The Princess and The Servant

By Airtempleavatar

Asami is a princess. Not an average princess. She is the princess of Encanta, a magical realm. She has everyt... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
AN
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A/N

Chapter 24

12.5K 338 222
By Airtempleavatar

Enjoy :)

Korra stared down at the ring, smiling. She felt a swell of happiness on her chest. Butterflies tickled the I side of her. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to sleep that night.

Korra relaxed her hand. She played with her bed sheets, a smile still on her face.

"What's got you all happy??".

Korra looked up. She saw Asami walking into the room in her pajamas. The raven haired princess walked over to her vanity and sat down. She picked up a brush and began brushing her hair. She looked at Korra through the mirror.

"Oh nothing", Korra said. "You just proposed to me. Nothing speacial".

Asami laughed and looked over her shoulder. Putting the hairbrush down, Asami got up. She walked over to Korra's bed. She sat down beside her, smiling.

"Well I'm glad I make you happy", she said.

Asami scooted closer to Korra. She wrapped her arms around her waist. Korra leaned on her so her back on facing Asami.

"Asami??", she said.

"Yes??".

"I love you".

Asami rested her chin on Korra's left shoulder. She kissed her cheek.

"I love you too".

"I'm glad your parents stayed the night with us", Korra said, looking up at her. "I know they'd want to stick around after today. The journey back would be too dangerous at this time of night".

"I should thank your parents tomorrow", Asami said.

Asami sighed and pulled away.

"C'mon. It's late. We need sleep".

Asami stood up. She turned to Korra. Leaning over, she kissed Korra on the lips. Korra smiled.

"Good night", Asami said.

"Good night", Korra said, getting comfortable in her bed.

Asami walked over to her bed. She got in, pulling the blanket up. Asami snapped her fingers and the lights dimmed down. She laid down, closing her eyes. She fell asleep almost immediately.
-------------

Korra laid awake, unable to sleep. She sighed silently as she stared up at the ceiling.

She had been tossing and turning all night. But she just couldn't get her brain to stop. Thoughts ran through her head in a never-ending train. She was too excited to sleep, but her eyes were heavy with exhaustion. She didn't want to worry about so she left her alone to sleep.

At least one of them would have energy tomorrow.

Korra rolled onto her left side, snuggling into her blanket. It was so soft and she was so tired. Korra closed her eyes.

Suddenly she heard a sound. Korra froze. She opened her eyes a little to peek. She saw a person standing in her room. How did they get in??

Her heart was racing. Korra knew exactly who it was.

Unaloq.

How did he get past the guards??. Unless he used his magic to teleport. Korra turned around so her back was to the man. Korra opened her eyes. She slowly moved her left hand around, trying to find something. Then she found it. She wrapped her fingers around the grip securely.

Korra prepared herself when she heard faint footsteps coming her way. Korra suddenly felt a presence behind her. She had to act now.

Korra tightened her grip. She shot up, swinging the sword. It was knocked out of her hand by a ball of light. Korra looked up. Her uncle stood there, actually surprised at her attempt.

"Well well well", Unaloq said, smirking. "You nearly got me that time. That's why I have fast reaction skills".

Korra backed away from him. She immediately got out of bed, standing on the other side.

"Asami!!", she hollered.

Nothing. Korra looked over at Asami. She was still asleep.

"Asami!", she tried again.

Nothing.

Korra looked at Unaloq. She dashed over to Asami. Korra hurried up to her. She shook her.

"Asami. Wake up".

Asami didn't wake up. She the constant and fall of her chest gave Korra the relief that she was still alive. Korra looked at Unaloq, walking away from Asami's bed.

"What did you do to her??".

Unaloq smirked. "I may have slipped a little something into her food at dinner. She won't be waking up anytime soon".

Korra looked at Asami then back at her uncle.

"Why are you doing this??", she asked. "Why do I have to die??".

"Why did you have to come back??", Unaloq questioned. "So long as you're alive, you're a threat to my plan. I honestly thought you'd be dead by now".

Korra raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean??".

Unaloq sighed, a blank expression his face.

"I sent a few speacial girls to get rid of you".

He smirked darkly. "Words can kill".

Korra thought about it for a moment. Her eyes widened. Wait a minute. Princess Azura.

Korra thought back to what she had said.

They'd get a surprise visitor soon. Unaloq. He sent them. That must be it.

"You sent those girls to say those things to me??", she said, disbelief in her voice and face.

"Yes", Unaloq replied, starting to slowly pace while talking. "They're sirens I assigned to rid of you. But, they're speacial. They don't kill by singing. They kill by insulting, ultimately telling their prey to kill themselves, which almost always succeeds".

He frowned, looking at Korra.

"That is, unless someone steps in and wakes them out of their trance. Their victim has no idea what they're doing. All they know is that dying in what they have to do".

Korra was in shock. She had been out in a trance by sirens??. That would explain why she didn't know what she was doing. She was being controlled.

Unaloq smirked. He made a dagger appear.

"Now", he said. "Unless you want Asami to die, I suggest you better stay still and don't try to call for help. My men took out the guards stationed anywhere near here".

Korra took a few steps back.

"Please", she pleaded. "Don't do this. We're family. My father loved you".

"Well I don't care about my brother", Unaloq said, advancing towards Korra. "I only want his only child dead. Pity when he finds yours and princess Asami's bodies".

Korra looked around for anything that she could use. She spotted Asami's sword laying on the floor a few feet away. She glanced at Unaloq then the sword. Unaloq seemed to have noticed the sword at the same time she did.

Korra and Unaloq both bolted for it. Korra slid on her knees on the marble floor. She reached the sword just in the knick of time. She pick it up and raised it. The sound of metal on metal was heard.

Korra looked up at her uncle. His dagger was against her sword.

"I don't want to fight you", she said.

Unaloq smirked, an evil look in his eyes.

"If you want to live and save your fiancé's life as well, you'll have to", he said. "Let's see how long you can survive before I kill you".

Korra pushed him away. The man backed up. Korra stood up, getting into a fighting stance.

She had to protect Asami. She had to keep Unaloq focused on her.

Unaloq shot magic towards her. Korra jumped out of the way. She looked to see a whole in the wall. Her eyes widened.

He was trully trying to kill her. She had no choice but to put up a good fight.

Korra looked at her uncle.

"Alright", she said. "Give it your best shot".

Unaloq advanced towards Korra. Their weapons clashed. Korra was suddenly blasted back. She landed on to the floor.

Korra felt her heart skip a beat as she made contact with the floor. Her shoulder felt bruised.

The princess sat up. Her sword was gone. Her eyes quickly scanned the floor. She saw it not far off. Korra scrambled to get it. She dodged a blast and landed right where Asami's sword laid.

Picking it up, she got to her feet, looking at Unaloq. She gasped and raised her sword in time to reflect a magical blast. It bounced off the metal and hit a wall. She looked at her uncle.

Unaloq looked like he was beginning to get agitated.

He shot at her many times. Korra dodged or reflected them all.

Unaloq suddenly changed the game and teleported. Korra's eyes widened. She looked around, completely on edge. She felt a hand grabbed her hair and yanked. She gasped. She was thrown against a wall.

Korra hit her forehead hard. She fell to the floor. Her head was pounding. Korra held a hand up to her head, wincing.

"Ow".

Korra was yanked up by her arm. She was blasted across the room. Korra crumpled onto the floor. She laid there, trying to process what had happened.

Korra hissed in pain. She felt something warm running down her face. She brought a hand up and touched it. Pulling her hand away, she saw a bit of blood.

Korra looked up. She saw Unaloq walking towards her. Korra was in too much pain to try and get up. Unaloq reached her. He gave a swift kick to side. Korra fell back down, clutching her bruised side.

Unaloq was letting her have it. He picked up Korra and threw her. Korra was hurled against a body mirror, knocking it over. The impact made the glass shatter. Korra felt shards of glass poke and scratch her skin.

She laid there panting, trying to get up. She rolled off the broken mirror, onto the floor. Her arm and head was killing her. She weakly pushed herself up to sit. She looked down at her arm and saw blood.

Korra couldn't believe it. Unaloq trully had no problem hurting his own neice.

Korra looked up, she saw Unaloq coming towards her. She tried to stand but struggled.

Unaloq walked up to her, smirking.

He grabbed her hair and forced her to stand.

Korra cried out in pain as the action caused her head to hurt more. She panted lightly, gripping his wrists, trying pry them off.

Korra was forced to look at Unaloq.

The man smirked.

"You're quite hard to kill. But I'm much stronger than you, my dear neice".

He raised the sword to her throat. Korra froze. She felt the blade against her skin.

"Any last words??".

"Yeah", Korra said.

Korra motioned her left arm. Unaloq suddenly cried in pain. He released Korra. His eyes squeezed shut.

Korra backed up.

"What did you do??", Unaloq asked.

He looked down at where the pain was coming from. His eyes widened. An icicle was lodged in Unaloq's thigh.
The man looked up at Korra just in time for a fist to make contact with his face. The was moved back at the floor. Then a blow to the side of his head sent him to the floor.

He laid there, unconscious. Korra stood there panting, her fists raised.

She watched Unaloq for any sign that he'd get up. But he didn't. Korra lowered her hands.

She stood there for moment, trying to collect her thoughts. She was breathing heavily. Korra lowered herself to the floor, exhausted and in pain.

Korra's head snapped up when her room door slammed opened. She expected the worst.

She was surprised to see guards running in. Korra let out a breath of relief.

"Korra!!".

Korra saw her mom and dad run in, along with Asami's parents and Naga. Everyone stopped and looked around the room, shock covered their faces.

When they saw Korra, her parents ran up to her.

"Korra!!", her mother shouted, dropping to her knees.

"What happened??. Are you alright??".

She gasped. "You're bleeding".

Korra smiled. "Yeah. I'm fine".

"Unaloq", Tonraq said.

They all looked over at an unconscious Unaloq. The guards were cuffing him. They took him away.

"Asami!!".

Korra and her parents looked over at Asami's bed. King Hiroshi and Queen Sira were trying to wake her up.

Queen Sira looked at Korra.

"Why won't she wake up??".

Korra attempted to stand. Her mother grabbed hold of her.

"Let me help you", she said. "You're seriously injured, Korra".

The queen helped Korra stand. They went over to the bed. Korra looked at Hiroshi.

"Unaloq said he put something in her food at dinner time somehow", she said. "She needs to see a medic".

Hiroshi nodded. He stood up and looked at a guard.

"Hurry and fetch the royal family healer. Tell her my daughter was put under a sleeping spell and Princess Korra was attacked and is injured".

The guard nodded. "Yes, your Majesty", he said.

The guard shapeshifted into a white fox and hurried out.

Hiroshi and the queen looked at Korra.

"What happened??", Hiroshi asked. "Did you have a battle in here??".

Korra laughed lightly. The action caused pain to shoot into her head and side. Korra winced, bringing a hand to her side. Naga nudged her gently, whimpering.

Korra looked at her. She smiled. "I'm fine, girl. Really".

She looked at Hiroshi and Sira.

"He didn't hurt Asami", Korra said. "I made sure he was focused on me the whole time".

"Thank you for protecting her", Queen Sira said.

Korra nodded.

"She'd do the same for me".

Korra looked at her mom. Queen Senna looked sick with worry. Korra smiled.

"I'm okay, Mom. A little shaken up, but I'm fine".

"You're bleeding, Korra", Senna said. "You're not okay".

"Woah!!", a voice said.

Senna wrapped Korra in her arms protectively. They all looked at the doorway. They saw a fairy standing there. She was looking around the room.

She looked at the group. She hurried over to them.

"Your Majesties", she said. "I got your message. I have something to wake her up".

The healer fairy sat down on Asami's bed. She made a small jar appear in her hands. She took off the lid. The fairy woman took a pinch of a purple powder. She spread on her other palm and faced Asami. She blew it onto Asami. The powder was in inhaled by Asami.

Everyone stared at Asami, waiting.

Korra smiled when Asami began to move. Her eyes fluttered open. Asami rubbed her eyes, waking herself up. She saw everyone looking at her and froze.

"Um. What happened??".

Asami noticed Korra. She gasped and sat up.

"Korra. What happened??", she asked in a panic, taking her by the arms.

Asami looked at Korra's state in horror.

"What happened??".

"Unaloq tried to kill me", Korra said. "He put you under a spell so you wouldn't be able to wake up".

"What??", Asami said.

She looked around and saw the damage. She gasped.

"Oh my......".

Korra nodded. "Yeah. We uh...... I kinda fought for our lives".

Asami looked at her.

"Our??".

"He was going to kill you too", Korra said. "I couldn't let him hurt you".

Asami cupped her face gently. "How crazy was it??".

Korra sighed. "I got blasted, thrown around and kicked. He got stabbed and then I knocked him out".

Asami's eyes widened.

Korra rubbed her bruised side, wincing.

"We need to get you looked at, your highness", the healer spoke up.

Korra looked at her bleeding arm.

"You're probably right", she said.

Asami immediately got out of bed. "C'mon. Let's get you some medical attention", she said.

Asami and Queen Senna helped Korra stand up. Korra winced, holding her bleeding and aching head.

Asami wrapped an arm around her waist securely. She was obviously extremely worried by Korra's state.

They followed the medic out into the hallway. There were others out in the hall, probably been woken up by all the noise as well.

Korra heard gasps as they walked down the hall.

She looked at Asami.

"I'm just glad you're okay", she whispered.

Asami looked at her. "Korra. Thank you", she whispered back

Asami kissed Korra's left cheek gently.

"You're my hero".

Korra grinned. "I guess so".

So yeah. Comment what you think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 1.8K 24
Korra and Asami been best friends, they were inseparable. The two we're forced to apart since Korra had to go back to the South Witer Tribe to take h...
50.7K 1.9K 28
In an era of monsters and kingdoms, all Korra ever wanted was to be a respected knight. But there's only one problem- women aren't allowed to to be k...
187K 4.3K 42
Korra and Asami are best friends ever since middle school. Then in high school, both girls face various life-changing events in their lives. Will the...
9.2K 170 23
*Korra and Asami's life continues after 'Ruins of the Empire'. Korra and Asami are back in Republic City following the defeat of Guan. For once ever...