Chapter 21

Lily's POV

When I get home my parents are both asleep, my mom left a note:

Called the movie theatre, you didn't go! Disappointed you lied Lilian, you're grounded for two weeks.

I sigh and crumble up the note, tossing it in my trash. I felt bad that I lied to my mom but I didn't want to tell her, oh hey mom going to a party with alcohol and drugs, but don't worry! I'm not going to do any I'm just there to be Sober Sally.

She would have laughed in my face and told me to stay my ass home.

I quickly change into a large shirt and sweats, washing the make up off my face and brushing my teeth. I hear my phone buzzing and I walk over to answer it.

"Hello?" I say as I wiped my face.

"Lily?" A voice says.

"Yeah?" I say as I looked at the caller ID. It was Harry.

Fuck fuck fuck.

"Oh" he says, "nothing" he replies quickly.

"Um.. Okay?" I say quietly, "did you.. need something?" I ask.

Why was he calling me again? Was he done hanging out with that girl and wanted to mess with me now? 

"No.. I just.. Wanted to make sure you're home..."

"I am......" I say glumly, why was he being so weird. "I'm going to bed, night Harry" I say as I hung up the phone before he could reply.

I place it on my nightstand, quickly closing my eyes. I was exhausted and annoyed, I wanted this night to be over with.

...

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, I reach around my nightstand and quickly answer.

"Hello?" I mumble.

"Hey, good morning" Tyler says, "how are you?"

"Morning, I'm tired" I yawn, "I just woke up" I laugh weakily.

I ask him about his day and whatnot, football season was going good for him and he tells me about colleges that were scouting him. I was happy for him, I didn't really have much going on for myself other than my academics but everyone in my class had higher than a 4.0.

He tells me that he wants to come over next weekend, I debate with myself for a few minutes if it was a good idea. We settle on him just coming over for a few hours, we were on a break and couldn't allow what happened last week to happen again. 

He tells me that he wants to talk about some things, my chest starting to tighten up. The words, I want to talk, could make anyone nervous in an instant.

We hang up the phone and I groan as I slowly got out of bed, it was so early. I wash my face and brush my teeth then headed downstairs.

"Good morning" I say as I join my parents in the kitchen, they were both drinking tea or coffee while using their phones.

"Morning dear" my dad says as he sets down his phone, "how was the movie theatre's?"

My mom coughs as she takes a sip from her cup then narrows her eyes on me.

"Good" I lie, I pour myself a cup and take a seat at the table.

This was awkward, I didn't really spend much time with my parents. They were always too busy and never had enough time. My mom and I went shopping whenever we got the chance but me and my dad had nothing in common.

I listening to them talk about business and the future plans they have for me when I go to college. They set up a trust fund and a list of obligations I had to follow if I wanted to keep it, it was going to become active when I was 18.