Let's Fix This

By Geeki_

Charlotte's parents have a fight and decide to get a divorce. The only person truly left for her is uncle. In... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Tagging Thingy
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Big Ole Author's Note
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Another One(A/N)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
HUGE AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
FAVORITE SHORRTTYYY
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Check My Author's Note)
Chapter 32
Author's Note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 31

947 51 9
By Geeki_

Charlotte

Henry and I are officially together, I can't believe this. I was finally able to get a good night's sleep and we'd all agreed we wouldn't be going to school today. Mondays aren't that important. This month is going by pretty fast though which is weird. I'm taking some time out today to go visit my uncle's grave. I don't quite know if I'm up for it but I think I need to. 

I get out of bed and choose some clothes, just a plain blue shirt and some grey jeans. I grab white ankle socks, and a matching underwear set. I place all my stuff in the bathroom and freshen up since I already took my shower last night. After spending an hour in the bathroom I clean up behind myself and make my way to the living room where Henry and Piper are on the couch talking about something.

"Morning Char." Piper says spotting me first. Henry nearly leaps over the couch to get to me. He plants a big kiss on my lips and pulls away before I can react.Good God, I love mornings. He smiles down at me and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Morning baby." He says as he guides me to the couch.

"Wow, good morning to you too. Hiii Pipes." I say a little stunned. We get to the couch and Henry sits down, pulling me onto his lap.

"Are you guys-?" Piper asks, pointing at the two of us and Henry nods.

"Yes!" Henry declares and kisses my cheek. Piper squeals.

"Yay finally! Okay so next is the wedding, can I be a bridesmaid? Pleeaasssee" Piper pleads and I roll my eyes at her. She stops and then sticks her tongue out.

"What were y'all talking about?"I ask Henry.

"Piper suggested if we were gonna get another apartment and I told her after thinking it over that I would but I also want to get a house. I don't want to move into an apartment this year and then move into an actual house practically a year after that." Henry says.

"What made you want to move into a house?" I ask him.

"That's what I said." Piper chimes in.

"I just want our own space, no elevator rides or anything like that. I want to walk into my own home and not get occasional complaints from people downstairs." Henry says.

"Makes sense but really why not wait until we're like 20 to do that?"I ask him.

"Because he's an impatient retard." Piper says and I laugh. He rolls his eyes.

"I'll wait til then but if we get another apartment it has to be 3 bedrooms."Henry says.

"3 bedrooms?" I ask.

"Why do you want a guest room?" Piper asks. Henry scrunches up his face.

"Guest room? Guests sleep on the couch or some shit. My babies need a room. Hugin! Cerberus! Come to Daddy!" Henry yells and low and behold, panting and paws are heard.

"Wow, you guys are getting big." Piper comments as they easily jump onto the couch and we all start to mess around with the two.

"Alright guys, I'll be leaving in a few." I say after some time has passed.

"We're coming." Piper says. She gets up and leaves the living room. I take this time to take in Henry's appearance. He's got on a light grey sweatshirt and darker grey sweatpants and of course no socks.

"I don't know how you can walk around with no socks on." I comment and Henry smirks.

"It's not that bad, you should try it." He says.

"Um I have, it's terrible." I say and he shakes his head.

"Char you know your toes won't freeze off." He says and this time I shake my head.

"You don't know that." I retort.

"I got the leashes let's go." Piper comes back in and I get up off of Henry. We all get our phones and wallets.We all put on our shoes or sneakers. I grab the car keys from in the kitchen and I come back to see Henry scooping up Hugin and Cerberus.

"Isn't the cemetery like 15 minutes from here?" Henry asks and I look at him like he's grown another head.

"Boy we ain't walking to the cemetery. It's 15 minutes by car which means 5 hours on foot. Let's go." I say to him and walk out the door. I catch him shrug out the corner of my eye. Once we're all out and Piper has locked the door I press the elevator button. Surprisingly it's already here so we all just step on and carry on our merry little way. 

After reaching the car and getting in, I just start thinking. My life has changed drastically in the span of like I don't know some couple of months, like half a school year. I honestly can't believe it and I'm actually pretty happy. Everything that happened led me to this point and I don't think I'd change anything if I had the chance. I know at some point though I'll have to face my mother again. I still can't believe she pulled that huge stunt and I thought my sister was cool until she decided to have her stupid boyfriend fight Henry. Her stupid ass didn't know my baby could hold his own. 

I glance at Piper in the rear-view mirror. I remember when I thought I'd have to tear her head off her shoulders if I even stood within 10 feet of her and now she's living with me. Their mother was pretty fucked up but I did get 2 amazing friends from her so I guess for that I'm grateful. Just about everyone I've surrounded myself with has made a major impact on my life. I feel like I haven't done nearly enough, I feel like I'm just a small part of everyone's life. I feel a hand on mine that pulls me out of my soon to be depressing train of thought. 

I look down and find Henry's hand is grasping mine, his stupid big hand covers mine. I smile though and lift up our hands and I kiss his knuckles. I watch as he grins and then pulls our hands over and kisses my knuckles. I just laugh at him. He's such a dork.

"Copycat." I tease and he smiles.

"Nah, just gotta show my favorite girl that she's everything to me at all times." Henry says. Someway it's like he knew exactly what I needed to hear. I forget that I am a big part of Henry's life and that he wouldn't have an actual family if not for me. 

You're important Charlotte, don't forget it. I remind myself, I have to be more confident. Eventually we pull up to the street right before the cemetery. Henry parks the car and everyone shuffles around. I just freeze. I'm not ready for this. I should have came here earlier, I'm such a terrible person. I hear  my car door open and I snap out of my thoughts. I turn my head to look at Henry.

"Come on Char, you can do it. It's better now than never." He says then kisses my temple. I just nod and unbuckle my seatbelt. I just wanna take 2 quick seconds to thank God for Henry Hart. I get out the car and start walking as I hear the car doors lock. I walk over to Piper who is holding both leashes and smiling at me.

"Lead the way." She says lightly and oddly enough it's sort of encouraging. I guide all of us to my uncle's grave. We finally stop at a grave that says " Roscoe Bolton Beloved Brother, Uncle and Son". I'm a little upset because he was way more than that. I wish I would have chosen what to have engraved under his name. My mother chose it. At the thought of my mother I got angry. 

How dare she decide what goes on his grave? She has no relation to him at all. My father should have been the one to decide that or I should have. My uncle was worth way more than 5 measly words. It's so cliche. I can't even believe she would do such a thing.

"Charlotte." Piper says sharply and I wipe my eyes. I hadn't realized I was crying. I shook my head a little and turned her way. Both her and Henry looked really worried. I just turn my head back to my uncle.

"Hey Unc, I'm sorry I didn't stop by sooner. I just got so caught up in my own life. I'm so sorry you had to go out like this. Honestly I just want you to know that you left me in good hands. I have a really good family now and the only thing that'd make it better is you being part of it. Mother is really showing her true colors and man, Dad should have listened to you when you warned him about her." I laugh briefly and then it's silent. I don't know what else to say. As soon as tears fall down my eyes again I feel the pups at my ankles, rubbing against me.

"Uncle R, I didn't know you too well. I met you once and all I know about you is the little snips that Dad and Char have told me. But I do want to thank you, it seems like you were a great dude. I would have loved to meet you but I can feel you through Charlotte and Pops so that's good enough for me." Henry says filling in the silence for me. I just turn to him and cry into his chest. 

"Mr. Bolton I hope you knew that Charlotte was amazing. Actually scratch that, I'm sure you were aware of that and I feel like you wanted to make sure she knew it as well. She's been a major help in my life and she's only just getting started. I just want you to know she's worth being proud of." Piper says and it makes me cry even harder. I just cry and let everything out. Henry rubs my back and Piper just hugs us both. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75 0 36
[+12]β–ͺ︎Charlotte Page, an orphan girl, who didn't believe in love at all. But her destiny can change when she meets Henry Hart. An ordinary boy. At l...
14.8K 573 21
Charlotte Page and Henry Hart were best friends. Nothing more, nothing less. But when Captain Man's life suddenly became in danger, they had to come...
13.1K 513 15
another chenry fanfic...with a twist. Charlotte and Henry have been best friends for a long time. They have been through every obstacle life threw at...
1.5K 2 66
Teresa Mara Nicholas or Dunlop, Best friend and Adopted Sister of Jasper Dunlop. Teresa's birth parents were killed by one of the villains of Captain...