distance → jack gilinsky

بواسطة l2tpkacey

"i'm tired of you." "i'm tired of us." missed calls and ignored texts, late night stressin' - SEQUEL TO NOBODY المزيد

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
THIRD BOOK

fourteen

5K 189 153
بواسطة l2tpkacey

"have fun with madison?" johnson asked gilinsky a while after he arrived home, a little past nine but two hours after kennadi had left. 

"yeah, it was a chill night." jack nodded. 

"where'd you guys go?" johnson question, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"i took her to see the zoo lights, i've been wanting to go for a while, so i figured why not take her." jack shrugged, taking a sip of the water bottle he just retrieved from the fridge.

"so have you talked to kennadi today?"

jack furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head. his eyes widened and he choked on the water, taking the bottle away from his lips. "oh, shit! i was supposed to take kennadi to see the zoo lights!"

"yeah, i know. she came by earlier. she was pretty pissed." the blonde jack informed him. 

"fuuuuck!" jack groaned, quickly taking out his phone, calling kennadi back. 

"yes jack?" she answered after a few rings. 

"baby, i am so sorry. madison needed help with a few things-"

"cut the shit gilinsky, i know you took her to the zoo lights. it's on your snapchat, dumbass." kennadi spat. 

jack sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "ken, i am so sorry. what can i do to make it up to you?"

"nothing," kennadi rolled her eyes even though jack couldnt see her. "i'm over it."

"are you sure?" jack asked. 

"yes, jack. i'm fine." she lied. "i'm gonna go. i'll call you tomorrow."

"okay, love you." he said but she already had hung up. 

"so?" johnson raised his eyebrow, wanting to know how the call went because it seemed a little too calm for it to be with kennadi. 

jack shrugged, "she was cool with it. she's not mad."

"and you believe that?" johnson gave his friend a look. he hadn't known kennadi as long as jack had, but just like any other girl, this is not something they're just "cool with".

"yeah. my girlfriend said she's fine, so she's fine."

"okay..." johnson trailed off, raising his hands in defense. "whatever you say man."

-

but things were not fine. kennadi remained angry at jack but she kept it underneath. it bothered her every time madison was around them. it got to the point where jack actually started inviting her on their dates. 

"i'm so fucking sick of it!" kennadi ranted to alexa and adrian who just so happened to be on the couch with them. kennadi paced back and forth in front of them angrily. "oh mads wanted to tag along, i invited mads hope that's cool, she was home alone and i told her she could join." kennadi listed jack's excuses. "he even has a fucking nickname for her!" 

"dump him and date me." adrian suggested.

 alexa scoffed, hitting her brother. "adrian, shut up."

"what? i'd treat kennadi then that fool jack ever could." he shrugged nonchalantly. 

"standing right here." kennadi playfully rolled her eyes. "but i'm literally getting sick of it. they finished recording that song of theirs long time ago, so what's up with always hanging out?" 

alexa frowned, "i wish i knew how to help." 

kennadi sighed and shook her head. "no it's okay. i just needed to rant for a bit... speak of the devil." she said, pulling out her phone. "jack's having a little mini concert for a few fans tonight, you wanna come?"

alexa's eyes lit up, "and see johnson?! i'm down!" kennadi giggled, her and johnson did hit things off nicely, but for johnson's sake- they were taking things really slow. 

adrian rolled his eyes. "i'm coming too. one to protect alexa from horny little boys named jack and two because i want to punch jack in the face for making my girl stress." 

alexa shot daggers towards her brother, rolling her eyes. "you're annoying, and kennadi is not your girl."

adrian shrugged, "a guy can dream."

-

alexa, kennadi, and adrian pulled up to the little room that was being held for the pop up concert. there were a lot more fans than kennadi expected, people really liked her boyfriend and his best friend. 

"look who's here." alexa nudged kennadi, pointing out madison in the crowd. 

"of course." kennadi rolled her eyes, huffing. "doesn't she have a bed time?"

alexa rubbed her friend's arm soothingly, "just ignore her."

"babe, you made it!" jack grinned once he saw kennadi approach him. he threw his arms around her, hugging her tightly. he saw adrian right behind her and his smile faltered as they both stared each other down.

"wouldn't miss it." she smiled at her boyfriend. she sniffed his shirt, pulling away with furrowed eyebrows. "you smell like perfume?"

jack lifted his own shirt, smelling it for himself. "oh, that's probably mads'."

kennadi rolled her eyes obnoxiously, crossing her arms over her chest. "why the fuck was she so close to you?"

"kennadi-" jack huffed. 

"g, we're about to start!" johnson called off in the distance. jack frowned towards kennadi before jogging off toward the stage. 

-

besides everything, the concert was going really well. jack sang his heart out, with jack coming in perfectly with his rhymes. kennadi was actually very proud of her boyfriend and so were the fans in the crowd. 

it was getting close to the end of the slow and things were slowing down. 

"so, jack and i are working on an ep." johnson said into his mic, causing the girls in the crowd to go wild. "so this is a song i wrote that's going on the ep. it hits a little close to home, for the both of his," he looks over at gilinsky. "so, we hope you guys like it."

an unfamiliar track started to play, that kennadi never heard them record before. 

"You know, you know

You know, you know

You know how it goes

When you fall for the wrong one

I love you, I hate you

It ain't cool, it's fucked up

Crazy how two people fall in love with each other

Just to turn around and hurt one another

It's fucked up

You know how it goes

When you fall for the wrong one."

kennadi furrowed her eyebrows, alexa too giving her weird looks.  

"You may have been the wrong one, but we met at the right time

Late night dinner date, sipping white wine

After hours, downtown like we fight crime

When you with someone around the clock, might find

That you learn to depend on each other

Then get sick of each other

Man, I miss how we used to be when we were so damn into each other."

johnson went on with his rap. jack's eyes met with kennadi's in the crowd. he could see the confusion in her eyes but he ignored it, so he could keep on with the rest of the song. he then glanced over at madison who was closer to him than kennadi was to the stage. she look unfazed by the lyrics. 

it was clear to kennadi that this song was about alyssa towards johnson, but why did it 'hit home" to jack as well kennadi wondered?

"I did not know what to expect

Loving you felt better than these checks

Ow, yeah, and I didn't wanna hurt you

But this other girl's kissing on my neck

And she's fine, yeah, she's fine

I don't mind, I just might find the time

'Cause I know just what you did last week

Did you really think you could slip that shit past me?

Girl, No way"

jacks eyes then locked with kennadi's again as he sang, suddenly he switched glances toward madison. kennadi's eyes widened as the pieces began to slowly fall into place. jack and madison... jack had fallen for her. alexa could see in kennadi's eyes that she had figured it out.

-

the show ended and as the fans were leaving, kennadi rushed backstage to ambush her boyfriend. she was heated, she was more than heated actually- she wanted blood.. and madison's. she saw them talking which made her blood boil even more.

"i can't believe you!" she ran up to gilisnky, shoving him in his chest. 

madison's eyes widened as did everyone's everyone around them. "woah, what's going on?"

"you shut the hell up!" kennadi sneered toward her. 

"kennadi, please just listen," jack sighed, grabbing her arm. 

"don't fucking touch me." she yanked her arm back. "why jack? did you really think i was stupid?"

"no, ken-"

"did you ever really care at all?" she kept interrupting him and any who knew jack knew that was one of his biggest pet peeves. "you're such a dick!" she shoved him again. "with her? seriously? she's literally ten oh my god!"

"kennadi." he clenched his jaw together. "please just. leave madison out of this."

kennadi scoffed, "of course. here you come being her knight and shinning armor! praise fucking jack fucking gilinsky." kennadi clapped slowly, sarcastically. 

jack noticed everyone around hem staring, and he didn't want people in their business. "can we please take this somewhere else?"

"why?" kennadi furrowed her eyebrows. "so everyone can't see how big of a dick you are? he's not even that big to be honest." kennadi said directing to everyone but mostly madison. her well  known petty side was coming out. 

jack clenched his jaw even tighter. "kennadi-"

"i'm tired of you." she cut him off once again. 

"i'm tired of us." he barked harshly  at her. 

kennadi shut down. jack noticed the look in her eyes, his own features softening. he looked down to avoid her hurt look. 

"well," kennadi's voice squeaked as she finally quite downed from all her yelling. "if you're so tired of us, let me make this easy on you." she slid the ring off her finger, throwing it at jack's feet. "have a nice life, jack gilinsky."

"lets go," alexa muttered, quickly grabbing onto kennadi's arm, pulling her away from everything before she started crying. 

jack picked up the ring from off the ground, he looked over at madison who gave him a look of sympathy. he shoved the ring in his pocket and continued to help pack up the stuff from the show.

--------------------------------------------------

i know this is unexpected, but this is the end of distance ;)

BUT DO NOT WORRY, jack and kennadi's story does NOT  end here, there will be a third book and that will be the end of the trilogy. 

so until then, 

thank you for reading this and commenting and the votes. it means a lot to me and i really love you guys. so so so so so much!

in the mean time check out my other books EXCEPT MY TRASH ASS FIFTH HARMONY ONES. 

but ily guys. 

happy new year!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

499K 11.8K 27
he was my best friend, my shoulder to cry on my everything. when we took that extra step in our friendship i was so happy, but it killed me to know t...
80.7K 1.8K 46
"We go from break up to make up.... And I'm tired of it. I-I need you to make up your mind."
25.8K 398 29
reck·less ˈrekləs/Submit adjective (of a person or their actions) without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action.
56.5K 455 32
"He told me to stay away from you because I told him, I told him I love you Talia. My feelings have grown more from the little sister phase." "Jack...