Devil May Cry ✔

By petra_the_first

She was the angel and I was the devil. I knew better than to fall for a good girl like her but something abo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
32Something Doesn't Feel Right
33A Talk In Private
34 Taking Decisions And Bossing The Boss
35 Maybe A Little Too Fast
36 Mysterious Vacation
37 Didn't Change
38 Morning Kisses
39 Let's Go
40 Why So Soon?
41 Quite A Night
42 Coffee Sounds Perfect
43 Do You Want Some Icecream?
44 Hiring The Best
45 Want You
46 Please Be Okay
47 Thank You
48 Promotions
49 Second Chances
51 Something More
52 Here It Goes
53 Emergencies
54 Letting It Out
55 The Best Memories
56 Introducing
57 Why To Care Anymore?
58 Last Day's Events
59 Am I Crazy?
60 A Long Night Shift
61 Lunch And Dinner
62 Where Is He?
63 Well That's New
64 Mini-Feelings
65 It's About Time
66 Closer Together
67More Than Enough
68Three Am Confessions
69 Again
70 At The Airport
71And So It Begins
72 Not Over Yet
73 You Have My Word
74Wondering Minds
75 Breakouts
76 Reminisce
77 Please
78 Gone
79 Killed Twice
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
What The Characters Look Like
Other Books
Author's Note
Sneak Peak

50 Reunite

283 15 2
By petra_the_first

The doctors told us that Claire can get out today,they said that she was healing fast and her broken ribs are getting better. Dylan drove us to the hospital where we finished Claire's papers and got her out. It was a bit hard to help her inside the car but we got it done,eventually.

The drive back to Los Angeles was fun considering Claire and Dylan were telling jokes and we chatted for sometime. Claire was so excited when we got home. She missed Adam so much and couldn't wait to see him.

We helped her to sit in the wheeling chair and Dylan pushed her to the front door.

"Adam! Mommy's home!" I yelled.

"Mommy!" his little voice cheered and ran to where we were.

He stopped when he saw his mother on a wheeling chair.

"Mom? Why are you sitting on a wheeling chair?" Adam tilted his head and asked.

"Because it hurts when I walk." Claire answered.

"And why is that?"

"Because I made a car accident,but I'm okay now."

"Are going to be able to walk again."

"Of course,now don't you want to give me a hug? I've missed you so much!"

Adam walked to her and hugged her gently,he was very delicate with his mom and that was absolutely adorable. Kathy had her share of being shocked when we walked in and soon began helping out with everything.

Dylan stayed for about thirty minutes but then had to leave. Claire decided to go back to work after two weeks and since then she'll study the reports they are giving her to try and catch up on everything.

My blonde friend went to bed early after playing with Adam,well as much as she can of course,early because she was really tired. Kathy and I helped her and then went downstairs to eat dinner. Later in the evening,I texted Dylan to send me all the work I have because I have nothing to do but he insisted that he doesn't do that so I can get some rest.

"Ms Morr." Kathy called.

"Yeah?" I lifted my eyes from the book I was reading to see her standing.

"I put Adam to bed."

"Thank you,Kathy. You've been a great help since you came."

"Just doing my job. Ms Morr I've been thinking about my day off."

"What about it?"

"I think it's better if I don't take it this week and stay here to help Ms Houston out."

"Nonsense. You deserve a dayoff,this is your right and you shouldn't waste it here."

"But Ms Houston needs help."

"Claire wouldn't let you stay here for her. She'll even get offended if you tell her that she seems helpless. She can manage on her own,go enjoy your day off and don't think about us."

"Okay,I'll go now. Goodnight. " she smiled brightly.

"Goodnight,Kathy." I said turning my attention to the book. The girl is the sweetest thing on Earth,she has the heart and soul of an innocent child. After an hour of reading my eyes got tired to I decided to go to take a shower and go to bed. I got under the sheets. It's so nice to sleep on my bed,but something seemed missing. The other side was empty. I wish,Dylan was here. He would've hugged me and I would've slept on the sound of his heart beats.

I smiled at the thought of that,devil what are you doing to me?

***

Claire's POV:

"Okay Claire,I'm going to meet Dylan now. Are you sure you're okay by yourself? I can cancel the date right now and stay with you,Dylan won't mind it." Angy said.

"Stop worrying,I'll be okay,go and have fun with your date." I assured her.

"But-"

"I'm fine,promise."

"Okay,I'll go. Call me if you anything happens."

"Will do."

She grabbed her purse and car keys and went to the front door.

It was been a week since I did the accident,Angy and Kathy had been taking good care of me. Dylan checks on me every now and then when he visits Angy,he is a really wonderful guys and I'm so happy that he and Angy are together. She deserves the best and only the best. I don't know what would have I done without her in my life.

Today,she was extra worried because I'm alone with Adam in the mansion;Kathy is taking a day off and Angy is going on a date with Dylan. Going back to work tomorrow will be hard but I can manage. I know how to walk so I can avoid the pain and what to aply and take incase things got heavy. My chest still hurts when I breathe but it's bearable,especially with the painkillers I'm taking.

I was sitting on the laptop,in the living room,while Adam was playing with his air plane.

He came and sat beside after sometime,probably because he got bored.

"Mommy what are you doing?" my son asked.

"Working,see this is a patience file I'm checking,he has a surgery on Tuesday and I'm going over his archieve."

"Will he be okay."

"I'm sure he will after the surgery."

"Are you going to operate it?"

"No,I can't currently because of my injury."

"Oh."

"So are you enjoying your time with Kathy?" I wanted to ask him after I got home but never gotten the chance too.

"Yeah Kathy is great. She teaches me a lot of stuff and she's really fun."

"Really? What did she teach you?"

"She taught me how to cook spaghetti,and a way to draw a star with perfect edges,and oh! She taught me how to do orgamany? Organy?" he looked adorable as he spoke with excitement and tried to remember the word.

"Was it Origami?" I helped.

"Yes! Oragami! The art of folding paper she said."

I smiled at him,"What things can you fold the paper to?"

"I can fold the paper into a boat!"
"Can you show me how?"

"Sure! I'll teach you!"

We spent the day doing Origami. I was so glad that Adam liked Kathy,I was so worried that he wouldn't but now I know he's comfortable with her,this is a weight of my shoulder.

Angela's POV:

"I have no idea why I did this,but I just did." Dylan smiled as I laughed when he finished telling me the story. He was telling me one of the stories when he was younger. I loved hearing them,he was so reckless back then and the things he had down were hilarious.

"Dylan you are a trouble-maker." I shook my head and filled my fork with food.

"Girls love bad boys."

"And bad boys love their only good girl." I commented.

"Is my angel jelous?" he faked a shock.

"Pft,no."

He chuckled. "Even if girls throw themselves at me I will still prefer to be in your arms than in bed with them."

I blushed a little his words are just amazing.

"You know I remembered the first lunch we had when I first met you as Mr Hunter." I mentioned.

"Yeah it was when I was suppose to control myself so I won't tell you the truth."

I smiled. "Was the story you told me real?"

"What story?"

"The one with and some boys busting a Halloween party?"

Dylan chuckled as if the whole thing came back to him. "Yeah. The good old days."

I bit my lips a couple of times thinking whether I should say what's on my mind or not.

"Angel?" he spoke it was when I noticed that I was staring at him.
"Oh I just drifted a little."

"About what?"

"I umm was thinking about something that's been lately on my mind but it's just,I don't know..."

"What? What are you thinking about?"

"Your family."

The expression on Dylan's face showed nothing.

"My family?" he asked blankly.

"Yeah,it's been a really long time since you last saw them,and I know how much they mean to you-"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore,Angela." he said strickly.

I rose my eyebrows a little surprised by his attitude.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine,I just-please let's just not talk about this anymore." he repeated a little annoyed.

"Okay." I didn't want to push it,it seems that it's a really sensitive topic to him,because I once got this reaction from Claire when I opened the topic a long time ago about Adam's father.

Dylan and I continued our lunch in silence. Neither of us had spoken a word after what we talked about,the car ride after we were done wasn't so better either. He parked infront of the mansion.

"Bye." I said as I opened the car's door.

"Angela." his voice was soft.

"Yeah." I turned to him.

"I'm sorry for acting that way in the resturant."

"It's okay,you don't like to talk about the subject and I respect that."

"Thanks."

"No problem." I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss before leaving. I didn't want us to argue so I didn't push the subject but I'll try to open it later,because I know how much Dylan loves his family and I know that seeing them again is going to make him happy and joyful. I want to find them,I want to find them for him. He's probably scared to face them after he ran away,years ago,but I know he misses them and I'm pretty sure they miss them too.

He has done so much for me and cared for my happiness now I'll do the same with him. This is it my next mission is to reunite the family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 3.6K 45
"Won't you join the bath with me?" I tilt my head feigning innocence. He raises a brow coming closer leaning into me. "And why should I?" "Because...
765 1 21
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. I had everything a guy could ask for, a loving family, the perfect small-town life...
112K 2K 75
I've always had a feeling that I would die young. Ever since I started pondering on deaths door I've had this feeling. I could care less about the he...