Reminiscent (Harry Styles)

By liliampayne

What happens when you meet someone that acts as the lighter fluid to your flame? Do you welcome it or avoid i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
NOTICE UPDATED** 1/24/14

Chapter 21

104 3 0
By liliampayne

Lily's POV

When I get home my parents are both asleep, my mom left a note:

Called the movie theatre, you didn't go! Disappointed you lied Lilian, you're grounded for two weeks.

I sigh and crumble up the note, tossing it in my trash. I felt bad that I lied to my mom but I didn't want to tell her, oh hey mom going to a party with alcohol and drugs, but don't worry! I'm not going to do any I'm just there to be Sober Sally.

She would have laughed in my face and told me to stay my ass home.

I quickly change into a large shirt and sweats, washing the make up off my face and brushing my teeth. I hear my phone buzzing and I walk over to answer it.

"Hello?" I say as I wiped my face.

"Lily?" A voice says.

"Yeah?" I say as I looked at the caller ID. It was Harry.

Fuck fuck fuck.

"Oh" he says, "nothing" he replies quickly.

"Um.. Okay?" I say quietly, "did you.. need something?" I ask.

Why was he calling me again? Was he done hanging out with that girl and wanted to mess with me now? 

"No.. I just.. Wanted to make sure you're home..."

"I am......" I say glumly, why was he being so weird. "I'm going to bed, night Harry" I say as I hung up the phone before he could reply.

I place it on my nightstand, quickly closing my eyes. I was exhausted and annoyed, I wanted this night to be over with.

...

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, I reach around my nightstand and quickly answer.

"Hello?" I mumble.

"Hey, good morning" Tyler says, "how are you?"

"Morning, I'm tired" I yawn, "I just woke up" I laugh weakily.

I ask him about his day and whatnot, football season was going good for him and he tells me about colleges that were scouting him. I was happy for him, I didn't really have much going on for myself other than my academics but everyone in my class had higher than a 4.0.

He tells me that he wants to come over next weekend, I debate with myself for a few minutes if it was a good idea. We settle on him just coming over for a few hours, we were on a break and couldn't allow what happened last week to happen again. 

He tells me that he wants to talk about some things, my chest starting to tighten up. The words, I want to talk, could make anyone nervous in an instant.

We hang up the phone and I groan as I slowly got out of bed, it was so early. I wash my face and brush my teeth then headed downstairs.

"Good morning" I say as I join my parents in the kitchen, they were both drinking tea or coffee while using their phones.

"Morning dear" my dad says as he sets down his phone, "how was the movie theatre's?"

My mom coughs as she takes a sip from her cup then narrows her eyes on me.

"Good" I lie, I pour myself a cup and take a seat at the table.

This was awkward, I didn't really spend much time with my parents. They were always too busy and never had enough time. My mom and I went shopping whenever we got the chance but me and my dad had nothing in common.

I listening to them talk about business and the future plans they have for me when I go to college. They set up a trust fund and a list of obligations I had to follow if I wanted to keep it, it was going to become active when I was 18.

I didn't like the idea at all but I agreed because they weren't going to back out of this negotiation with a no from me. My dad gets called in for a meeting, he kisses me mom goodbye, waves to me as he quickly leaves our house.

"So what do you want to do today?" My mom teases, "oh wait I've grounded you!"

I roll my eyes as I take another sip of my coffee, I didn't really care much for being grounded. My parents weren't home until 8pm so if I wanted to go out until maybe 7 I could without them even noticing.

"Are you sure you don't want to do anything with your only daughter?" I tease back, "there's a few sales going on today, especially at Tory Burch" I grin.

Her eyes widen and she tells me to get ready without a word after. I giggle to myself as I pace up the stairs and get dressed.

....

"What did you do last night anyways?" My mom asks as we walk inside Tory Burch, she picks up a bag but sets it down when she realizes it's out of season.

"Went to hang out with some friends instead of the movies" I say quietly as I pick up a wallet, staring at it.

"Mhm" my mom says, "did you go to a wild rager?" 

I stare at her in confusion and she waits for my response, I shrug my shoulders and she laughs.

"I never thought in a million years you'd be going to some parties" she smiles, "my little girl is growing up and getting wild" she teases.

"Oh my god mom you have go to stop acting like a teenager" I whine as I follow her around the store.

"Can't help it darling" she smiles as she picks up a matching wallet and purse, "did you want anything?" She asks as she looks around.

"No" I say quietly.

All I wanted was for Harry to maybe admit more of his feelings towards me, or to at least acknowledge me more than he did a few nights ago.

But obviously you couldn't put a price tag on that.

...

Harry's POV

"So why exactly did you make her jealous?" Gemma asks as we take a seat in the small diner.

"I don't know" I groan, I was a fucking idiot.

Here I was giving her grief over petty high school shit and I completely contradicted myself and did it to her.

"You're stupid" Gemma smiles as the waitress hands us our menus, "I want an eggs benedict" she says as she sets the menu back down. "Do you know what you want?" She asks.

For Lily to be with me.

"No.." I say as I look at the menu.

...

Lily's POV

When we get home the sun was already starting to set, I needed to catch up on some homework so I won't be stuck procrastinating until midnight. I grab my notebooks out my backpack and look over the philosophy homework, it made my brain hurt. I skip over and do some math problems, AP Government and English.

These classes better pay off as soon as I get to college.

....

My phone rings and I look at the screen, it was Danielle.

"Hello!" I chime.

"Hi! What are you doing?" She asks, "are you free tonight?"

I bite my lip and tell her my mom grounded me for two weeks because I lied to her. 

"What? Your mom did?" She exclaims, "we were gonna go to the movies or something and wanted to know if you would come."

This was mildy ironic, especially since I lied to my mom last night and said that was where I was going.

"Who is we?" I ask.

I automatically thought about Harry wondering, but then again he obviously doesn't care about me as much as he claims since last night I was a girl he's never met before.

"Uhh like me, Perrie, Zayn and Liam? Maybe Harry I don't really know. He was really pissy last night at the party."

"What do you mean he was pissy?" I ask.

I shouldn't be so curious about Harry but he did call me, asking if I go home safely.. He cared in a weird way that I wish was more.

"I think after you left he got into a fight with some guys, he was just short tempered.. I don't really know what happened but Louis brought me and Perrie home, Zayn and Liam had to break it up."

"Why was he pissy?" I was asking too many questions.

"I don't know Lily" she laughs weakly, "but anyways, I wish you could come or something!" She whines, "can't you at least ask her if you could?"

I sigh and tell her I will. I finish up my homework and walk over to my mom's bedroom, she was sketching new designs for a fashion designer. I take a seat beside her and watch her sketch small lines and fill them in with markers.

"May I help you Lilian?" My mom asks as she sets her glasses down.

"Ummm.." I say quietly, "I was wondering if-"

"No" she quickly snaps, "you lied, you shouldn't have now you're being punished."

"But-"

"No buts" she snaps again, "Lilian Noel Rosewell you know better than to lie to me!" She sighs.

"Please" I whine, "I just did all my homework and my brain is dead and would like to go out, get some fresh air and have legitimae fun."

"We were shopping all day!" 

I shake my head, she was shopping all day. I was literally carrying her bags the entire time. I beg her repeatedly and she finally gives in. I hug her tight and kiss her on the cheek as I run back into my room and change into different clothes.

My phone rings and Danielle was calling again, I tell her I can go and she tells me they'll be picking me up soon, I tidy up my room and wait downstairs.

My mom comes downstairs and she looks around then goes into the kitchen, making herself some tea. I wonder when my dad was going to be back from his business meeting.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and Danielle texts me that they're outside.

"I'm leaving mom!" I say as I walk towards the front door.

"Okay!" She yells from the kitchen.

When I get outside I spot the familiar black Range Rover, fuck. I slowly walk towards it and the front door opens, my jaw dropping when I spot Harry sitting in the drivers seat.

"Let's go let's go the movie starts soon!" Perrie exclaims.

I sigh as I quickly hop in the front seat, buckling in my seatbelt. He drives off and quickly gets onto the freeway.

There was awkward tension, for me at least. I was still mad at Harry and I wasn't sure where the girl he was with went. I ignored everyone else's conversation, paying attention to my phone to avoid eye contact with Harry.

When we get to the movie theatres we all look at the current showings, there was a large debacle on what to watch, Harry Potter or Twilight. We settle on watching something random, We're the Millers.

Liam and Zayn paid for their girlfriends tickets, I waited in line after them then moved up to the kiosk to pay.

"Two for We're the Millers" Harry quickly says as he cuts in front of me.

He hands her a $50 bill and she gives him his change and the two tickets. He looks over at me and hands me the other one, I roll my eyes and go back to the kiosk. He grabs my arm and pulls me back towards him.

"I already got you a ticket" he says as he holds it up.

"I don't care" I scoff as I remove his hand off my arm, "I deserve a better ticket" I reply bitterly.

He bites his lip and sighs, shoving the ticket in his pockets and running his fingers through his hair. Everyone calls us over because the movie was starting, I sigh and Harry smiles while handing me the ticket, following me inside.

When we get inside the dark room I was forced to sit with Harry, of course. I shouldn't have tagged along at all, this was a bad idea. His knee rubs against mine as he stretches his legs out, I nudge myself away and he notices, quickly placing his hand on my knee.

I swat his hand away and cross my legs and arms, this was what tonight was going to consist of.

...

Harry's POV

"Do you wanna go to the movies with us mate?" Liam asks as he gets off the phone.

There was a possibility that Lily was going to go and I wanted to fucking see her. I was a fucking idiot last night and I wanted to apologize if I hurted her feelings.

"Sure" I say flatly.

My knuckles were covered in scabs from fighting last night, I re-bandage them up and we get into my car, picking up their girlfriends then lastly picking up Lily. Liam's girl calls her and she quickly comes outside, freezing when she sees my car in her driveway.

I open the door and her jaw drops.

"Let's go let's go the movie starts soon!" Perrie exclaims.

She sighs as she gets in the passenger seat, I wait for her to buckle her seatbelt then drive off. She stays on her phone the entire time, she was obviously trying to avoid eye contact and was upset with me.

I couldn't blame her though.

When we get to the movie theatres she waits in line in front of me, crossing her arms and shaking her leg impatiently. All the guys were paying for their girlfriends and Lily moves up to pay.

I couldn't fucking let her pay, she doesn't even look like she wants to be here anymore.

"Two for We're the Millers" I say as I quickly cut in front of her.

I hand the lady or whoever the fuck she is a $50 bill and she gives me my change and the two tickets. I look over at Lily and I hand her the ticket, she rolls her eyes and walks back to pay. I grab her arm and pull her towards me.

"I already got you a ticket" I say as I hold it up.

"I don't care" she scoff as she remove my hand off her arm, "I deserve a better ticket" she snaps.

I bite my lip and sigh, shoving the ticket in my pockets and running my fingers through my hair.  She just fucking used what I said against me, I fucking deserved that. Everyone calls us over because the movie was starting, she sighs and holds her hand out for the ticket. The line was longer and she wasn't going to be able to make it on time, I hand her the ticket and follow her inside.

I was hoping to sit by her, I could tell she was annoyed when I did. I stretch my legs out and she quickly moves away when my knee barely rubs against hers, I place my hand on her knee and she swats it away.

God she was going to act like this all night wasn't she?

Lily's POV

Midway through the movie the guys get up to buy some snacks from the concession stand.

"Do you want anything?" Harry whispers to me.

I shake my head and he places his thumb on my chin and makes me look at him.

"Do you want anything?" He repeats himself, I watched as his lip ring moved while he talked. "Nachos? Popcorn? Soda?" He says.

His stupid green eyes, his stupid lip piercing, his stupid tattoos and curly hair. All these things that made me find him more and more attractive. I couldn't even look at him without blushing.

"Nachos I guess" I say quietly, "we could share a soda or something i won't finish it."

Why did I say that? He smiles and quickly gets up, chasing atter Zayn and Liam as they walked out the dark theatre.

...

When the movies over we get back in Harry's car, he drops off everyone and of course I'm the last one. I looked out the window as he drove back, annoyed with this entire situation.

I was still mad at him for pretending to never have met me before in his life, especially when two weeks ago we were making out and almost getting farther than that. I hated it, this awkward tension I felt. I wish he didn't pretend to not know me or wrap his arms around that girl and kiss her in front of me.

I mean sure he didn't kiss her on the lips or anything but how does that make it okay? But then again Harry never said he liked me, I just assumed he did but how much he cared. Or did he even care?

Tyler kissed other girls on the cheek too but I forgave him.. But if I forgave him shouldn't I be able to forgive Harry? Especially with him never have been my boyfriend and being on a break with me?

I was thinking this situation too much and it was starting to make my brain hurt.

"You still mad at me?" Harry asks, breaking the silence, I shake my head, I didn't want to be like oh yeah I'm pissed at you, you fucktard. "I can tell you are, I know you better than anyone."

If he knew me better than anyone why did he pretend he didn't know me at all last night. I keep my silence and ignore him, he laughs to himself and makes turns and turns, he wasn't taking me home.

He parks his car in the dark forest, again like he did last month before homecoming. I groan in frustration when he turns off the engine and turns to look at me.

"Take me home Harry" I snap.

(Please vote if you liked this chapter! I just like to see whose reading and likes it or not x)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151 0 19
A sequel to "Mystery?" This book takes place a year after the break up. They are both in different relationships. Mariana is dating her co...
80 0 25
Harry and the rest of his friends return to Hogwarts for the seventh and final year. After everything he has been through, after all of the fighting...
5.9K 406 3
[COMPLETE] "what's one supposed to do when one burns for the other" oneshot in three parts Come fall in love with their love story... an enemies to l...
Candles By e

Fanfiction

276K 12.7K 61
[C O M P L E T E D ✓] They were curious. They both had their own share of secrets. He was a man living in the present. She was a woman living in...