The Princess and The Servant

By Airtempleavatar

Asami is a princess. Not an average princess. She is the princess of Encanta, a magical realm. She has everyt... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
AN
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A/N

Chapter 22

12.1K 337 192
By Airtempleavatar

Enjoy :)

Korra chewed on her bottom lip. She looked up at Asami. Asami was sitting in front of her, waiting.

Korra's parents had left the two alone so Korra could feel more comfortable talking.

It was quiet. Asami patiently waiter for Korra to say something.

Korra looked away.

"I honestly don't know why I did it".

"What do you mean??", Asami asked, obviously confused. "Korra, what happened in there??".

Korra sighed. "There were these girls. I think they're around our age. They're royalty as well. One of them was named Princess Azura".

"Azura??".

Korra nodded. "Yeah. Do you know her??".

"I've never heard of a princess Azura", Asami said. "Why?? Did she say something to you??".

Korra laughed dryly.

"How could I be so weak??. I let stupid words hurt me more than they should've. I really don't have a backbone at all".

"Don't say that", Asami said. "You are not weak. Words can do serious damage and have caused people to do terrible things so you're not the only one".

Korra nodded slowly, looking at the stone floor.

"She was saying how I don't belong on the throne. That I'm not smart enough or capable enough to be a queen. They were all picking at every little thing they could and they were right. I'm sensitive. I let words get to me easily. They said I wasn't good enough since I was a just a servant not even a month ago. Princess Azura saw that I'm still not used to all this and I'll never fit in and she told me I don't belong here and never will. She said that no one could ever really care about me or want me. Not even my parents or you".

Asami began to laugh.

"Korra. That's so stupid. They don't even know you".

Korra exhaled. "Thank you. That's what I said. They just kept running their mouths and I just........ i couldn't control myself. They told me it best for everyone".

Asami frowned. "Why would they say that to you??. That's so cruel".

Korra shrugged. She chuckled.

"I know what they were saying wasn't true. It's just my insecurities getting the best of me, I guess".

Korra looked at Asami. "I know you care about me. I don't know why I suddenly doubted you. I'm sorry".

"Don't worry about it", Asami said. "Did you say anything back??".

Korra nodded. "I just told them that I wished them nothing but a happy, blissful life".

Asami hadn't expected that kind of response from someone who was being told those horrible things. She at least thought Korra would use some very foul language or get angry and punch or slap Princess Azura. But no. She didn't. She was kind instead.

She frowned deeply.

"I think they should be talked to and told to leave".

Korra nodded. "Yeah. Me too. I don't want that kind of negativity here. This was suppose to be a fun ball but then this happened".

Korra threw her hands up.

"I can't go to one ball without ruining it. Spirits I have horrible luck with parties".

Asami smiled. "Well it's still going on. You think you ready to go back inside??".

Korra nodded. "Are my eyes red and puffy?", she asked.

She didn't want those princesses to know she had been crying or anything. She didn't want to give them that satisfaction.

"No", Asami said. "You look good".

Korra nodded, getting up.

"Alright. C'mon".

She helped Asami up. Korra closed her eyes and took a deep breath then released.

"I wanna talk to them", she said.

Asami's eyes widened a bit.

"Are you sure??".

Korra nodded. "Yeah".

Korra went to walk back inside.

"Korra", Asami said.

Korra turned back around and looked at the raven haired princess.

"Yes??".

"You were wrong about not having a backbone", Asami said. "

Korra gave her a confused look.

"What do you mean??".

Asami stepped up closer. "I mean you could have done anything. You could've argued with her. You could've gotten angry and told them off and get sassy with them or insult them for their words. You could've hit her. But you didn't. You were kind to them".

Asami grinned. "You didn't sink to their level of immaturity and rudeness. You may have let them get to you but that's okay. It happens. What they said to you, given your life experiences, is something that could hurt anyone and upset anyone. I don't blame you for getting upset. If I went through what you did and someone told me that stuff, I'd be crying too".

Korra gave her a look. "I tried to kill myself, Asami".

"Words can kill, Korra", Asami reminded her, "and you've been told that stuff a million times before".

Korra crossed her arms. "Which means I should be used to it by now".

"Everyone has a breaking point", Asami said. "And you're no exception. I guess you just couldn't ignore the words any longer and they probably really hurt to hear, right??".

Korra nodded. "They felt like knives. I didn't want them to hurt me but they did. I couldn't not believe it. I've thought those things before and just hearing them voiced by a stranger just hurt".

"But like I said", Asami said. "You didn't sink to their level. You were kind to them when they didn't deserve it. That's strength, Korra. You're strong. You've been through crap and you're still here, smiling and being the kindest person I know. Most people I know would let their hearts be hardened by these things just to keep themselves going".

Asami shook her head, smiling.

"But not you. You bounce back. You're still kind and good and you try to move past these things even when you can't completely. You still try. Like you said to the little girl, these experiences made you stronger as a person. You're able to know what it feels like to be treated poorly and to have no one and nothing. So then, you're able to be compassionate to others and to understand their struggles".

Asami nudged Korra gently, making the shorter girl smile.

"If that's not strong, then I don't know what is".

"Thanks, Asami", Korra said.

"No problem. Now C'mon".

Korra and Asami walked into the ballroom. The warmth of the room engulfed them both. Korra smiled.

"This is nice", she said.

"Korra. Asami".

The two princesses turned to the voice. They saw Korra's parents walked towards them.

Korra's mother walked up to Korra and hugged her, a worried look on her face.

"Are you okay??".

"Yes, Mama", Korra said, smiling. "I'm fine now. I don't even know why I did it. It's honestly a mystery to me".

Queen Senna looked at Asami.

"You talked??".

Asami nodded. "Yeah. She was able bring herself back to reality".

"Thank you, Asami", Senna said.

Asami shook her head. "I didn't do anything. Korra stopped herself and she reminded herself of what was going on".

She looked at Korra.

"I just gave her a little time to bring herself back. She saved herself".

Korra and Asami smiled at eachother.

Korra looked at her mom.

"I'm fine now. Really. It won't happen again".

"Who was it??", Senna asked.

Korra looked at her confused.

"What??".

"Who was it??", Senna asked again. "Who was bullying you??".

Korra didn't see that coming. How did she know??.

"How did you know??".

Senna smiled a little. "Because I went through the exact same thing when I married your father. Some other women had cornered me at a ball. They said horrible things that I still have trouble forgetting. I nearly killed myself because I trully felt it was all too much for me. I felt trapped and alone and scared. Something in me snapped one night and tried to do it".

Queen Senna looked at her husband. She took his hand.

"But then he found me and shook some sense into me and talked me out of it. He told me how much I meant to him and my family. He promised to help me cope with it all".

Korra had no idea. Her mother. The most amazing and strongest woman she knew had nearly done something unspeakably devastating.

"Oh my spirits", Korra said.

Queen Senna smiled. She took Korra's hand.

"So don't worry. It gets better. You're never alone".

Korra nodded.

"Now who told you that stuff", Senna asked. "I don't think that kind of negativity is appropriate for this ball. Especially on a speacial occasion meant for you".

Korra knew she was right. Just having those princesses in the same room bothered her.

Then she locked eyes with the princess. Azura smirked at her.

"Cmon Asami", Korra said. "I wanna say something to her".

Asami followed her without question. Korra and Asami approached the group of princesses. Azura frowned as Korra approached them.

Korra and Asami stopped in front of them.

"Hello", Azura said. "I see you're still here".

Korra smiled. "Yes. I am. I just had something I wanted to tell you all".

Asami looked at Korra. Korra clasped her hands and smiled.

"I forgive you for everything but you're wrong. I know what I am. Like I told you, you don't know me. So that gives you no right to judge me or my life. I'm not perfect. I get emotional. Yes I let my feelings cloud judgment sometimes which is something I need to work on. But that still doesn't give you the right to come to my ball, in my home and insult me with lies and try to bring me down. I know I don't have a proper education like you all. Slaves were exactly sent to school or taught anything. But I still learned something. I learned to be kind to others and grateful for what I do have. I learned to be wise and learned to hold my tongue in certain situations and how to treat people with respect".

Korra grinned.

"I think that's better than an education. It gets you places in life".

Korra looked at her arms. She raised her right arm and made a muscle.

She smirked at Azura.

"And all that hard work gave me physical strength. Although, being a princess in a castle where people do things for me now, I haven't had the chance to really use them other than learn to fence and I've recently started learning to punch someone hard enough to knock them out. It's fun".

Asami raised an eyebrow at her words. She silently hoped Korra wouldn't start a fight just to be able to punch someone. Korra liked to have fun and sometimes her curiosity and mischievous thinking would create crazy plans in her head.

Korra was not that innocent minded. She was a handful to keep track of.

Korra sighed. "But. Even though I'm nice and forgiving and have self-control, my parents aren't like that all that much. Especially when they heard about what you told me. So.....".

Korra smiled as kindly as possible.

"Leave".

Princess Azura and her friends' eyes widened.

"Excuse me??", Azura said as if she'd been insulted.

"You heard her", Asami said, a dead serious look on her face.

"We don't want you horrible people here".

Asami pointed towards the main doors of the ballroom.

"Please leave or I'll get the guards".

Princess Azura smirked.

"Then I guess you'll be getting a visit from a certain someone soon", she said before her and the other girls turned and walked away.

Asami and Korra waited for them to leave the ballroom. As soon as they left, the two gave eachother a high five, a smirk on their faces.

"We. Are. Good", Korra said.

Asami laughed. "Yeah. We told them who's in charge".

Korra smiled and sighed. Folding her arms, she looked out at the room.

"We really should be getting back in there".

"Yeah", Asami said, grinning. "The princess of honor can't miss her own ball".

Asami looked over at the people dancing.

Maybe she should.....

Asami looked at Korra who was also watching the dancing pairs as they waltzed around gracefully.

"Korra", she said.

Korra looked at her.

"Yeah??".

Asami smiled and held out her hand.

"Would you like to dance??".

Korra looked at the hand hesitantly.

"I don't know. I don't dance".

"Please??. I really want to dance with you. It'll be fun. We need something to brighten up tonight after all that happened. C'mon".

Korra sighed then smiled. She took her hand.

"Okay. I'll dance with you but you're leading. I'll probably mess up".

Asami smiled. "Then follow me, your highness".

Yeah. So let me know what you think. Hope this goes well hand in hand with the last chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.2K 1.5K 20
So this is about korrasami in high school they've been friends for a while and start falling in love but they don't know they like each other so Korr...
27.8K 621 10
Korra was involved in a horrid accident that left her paralyzed. Within that time, her world became a blur of anger and secret feelings for her best...
19.8K 497 12
Korra is in the process of healing after her battle with Zaheer. Asami decides to help Korra with her journey to find herself again. Little did they...
50.9K 1.9K 28
In an era of monsters and kingdoms, all Korra ever wanted was to be a respected knight. But there's only one problem- women aren't allowed to to be k...