, you'd get it."

"And how in the world did you predict that?"

"You know." Sebastian said with a cocky smile. "I'm older and wiser, I know these thigns."

"Sure you do." Barry said messing with his hair while Sebastian messed with his.

"So, Sebastian how did you get here?" Joe asked. "Not that I mind of course."

"Mother and Father have a lavish party at the Merlyn Mansion in Starling City." Sebastian said. "So I asked if I could come over here instead. Of course mother was a bit skeptical, but father didn't mind. So they dropped me off here this morning."

"Alex and Jen treat you well?" Joe asked

"Of course." Sebastian said. "Although the high expectations and standards of their lives are a pain in the ass. I don't know when was the last time I just had a simple game of baseball."

"We have three days." Iris said "I'm sure we could squeeze a game in."

"I hope so."

"So, I'm headed to bed." Joe said. "I have an early case tomorrow. You three don't stay up too late, okay."

"Don't worry, Joe." Sebastian said. "I'll make sure these two get to bed on time."

"Says the guy who's usually still awake at midnight." Iris said and Sebastian playfully stuck his tongue at his brother's best friend.

"Alright." Joe said "Goodnight."

"Good night." The three kids responded.

"So," Iris said her elbows resting on the table looking at Sebastian expectantly, her chin rests on her hands. "How's life with a Lawyer and a Socialite as you put it. Did you meet any famous people? Or at least go to Disneyland when you went to Florida."

"I did but I didn't really enjoy it." Sebastian said. "I missed my partner in crime a bit too much, and most of the rides were for two."

"Don't worry." Barry said. "I'm sure there would be a next time."

"Oh, there will be." Sebastian said. "Because when we graduate, I am saving up allowances and I am going to drag you both there myself and by then we can ride all the rides."

"I'll look forward to it." Barry said with a smile.

"So, anything you guys miss with me not being here?" Sebastian asked cheekily.

"Of course we did." Iris said. "But we did miss most is your playing. Barry doesn't play as much."

"Because, I'm not as good." Barry said. "Music really isn't my thing."

"So, let's rectify that." Sebastian said stretching his fingers then started to play the piano.

Sebastian played the old songs that their parents would usually play on Saturday nights when they would allow the twins to stay up late. That was when Sebastian took interest in playing the piano and learning music and the arts in general.

He was so lost in the music, he barely realized the time.

"That was great, Sebastian." Iris said then yawned widely. Sebastian looked at the wall clock. It was eleven already.

"I think we should all head to bed." He said. The two agreed and they went into their rooms.

Sebastian stayed with Barry so the two slept together on the bed. But they stayed up a little later.

"So you seem to have a good life with your new foster parents." Barry said.

"Yeah, but it does get a little lonely."

"What no girls interest you?" Barry asked his voice slightly laced with jealousy.

"Not exactly." Sebastian said. "I'm just enjoying it while it lasts."

"Why?" Barry asked sensing something deeper in his brother's words. He seemed unsure of himself, scared even. If there was one thing Barry knew about his brother, is that he is almost never scared. He was always sure of himself.

"I can't tell you." Sebastian said looking anywhere but his brother's eyes.

"Why not?" Barry asked. "You can trust me. You and I tell each other everything."

"I know. But, I'm afraid what you might think of me." Sebastian said meekly. "I'm afraid I might lose you because of this."

"You won't." Barry insisted. "Whatever happens your still going to be my brother, nothing's going to change that."

"I can't." Sebastian said. "I'm afraid you might drop me like a hot potato. I'm almost certain that my adoptive parents when they find out. They'd much rather have left me in foster care instead."

"Sebastian." Barry said pulling him up holding him on the shoulders. "I am sure that is not going to happen. It's impossible. You're smart, you're talented. Even with all those social status crap, they wouldn't just drop you and neither would I why would you..."

"Because I'm gay, Barry." Sebastian said with tears in his eyes. "They wouldn't want me around because they would think I'm a freak."

Barry hugged his brother tightly as he cried all his frustrations. He rubbed his older brother's back. "Shh. You'll be okay."

Barry looked at his brother. The one who always seemed so composed and so put together break down. Sebastian had always been Barry's rock. And Barry vowed himself he will always be his.

"I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 392 23
Started: April 20th, 2018 Ended: February 17th, 2021 Sebastian was created to help Barry, but ended up getting him into more trouble than before. H...
59K 1.1K 20
Barry Allen's life hasn't been easy at all, period. Adding the glee-verse in shouldn't make it worse, right? Best Rankings 6/6/2020 ~ #1 in MarleyRo...
46.7K 1K 29
Barry Allen is not who you think he is. People would describe him as adorable,awkward,kind even. I mean,He is the Flash afterall. His family and fri...
14.8K 669 54
What would happen if Glee's Sebastian Smythe ended up in said 'Earth 1' and met Barry Allen? I do not own any of the characters pulled from Glee or...