The Guy Next Door

By LovelyWriter123

Explicit Context... Successful, hard working, and no tolerance for non-sense attitude made Khloe Sparks the s... More

The Guy Next Door
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 16

385K 7.8K 3.3K
By LovelyWriter123

Chapter 16

Twisting my fingers together I sunk my teeth into my bottom lip, my eyes fixed on the twin crimson entrance doors of the fancy restaurant, like a hawk I stared at the wide doors waiting for Wes to stroll in. Although I honest couldn't really blame him for not arriving, our last encounter was very awkward considering we practically had sex on his sofa and my immature exit didn't exactly help the already uncomfortable situation.

I released a small sigh under my breath as the scene from two days ago replayed in my mind bringing along with it an ache in between my legs. As much as I wanted to say I didn't enjoy what he did I couldn't bring myself to deny how incredibly amazing I felt as my body awoke from it's deep slumber, the toe curling sensations he ignited through my body that none of my previous sex partners were able to do. I hated the fact that Wes had given me my first orgasm, but more that he most likely doesn't even know that he had. To him I freaked out because he had his fingers in my clit, but it never crossed his mind that the foreign feeling freaked me out. After more than ten years of trying to get my body to feel that level of ecstasy he comes along and with three -very talented- fingers makes me feel more womanly than I've ever felt in my whole twenty six years of life. That moment will forever be imprinted in my mind but to him it's just another girl screaming his name.

The small pang in my chest startled me as the realization dawned on me, he has made other woman feel that soaring feeling so what would another experience with me matter? I should have been delighted by the thought but I didn't, instead I felt another pang in my chest. A man causally dressed stepping through the large crimson doors had my head snapping up as his soft grey eyes searched the small bar outside of the actual restaurant before settling in me. My heart pounded in my ears as he made his way towards me, a wave of discomfort washed through me as he approached looking dashingly handsome in navy blue slacks and a sleek silver dress shirt that was tucked neatly under his slacks. Drinking in his perfectly tailored clothing I once again applauded John for doing an amazing job, and the color choices were appropriate for the light lunch. The shirt clung to his upper body like a second skin adding to his lean figure, the top buttons were undone allowing a peek at his sun-kissed skin.

Digging my fingers into my palm fought the urge to run my hands over the exposed skin, remembering vividly how taunt his muscles were beneath my touch.

"You came." I said in a soft breath

"I said I would." he replied his features schooled

It bothered me just how cool and collected his features were, it wasn't like Wes "Yes, well given the circumstances I thought you wouldn't."

A glint of hurt flashed in his eyes before he spoke "I didn't expect you to take what happened well but I didn't think you would be so childish either." he said a edgy tone tinging his words

"I'm not being childish." I shot back my eyes narrowing to slits

He took a step forward which hadn't went unnoticed, my stomach clenched nervously well aware of his looming shadow that cascaded over me. "You couldn't even ask me yourself to come today, your friend had to and I'm sure you were standing right beside her too scared to talk to me." he seethed his voice a low hiss

My eyes widened at his precise guess, while Tess spoke to him yesterday I strained to hear his response over the desk hoping he wouldn't mention anything about our - encounter or refuse to accompany me. Composing my shock at his accuracy I lifted my gaze to meet his, to show him I wasn't scared.

"How would you like me to act than? You are obviously a professional at this sort of thing considering the woman that parade out of your apartment monthly."

A muscle in his jaw ticked in aggravation, his expression growing hard with the sudden turn in the conversation "Those woman leave after we've had sex while you ran away after I barely touched you."

I flinched feeling the sting of his words, my earlier thought came back to bite me in the ass. In his mind I was just another girl he 'barely' touched as he so kindly put it, nothing more. My shoulders slumped in sheer disappointment despite that I had already entertained the idea in my head before this confrontation. That didn't lessen the blow after practically hearing him speak the words out loud.

"It doesn't matter, okay." I said in a dry voice no longer holding the challenging tone as before, swallowing past the lump in my throat I forced myself to hold his gaze "Let's just get this lunch over with and then we can go back to our own lives."

Turning on my heels I couldn't have broken the stare quick enough, his grey eyes seemed to have softened after I spoke and the determined fire faded leaving a pair of pale blue orbs. Approaching the hostess I offered her a polite smile ready to give our reservations when a large cool hand caught mine, spinning around I nearly gasped at the close proximity of his body to mine. His chest grazed the tips of my nipples causing my mind to stand on alert in awareness of his body so close to my own.

"I'll go in there on one condition." as he spoke his warm breath fanned my heated skin making my knees quake together

Licking my parched lips I noticed his smoldering gaze lowering to my now glistening lips "And what is that?" I asked in a small whisper

His free hand lifted up to my face, with the pad of his thumb he rubbed my bottom lip his gaze returning to meet mine, only this time his eyes were clouded much like they were when we were kissing on his sofa "After lunch with your mom, you and I talk about what happened."

Gulping nervously I wanted to say no, I don't want to talk about that especially not with him but I didn't have much of a choice and he knew it. Figuratively cornered and light headed from the smoldering look in his eyes I nodded before I had time to think it over. Stroking my bottom lip one last time he dropped his hand a smile tugging at his lips.

Blinking away the last traces of the trance he had me in I faced the hostess who was grinning in our direction, it only than occurred to me that she had witnessed the whole scene. Inwardly groaning I tried my best to return her smile as I gave her my mother's name. Nodding in approval she ushered us through the spacious restaurant the smile never leaving her face and neither did Wes's hold on my hand. The firm squeeze of his fingers on my own felt reassuring as my mother came to view, beside her Stacy sat with a large black binder opened over the silverware. Unconsciously squeezing his warm fingers I didn't realize I stopped until Wes was pressed up against me.

My eyes darted from Stacy than back to my mother who sat idly chatting about whatever Stacy had in front of her. The hostess paused only now noticing we weren't following her anymore.

"She isn't suppose to be here." I whispered to myself

Wes nudged me forward his breath fanning the nape of neck as he spoke in a soft whisper "Are you okay?"

Nodding robotically I gulped down my shock and started forward again until we approached the table, the hostess flashed us another ear to ear grin before returning to her post. My mother was first to notice our arrival, pushing out of her seat she greeted me with that silly air kiss I despised and did the same to an awkward looking Wes who shared my opinion about that ridiculous greeting.

"Hello again." Stacy greeted her voice sultry as she stood up to her full height, her eyes darted in my direction before leaning forward and placing a kiss on Wes's smooth cheek her lips lingering dangerously close to the corner of his mouth.

Grinding my teeth together I wondered if I'd have any teeth after this tortuous hour, my eyes fixed on Stacy's smug expression when she pulled back noting Wes's shocked expression. I clenched my fists at my sides to keep from grabbing a fistful of her perfectly, flowing long red hair and yank a large chunk from her pretty little head for the stunt she pulled.

"You're looking well Khloe." she sneered the smug smirk firmly in place as she took her seat

Dressed in a black pinstriped pencil skirt and short sleeved beige blouse that was buttoned up to my neck I resembled a schoolmarm whilst Stacy wore a bright aqua tank top that complemented her tanned skin and round -surgically implanted- breasts, matching it with a short and very tight cream colored skirt. Paired with killer cream pumps and heavily caked make up Stacy looked like the model she was.

"Oh dear couldn't you have dressed up a little honey?" my mom mumbled so as only I heard her

"I just came from work." I said knowing it was no excuse for my prude like clothing

"So did I." Stacy countered her slim brow arching in a silent challenge

Biting my tongue on the matter I went to take my seat when Wes pulled the cushioned chair out a dashing smile on his face, taking the seat I noticed my mom beaming at Wes for the gentlemen behavior. He sure knew how to play the part of a dotting boyfriend, it had me wondering if he was really this gentlemen in a relationship or was this all to impress my family. I guess I'll never know.

"I'm one lucky man to be joining you lovely ladies for lunch and might I add you look beautiful this afternoon Ms. Sparks." he announced as he took his own seat

My mother waved her hand a light blush flooding her cheeks and I had to shake my head to be sure that I had actually seen what I think I did.

"You rascal." she giggled covering her rosy lips with her hand looking very much like a teenager

"Honestly ma'am you look dazzling." he continued his irresistible grin on display, turning in my direction I noticed the glint in his storm like eyes "As do you sweetcheeks." he added with a flirtatious wink

Turning my gaze away from his it was my turn to blush at his bashful flirting in front of my mother of all people. Peeking up through my lashes I nearly bursted into hysteria at the aggravated expression on Stacy's face as Wes ignored her which she wasn't use to, it was usual Stacy receiving every male's undivided attention and compliments. For once I was on the receiving end and it felt incredible.

"Wes, honey you're so charming I might snatch you up." my mom giggled lowering her newly manicured fingers from her mouth

Stacy snorted the creases on her forehead smoothing out at the mention of snatching, Wes chuckled and threw a possessive arm around my shoulders clueless to the double meaning everyone at the table understood but him "I'm flattered but I've only got eyes for one Sparks woman." he replied shooting a quick glance at Stacy who didn't seem pleased by his response

It took all my self control to hold the childish part of me that wanted to point a finger at Stacy's furious figure and laugh at her sleazy attempt when she greeted Wes. Take that you man stealing whore! I sneered in my head a victorious grin tugging at my lips.

"That won't last long." Stacy mumbled under her breath thinking no one heard

"Speaking of snatching." I strained the last word, purposely as I turned to Stacy just as she blinked her spider leg like eyelashes in false confusion "Why are you here?" I asked not attempting to hide my disdain at her unexpected presence

Offering an innocent smile she had an evil glint in her forest green eyes "Mother told me she was having lunch with you two today and I couldn't resist but join." her words held an underlying tone I recognized but couldn't quite place

"Of course you couldn't." I replied with a poor excuse of a smile

Shrugging her toned shoulders she flashed me her trademark smile that was plastered on the latest perfume ad she managed to snag, every magazine I picked up had her face on it, it was sickening. On days when I was in a testy mood I would grab a sharpie mark and color in her perfectly white teeth and draw a ridiculously long mustache on her face. If only I had a sharpie now, I thought maliciously.

A waiter dressed in a crisp white shirt handed us our menus although there was no point, we have been attending this specific restaurant for as long as I could remember and we each knew the menu by heart, my mother gave her order first followed by Stacy than I. Wes on the other hand looked confused by the meals in front of him, the waiter tapped his pen impatiently as Wes struggled to ask for help reading the foreign language.

"Do you need help reading the menu?" Stacy asked her tone not holding an ounce of empathy for the awkward situation Wes was in, my mother placed her own menu down and sent Stacy a wide eyed look that warned her to stay quiet.

"No, thank you." Wes responded in a strained voice

A wave of guilt washed through me as I watched him try figuring out what the written jumbled words in front of him meant, opening my mouth I thought of ordering for him when Tess's advice replayed in my mind.

'Men need to feel like women need them, not the other way around.

This would qualify as one of those 'not the other way around' moments but I couldn't just let him sit there like an illiterate child, closing my mouth I slid my hand under the table before resting it on his knee. Startled by my touch he sent a quizzical look my way as if asking what the hell was I doing, I was asking myself the same question. Keeping my eyes fixed in front of me I motioned with my hands for him to lower the menu, it took a few tries but eventually he understood and lowered his menu. Memorizing the menu by heart came in handy as I pointed at a dish I assumed he would enjoy.

After a terrible try at pronouncing the dish the waiter had Wes's order and with a polite smile he poured each of us a glass of wine before placing our orders.

"A toast to new beginnings." my mother said beaming at Wes

Raising our glasses in unison I raised the flute to my mouth when I felt the heat of Wes's stare on me, turning in his direction I met his knowing stare "To new beginnings." he repeated as he took a sip his eyes never leaving mine

Our food arrived in record time and judging by Wes's expression he was pleased by the ordure I ordered for him that he allowed me to choose the main meal, away from view of course but I didn't mind it. Halfway down with our lunch I was surprised at how smoothly the conversations flowed with hardly any snarky remarks from neither Stacy or I. For a minute I thought we resembled a normal family asking and answering each others questions but I was deluded enough to expect the peace to last. We were too dysfunctional for that and Stacy's next words was the first domino to tilt in the long row of dominoes that -eventually if not soon would tumble down on this somewhat normal meal.

"Khloe, I've been meaning to ask if you are free later next week." Stacy asked wiping her mouth of the mediterranean salad that she picked at yet managed to stain her generously applied nude lipgloss

"I'd have to check with my assistant, why do you ask?" I questioned, suspicious of her sudden interest in my schedule

Straightening her shoulders she exchanged an excited smile with my mother who lowered her fork from her own salad "This unexpected but I just had to share this happy moment with you." she said her words dripping with false sincerity, translation she couldn't help but thrust yet another accomplishment in my face

"Dawn Summers offered me a spot in her next bridal runway show." she squealed excitedly

"I couldn't believe it when she told me yesterday." my mother interjected a proud smile on her thinning rosy lips, reaching a hand out she squeezed Stacy's hand over the table

Jealousy jolted in my chest like a flash of lightning in the midst of a heavy summer storm as I took in my mother's excitement for Stacy's latest project. Raising the glass of wine to my lips I took a sip hoping to reign in the ugly emotions tearing my chest apart, it hurt to see my mother so enthusiastic for Stacy when she has never taken an interest to my accomplishments. When I was promoted to head editor my mother barely cracked a smile let alone congratulated me on my sole hard work on landing the job but than again she never approved of me entering the publishing industry. No, my mother wanted me to follow in her footsteps career wise just the way Stacy did and become a model but I refused. Despite her attempts of signing me up for every pageant I didn't fall for the glitz and glamour of the fashion world like her, although being told by one of the judges that I wasn't cut out for those pageants helped me realize it much quicker. Yes, over fifty pageants and I lacked to place first in any of them, I always came a very close fifth.

"That's great Stacy especially with your age, it's fantastic." I forced the compliment out knowing the reminder of her old age in a business where the old hags -like Stacy- usually get the boot soon and the pull of her brows was very satisfying "What does that have to do with me?"

Her forehead smoothed immediately "Well the show is going to be held in Milan in two months that clashes with the wedding date so Greg and I decided to move the date up by two weeks."

"But that's so soon!" I gasped

"I know." she squealed again "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and Greg supports me on this, we would have postponed the wedding but the election is after the runway show. Isn't it great though, we can honeymoon in Europe." she beamed oblivious to my lack of excitement

"Fantastic." I said sarcasm dripping heavy from the simple word "But I still don't understand what this has to do with me."

Stacy leaned back her cheeks strained from the wide grin that has yet to drop off her face, it was literally glued on! "Because of the unexpected date change I'm going to need help planning the wedding so I was wondering.."

Oh hell no! Gritting my teeth together I watched Stacy chew her bottom lip her eyes dropping from mine in a rare moment of embarrassment. Shifting in my seat I didn't need to hear her ask the question for me to know what it was. Turning to my mother I noticed her twisting the napkin on her lap her expression wary as she waited for my response.

I wanted to bark no and watch them deal with this wedding on their own, watching them squirm would be oh so satisfying and I was going to say just that. Guilt washed over me when I turned to Stacy to watch her disappointed face, sighing I gave a small nod watching as her head snapped up excitedly. No matter how much her relationship hurt me Stacy is still my sister and this might possibly be her one and -probably- only wedding.

"What do you need me to do?" I asked ignoring the voice in my head the screamed at me to take back my offer before it was too late.

Stacy perked up her eyes shining with gratitude, blinking the kind emotion away she pulled up the large black binder from under the table "I have a meeting with a florist next week but Dawn wanted me to come by her city office to discuss my contract."

Leaning forward I saw multiple photos of flowers with different assorts of vases "I've checked the ones I like, all you have to do is go to the shop and decide which is the best choice."

Nodding I took the binder in my hands wincing at the heaviness as my arms dipped, placing it on my lap I opened it to a random page. My brows shot upwards as I saw the checks beside each photo on both pages, flipping the laminated page over I saw the same check marks, turning to the next three pages the same green marks beside each photo my eyes landed on.

"I had trouble choosing." she laughed softly

"I can tell." I muttered as I closed the binder leaving it on my lap so as I wouldn't forget it. "I'm not really a professional flower picker but I'll try."

"It's not difficult just chose the flower the fits the theme and color of the event."

In unison all three of us turned to stare at Wes who cut into his the array of vegetables that remained from his lunch, which he enjoyed judging by his lack of participation to the conversation too consumed by the food in front of him to bother entraining the females surrounding him. Noticing the curious stares Wes paused in the middle of chewing, his grey eyes darted around the circular table before he forced his food down.

"How exactly do you know that?" I asked quirking my brow up

"My mom use to work in a floral shop before her and my dad opened the restaurant." he answered the corners of his mouth tilting into a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes like all the others

My hand itched to reach for his, to comfort him and rid the sadness shining his soft eyes. I was doing just that when my common sense kicked in, comforting him would be an intimate gesture that a girlfriend would do. That thought anchored my hand at my side, there is a thin line in this strange relationship Wes and I have, I neither want or need to cross.

"Would you mind going with her?" Stacy asked fluttering her long lashes up at him her lips pouted pleadingly "No offense Khloe but your taste is umm..bland."

Bland! I opened my mouth to argue on that fact but quickly closed my mouth as my eyes drifted down to my clothing than forward to Stacy who looked like a normal thirty year old, at the peek of her life whilst I looked about ready to choose my coffin and I'm only twenty-six.

"I'm not sure-"

"It won't take long at all and you can set a time that fits your schedule." she added fluttering her lashes once again

Peeking up at Wes I couldn't help but want him to join me, flowers aren't my area of expertise and the bouquet he sent to my office was a unusual yet equally beautiful array. His eyes jolted in my direction as if checking with me, nodding my head in response I secretly hoped he would.

"I guess I could join you." he finally caved

I couldn't help but smile in relief as Stacy thanked him relieved that the fate of her wedding flowers didn't rest in my bland hands. Wes gave her a curt nod and went back to his plate barely touching his wine, I watched him with a curiosity I couldn't explain. He could have easily made up an excuse yet he didn't, his helpful deed tugged at my heart strings.

Mentally shaking my head I slammed an imaginary brick wall around my heart to keep the warm tingling sensation at bay, these sort of feelings lower defenses and leave your heart vulnerable for heartache. Stiffening at the reminder of my heartache from all too long ago. Turning back to my plate I felt my appetite diminish as I thought of the possibility of Wes worming his way in my heart, hardening my defenses I made a silent vow to not fall for his charm like most females did when facing Wes.

My heart can't withstand another backlash from yet another male. I can't and won't allow him to steal what little of my heart remained.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 1.4K 24
Redeeming love. It's the story of one girl name Adrienne Nelson who try to find her happiness. She never know who is her mother is because it's only...
151 10 6
Harper married young and she married wrong. She tried for years to make her relationship work, until one fateful day when she arrived home early fro...
8.7K 214 7
PUBLISHED Khloe Hudson is all out of everything. All out of patience for her alcoholic father. All out of money from her summer job savings. All out...
387 12 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...