Love Bite (Book 2 of the His...

Von Rose_Wolf_

(If you haven't read His Alpha Her Omega then go ahead and do so, it will save you a lot of confusion) Highe... Mehr

Chapter 1 Racing Home
Chapter 2 Finally Home
Chapter 3 Safe at Home
Chapter 4 A Great Morning
Chapter 5 worst Case Scenario
Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run
Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms
Chapter 8 The Visitor
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The Interrogation, and the Unthinkable
Chapter 11 On Alert
Chapter 12 Pure Bliss
Chapter 13 Wake Up Call
Chapter 14 House Call
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack
Chapter 17 Preperation
Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts
Authors Note: Please Read
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 She finally Snaps
Chapter 27 Who She Really Is
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 19

1.4K 71 7
Von Rose_Wolf_

Previously, on Love bite 

  "Very well then" he says, before the line goes dead.

I then watch and listen as my uncle steps forward, clears his throat again, and begins to speak. Alright, now we are down to the last sparing match of the day" my uncle says. Suddenly my heart starts to race, so I quickly take a deep breath in and out. Calming myself. Easy Sophie girl, calm down, I tell myself soothingly. You can do this. I know you can. My uncle then looks towards me, I give him a reassuring nod. I then turn away, not wanting to look at the other group. "The last match of today is, our own Alpha Sophie Peterson Vs Shelby Green."

In that one moment time stands still.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

Once mine and Shelby's names are called it takes a moment or two before I start to make my way towards the space in between the two groups. My heart starting to race again inside my chest, hearing my paws thump against the snow as I start to slowly move forward, my head held high and looking straight ahead. Luka looks my way and gives me a low whimper.

"Good luck my love and be careful" he says with a somewhat worried look on his face.

"Thank you Hun. I will, don't you worry about a thing" I lightly grumble as I slightly turn my head and look at him out from the corner of my eye.

When I step out from the formation of wolves that make up our group I see Dylan and Angie peering out at me from the gap of wolf bodies.

"Good luck, Sophie, we'll all be rooting for you" I hear Dylan say. All of the pack then grumbles with him in agreement. I then feel a lightness enter my chest, and I can't help but feel humbled by this.

"Thanks Dylan and to every one of you guys. That means a lot to me" I grumble back.

I'm convinced that I have the best pack in the world.

I then look out from the corner of my eye and see my aunt talking to Shelby as she slowly starts to step out of her group, but they're talking so quietly that I can't tell what they're saying. Even with these ears. From what I can see however my Aunt seems to be reassuring Shelby, and Shelby's biting her lip even harder than before. This leaves me confused again. Why would Shelby be so nervous to fight against me? And if she is nervous, why is she biting her lip so hard in the first place? What's the big secret? If there is one that is. I find myself asking in my mind.

Then I shake my head. No. No that can't be. Shelby can't be hiding anything from me, we're best friends. Well, then again. I did keep the secret that I had the Alpha gene from her for a little over six months. So... My train of thought gets cut off by some chatter going over the pack mind link.

"This one's going to be good" I hear Luka say as he turns his head slightly towards Art.

"Yes. I have to agree with you on this one, this last fight is going to be epic" Art replies back to him with a slight grumble himself. Glad to see those two finally starting to get along, I think to myself.

I get to the center of the meeting valley first and wait for Shelby. I see her give my aunt a firm nod before she finally steps out of her group, and then starts to walk slowly over towards me. It only takes a few moments before we're standing face to face, squaring off against each other. From looking at her now, I can tell by the look on her face that she's nervous. But about what?

"Hey Shelby, real quick before we get started" I say in a slight grumble as I look her in the eyes. "What was that conversation you had with my Aunt about?"

Shelby then cracks a slight smile. "Nothing you have to worry about, Sophie" she replies. Even though Shelby's trying to hide it with that new smile, I can tell she's still nervous, but I decide to ignore it. Well for now at least.

"Okay, hey Shelby. Since this is your first time fighting, would you like for me to go easy on you?" I ask her in a grumble with a slight whimper at the end.

"Who says this is my first time fighting, Sophie. Whatever you do don't go easy on me please" Shelby replies firmly.

"Very well then" I snarl slightly with a nod.

Shelby then crouches down, preparing herself. I do the same and crouch down. My body coiled, ready to spring, and most of my weight on my back legs. Now it's pretty much a waiting game, to see which one of us will make the first move.

"Good luck, Little Sophie" says my uncle over the mind link. I can see him and Chris watching me out from the corner of my eye over on what would be considered the sidelines.

"Thank you Uncle" I say without losing focus on Shelby. Like all the other training battles that have been fought today, there's a quick moment of silence, and then in an instant, the fight starts.

I make the first move, without a second thought I lunge towards Shelby, my full set of dagger like teeth baring out. Shelby and I may be best friends at home, but here at this moment, were rivals. I let out a snarl as I come close to her, but just as I'm about to tackle her to the ground and end this thing quickly. Shelby moves out of my way, and dodges my attack.

Not a bit fazed I then quickly move around behind Shelby's right side to see if I can tackle Shelby from behind, but she's too quick. I see Shelby tilt her head slightly to the right, and then using her whole body she spins around to face me again before I even have a chance to make my move. I'm taken aback by this. There's no way Shelby could've seen me as I came around behind her right side. I was too quick for her to see, I think to myself. Then I think back. I remember that slight head tilt Shelby gave before she turned. The more I think about it, the more I don't think that was a simple head tilt. Was Shelby listening for me? Could she have heard me? No that's impossible no human's hearing is that sharp.

I come out of my thoughts by the sight of Shelby drawing her fist back as if she's going to try to punch me in the nose, but this time, through my eyes the action looks like it's going through slow motion. I think about it, and then I come up with a plan to end this fight. As her fist stretches out in an attempt to strike me in the nose, I slowly duck down so that I'm now out of the firing line of her fist, but in line for a straight shot to her chest. Then as Shelby's fist hits nothing but the cold, crisp winter air, and it starts to come back to the point at which it came I see my chance and leap on to Shelby, knocking her to the ground.

When my front paws land on Shelby's chest, the speed of the world seems to go back to normal, I quickly get on top of her and place my back paws on both sides of her lower body so that she can't get back up.

"Nice moves, but looks like I win, Shelby" I grumble as I look down towards her.

Then out of the blue Shelby starts to struggle from under my paws, twitching her neck and head from side to side rapidly as if looking for something that isn't really there. I'm confused. I didn't hit her that hard did I? I ask myself. Shelby stops struggling as her head's looking towards her group. I look up and see my aunt Sherry slightly shaking her head. I look back down at Shelby and her head looks back at me, a shameful look on her face.

"I'm Sorry" I hear her whisper. Sorry about what?

A moment later I feel a combination of pain, pressure, and getting the wind knocked out of me as Shelby delivers a hard kick in the gut from underneath, sending me flying off her. I let out a slight yelp as I hit the snow covered ground a few feet away, my vision's a little blurred, but other than that I'm okay, or at least I feel okay. Instantly as soon as I hit I hear the sounds of thudding paws and footsteps alike as they run to my aid, I look to find it's my uncle, Beta Chris, my aunt, and Luka.

"Sophie, are you okay?" Luka and my aunt ask as they are the first to reach me, followed by my uncle and Chris. My aunt asks and Luka whimpers.

I look up to see them. With my vision no longer blurred, I can now see that the both of them have worried looks on their faces, the worse one being on Luka's. The worried look he gave me before the fight even started, was now glossed over his honey colored eyes. I feel a ping of guilt in my stomach. For Luka that must've worried him have to death, watching his mate go flying like he just did. I know how he must be feeling right now. Worried about your mate, and not knowing if their okay or not.

"Yes ma'am Aunt Sherry, Luka. I'm okay just a little shaken up" I finally reply coming out of my thoughts.

"You're sure you're okay Sophie Jane?" asks Luka in another whimper as he lowers his head slightly.

"Yes Luka, I'm alright. Like I told you and my Aunt a moment ago, I'm just a little shaken up. That's all, no broken bones or anything like that" I half grumble, half whimper.

"Little Sophie. Are you sure you don't want your aunt to look you over? Just to be safe" my uncle asks

"Yes Uncle, I'm fine" I grumble as I get back to my feet and shake myself off. "Besides I've been kicked into a concrete wall by Ace summers trying to save Luka, that made that little kick back there look like child's play" I then tell him .

When I get to my feet I look over and see Shelby standing up, practically in the same spot I saw her in before she kicked me off her chest. I look over towards her. "Sophie, I'm so very sorry. Am I forgiven" she asks.

"Hey, At least you didn't knock me into a tree. That would've been really bad if you did" I tell her in a slight snarl. My reply takes everyone by surprise. "All that aside Shelby, all is forgiven."

"Alright then, I'll give you a few moments to recoup before we move on to the last thing of the day" my uncle says, as he, my aunt, and Chris start to walk away. Leaving me alone with Luka and Shelby. Luka looks over at me, and I whimper.

"I'm sorry Luka, my love, I should've been more careful" I tell him.

"Sophie Jane, my angel as long as you're okay and safe, that's all that matters to me" Luka whimpers back to me as he nuzzles into me. I gratefully return his gesture with one of my own.

"Okay Luka, Come on, let's get back to the pack" I grumble as we break apart from are nuzzles, and start to head back towards our group. When I'm a few feet away from the pack, I stop and turn around while Luka gets back in the formation with the others.

After a moment my uncle and Chris join on each side of me. My uncle clears his throat with a huff, and all the heads come to attention on both sides. "Well, Sophie, Chris, that battle was pretty close. Would you two think it to be fair to call that one a draw?" my uncle asks, turning his head towards me.

"That'd be fine with me, I'd call that a draw" I slightly snarl as I turn my head to face him.

"Chris. What about you?" My uncle asks, as I turn my head back so that I'm now looking dead ahead.

"If the Alpha's okay with it, then I'm okay with it as well" Chris's wolf snarls as he turns to face my uncle. Always putting my opinion before his own, I think to myself.

"Very well then, we're going to call that last battle a draw" my uncle snarls, and all the pack rumbles with him in agreement. My uncle then turns back towards me, and I do the same. "Sophie, from what I understand you have one more thing you want to show us before we can all go home, so I'll let you continue on" he says as he and Chris step back and get in formation, allowing me to step up slightly.

"Actually you guys, its Beta Chris who has one last thing to show you before we can all go home, so let's all go to the indoor training center and see what all the buzz is about" I tell them even though I already know what it's about.

Within a matter of moments the two groups merge into one, as we start to make our way out of the meeting valley. I look over and see my uncle reuniting with my aunt, and telling her she did so well. I then look back and see Angie and Dylan lagging behind.

"Come on you two. Hurry up, you don't want to get left" I slightly snarl.

"We're coming, Alpha Sophie. It's just. It's just..." Angie tries to finish, but sputters.

"I'll help you two" a voice offers, right before I see Art's shirtless, lean form speed walk out of the large group, and to the aid of his brother and his mate. The group comes to a stop, I then watch as Dylan stands still as Art lifts Angie and in one swift motion, places the blond on her mate's back.

I get it. Since Angie can't run with the pack like we can, she has to ride to the training center on Dylan's back, but since she hasn't learned how to hoist herself up yet, Art has to help her up.

"Thanks baby bro" I hear Dylan slightly grumble.

"You're welcome" Art replies in a low tone as he starts to speed walk back towards the group, followed by Angie and Dylan trying to catch up.

When I see that Art is about to pass me on his way back, I just can't help myself. "So I finally see that you do indeed have a heart" I poke fun at him, as I playfully grumble in my chest.

"Just because I don't show my emotions all the time, doesn't mean I don't have a heart, Sophie" Art says in a low tone, and then he pauses for a second. "I just have a hard time showing it" he adds.

Art then starts to walk ahead of me, trying to find his previous spot in the group. But as he passes me I feel this great, beating, intense pressure coming from inside my skull. It's like that pounding kind of headache, like when you run for too long or sit up too fast. Then something hits me. I'm not the one having the headache. If I was I would be in a lot more pain then this, I'm not feeling any actual pain from the headache, only the pressure that's coming along with it.

"Hey Art" I snarl firmly, so that he knows I want him to face me.

Art turns around. "Ma'am?" he asks, as he looks me in the eye. The intense pressure in my head vanishes, as if it wasn't even there.

"Are you doing okay?" I ask him, just to be sure.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" he asks as he then walks in front of me to get back to his spot, as I do I see him shift.

Once Art, his brother and Angie are now accounted for, the group starts moving again. As I look to the side I spot Shelby. She had turned away from me, avoiding any eye contact. My mind flashes back to what happened in the last moments of the match. There's so much I want to ask her, so much I want to know. I can't stop myself.

"Hey Shelby!" I call out in a slight yelp. After a few moments of hesitation, Shelby finally looks over towards me and I see her face, and concern is all there is. "How did you learn how to fight?" I ask her in a quiet snarl. Shelby tries to hide the mask of concern with another convincing grin, but now that I've seen it, I know otherwise.

"Sophie, I'm a very good listener" She tells me simply, seemingly shrugging me off. I then perk my ears, I can hear my aunt calling for her from up ahead. "I'm sorry. Your aunt needs me I have to go now" She then says, sounding almost apologetic.

"No, I understand perfectly, go" I grumble.

I then watch as Shelby walks forward, and disappears out of my sight, into a crowd of people. Suddenly I find myself alone, that is until I feel someone slightly nudge my shoulder. I can tell just by the warm feeling and sparks that just spread over my body it was Luka. The bond's getting stronger.

"Hi" I whimper, turning to look at him.

"Hey" he whimpers back nuzzling my nose gently with his own, he then turns towards the spot where Shelby was last standing. "Did you know she was that strong, Sophie?" he grumbles slightly, turning back to face me.

"No" I reply in a low whimper.

===================================================================                       

Hey guys first of all sorry this took so long to post this Chapter, the original Chapter nineteen was getting to long for me to write, so I actually split it into two, it was actually over 7,000 words before I decided to split. So let me tell you what I'm going to do, since Chapter 20 is almost done, and since I hate odd numbers I've decided to post this chapter and the next one, four days after the other. Once I'm done with that, I'll writing on chapters 21 through 30, since I know you guys are pawing for an update. One more thing guys, I'm sorry the fight scene stinks, writing fight scenes is not my strong hold.  

1. How and why do you think Shelby's so strong?

2. What should this chapter be titled? 

3. "Why do you guys think Shelby was so worried? 

As always to all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys.    

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

286K 13K 44
Complete. Rootbridge Pack - Book one. She's on the run. He's living a normal life. She's being chased by shadows - haunted by memories. He's just ha...
71.9K 3.5K 35
FOURTH BOOK OF "HIS ALPHA" SERIE, CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE, BUT CONTAIN SPOILERS AND MAY BE CONFUSING. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO READ THE FIRST BOO...
16.3K 1K 28
After losing both her family and pack in a massive rouge attack, Elyse spends 3 long months on the run. While being chased, she has no other option b...
32.5K 2.1K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...