Naomi [Wattys 2017]

By HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 56

304 45 3
By HusseinaJafiya

Chapter 56

Basically, during the whole wedding service, I was quiet. Adam was a bit curious about my silence but I pretended that everything was fine.

Although it wasn't.

Adam's argument with his dad earlier this morning was based on who the photographer of the wedding was going to be. The hired photographer for the wedding wasn't going to show up soon and Mr Richardson suggested that Adam should be the photographer but Adam, being the stubborn son, said he wasn't going to do a single shit for his dad's wedding and that was how the argument started.

Fortunately, the photographer showed up at the church service.

After that, Adam still had another argument with his dad after the church service and this got Adam extremely mad and he decided to drink alcohol to get his pissed mind off. To be honest, drinking wasn't helping the situation.

It was now time for the wedding reception and I was sited on a table in the middle of the reception hall with Adam and his bar friends; Kaleb, the twins; Shawn and Spencer, and Keisha. Adam was sited on my right side, drinking his third cup of champagne. He was already in a drunk state and it seems like after this cup, he was surely going to get really drunk.

Being a bad girlfriend, I didn't stop Adam from drinking right from the first cup because my mind has been on the pictures I saw few hours ago. Anxiety and frustration kept coming over me every time I think about it.

"You okay Naomi?" Kaleb asked from his seat beside Adam.

"Yeah I'm good." I lied and smiled at him. "Just thinking."

"Thought so." He smirked and turned to Adam. "Man you need to get over this drink before you explode."

Adam who was taking a long sip from his glass doesn't answer until he finished it and dropped the glass on the table.

"That's my plan buddy." He smirked in his drunken state. His eyes looked tired and his body seemed to be moving and couldn't stay in one place.

Gosh I hated seeing Adam this way.

"You've got to quite it. You have family and friends around." Shawn pointed around. "Especially your younger sister who might end up crying before the day ends."

"Screw that shit." He rolled his eyes.

"Adam!" Kaleb elbowed him. "Don't say that man."

"He is clearly drunk man." Spencer snorted.

Keisha and I watched them quietly without saying a single word. I could have said a lot if I was really in the mood, unfortunately those pictures from this morning still kept taking away my emotions from caring about anything that was going on with Adam.

Silence suddenly fell on the table.

Adam who was supposed to be the one guiding this table was drunk and useless. The rest of the table didn't know what to talk about. Kaleb and the other boys just picked up their phone and started typing.

Eventually, my eyes turned to Keisha who was already staring at me. Suspense and curiosity was in that stare. It seemed like she was suspecting something was up with me and Adam. Or just me against Adam. It seemed like she knew that I had figured something about Adam. And yes she was right, I have.

Keisha took her gaze away from me immediately and looked through her phone. I sighed and did the same when I suddenly saw a text from Grace.

'Jenna is at the wedding too.' She wrote.

My mouth gaped open. How could I forget Jenna was Adam's cousin.

Definitely she was always going to show up.

I gazed round the hall for Jenna and suddenly spotted her sitting not too far on one of the tables ahead of me.

To my surprise she was looking at my direction. It seemed she just found out that I was here too.

Her facial expression didn't seem anything close to surprise as she was whispering into the ear of the girl beside her while looking at me. Immediately, the same girl told the other girls on the table what Jenna must have told her and they all giggled and turned to look at me.

Good to know that Jenna also carried her malicious character outside school.

I looked away from her table and turned back to my phone.

'Just saw her.
She's still petty here :(' I texted Grace back.

Grace replied immediately

'That's so Jenna =D
Try to keep out of her way before she ruins your relationship with Adam' she replied.

'She can't do anything :P but will do!'

'Ttyl! My mum's making me do the dishes :('

'Aww poor you :D'

I locked my phone and looked at the rest of my table members who were still busy with their phones. I gazed to my right to a drunk and sleepy Adam.

"You okay?" I asked.

He blinked and turned to look at me and smirked. "Couldn't be any better without youuuuu-"

"That's nice." I cut his little singing with a small smile. "Excuse me to the bathroom."

I stood up and walked away before he could say anything else. I really wish he wasn't in such a drunken state. I wonder how his dad is going to react if he sees him in such state.

All I really needed to do was ask him about what those naked pictures were about and why he asked me to do it.

Gosh i feel so stupid for letting him use me in the first place.

"Hey Naomi!" a voice cuts me from one of the tables behind me while I was still walking to the bathroom.

Curiously, I stopped and turned to see a grinning Anastasia sitting beside a middle aged woman and other kids her age.

"Hi Anastasia." I grinned and stopped to stand beside her. "What's up?"

"I want to introduce you to my favourite teacher," She turned to grin at the woman beside her, "this is miss Oliver."

My heart stopped for a second the moment she said that name. This bitch came to the wedding?!

"Miss Oliver this is my brother's girlfriend, Naomi."

I stared blankly at the middle aged short haired brunette woman in red glasses.

All I see could see was a stupid ugly Paedophile.

"Nice to meet you." She smiled and waved at me.

I gave her a small smile and turned to Anastasia. "Got to go to the bathroom. Catch ya later."

Before she could reply, I turned around and started walking away.

It was awful looking at that piece of ass.

I quickly walked over to the ladies toilet and sighed the moment I shut the door. Luckily the toilet was empty and I had it all to myself.

I really need to tell Adam about his sister once I get out of the toilet. Drunk or not, I will still speak up before it's too late.

I walked over to one of the middle cubicles and locked it.

The silence was enjoyable until the moment the toilet door swung open and voices interrupted the peace.

I looked below the space under the door of the cubicle and there were about four different heels standing in front of the mirror. Next thing I know, I heard a familiar voice.

"He has always has always been dumb since he was little." Jenna spoke up. "I don't see why y'all are surprised that he's drunk on his father's wedding."

"I know! Any ways the drunk face is still sexy!" I heard a lighter voice giggle.

"And he's cute. Besides who's that weird stuff that was sitting beside him?" Another voice asked.

What did she just call me?

"Naomi. A scumbag that goes to my school." Jenna replied. I could sense she was rolling her eyes. "It's so gross looking at those two together."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I know!" The other girls said in unison.

That really hurts. My chest was beginning to clutch at Jenna's statement. It's just messed up that these girls think it's a gross thing for me and Adam to date.

But my mum told me, people are always going to hate in life.

"Besides I bet Adam is using her like he always does to every other girl." She added.

I couldn't take her words anymore. I flushed the toilet and got ready to leave the cubicle.

"That's exactly what I thought about." The lighter voice girl said. "Remember Amber? That dumb blonde model that he-"

Her voice was cut by my appearance in front of them the moment I opened the cubicle door. The four girls all turned to me with a surprised expression except for Jenna.

"Look what we have here." Jenna smirked and crossed her arms. "Speaking of the devil."

"It's so awkward." The blonde skinny girl, who had the lighter voice, muttered.

I rolled my eyes and passed through them and washed my hands by the sink.

"Trying to be a bitch huh?" I heard Jenna snort from behind.

I don't answer as I take the toilet paper and dried my hands without looking at any of them. I was about leaving when suddenly two of the girls with Jenna blocked my way from the door.

It was damn time for trouble.

"Looks like somebody's not going to leave anytime soon." She gave an evil chuckle.

I turned to face a smirking Jenna who looks like she was ready to do something big.

"What do you want?" I sneered.

"What do I want?" She looked pleased at me for asking the question and sat on the side of the sink. "Well I want to know what your scum ass is doing at my uncles wedding."

"It's none of your business." I rolled my eyes. "Can I leave now?"

She gave out a mocking laugh and stopped to grin at me.

"I like that." She said still grinning. "Anyways how long have you known your douche boyfriend?"

"Why do you care?" I folded my arms and glared at her. I knew she was up to something and I would not let this bitch take anything in control today.

"Trying to be petty huh?" She chuckled and paused to scowl at me. "Look 'baby girl' I'm not here for any stupid conversation with you. I'm only here to tell you what you don't know."

"And what do you think I don't know?" I raised an eyebrow.

"She's getting hot." The blonde girl standing beside Jenna commented to her.

"Drop it." Jenna hushed her and turned to me. "You don't know anything poor princess. Besides how long have you known Adam?"

"Beginning of junior high." I huffed.

"Not long. And who did he tell you he was?" She raised a brow.

"That is none of your business Jenna. And I mean it." I scowled.

"Aww she's sad." Jenna gave a playful pout which made the other girls laugh. "Anyways, I advise you to speak up if you want to leave soon."

Unbelievable. She thinks she could take control of my life now.

"What do you want to know that I don't know? First of all, you're his stupid ass cousin. What's more? He's into photography." I blurted.

"Continue." She smirked.

"What else is there to know? His full name? Age? School?" I gave mocking snort. "His full name is Adam Thomas Richardson."

She still stared at me and waited for an answer. I chuckle at how stupid all this was.

"Waiting for age and school right?" I smirked. "He's 16 for your information and he's a smart ass to go to a way better school than you."

She raised her eyebrow. The other girls furrowed their eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah that's right." I continued as I still smirked widely at her. "You can't tell me Richard baker isn't better than James Murphy?"

I looked at Jenna and waited for her reply. Next thing she starts clapping like I gave her the best statement of all time. Then all four girls start laughing like crazy.

What was the joke about this time?

"This is the moment we've all been waiting for." Jenna grinned and looked at me. I raised an eyebrow to question what she meant. "Isn't it so sad that our poor little princess doesn't even know the simplest question about her phony ass boyfriend."

She sat up and looked at me with a serious expression this time. "Do you believe everything you just said?"

"Why shouldn't I?" I rolled my eyes. "He's my boyfriend and I trust everything he says."

"Oouuu." All the girls whistled before they giggled.

"This keeps getting more interesting girls." Jenna clasped her hands together while staring at me. "For your information you've been dating a big fat liar. Let me tell you this once and never again. He is an impostor. How on earth do you believe he's 16! Are you blind or something?!" She pointed her hands in the air with a confused expression. "Adam doesn't look 16 neither does he even look 17. He's 19! Read my lips, one and nine- 19."

I gawk at Jenna who looked serious and less surprised at what she just said.

This wasn't even making a single sense.

Adam couldn't be 19. No. Not in this world. Was she trying to change 6 upside down so that I would choose to believe her?

"Also, he doesn't go to Richard Baker high school. He never went to a good high school anyways." She rolled her eyes. "He studies photography in West Side College right here in New Jersey." She added which caused me to furrow my eyebrows more.

"Yeah I know that's one of the lowest ranking schools but well it's Adam. He's too dumb to go to a good school anywhere. And to end this stupid little talk, Adam is only playing you. The end." She gave an evil smile.

I felt my heart gushing out of my chest. So Adam doesn't go to Richard Baker? Neither was he 16 years old? And he was playing me this whole time?

None of these made sense. Not with Adam.

"I don't believe you." I muttered.

"You don't?" She raised an eyebrow. "But you believe that jackass who is only playing with your heart to get you to model for his stupid photography contest naked?"

I stopped myself for a moment and looked at her bewildered. How did she know?

"Surprising huh?" She smirked. "I know Adam very well. Besides you're not the first girl he's using as a toy." She paused, then her eyes lit up before she laughed. "Okay this is the funniest part... Do you think of all the beautiful girls in New Jersey and anywhere else, a whole gorgeous sexy looking hazel eyes Adam will date you? I mean be realistic."

I felt my throat dry and stared at her. I want to be realistic that Adam was really gorgeous but he had his way of getting me into his life. What was the problem now?

"Take a look at you." She snorted. "Adam will never fall in love with a girl like you. This isn't some punk ass high school novel you're reading about the sexy dude and geek girl. This is reality and you know whatever you two are on about... Is just a joke. Because that's what Adam's life is about- a joke."

I hate you so much Jenna. I really do.

I was really breathing heavily now. Everything Jenna said was like a knife piercing through my skin. I've always hated Jenna but not this much. She was such a white demon and could do anything to bring you down. I really don't want to believe anything she just said but unfortunately, she was right about everything.

In the real world, someone like Adam will never date someone like me. I was an ugly two skinned scum bag who always deserved nothing. NOTHING good was ever going to come my way. Not even Adam.

"I think she wants to cry now." The blonde girl said while staring curiously at me.

"Girls maybe you should give her some space before we soak in her gross tears." Jenna ordered the two girls behind me. And they obeyed.

I didn't even know how to respond to everything Jenna said. All I could do was stand speechlessly and let my emotions take control. Jenna was just smirking and staring at me without having any feeling or pity for me. She didn't even feel guilty for saying anything she just said.

I glared at her one last time through my wet eyes before running out of the door.

Adam how could you do this to me? Why did you have to lie about everything? Even just the simplest things to know about you had to turn into a lie.

If those were simple questions you lied about, then what could possibly be the bigger lie?

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 56

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 31.1K 64
Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being manipulated, ruined, or even shattered into...
4.8K 202 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...
437K 11K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
2K 54 18
Her brows furrowed. "You look like you have something specific you wanna ask me." The tips of Liam's ears turned red at Emma's very accurate observat...