The Bad Boy's Good Girl

By xXCrashingXx

"Hey, Camera Girl," I turn around to see Drew Steele, the 'leader' of the "Heart Breakers". Sure, he's attrac... More

1. "Hey, Camera Girl, You Forgot Something."
2. "Hey, Steele, Where's My Camera?"
3. "A Male Escort, Eh?"
4. "Hate's A Strong Word, Drew; I Just Don't Like Her."
5. "Your Boyfriend's 'Bestie' is Getting On My Nerves."
6. "Shut Up And Pose."
7. "Drunk? No, I Only Had ... Yeah, I'm Drunk."
8. "Look, Nothing's Wrong, I Don't Want 'Help'."
9. "...And We Don't Kill Another Bitch."
10. "They'll Hurt Me Anyway. To Hurt You."
11. "I Hate You."
12. "...Didn't Peg You as a Dubstep Girl, But, Hey, To Each Their Own."
13. "We've Found You."
14. "I Didn't Get Enough Sleep."
15. "So ... No Sex Then?"
16. "What ... is Divided By Zero?"
17. "Dylan Here Just Stabbed Me With a Pencil."
18. "Shut Your Mouth, You Don't Want Flies."
19. "I Want You. Happy?"
20. "Get Naked."
21. "Don't Delete It, You're Beautiful."
22. "It's Basically the Mafia ... No, Worse Than That."
23. "Why So Unsocial?"
24. "Well ... This Isn't The Restroom..."
25. "Do I Make You Nervous?"
26. "Don't Dry Hump On My Carpet."
Epilogue
Important! Please Read!
SEQUEL DETAILS

27. "I Better Get A Big Slice of Cake. A Big One."

181K 4.6K 1.7K
By xXCrashingXx

Can I be the first to say, thank you. Thank you to everyone who has left even a single comment and one vote, thank you to everyone who has taken their time to click on a simple-looking story proclaiming, The Bad Boy's Good Girl. Thank you to everyone who has stayed through weeks of not uploading, writer's block, and embarrassing author's note stories.

I love you all.

Before I start crying, on to this chapter...

<3

NOT EDITED

I follow the wind,

I'm up for a spin,

Feel perfect

In the arms I'm in.

And we're taking flight,

The whole world is right,

I hope we're in the air all night.

(Run Away - Megan & Liz)

"We're gonna do one mile," our coach says, earning a collective groan. "It's the day before Christmas break you wimps, now get to running."

I roll my eyes, tightening my pony tail before starting off at a steady jog. 

"Hi," Drew appears beside me quickly. I shoot him a quick smile before continuing my pace. "What's up?"

"Slowly dying," I shrug. He laughs, speeding up a bit on purpose. I glare at him, blowing a loose strand of hair out of my face.

"You'll be fine. Guess what tomorrow is, CG?" He doesn't let me answer, just throws his hands up. "Your eighteenth birthday!"

Excitement bubbles in my lower stomach. "I know," I dismiss modestly, blushing a bit. 

"Have anything planned?" Drew glances sideways at me. "You're gonna be legal." He sings the last word out slightly.

"I know," I huff. "And no, not really. Maybe just a small get-together. Nothing too big."

My calves begin to burn as we round the finish for our now-second lap. Wow. He distracts me so much I can hardly tell when we're finishing.

Could that be interpreted wrong?

Only you, Scott, I swear...

"Hm," he answers safely. I roll my eyes, speeding up a bit. Staring hard at my laces, I wait for him to say anything more.

A lot of people, it seemed, knew we were 'together' when we came back. I guess it's just in the air. Well, we're not ... together together. He hasn't asked me out, I've made no move to do the same. It's a bit awkward between us now, whenever we kiss. I'm betting on it being because of the two near-sex experiences we've had ... two!

But, somehow, the awkward vanishes and we're against a wall or something.

Yeah. We may or may not need to add to the near-sex list.

***

"Slow down, grab the wall, wiggle like you're try'na make your ass fall off," Noel pumps her fist up and down with one ear bud stuck into her ear, as she grins at me.

"Tell me that's not what you're actually listening to," I raise my eyebrows as I slam my locker shut, giving her the 'are you for real' look.

She laughs loudly. "No, but I have that on here," she shrugs, handing me one of her ear buds. I shift my hair to the side to listen to whatever she's rocking out to.

"I'm miss sugar pink, liquor liquor lips, hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss."

"Marina and the Diamonds," I muse, bumping my shoulder to hers as we make our way down the hall. It's nearly empty. "Not too shabby, best friend."

"Are you kidding me?" She asks incredulously, as the song finishes with a powerful note and a song by Breathe Carolina comes on. It's fast paced and very dance-worthy. I'm actually tempted to break-dance in the middle of the corridor.

But then I remember I suck at dancing and I will most likely break my ass.

"So what's your New Year's resolution gonna be?" She stops at her own locker at the song sings something about electronic fumes. 

"Depends, yours?" I honestly haven't given it that much thought. 

"Not to let you get almost-killed again," she half-jokes, looking into the mirror tacked onto the locker door to avoid meeting my eyes. The song hits a climax and I frown.

"That won't happen again," I try to reassure her.

She sighs. "You never know for sure, Dylan."

I look away. "I do," I whisper. "And it won't happen."

She sighs but says no more, as the music changes to a softer beat. Something I recommended for her to put in her iPod two years ago.

"Ships in the Night," I smile weakly. "It's been two bloody years, now this finally happens?"

She laughs half-heartedly. "He sings about violence, how could I resist?"

"Getting into fifth-grade fights isn't the highlight of the song," I smirk. "And to think, I wanted this at my wedding."

"Girl I'll be the one pulling off the white to be a bitch and doing back flips over the champagne to a Rihanna song." She teases.

"I'll be the one downing the champagne wondering what the hell I've signed up for," I say right back with no hesitation.

 She smirks a bit and hooks her arm through mine, and leads the way to her car.

***

 December thirteenth, eleven fifty-eight. At least, that's what the clock says.

Two minutes, Dylan.

I'm alone in my room. My mom is sleeping soundly for the first time in God knows how long. We the Kings is playing quietly from my speakers connected to my lap top. I bite my lip and glance at the clock.

11:59

Whoa, okay. 

 I nervously tap my fingers on my thighs, watching the seconds tick by slowly. My breath hitches as the countdown starts.

Ten...

Nine...

Eight...

Seven...

Six...

Five...

Four...

Three...

Two...

One.

"Holy shit, I'm eighteen."

I stand up and lope to the mirror. I give myself a big grin. There is absolutely no change - I look the same as I did when I was seventeen, just minutes ago. But now, I feel different. Sophisticated, mature. I pull a few silly faces, feeling as if I'm walking on air.

Lifting my arms up, I grab my camera from its spot on my shelf. It's been untouched for days ... I've no inspiration.

But now, I hastily set up my tri-pod and toss my hair into a messy bun. I change into a grey shirt and black skinny jeans, and sit cross-legged in front of my camera. 

Clicking the timer, I wait. Five seconds.

The flash goes off just as I lock my eyes into what would seem like I'm rolling them. It's been a while since I've done any self-portraits. But now, I'm already in self-heaven.

If that makes any sense.

Probably doesn't, Dylan.

I switch into a polka-dot dress and let my hair down to frame my face. Giving a wide grin at the camera, the shutter and flash go off again and I pull the camera off the tri-pod.

I feel around my desk for my USB and nearly pull my lap top clear off the desk. I carefully plug the USB into my lap top and camera and load up the pictures.

I merge them together, half of it me sitting down in typical clothing and my hair up looking like I'd rather be anywhere but here, the other half me in the dress grinning like I've won the lottery.

Or kissed Drew Steele.

Carefully, I type, I feel like me, for once.

Proud of my work, I shut down my lap top and peel off my dress, getting ready for bed.

Happy birthday to me, I guess.

***

 "I've got that summertime, summertime sadness!" I groan out when someone screams right beside me. Opening my eyes groggily, I make out Noel's wild blond hair as she shakes me slightly. "Wake up, girly."

I moan out instead, crushing my pillow to my face. "It's not even summer, you idiot."

"Wake up, Dylan!" Shelly and Wesley chorus. Who the hell is in my room?

"No!"

"C'mon, Camera Girl," a deep, husky voice murmurs right next to my ear. I tense, gulping slightly as butterflies swarm in my stomach.

"Shut up, Drew," I say back unsteadily. 

"She's being lazy," I faintly hear Drew complain. 

"Do something!"

"That would require you to leave the room." There's a slight teasing tone in his voice.

"Fine, whatever. I'll be outside. Come on, guys," my best friend leads whoever is in my room out. I hear the door click close. Oh, come on. Leaving me with this devil?

"I suggest you open your eyes, CG."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Can't I sleep in on my birthday?"

"Nope," he pops the 'p' and I roll my eyes. It's useless to do that because my eyes are shut anyway. "Besides, we've got a wicked day ahead of us. It's your choice as to whether or not we're doing it..."

I grimace. "You make it sound so dirty," I reluctantly pull the pillow from my face, scowling at him. He gives me a carefree smile and nudges me in the shoulder with his elbow.

"Maybe you're just a dirty-thinker," he suggests. I roll my eyes again.

"Shut up."

"Nah, I don't want to. You telling me to shut up is a horrible attempt because, honestly, your attempts are futile and that just won't work on me, Drew Steele-"

"You are so annoying sometimes."

"Besides, I actually happen to like you being all bossy and it sort of turns me on sometimes-"

"The fuck?" I gape.

He just continues. "And then usually we'd get interrupted which would eventually end into-"

I roll my eyes, placing a hand on his cheek to pull him forward and pull his mouth to mine. He grins against my lips, gripping my hips and pulling me closer to him.

You just woke up. You probably have really bad breath.

Fuck it. I kiss him deeply, before realising how tired I am and fall back onto my comforter.

"Leave me alone," I grumble. "I want to sleep."

He sighs, touching his lip slightly, glancing away. "I have no choice. Desperate measures, right?" He adds the last part sarcastically before glancing at me with a wide grin.

I roll my eyes for a third time. "You can either go away or join me. I'm tired."

Drew stands. I frown slightly. Okay, he's picking choice number one. I can deal with that ... sorta.

But, to my utter surprise, he doesn't leave the room. He makes a turn and goes to my chest of drawers. What...

Opening the middle one, he glances over my clothes before shutting it wordlessly and opening the top one. A wicked grin flits across his plump, reddened lips and he reaches in.

"Well, Camera Girl..." he smirks deviously as he holds up two pieces of fabric. My eyes follow along his toned arms, which are covered with a jacket, until they land on the articles of ... oh God.

In his hands are a lace bra and panties I'd gotten a year ago from Noel. She'd adored the lavender lace stitching ... and the fact that the bra is a push up, and the panties are nearly a thong, but not quite. My mouth falls open as he bites his lip, no doubt a naughty thought invading his mind.

"Don't!" I shriek, leaping out of the bed and jumping to get the lace set. He laughs, holding it up and out of my reach. "You little pervert!"

"Calm down," he's still chuckling at my red face. I pout, crossing my arms. "Is there any chance I could get you to wear this?"

"No, no way!" 

He sighs, feigning disappointment - or I think he's faking it - and puts them down. I snatch them away, holding the bra and underwear set to my chest. 

I point to the door with my free hand. "Out."

Drew pouts over-exaggeratedly. "Why so eager for me to leave?"

"Because I need to change," I scoff.

"I've seen your bare chest..."

"Shut up!" I hiss, shoving him out and slamming the door shut. He laughs loudly.

"Glad I got you awake, babe."

I bite my lip when the word 'babe' leaves his mouth but I scowl at the closed door and kick it for good measure. Then I strip out of the big shirt and sweat pants I've worn to bed and contemplate, staring hard at the bra and underwear set.

Maybe ... just to fuck with him ...

I'm grinning as I slip on the underwear for the first time, before pulling on thick leggings and a big, dark gray cable-knit seater. It's thick and fuzzy and bordering on itchy and I scrunch my nose in discomfort as I step into simple black ballet flats. Brushing back my dark hair, I pop a mint into my mouth and open my door.

 The hallway is empty. My mom's door opens and she steps out, looking radiant and beautiful and happy.

"Oh, baby," she whispers, and jumps forward, embracing me. I bite the inside of my cheek to keep from crying in happiness. "My little girl ... eighteen..."

"I know," I whimper, curling into her arms. I sniffle slightly as she strokes my hair.

"You need a haircut," she says absentmindedly. "Your father would be so proud of you. I love you so much, Dylan Elizabeth."

"I love you mom," I hold her tighter, breathing in her rose and detergent scent. 

She pulls back, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Go ... your friends are waiting. I'll give you your present when you get home, baby. Have fun."

I crack a small smile. "I will."

"You're all grown up," she muses in a whisper, glancing me over. "Wear a jacket ... you'll catch a cold."

I smile wider. Just like before my dad died. "Of course, mom."

***

"You did not tell Mickey Mouse off!" Oliver snickers at Wesley. The boys are considerably good friends, actually. 

"I did. He said I was too old for Disneyland." Wesley shrugs and Shelly grins at him, holding his hand under the table.

To my great surprise, everyone is having dinner. By everyone, I mean every single one of the 'Heartbreakers', all of my good friends. I've bonded with the little gang of players significantly.

Finn mixes his virgin margarita. He claims it's never too cold to have one. "The big one-eight. You're legal, Dylan."

The blond one, Rex, sips on his coke. "Totally legal. How does it feel, the freedom?"

I shrug, "Doesn't feel too different, actually. I can honestly say I feel seventeen."

Rex turns to Finn. "She's in denial."

Finn nods. "Denying the legality."

"Is that even a word?" I crease my brows, looking at them skeptically.

"Most likely, I think." Finn glances at Drew, who's talking to Oliver and Wesley. Noel and Shelly are discussing makeup tips, long abandoning their boyfriends. "What about Drew?"

"What about him?"

"It's no longer against the law for you two to have sex," Rex wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

Realisation hits me in the face. Whoa ... we could've broken the law. "Damn. I never thought of that."

Finn's eyes grow wide. "Did he freakin' break the law?"

I shake my head furiously, blushing and making Rex laugh. "No! I - I mean," I clear my throat awkwardly. "Is ... is kissing against the law?"

Rex rolls his eyes. "You are fucking daft." 

"It's not," Finn answers instead of bluntly calling me stupid like Rex. They've, like I've noticed, are a lot like Drew and Oliver. Best friends. "It's only intercourse, nothing else. No restrictions against kissing, and," with a quick glance to Oliver, "grinding, I hope."

I scowl at him. "Shut up."

Rex smirks. "You seem to think that telling someone to 'shut up' would work."

"Oh, quit it, blondie."

"Name calling isn't nice, Dylan."

"It is for me, blondie."

Finn elbows Rex in the ribs when he opens his mouth to say something. "It's her birthday, dude, be considerate."

Rex pouts. "I better get a big slice of cake. A big one."

"That's what she said," I blurt out.

Finn sighs. "Their sex is going to be so good."

Rex nods. "I agree. Almost makes me wish was Drew."

"Who'd want a small d-"

"Ew!" I clasp my hands over my ears, blocking out the rest of his sentence.

"You're such a seven-year-old."

"Why, thank you," I smile at Finn sweetly. 

"That wasn't a compliment."

"I'll take it, Finny boy."

***

Later that night, Drew brings me home. I invite him inside, and, quietly lead him upstairs to my bedroom as to not wake my mom.

Once we close and lock the door, I kiss him hard, pouring everything I feel into the one action. He eagerly kisses me back, though I can feel his curiosity burning. Slowly, I wind my arms around his neck and pull him closer. Our lips part and come together in a way that makes me breathe even more erratically than I already am.

He moans softly as my hands explore his clothed chest, and his press into my cheeks. I kiss him like he's air and I'm running low on oxygen.

An idea sparks, and I push him in the direction of my bed. He pulls back as soon as the back of his knees hit the bed. Frowning, he traces my cheek.

"Did you drink tonight?" He asks in a tense whisper.

"No," I pant, gripping the collar of his jacket. I struggle to push him back on the bed again and he lets me this time, falling on his back with me on top of him.

"Are you sure there was no alcohol involved with your system?" He cocks an eyebrow. He's teasing me know, for sure.

"Shut up," my mouth collides with his once again and he groans.

"You're making this really hard," he whispers, moonlight streaming through the window and splashing across his face, his high cheekbones, his defined jaw, not one trace of stubble on his chin ...

"I don't care," I mumble back. "I love you, I am absolutely sure I want this."

Drew kisses me gently, softly. Like I'm some porcelain doll. I sink into him, and he pulls back once more, kissing the corner of my mouth.

"I love you, too," he whispers. "My God, Dylan. Are you absolutely sure?"

"Yes, I am," I say firmly, pressing my fingers into his clothed chest. He takes that as a 'go' because he doesn't ask me once more.

Everything is slow and sure and he is never hesitant. He is gentle with me, and never pushes me past my limits. The world begins to shake as the moonlight mixes with stars, the stars mixing with the inky darkness as two worlds collide, shifting into one.

And when everything has stilled and the sun is peeking from the clouds, my head is on his chest and his fingers are pushing through my hair.

"Are you okay?" He breathes and I snuggle into his chest, his shirt warm on my skin.

"More than that," I manage to mumble. "L...love you."

His lips press to my hair and he inhales deeply. "I love you, too."

***

Waking up brings a lot of feelings. For one, I feel like a freaking trainwreck. My entire body is sore, worse than after hours upon hours of running. For another, once I realise the arm lazily slug around my hip, warmth rushes through me.

He's stayed.

I glance at the clock. It's already past noon ... I wonder why my mother nor my best friend has broke that door down.

It's best to not jinx it.

Gulping, I turn around to face a sleeping Drew. His skin is pale and smooth and beautiful, and his lips are parted slightly.

"It's a bit stalkerish to stare at people when they're sleeping," he comments in a husky, sleepy tone. I blush, grinning to myself.

"I guess," I lift one shoulder in a half-hearted shrug. Leaning down, I press my face into his chest, breathing in his musky, strong scent. Mm. He smells good. "Best birthday ever."

He tenses suddenly. "Shit. I need to give you something."

I frown into his chest. "I already have you, stupid."

"No, seriously," he nudges my shoulder slightly. "I already have it."

"Okay then. I'm not getting out of bed for the next seven years, so shoot."

"Lazy ass," he pushes me clear off the bed. I gasp hard as I hit the hardwood floor.

"You butt!" I groan, trying to situate myself off the floor. I growl out when I pull my muscle too hard and my thigh aches slightly. "Ow ... I hurt."

"Yeah, you got quite the work out last night." I roll my eyes, standing and pulling his shirt off my body. Once it falls to the floor, I turn to see his mouth clear open. I laugh, throwing my head back.

"Stop staring, it's not like you haven't seen it." Have I been drinking? Honestly if this was twenty-four hours ago I'd be blushing and hitting for him to get out of my room. But nope, I walk around in my birthday suit like no one's here.

Drew clenches his jaw, standing and pulling on his pants. I'm grateful he wore his boxers to bed. It would've been awkward if he hadn't. I hand him his shirt quickly, pulling on a new set of underwear.

"The lace was a nice touch," he teases, buttoning up his jeans. I blush heavily, turning away. Dylan you fucking whore, you were so eager to get those jeans off of him last night. 

"Thanks," I mumble, pulling on a long-sleeve thermal shirt and light wash skinny jeans. I grunt as my aching muscles protest to me moving. 

Suddenly he's behind me, pulling my back to his chest. My shoulder blades slam into his defined chest and his arms wrap around my waist. All coherent thought flies out the window.

"I love you," he breathes into my hair, and I lean into him. Skimming my hands up his arms, I hold his hands in mine.

"I love you, too."

***

"Drew if you're taking me out here to kill me..." Threat leaks into my voice as Drew chuckles from behind me. His hands are over my eyes, and we're climbing through God knows what. But judging by the leaves and brambles I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say we're in a forest.

He nonchalantly pokes my cheek. "You always think I'm come kind of murderer. Watch your step here..."

I take several Hulk-steps and he bursts out laughing. "Quit laughing at me!"

"Sorry, she-Hulk. I'd carry you but then you'd be able to see." One hand goes to my mouth, pressing to my lips.

I scowl behind his hands. "I'm gonna lick you."

"That doesn't sound too bad," his hip bumps into my rear and I squeak.

"Pervert!" Driving my elbow backwards, I hit nothing. Not like I'm supposed to - this boy is a freaking ninja.

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger," he defends slightly.

"You're not Eminem, you can't just say that," I speak sourly. But my cheeks burn still at his comment at me 'licking' him.

This boy's sex drive, I swear to God.

"You don't know that," he says without hesitation.

"Oh, shut-"

"Sh, woman. We're here," he suddenly pushes me forward slightly, and releases my face. I blink for a few moments at the bright light suddenly attacking my eyes, but then I freeze.

Oh my God.

My jaw is nearly on my shoes as I glance around. "What?" I gasp.

It's his meadow. No, our meadow. Lights are strung everywhere and the sky beyond the cliff is a light purple, nearly black. There is a picnic set up, a simple blanket and a cliche basket sitting on it. I can almost feel tears leak into my eyes. This is something a normal couple would do, not get chased by a gang of some drug cartels. My heart beats faster.

Turning around, Drew is leaning against a tree, a beautiful smile etched into his equally gorgeous features, though he looks uncertain as if I'd like it or not. Licking my suddenly dry lips, I lurch forward and wrap my arms around his waist. He's taken aback by the sudden movement, but hugs me back.

Pulling my head away from his chest, I press my hand to his cheek and kiss him. I kiss him like the world is going to end, like the sky is falling. Lightly brushing against his cheek with feather-like touches, I pull away.

"Drew, this is ... oh my God, Drew, this is perfect," I whisper. "I love you, I love you, I love you," I say this over and over and I mean it. I'm terribly in love with Drew Steele and there's not a damn thing anyone could do about it.

"I love you too, Camera Girl."

And as we sit on the blanket, covered by a canopy of stars, I know this is it for me. I love Drew Steele, he's my anchor, I'm his haven. We both carry baggage but we can work through that. And, as his eyes begin to drift close with his head in my lap, his lips part to say one thing more.

"Camera Girl?"

"Mm?"

"I love you."

I smile slightly as a single tear falls, down my cheek and off my chin. "I love you, too."

The End.

A/N:

There are no words I can say to justify how happy I am. I love each and every one of you, so much. But this book is ended, and I can't do anything to help that. Hopefully, when my next book comes out, you all can take a look? 

Sequel? No, unfortunately.

Spin-offs? Probably not, I don't think I can recreate the characters. But if I do happen to make one, I'll let you know.

 The epilogue will be out soon, hooray? Well yeah. 

Thanks to everyone who's read, voted, and commented on this book. I wish you all the best until the epilogue and my next story <3

Until next time,

~Jayy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.3K 971 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...
32 0 11
Marshall goes by Charlie most of the time. He's unlucky that trouble is naturally drawn to him. Gang leaders and superstars arent good company to kee...
7K 375 24
After a traffic accident more than six months ago, Josh's life was starting to finally get back on track, despite losing some of his memories. He got...
106K 1.8K 26
"You dropped this." I heard a husky voice say. I turned around to look at what I dropped and realized it was my schedule. I gasped. Damn, I would hav...