I Love You Hating Me

By TradleyJonnor2002

Bradley is confused Tristan is confused Friendship Hate Sneaky meet ups Denial Xo Read to see more ;) More

Soul Enemy
Hearing Everything
Questions
First Night
Bed Time
First Morning
Lessons
Closer
Alone In A Classroom
Talking To A Brick Wall
I Love You
Author's note
A Little Date
Dirty Talk
Dream
New Friend?
Author's Note
Nice Game, Simpson
Just Don't
Extra 5 Minutes
Terrible Weather
This Is My Life
And I Love It
Thank You
New Story

Why Are You Doing This?

106 9 0
By TradleyJonnor2002

Tristan 

Tristan- 17.00, River Side Ave

It is now 16:03 and I have half an hour to get ready to meet Bradley. Most people would just sling on a random shirt and jeans, give their hair a brush and whack on some spray. But in my mind I didn't want to do that. I actually wanted to make an effort on how I look. It seems a bit strange to me how I want to 'impress' the guy I hate but I don't know what's gotten into me lately. He can change me. He can make me stop them sentences that only have bad endings and he can make me feel so... happy yet so annoyed. 

I had a quick shower, being sure to wash every part of my body and every strand of hair. I even used facial scrub and shaved all my newly growing facial hairs. Being sure to pick out one of my favourite outfits. Although my style isn't like every else, I still like what I wear. I have many long shirts, mostly leopard print, and my only preferred type of trousers are skinny jeans. So I  picked out a white button up shirt with black polka dots and black jeans with a little rip at the knees, along with plain black trainers. 

Once I put on half a bottle of cologne on, I grabbed a jacket and tied it around my waist. 

----------------------------------------------

Bradley

So Tristan told me to meet him here and I'm 5 minuets early. There's no shadows or figures of a human being in the distance. River Side Ave is a massive grassland, parks, lakes and a dog park. Some areas are flooded with flowers while others is mainly grass. I am so nervous I have no idea if he's going to come alone or what he wants with me. I know I wanted to know how he got a nose bleed but not in the middle of a park at 5.00 PM! It doesn't get dark till around 6.30 PM anyway so I have load of time and my car is only parked in the car park at the front of the play area I'm stood in front of. I'm also pretty sure he didn't invite me out to go on the swings or go down the slide with him. Breathe Bradley. Breathe. 

I waited about 7 more minuets and still no Tristan Evans turned up. I looked left and right and still didn't see anybody. Well I guess that was all for nothing. It was a joke after all. Walking back to my car, I kept looking back and hoping to see him there. No luck. I sighed and put the keys in, turning the engine on. 

"Bradley wait!"

I hear him shout. I stood up again and shut the door seeing him run up to me. He certainly did dress to impress he was looking amazing. A button up shirt with the top one loose, black skinny jeans that hugged his legs and made his thighs look so squeeze-able. His blue eyes sparkled from the dimly lit street lights. He must of realised he had gotten too close to me because his big smile went into a little one and he took a step back. I looked behind him and around us to see if there was another pair of eyes watching us or a flashlight from a camera.

"I came alone"

"And that was supposed to comfort me?"

"It was the truth. Who would I bring?"

"Um, your little puppies. James, Shawn and- I would say Reece but he's actually nice"

"I didn't tell them to hate you, just like your friends. They wanted to hate me"

"And you wanted to hate me?"

"So did you"

"Yet here we are"

"Listen Simpson! I actually said yes to your begging don't make me regret that"

"I'm not! I'm just telling the truth. We both started hate when we have no clue about each other"

"Hm"

I crossed my arms and didn't speak for about 5 seconds until I had to ask.

"So what happened?"

"Between me and Ben?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Fine. He... said something about my Mother. She's a drug addict and even though we are not on the best of terms right now, she's still my Mom. He wouldn't stop so I just turned and hit him. After a few hits, I missed one and he got me on my nose. Me being me I cared about my nose and I really don't want to mess up my face so I walked away. That was it"

"You dragged my ass out here for just 5 minuets of that?! Why didn't you tell me in the music room? Or in the toilets? We was alone"

"I didn't just want to say that. I want to hang with you"

My eyes widened and I took a deep breath in, re-thinking that same sentence in my head. I could feel my heartbeat and it was trying to tell me something. My eyes darted everywhere but soon landed back on to him. 

"The... The Tristan Evans wants to hang out with ME?! You are aware of who I am? Your biggest problem you could ever have in your life"

"You said you wanted a new friend earlier"

"Not you! The patience I had with you gone a long time ago. Yeah, at first I thought it was just a bit of starter drama, but 9 months down the line seems a bit more than a childish banter. Also not forgetting the time you had a crowd of people around me and every one of them students calling me a stupid fag and telling me to kill myself. Not forgetting the time you had slashed 3 of my tires meaning I couldn't claim insurance and had to pay out over £400. Never forgetting the time you had broken into my locker 3 days before my exam and shredded up all of my work and used it as confetti at your friends birthday party. So no, I don't want to be your friend"

"Okay then Brad, you wanna play that game? Well I remember a time where you had found out I was going for a boys trip to France so you pick pocketed my passport a day before I was due to leave. A time where you had 'accidentally' walking into my drum set making it fall over when you knew I was stressing out. I remember when you brought all your friends to see me perform in front of the school and then all of you laughed created jokes. Then only a month ago you smeared peanut butter over my seat before I sat down. So we both throw dirt on each other" 

I was overcome with surprise when he just done all that ranting and he grabbed my hand dragging me with him. 

"Where are you taking me?"

"You like mud right?"

"No, not really"

"Well prepare"

He took me down the path to a short gate behind some trees. I've lived here for 4 years and I have never looked across this gate. He climbs up over, landing on a slightly inclined hill. 

"How did you know this was here?"

"I spent my time exploring rather than getting into trouble"

"Touche"

He smirks and he carries on slowly walking up.

"You coming or not?"

Really? Oh yeah Brad let's go follow the biggest jerk over a gate to God knows where! Fun night out. 

I grip the gate with one hand and jump over, swinging my legs across. 

"Alright show off. Or are you trying to impress me?"

"Ha ha fuck off"

I roll my eyes and walk up after him. This adrenaline is starting to overwhelm me, I don't know where I'm going, I don't know if this is a trap. He was leading me towards a copse at the top of rising ground. The ground was a soft layer of grass and small twigs often snapping beneath our feet. He walked through the entrance to the trees and there was a little path formed in the grass as if people regularly walk there. 

"Where are you taking me?"

The worry shown in my voice.

"To a place I know you will like"

"But why are you-"

I stop my sentence as I nearly got welted in the face with a tree branch sticking out. 

"Sorry. I let go of it I thought you seen it"

He pulled it back to his waist again letting me past.

"Thanks"

We walked for a couple more minuets before the trees had stopped and there was a bench overlooking a high view of the town. It was faintly dark so all the street lights had been turned on in the town and it had made the view so much more better. 

"Come on"

He walked to the bench and took a seat. He continued facing towards the town. It was actually beautiful. But I still had a doubt that if I sit down next to him, somebody might try to cut my throat or his friends will be there to finally beat me up after all this time. 

"Why did you say yes to meeting me?"

"You wouldn't stop bugging me?"

"You gave in though. That's not like you"

"It's not like you to ask me to meet"

"I just wanted to know"

"I'm pretty sure it will get spread round school. Why didn't you just wait and find out?"

"Cuz ... I don't know. I wanted to hear it from you"

"Are you gonna sit down or what?"

I sighed and looked around. The trees were thin so I could tell no one was behind one of them hiding. As I made my way over to him a screech owl made that loud blood-curdling kind of scream which to me, sounds like somebody getting murdered. It made me jump and wrap my arms round myself as I gasped loud. So loud that Tristan laughed. Embarrassing.

"You don't like them?"

"I hate them. Hear them from where I live it's terrifying"

He laughed as I sat down next to him and he shuffled closer to me. I started freaking out in my mind like a 15 year old girl in front of their crush. Oh my God did he just? He moved closer to me! To me!? No, wait. Why am I thinking like this? So what if he just got closer it doesn't mean anything to you. Sounds like I have crush on him. I could never. Could I?

"Why do you hate me?"

His question made me go nervous. Unable to answer the question, I kept chewing at my lip hoping he will say something else. But he didn't. Instead he kept looking at me with his gorgeous eyes and a small miserable look on his face. 

"I don't know Tristan. We just never clicked as friends back then."

"So you hated on me instead?"

"Not like you put in any effort to like me. Why do you hate me?"

"You're just annoying. You ask too much at times. You thought taking the piss would be better than trying to talk"

"I didn't mean to. At first I was childish and I thought it was funny. It got old though. I knew it was too late to turn back so I kept doing what I did"

"Right"

"Why are you doing this? Bringing me here?"

"Thought I could waste your time"

"Wow so friendly"

"Shut up"

"Do you want to be friends or not?"

Jeez I was brave saying asking that. 

"Ask me again in a week"

----------------------------------------------

An hour passed and it was now 18:21. We stayed sat and talked very little. It made me feel awkward but also I loved having him by my side. He took me to a beautiful spot, kind of romantic, and actually spoke to me for more than 10 seconds.

We traveled back to where my car was parked and I leant up againts the door ready to tell him goodbye.

"You don't want to be friends do you?"

I ask with one eyebrow raised.

"Not friends. Just talk for now. I don't want people to see you with me"

"Oh... okay"

I open my car door and try to turn the engine on. Then it hit me.

"Shit!"

I hit the steering wheel from frustration and desperately tried to turn the car engine back on.

"What happened?"

"I left my fucking keys in the car. It was turned on the entire time and the car battery has gone!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 872 26
a shy and bullied Brad recently just met a guy and became instant best friends. Then he started to develop feelings. will Tristan Evans feel the sam...
85.2K 1.7K 36
❝I never expected to fall for my little sisters best friend❞ :: sometimes you can't explain what you see in a person. it's just the way they take you...
58.9K 2.7K 43
in which tristan is cheated on and bradley called it, but is still there to pick up the pieces of his broken heart. [ranked #1 - tradley]
264K 3.3K 200
Read book 1 first to see Brad and Rachel's story up until this point. :) Hope you enjoy