The Princess and The Servant

By Airtempleavatar

Asami is a princess. Not an average princess. She is the princess of Encanta, a magical realm. She has everyt... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
AN
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A/N

Chapter 20

12.9K 361 146
By Airtempleavatar

Enjoy :)

Asami slid the golden pin into place in her hair. Picking up the hairbrush, she brushed the hair down. She stated at her reflection the whole time.

Today was the ball. Asami was slightly nervous. She was rushing to get ready. Last time she went to a ball with Korra, Korra got kidnapped. This time would be different. She'd keep a close eye on Korra tonight. The king had put extra security at around the castle, especially in the ballroom.

Korra was going to be watched. If not by Asami or their friends, then by the king and queen themselves or guards.

Asami took a step back. She looked at her outfit. She wore a knee lengthed, short sleeved dress and white pants with black boots. Asami had her sword at the ready.

She didn't care about looking like a proper princess today. She only cared about keeping Korra safe at the ball. Of course she'd try to have fun with her friends and Korra and all but Korra came first.

Asami sprayed some perfume. She put the bottle down and looked in the mirror. She made sure her makeup was perfect and then walked out the door.

Asami stopped at the doorway when she saw King Tonraq standing there. He smiled.

"I'm here to escort you", he said. "Korra requested you not walk alone to the ball. She wanted you to have some company".

Asami smiled. "She did??".

The king nodded.

"She's very protective of you, you know".

"I know", Asami said.

"We'll meet her, her mother and your parents before we all go into the ballroom. Shall we??".

He held out his arm. Asami giggled. She linked their arms.

"Let's".

The two walked down the hall. It was quiet the first few minutes.

"You really seem to be protective of my daughter as well", King Tonraq said.

Asami looked at him.

"Why yes. I am".

"Is that why you have your sword??", he asked.

Asami looked down at her sword then back at the king.

"Yes, your Majesty. I won't let what happened last time happen again. I know you feel the same way".

"I do", the man said. "If I lost Korra again......".

His expression turned to sadness and greif.

"I don't think I or the queen could handle it".

"Don't worry, your Majesty", Asami said, stopping.

They both turned to eachother. Asami had a serious look on her face.

"I won't let anything happen to Korra. I promise".

The king smiled. "I knew I could count on you. Thank Asami. For everything. For bringing Korra back. She means the world to her mother and I. When we discovered she wasn't coming back, we were heartbroken. Her mother cried from weeks. Korra left a void in our hearts that nothing could fill. But thanks to you, she's back and we couldn't be happier".

Asami nodded.

"Come", the King said. "Let's not keep them waiting".

Asami nodded and they continued walking.

Asami and King Tonraq arrived at the main staircase which was outside the ballroom. Queen Senna and Asami's parents were there, dressed to impress.

"Mom. Dad", Asami said, walking up to them.

King Hiroshi and Queen Sura looked at her. They smiled.

"Asami", her mother said.

Asami looked around.

"Where's Korra??".

"She's on her way", Queen Senna said. "She hasn't been to a ball where she's the guest of honor in years so she's bit nervous".

Asami was worried. Should she go check on her??

"Ah here she comes", her mom said, giving her a look.

Asami turned around. She froze. Korra was walking down the stairs. She was beautiful. Her hair was pulled back in a bun, her bangs let loose. She had on a blue dress, of course. She was dark blue and white and long sleeved. It looked tribal as well. She had on no makeup but Asami was glad. Korra looked fine just how she was.

Korra also had a crown on her head. Finally.

Asami watched in shock as Korra stopped at the bottom and looked up at them, obviously self conscious.

"So how do I look??", she asked.

Korra looked at Asami. She smiled and walked up to her.

"You look amazing, Asami. As always", she said.

"Thank you", Asami said.

Asami looked Korra up and down.

"You look beautiful, princess", Asami said, grinning.

"Yes, my dear", King Tonraq said. "You do".

Korra looked at her father and smiled.

"Thank you".

"Well, we better get in there", Queen Senna said. "Can't keep our guests waiting to see their princess".

The group headed towards the double doors, leading to the ballroom.

Korra bit her lip and looked at the floor. Asami frowned.

"Nervous??".

Korra nodded. Asami smiled gently.

"Take hold of my arm if you'd like".

Asami held her elbow out. Korra slowly wrapped her hand around the crook of Asami's elbow.

"Thank you, Asami".

The doors were opened.

The group walked in.

"Wow", Korra whispered, looking around.

The ballroom was huge. Its high ceiling had crystal chandeliers hanging from it. The room was full of light. There people dancing, eating, drinking, talking. It was filled with voices and music played by a large group of musicians in the far right of the room.

They all stopped at the top of the staircase. Everything went quiet as everyone turned to look at the royal families.

Everyone bowed.

Korra's heart raced in her chest. She gulped as everyone looked at her.

"It's okay", Asami whispered. "I'm right here. You won't be alone so there won't be anything to fear".

Korra looked at her. She trusted Asami completely and her words. She nodded.

"Okay".

"Thank you all for coming", King Tonraq said, his voice loud and thunderous so all could here.

"We are all here to celebrate the return of our daughter and your princess".

Korra gulped. She knew what would happen next and she didn't think she was ready for it.

"Without further adue", the King said, smiling. "I'd like to introduce my daughter, your princess and future queen of The Southern Water kingdom, princess Korra".

The adults moved aside.

"Go on", Asami whispered. "I'll be right beside you".

They unlinked arms. Korra and Asami walked up so everyone could see. Asami stayed off to the side, Korra the center of attention. The crowd of people cheered and clapped.

Korra clutched her hands together behind her back. Her heart felt like it might explode.

She looked around at all the people.

So many people.

Looking to her left, she saw Asami smiling at her.

"Now", King Tonraq said. "Let the ball begin!".

So yeah. Let me know what you think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.2K 1.5K 20
So this is about korrasami in high school they've been friends for a while and start falling in love but they don't know they like each other so Korr...
62.4K 1.6K 13
Asami Sato attended Republic City high, Her father, Hiroshi, is a multi millionaire, which puts a target on his head. Hiroshi wants to take asami awa...
8K 129 37
Korra is born into a prosperous world. A world where there are no big conflicts, a world where technology was growing. As a young child, Korra would...
44.5K 825 15
Korra and Asami were very good friends.... but things take a different turn when they realize there is something between them that goes beyond just f...