Play Me Like The Drums {Ashto...

By 5soswriterx

❝Bad boy but oh so good lips❞ ashton irwin punk au More

Play Me Like The Drums {Ashton Irwin/5SOS Fanfic}
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Four

8.6K 265 53
By 5soswriterx

Hey everyone! 

Ok so I know ive been a shit uploader but I have three projects and its comp season for cheer so the only free days I have a Friday and Sunday

Please keep reading my Mikey fanfic, it's almost to 100 reads!  

Enjoy! 

-

Veni, vidi, vici.

Why was that damn phrase still stuck in my head? For the past week it's been nagging me for forever. I know I've seen it before but where? I groaned as I pulled the covers up to my mouth. 

"What are you groaning at?" Ava asked from the couch, slipping on her Vans. 

"The world." I responded, the covers not fully over my head.

"Get your ass out of the bed and go out." Ava said as she ranked the covers off my bed. "Ever since last week you have barely done anything but sit in your bed and moan and groan." 

"I havn't been feeling good." I said. The actual truth: I didn't want to go anywhere because the chances of running into Ashton.

"Bull. Why don't you come to the outlets with me and Luke tonight?" 

"No thanks. I don't feel like being a third wheel." I said but then saw Ava's hurt look. "No, I didn't mean it like that. I just want you two to enjoy your date." 

"Well maybe you should invite Calum over? Ashton? He's been different lately too." Ava shrugged her jacket on. 

"Maybe." I said. 

"Well I'll see you later." Ava said as she opened the door. 

"Have fun, don't do anything I wouldn't" I said and saw Ava smirk and we shared a laugh. 

And just like that I was alone in the dorm. Ava was right, this entire week I've only been to class and then back to my dorm. It was Friday night and I'm sitting on my bed, in my pajamas, staring at the wall. Pretty sad. I grabbed my phone from the dresser and scrolled though my contacts. I didn't have to get very far until I found the one I was looking for. The phone rang three times before he picked up.

"Hello?" 

"Renna!" I heard a sigh of relief. "Where have you been hiding?" I heard Calum say, the payful tone in his voice.

The pang in my chest reminded me how much I missed hearing his voice, then how much I missed his touch, how much I missed him. 

"Calum, I-" I started but choked on my words. "I've missed you, so much. Comd over please." I said into the phone. 

"I'll be right over."

Click. 

I could have just made a good decision, or an extremely bad one. I got out of bed and threw on black jeans and my Blink 182 shirt. I brushed through my hair, brushed my teeth, and put on my makeup. I looked in the mirror and saw myself, but it wasn't myself. My eyes where dull. For a second my eyes looked hazel. Hazel like Ashton's. My heart fell to my stomach. Suddenly there was a knock on my door and I checked the time. I had spent ten minutes staring in the mirror, feeling sorry for myself. I needed to move on, get a life. 

I walked out to the door and opened it to see Calum. I was surprised to find myself smiling ear to ear. I surprised myself even more when I threw my arms around his neck. His hands wrapped around my waist and everything felt so, so natural. Ive missed how tall Calum was, his strong arms around my waist. I let go and saw him smiling at me, his brown eyes filled with warmth. 

"Calum, I've missed you so much." I started, "I know I havn't been in touch, I just needed some time but im so sor-" 

"Renna, I'm just happy you called. But I have missed you as well." He said. 

"So do you have any ideas on what we should do?" I asked, leaning on the doorway.

"I was thinking we could go grab dinner and then go to the basketball game? First one of the season." 

"Sounds great, let me go get my jacket." I said and walked back into my dorm to grab my jacket.

I was going somewhere with Calum, as my friend. Nothing more, just friends. And it was the best feeling in the world. 

"Ready?" Calum asked as I walked out, closing and locking the door behind me.

"Yeah."

We walked down the hallway in silence, but it was anything but awkward. A peaceful silence, I think we where both happy to be together as friends again. On the way to whatever place Calum picked for dinner I remember I knew nothing of my school's mascot. 

"Cal, whats our school mascot?" I asked, then suddenly getting embarrassed I had called him Cal, it just sorta slipped.

"The Jags, short for jaguars. Cal?" He looked at my with a raised eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips. 

"It just slipped out." I could feel my cheeks flushing.

"No, I like it." He said and gave me a smile. 

Calum pulled up to a small 50s themed diner. When you walked in there was a giant pink jukebox blasting out 'The Beach Boys". More 80s than 50s but it still had the old feeling. There was the checked tile and baby blue and hot pink booths and chairs. It reminded me of the old diner I used to love, the one my parents took me too when I was ten. The kids' meals came in little paper cars. Calum and I were waited on by a pretty and plump waitress with her hair tied back in a tight bun. After she took our drink and food orders, Calum and I sat and talked. 

"So, hows life?"

"Shit, But you know, life goes on and you cant change it so." 

 "Yes, thats correct, but you know what else? You can easily change the people you allow in your life. You can cut out the bad to make room for the good." 

"This is why I need you, Calum." I said with a grin. "You're so smart and show me the truth. I don't know where I'd be without you." 

My speech for Calum was interrupted by the waitress giving us our food. 

"You know Renna, some people do really shitty things but that dosn't mean they don't care for you."

"I have a feeling you're not talking about yourself, Cal. What do you mean?" I asked and the took a bite out of my sandwich. 

"You know what I'm talking about." 

Ashton. Was Calum really defending his actions? I didn't know whether to be surprised that he is taking Ashton's side or pissed that he's taking his side.

"Calum, he slept with that girl." 

"I know, I know. But answer a question for me, will you. Why do you care so much that he slept with that girl?"

Fuck Calum. He knew I had feelings for Ashton and knew that I would never admit them to anyone else, let alone myself. 

"Because, I like him." 

It felt like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. I had finally admitted it to Calum and myself. 

"Now it's my turn to ask questions." I said after the impact of my words had settled. 

"Fire away." 

"Don't get me wrong but I thought you liked me. And now you're siding with Ashton, for me to give him a second chance. Why?" 

Calum set down his burger and took a big sigh before talking. 

"Because if I can't be the one to make you happy, I still want you to have someone. You deserve to be in a happy relationship. And hell, if you don't want a relationship you deserve to be happy alone. I just want you to be happy Renna."

I could feel a smile forming on my lips. I leaned over the table and gave Calum a kiss on the cheek. 

"Thank you."

"Anytime sugar." 

Later that night I could barley concentrate on the basketball game. My head was spinning with the thoughts of giving Ashton another chance.  Then I made my decision, after the game I would ask Calum to drop me off at Ashton's apartment and I would talk to him, sort things out. I prayed to nothing for luck. 

After the Jags winning, I was walking up the lobby to go talk to Ashton. My legs were wobbly, I didn't want things to get out of hand. Calum had wished me luck after I told him what I was going to do, and I needed it. I was in front of Ashton's door. I took a deep breath and knocked twice, no answer. I knocked one more time, still no answer. Well shit. I turned around to leave and ran into someone's chest. The familiar sent welcomed me, like a drug. I wanted so badly to stay in that embrace forever but I was here for a reason,.

"Renna? Why are you here?" Ashton's voice surrounded me. 

"I- I came to talk to you." 

"Alright, come on in then." He said and I followed him into his apartment. 

"Before you say you hate me and never want to see me again, let me apologize. I'm sorry for what I did and I know how wrong and awful it was. I'm so sorry Renna, so sorry."

Silence.

"Wow, is this the Ashton I know?" I joked but no one laughed.

"I mean it Ren."

"I know you do."

"So what did you have to say?"

I started having second thoughts. I came here to tell him that maybe we should just be friends but now, like always, he was all over me and I wanted him. I bit my lip, my mind having a war with itself. 

"Please stop biting your lip, it's not helping my situation." Ashton mumbled, leaning closer to me. 

I looked up and smirked at him, right now I had all the power.

"And that little smirk isn't either." 

His hands found their way to my hips, pressing me aginst the wall. Ashton started leaving a trail of kisses starting on my jaw and going down my neck. Leaving a little mark each time. The all-too-familiar fire bulit up and I felt myself melting. I grabbed Ashton's face in my hands and connected his lips to mine. 

So much for saying we should just be friends. 

-

Thanks for reading! 

Next update soon and please continue to read my Mikey fic!

Follow me on tumblr at: http://oversizedsweaterash.tumblr.com/

Please

-Vote

-Comment

-Fan 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 124 103