Words Unspoken

נכתב על ידי Forever_Yours_Too

Strangers were all they were. And maybe it would've been better if it stayed that way. Kaylee Harrison had no... עוד

Chapter 1 - Bad Memories
Chapter 2 - Cigarettes
Chapter 3 - Girl Talk
Chapter 4 - Awkward
Chapter 5 - Snow
Chapter 6 - Give Em' a Show
Chapter 7 - Find Me
Chapter 8 - Back Again
Chapter 9 - Old Love
Chapter 10 - Run
Chapter 11 - Lie
Chapter 12 - Snowballs
Chapter 13 - Love Game
Chapter 14 - Memory
Chapter 16 - Shattered Glass
Chapter 17 - A Little Too Not Over You
Chapter 18 - Disappear
Chapter 19 - Numb
Chapter 20 - Pills
Chapter 21 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 22 - Making Amends
Chapter 23 - Photo
Chapter 24 - Payback
Chapter 25 - Out Of Our Minds
Chapter 26 - A Taste Of Your Own Medicine
Chapter 27 - Facade

Chapter 15 - Dark Secret

311 21 9
נכתב על ידי Forever_Yours_Too

Kaylee's POV

It was late that night when I woke up from a bad dream. As my eyes adjusted to the dark, I finally calmed down.

Sighing, I fell back into the bed, making it bounce up and down before it settled down. The only sound that filled the room now was my heavy breathing. Turning onto my side, I closed my eyes again to go back to sleep, but my heartbeat was beating too loudly, like drums that refused to stop playing, that somehow made me drag myself out of bed and out the door of my room.

Maybe some milk would help, I thought to myself as I reached the stairs. My hand reached out in the dark to hold onto the staircase's railing as I bounded down the stairs one at a time to go into the kitchen.

Humming a tune that only I could hear in my head, my hand reached around the wall, before it flipped the light switch on, blinding myself for a second.

As soon as the light settled around the room, the light quickly illuminated the figure on the couch in the living room, scaring me so much that my body involuntarily jerked backwards, slamming into the wall behind me. And maybe that was a good thing, because I wasn't sure if I was shocked or scared.

"Kaylee," Ayden grinned slyly at me, smirking when he saw my shocked expression. "Missed me?" His grin widened when he saw me shifting uncomfortably.

I shook my head furiously at his stupid remark about missing him. I couldn't even bring myself to lie at that. He wasn't even worth it.

"Oh, c'mon, give me a break. I'm just trying to get into character, since you will be playing my lover anyways, remember?" His tongue poked out of his mouth as he licked his dry and chapped lips.

Removing myself away from the wall, I started towards the front door. It had barely been a minute since I had seen him, and I already couldn't imagine what else more he wanted from me that I couldn't give him.

I wasn't more than an inch out of the kitchen before he suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and slammed me against the wall, making me jump in surprise at the cold touch of his hands.

"Not so fast, darling," his breath snarled in my ear, grabbing my wrist tightly, and I gritted my teeth tightly, because the cuts he had made in my wrist were still healing.

Holding my tongue, and biting down on it just in case, I turned my head to avoid his wandering eyes. His hands still pinned me to the wall, and when I tried to move, he only pushed me harder against the wall.

"Say something," he said, smirking because he knew I couldn't. I closed my eyes to avoid his dark green ones as his heavy breath blew out, waiting for the answer I couldn't give him. I pushed against his grip slowly as his grip tightened on me. I shook my head at him, telling him silently to let go of me, as silence filled the heavy scented room from his dark cologne mixed with sweat.

"Prove it to me then," he suddenly said with a faraway voice as I squirmed in his holding. Prove what? I thought to myself as his strange thought poured out of his mouth. "Make me believe that you love me." he ended.

But how am I supposed to do that if I don't? I wondered and finally opened my eyes, wishing that Avery was here to snap at him for me.

"Do it for Will, then," he said, scaring me because of how well he could read my mind. "Do it because I would hate to imagine what I would have to do to him if you didn't." I stared at the boy in front of me, trying to read him. But his relentless green eyes stared back into my brown ones, emotionless. The light that reflected off of his green eyes seemed to glow in the dark and his dark brown hair looked black in the night. I tried to force as much hatred as I could muster as I glared into his eyes, trying to ignore the way my heartbeat resided to beating inside my ears.

Eyes still on me, Ayden stepped even closer to me and I could feel his breath on me. 

I was angry now. Twisting my hurting wrists out of his grip, I shoved him away from me before I ran towards the door and threw it open, with the outside greeting me with a cold burst of air. Turning only slightly, just enough for me to see out of the corner of my eye, I could still see Ayden standing there besides the wall as he stared out at me. His cold and hard gaze was enough for me to break my half gaze from him and walk into the mist of the night.

It was only a few blocks that I had walked that I began freezing. Only dressed in the dark with my long sleeved white shirt and the pajama bottom that I had forgotten to change, the cold pierced my skin with just a single soft breeze. Chills ran through and down my spine like a maze, only it was meant to freeze me.

Then someone laughed, and the beautiful sound of it echoed throughout the dark night air, and somehow it warmed me, because it was too familiar for me to forget.

It was only seconds ago when the top of Chance's hair appeared from across the street, and the messy hair of another boy's appeared, too, right beside him. Louis.

Chance wore a smile that I knew only Louis would be able to give him, and he walked with a bounce to his step with his arm hooked with Louis', the meaning of inseparation between the two. Louis was saying something as Chance continued to laugh and walk beside him.

I began smiling a bit to myself as his smile was too contagious even from a distance away for it to not catch me. That smile seemed permanent, until he stopped short and his eyes gazed over at me, and a strange expression settled over his face. Still watching me, Chance turned and whispered something into Louis' ear, and Louis looked in the direction Chance was pointing at and nodded solemnly at him.

Chance slowly began making his way towards me, and I watched as the bounce left his step. It was only when I was less than a few inches away from him that he pulled my hand towards a different direction, and I prayed that the blood had already dried, so there would be no questions asked.

"Kaylee," he said, with an unfamiliar strange tone in his voice. I stared questioningly at him, and wondered why he was the surprised one because I had just realized that it was later than midnight and he and Louis were still out.

"Kaylee, are you listening?" Chance sighed as my eyes met his again. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as Louis continued staring at us. Nodding slowly, I tuned back into what he was saying, before I put my hand out.

Grunting, Chance dug through his pockets and pulled out his phone and handed it to me. Entering the password that he never changed since the day he met Louis, I found the notes section and typed: ?

"What are you doing so late out?" he asked with a frown on his face before turning back to see if Louis was still there. He was.

What are you doing so late out? I ignored his question and turned the phone towards his face. He glanced at it for a second and gave a small chuckle, before saying:

"Midnight stroll, Kaylee."

I rolled my eyes.

"Are you going anywhere?" he asked awkwardly. He bounced on the balls of his feet and looked at me uncomfortably, making me wonder, Where is he going with this?

Sighing again, he said quietly, "I think you should go find Will." Looking over his shoulder, we both saw at the same time Louis walking towards us.

I raised my eyebrows at him. How come?

"I don't know, Kaylee." he rushed through his words, "But there was something wrong with him today when we were at the café. Kaylee," he said slowly, "that girl we saw with him last time before we went to therapy left him in a mess when she left the shop. Louis and I had to half carry and half drag him home."

I didn't say anything because Louis had appeared with a sad look and a sad story to go with that look written all over his face.

"He's at Louis' house." he finished quietly as his shoulders brushed against Louis's. "You should go find him." Louis nodded at me simply before pointing his index finger in the direction of his house. Even I had no idea he lived so close to me.

"It's the last one at the end of the street over there," Glancing over at me slowly, he watched me slowly nod before his fingers entwined with Chance's, and they began walking in the direction opposite of where I was heading. Throwing a guilty look over his shoulder at me, Chance gave me a half smile before he became engaged with what Louis was saying once again.

Walking slowly with my heavy footsteps echoing after me, I replayed the conversation over in my head. Chance's change of attitude. Louis' mysterious attitude. And remembered what Chance said about Will. And as if the wind was urging me to move quicker with its increasing wind speed thrown at me, I picked up my pace and soon found myself in front of Louis' house door.

Reaching my hand up to knock, I stopped short. Breathing heavily, my hovering hand lowered and settled around the doorknob. Then turning it slightly and holding my breath, it opened without a single creak.

My hand trailed along the wall to keep balance around the unfamiliar room as I navigated around the dark room. I almost tripped over something on the ground as I continued walking towards where I assumed where Will would be.

Soon, I was in front of his room. Trying not to scare him, my hand reached up to the door and my knuckles rapped on it gently. There was a gentle huff of barely an acknowledgement, but I knew he knew that someone was here.

Barely turning, Will sat with his back to me and his face towards the wall in a criss-crossed sitting position. His breath was barely audible from where I stood in the quiet room. Twisting his head, he said with a surprised tone, "Kaylee?"

I ignored the call of my name from his lips and slowly made my towards him. Still not moving, he watched me as I made my way carefully over to him.

"What are you doing here?" he continued, questioningly. His usually perfect quiff was sticking up crazily from what I could see and the white shirt he wore hung loosely onto his body. Watching him, I slowly sat myself down at the edge of the bed on the opposite side of him and he turned his head away from me.

Silence filled the room, but it didn't fill me with dread and it wasn't an awkard one. It was one of those silences that were so beautiful that I was always wishing I could have when I wasn't punishing myself over the reason why, I, myself was kept silent.

Shifting my feet onto the bed to make myself more comfortable, I sighed and brought my fingers together on my lap.

"Do you ever feel like you're trying to save something or someone from something that's not for you to save them from?" Will said out of the blue just as I was making myself comfortable. I stopped moving and pondered over the meaning of his question, wondering since when Will had become so deep.

His eyes were still trained on the wall in front of him as if it fascinated him more than reality did. And in some points, I had to agree with him. I nodded slowly, and he glanced at me only for a second to see my answer.

His voice shook as he said, "I once had a sister."

Once?

"She meant the world to me, but I guess I wasn't smart enough to get her uninvolved with my fucking damn life." he whispered to the wall, as if it was a barrier between him and her. His hand reached out and his fingers traced the pattern on the wall, around the swirls and with the swirls as well with me watching the whole time silently.

"I wished I would've told her how much she meant to me. But that's too late and that day was just a memory now, yeah?" Will turned to look at me once again, and his golden brown eyes flashed with glistening tears, but none slid out and onto his cheek. He was holding them back.

"Now I have to live with the damn fact that it was all my fault." Will cried and grabbed at his hair, tugging on it furiously and harshly to feel something other than pain. But I realized that in this world, there was nothing we could feel without pain mixed in it somehow. The good and the bad, the yin and the yang, was always one huge circle of life's karma.

Suddenly my hand reached out and found its own pathway to his cheek. His stubble brushed lightly against my fingers and I held my breath as he held my gaze. Slowly breathing out, his warm breath warmed and tickled my hand and instead of pulling my hand back, I found myself wanting to leave it there on his face for some time more. But remembering the difference between him and me, I pulled my hand back and he jumped from the lack of touch I provided him.

Avoiding his eyes, I turned my head away from him and almost slapped myself for being such an idiot. Just strangers, I repeated once again to myself. And nothing more.

But that was more than a lie and in some way, I knew that he and I both knew we were much more than that, whether or not we wanted to be. It seemed like the world had turned their back against the both of us, and we were the only ones secluded away from the rest of the world with a secret to hide, and someone to keep safe.

The thought alone was enough for me to pull myself out of the bed and send myself flying out of the house, but unlike Ayden, Will kept his eyes on the wall barrier that kept him locked in.

~A/N: Sorry for the late update! I would really appreciate it if you guys could please, VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW. :)

And yay, Valentine's Day is coming up pretty soon... <3

~Forever_Yours_Too

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

308K 7.7K 111
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
595K 15.8K 54
(Book Two) At the age of ten, 'Eden-Rose' is now a world renowned name. Watch as she juggles between her growing fame and her personnel life. Dance...
1M 53.9K 34
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
99.5K 623 24
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...