Royal Claims (Royals #1)

By booklovertash

"Do you ever get the feeling where you want to scream and rip out all your hair, where you want to crawl into... More

Authors Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Notes
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Authors notes
Chapter 10 part 1
Chapter 10 part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Bonus Chapter
Sequel
Sequel is Up

Chapter 27

2.7K 137 2
By booklovertash

Chapter 27

I know I am meant to move but my legs are stuck in place. My heart is racing a thousand miles an hour and I feel like I am going to be sick. People start to whisper, when Travis touches my arm. I look at him to see him nodding his head to dad waiting up on stage. I look to my father who has a reassuring smile on his face. I look to the exit and I am so tempted to just runaway. I take a huge deep breath and straighten up my posture. I know I should be smiling as I walk to the stage but I am just too damn scared to smile.

I pick up my dress as I walk up the stairs and kneel before my father. He waves a hand over and on a red pillow is my crown.

“Nikki Jade Cordelia Stark, do you accept the Role as my successor and the responsibilities that come with the role.” I look to my father who has his king mask on. I shallow the huge ball in my throat

“I do.” My voice rings around the whole room which surprises me a lot.

“Do you accept that when my time comes that you will take my place as Queen, look over and rule our people.”

“I do.” My father smiles at me as he pick up the delicate silver crown.

“Then from now until my death you will be known as Princess Nikki Jade Cordelia Stark, successor of King Vladimir Stark.” He places the crown on my head and holds out his hand to me. I take his hand and get up on very shaky legs. My father turns me to our people and I take a deep breath. I look out to see some people grinning and other people look shocked. I search for Vixen and Cole to see Vixen grinning but Cole looks like he is lost in thought. I find Travis and Drake ready to burst with pride. I take another deep breath as I say my part. Please don’t forget it Nikki.

“I Nikki Jade Cordelia Stark, take the role as King Vladimir Stark’s successor until his death. I promise to uphold our laws a traditions with the highest regard.” My father leads me to my seat next to his and I take a seat and let out a huge breath as everyone starts clapping and cheering.

“Well done Nikki. I thought you were going to do a runner.” I smile as dad whispers in my ear.

“So did I dad. I almost did.” I look out to see everyone starts dancing with the music that started. It’s not traditional music but a fast upbeat. “How long do I sit here.” I ask as I can see Vixen waving me over.

“You can go.” I get off my seat and kiss Mum and Dad before I go to see Vixen. As walk past people they all stop and bow and I inwardly groan. I walk to Vixen who is jumping up and down.

“Princess.” She bows and I laugh.

“Don’t be stupid Vixen.” She laughs a hugs me.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were, your father’s successor?” She pouts and I sigh.

“I promised the king and council. So my lips were sealed.” She looks me up and down and has a huge grin.

“The crown suits you.” I reach up my hand and take off the stupid thing off.

“Yeah well, you want it?” I pass it to her and she almost faints. I laugh and put it back on my head.

“Don’t do that Nikki.” I laugh and look for Cole to see he is not with us.

“You know where Cole went?” I look around again but I cannot find him.

“I think he went outside for a smoke.” She shakes her head. She has never been a fan of Cole smoking.

“Well you want to come or not.” Vixen shakes her head and I start to walk outside. I am stopped by heaps of vampires on the way who are coagulating me, also telling me how young I am and how it should if been my brother in a very discreet way. By the time I get outside I am glad to be away from everyone watching me.

The night air is cool and I wish I bought a jacket to wear. I find Cole standing in the middle of the grass looking at the sky, smoking, which I learnt he does when stressed or not happy. I guess it’s his way of dealing with bloodlust.

“Hey.” I say as I come close to him. He puts of his smoke and faces me with his hands in his pockets. He has undid this jacket. It should be illegal for Cole to wear a three piece suit.

“Princess.” He bows like everyone else and I roll my eyes.

“Are you seriously going to do that every time you see me?” He grins and I know that he will. I rub my arms again wishing at this point in time I was a werewolf. They are always hot.

“Here you must be cold.” He take off his jacket and drapes it around my shoulders.

“Thankyou.” The jacket is warm and smells like Cole.

“So your princess.” His lips twitch into a smile as I take off the crown.

“Yeah well, I didn’t really have much choice after Travis declined the offer.” I look at the crown and place it back on my head.

“You know this changes everything.” I close my eyes. This is what I wish wouldn’t happen.

“Why does anything need to change Cole? I am still the same person. The same old boring Nikki who is very shy and would rather hide then talk to people.” I step closer to him and place my hands on his chest. Cole grabs my hands and kisses them.

“You are going to be Queen one day Nikki, of course things are going to change.” I feel tears behind my eyes because I know where this is going and what will come next.

“Cole nothing is going to change. I love you and what I feel for you is not going to change.” I step closer to him but he take a step back so my hands fall to my sides. I can feel my heart breaking.

“I am sorry Nikki. But I can’t do it. I am sorry.’ He starts to walk away and he is taking my heart with him.

“Wait!” I drop his jacket and run up to him and kiss him with everything I got. When he kisses me back I know he is telling me goodbye. Tears are coming down my face when he pulls away.

“I am sorry Nikki.” He walks away without another glance back. I cannot take in anymore and I fall onto the floor crying as Cole takes my heart away. A terrible cold racks through my body that leaves me shivering. Tears and coming down my face and I know that my make-up is ruined. My throat is sore and my eyes are burning but at least I know I can still feel.

 I don’t know how long I sit outside before someone is running up to me. They have taken off there jacket and put it around my shoulders. Everything around me is silent as the person is shaking me. I look and I can see for the first time that Caleb is in front of me.

“Nikki what happened?” My voice breaks and I start to cry like I have never cried before.

“He left, he left all because of this.” I take the crown and throw it. I can tell Caleb has no idea what to do with me so he grabs the crown drops it in front of me and goes back inside. Soon Dad is helping me up and taking me inside. He takes me up to my room. He wraps me in his arms and my legs will no longer hold themselves.

“He left me dad. He just left.” It feels like someone has grabbed a hold of my heart and squeezed it.

“Oh Nikki.” He squeezes me tight and lets me cry even though there are thousands of people downstairs waiting to see me. “Nikki look at me.” I look up at Dad through my tears. “I know you are hurting. Your mother did the same to me but we need to get you fixed up and downstairs.” I nod and I know that tonight is important and I can cry later. I nod my head even though it aches like crazy.

“Ok.” Someone comes in and is wiping my eyes and fixing me up.

‘”Nikki lock it away and when this night is done let it all out. You need to smile and forget it.” He hugs me again and puts my crown back on. He kisses my forehead and takes my hand. I take a few deep breaths as we head back to the party.

Like dad said lots of people wanted to talk to me. I had to put on a smile and pretended I was happy when I was not. Travis knew something was wrong but Dad stayed with me the whole time keeping me very close.  I think he knew if he walked away I would break.

 When the party started to wind down Dad said I was allowed to leave. The moment I hit my room the dame inside me broke. Travis came in and just held me. He did have to ask any questions as he knew. I think everyone knew this would happen but no one told me.  I ended up crying myself to sleep with Travis holding me.

When I wake in the morning my eyes burned and I knew I looked horrible. I am still in my dress and Travis is still in his suit. I didn’t want to go to school but if I stayed home all I would do is think. I took off my dress and took a very long shower and dressed in nothing special.  I woke up Travis and he said he was staying home. At breakfast everyone standing stood up when I walked in and only sat when I did. Turned out I was the only one crazy enough to go to school so Dad said he would take me.

“How are you feeling Nikki?” He ask once we are in the car.

“I hurt, I hurt a lot but what can I do. He left because of this so I am hurt that he left and hurt that because of becoming your successor that I have lost the boy I love.” I sigh and wipe the few tears coming out my eyes.

“I remember I just been announced successor and your mother left me. I was just gone but I had to pretend to be fine and after. Of course I was a lot older then you but it still hurt.” We arrive at school and we sit for a bit.

“I better go dad.” I open up the door and everyone looks at me.

“Are you sure Nikki?” I nod my head a grab my bag. As I walk to my locker all the vampires my age look at me like I am dirt while the older vampires show me respect. I grab my books wishing that I did stay home.

“Nikki you came!” I smile when I see Vixen.

“Hey Vix’.” We walk to class and she doesn’t say anything about Cole.

“So if you want to talk, I am here.”

“I know but there is not much to say. I became successor and he left that’s all.”  I shrug and walk into class where everyone stops and looks at me. Great just what I want.

“So Nikki, how did you become successor?” Dad told me just to ignore these people but it’s hard.

“Why didn’t your brother become prince? I mean he will be a much better leader then you.” They keep going on until our teacher comes in.

“It’s nice to see the class here after last night and congratulations Nikki.” I sink deeper into my chair wishing to hide. “But it was a shock when your father called your name. I mean you are only 16 but your brother is so much more mature then you. Your father must be a fool to pick shy and hopeless Nikki.” The class laughs at the teacher. Gotta love fairies and the non-filter they have in their brains. Classes were horrible everyone mocked me and it really didn’t help. At lunch I was glad to find Vixen where we sat outside and I cried.

“If it helps, I saw Cole today he looked just as bad as you do.” I wipe my eyes and look at Vixen.

“I don’t want to talk about Cole. I told him I loved him and he just took my heart and walked all over it. I told you he only wanted to sleep with me.” I hug myself as I realise that this was a game to him. Sleep with Nikki as make her feel shallow.

“I don’t think that’s what he was doing…”

“Don’t make excuses for him, please don’t. Just drop it.” She doesn’t bring it up again and she talks about Caleb who she really thought was cute. The next two class I have are art and bloodlust and I know I will have to see Cole. When I get to art I lose myself in the painting that class I over before I know it.

When I reach my bloodlust I really don’t want to go in because I don’t know if the vampires are going to be fine with me or get really weird. I take a breath and walk in. The first thing I do is scan the room for Cole but he is not here yet.

“Nikki nice to see you. I assume your brother is at home.” I nod to my teacher and take a seat.

“Nikki I didn’t get to see you yesterday but first congrats and second you looked amazing yesterday.” I smile at liz. I feel Cole before I see him. I look up from my book to see he just walked into the classroom. He look horrible. His eyes are blood shot and has huge bags under his eyes. He also looks sad. As if he can see me watching him I look away willing myself not to cry. He walks straight past me and takes a seat in the back.

During class I do start to cry but I wipe my eyes before anyone notices and starts asking questions.  When the lesson is done Cole is first out the class and I follow behind. Dad picks me up from school and takes me out to get hot chocolate where we just talk. He tells me that in time Cole will come back but I highly doubt that.

******

So I am going to say one thing

Please don't Kill me!!!!

Remember to

>Vote

>Comment

>Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

435K 13.1K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...
899K 36.1K 48
I'm Kiera Calloway and I'm a witch. No, seriously. I am. The day of my Awakening, the High Priestess of my Clan (Daughters of the Moon), names me t...
238 77 36
Kelvin was hunted by scary nightmares throughout his whole life but what could be scarier than to discover that the nightmares are actually his reali...
460 65 42
Highest ranks Ive had: #2 in mistory #173 in loss #251 in powers #724 in tricks #792 in Fae "Not all things lost are really gone. Never lose hope Ra...