Call me Soldier

Від jmaertens5

"Who are you?" "You can call me Soldier, well for the short time you continue to live." "What is your busines... Більше

[2] Ow...ow...ow
[3] What is: Hydra?
[4] Blue Serum
[5] Hail Hydra.
[6] Mission
[7] First
[8] Crap
[9] Gone boy
[10] Bucky
[11] Hunt
[12] Captured
[13] Home
[14] Second Chance
[15] Therapy
[16] Dream
[17] Recovery
[18] Dance
[19] Fight
[20] No. No. No.
[21] Back
Bonus

[1] Goodbye

9.9K 226 61
Від jmaertens5

My name is Rebecca. Rebecca Rose Barnes. My brother, James and I were separated when our mother died. Our father died when we were young-- he was a soldier in the army.

We were told that our dad died saving several civilians from a war zone city. Everyone called him a hero. We were given medals for him, after he died.

After Mom died, James, or Bucky, decided to be a ward of the state and stay at the base so that he could be a soldier too.  He wanted to be just like our dad. I wanted to join the army too, but I was a girl. No one thought that joining the army was an appropriate job for a lady. Sexist pigs.

I went into foster care, but my foster parents already had 10 other children. We didn't have very much money and when I was 13, my foster dad told me that I needed to quit school and work on the family's farm. We had had a terrible harvest, and my dad needed lots of help, since all seven of his boys were at war.

I wasn't having it. There was no way he could make me sacrifice my future and education for some smelly old farm. I mean, I felt bad for abandoning him, but what help could I be on a farm?

I decided to run away.

My best friend, Peggy Carter, let me stay with her and I continued to go to school.

Peggy was much older than me and worked for the army, but not as a soldier. She had many connections in the army, and was well liked, despite being of the female gender.

After a few months, Peggy told me that Bucky had joined the army and was going to be shipped out to Europe. She had access to all sorts of information.

I was worried and also jealous, because Bucky was going to make my father proud and I was just sitting like a lump.

I decided to screw school. There was no way that my brother was going to war without me. Obviously some serious strings needed to be pulled. After all, I was a fifteen year old girl with no experience.

I told Peggy how much I wanted to go. I had to see Bucky and to help him out. Peggy understood my want to help out-- that was why she joined the army, anyways.

Obviously, my age was a problem. I was not eighteen and that was blatantly apparent from my looks.

Peggy had some favors to call in, and was able to have a 'printing mistake' added to my record. I was now eighteen.

The army was desperate for troops, anyway.

In no time, I was at the training base in New Jersey. It was nerve wracking to be in such a large and intimidating place as one of the only girls, but I had a goal. I was going to make the 107th regiment and see my brother again.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

FERAL Від Ally

Фанфіки

2.8K 121 34
"Well folks, I'm goin' down to St. James Infirmary See my little baby there She's stretched out on a long, white table Well she looks so good, so col...
586K 20.4K 48
❝Meet me on the battlefield, even in the darkest night. I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage, and you will be mine.❞ . . .in which nothin...
2.9M 78.3K 44
"You know, for a Stark, you're not as annoying as I imagined." "You've imagined things about me, Barnes?" "Oh, I've imagined a whole lot of things ab...
74.2K 1.9K 28
━━━━━━━SOUR━☂☄ ❱ ❝ bucky barnes daughter ᵕ̈ in which﹔ two heroes once knew each other and fell i...